From: Anees A Shaikh [mailto:aashaikh@...]
Sent: Monday, November 18, 2013 9:03 AM
To: Ed Warnicke (eaw)
Cc: <affinity-dev@...>; <discuss@...>; Tai, Hideyuki(田井, 秀幸);
integration-dev@...; <opendove-dev@...>; opendove-dev-bounces@...;
vtn-dev@...
Subject: Re: [opendove-dev] [integration-dev] Virtualization Edition Guide for VTN Manager

I don't expect we will be able to get simultaneous coexistence between the
VTN/OpenDOVE/OVSDB virtualization implementations in the first release ,
for example. I was always expecting some kind of configuration needed to
select which approach to use based on the user environment. Using
multiple implementations also has implication on NB integrations with
OpenStack, which I don't think we've figured out yet.

That said, it seems odd to me that affinity would be an issue -- my
impression was that it provides a way to specify relationships -- and
other services are essentially clients of the affinity service and pick up
what the user has specified. Is the nature of the incompatibility also
documented somewhere (assuming we have some idea of what is breaking)? Are
any of the virtualization services currently clients of the affinity
service (Open DOVE is not at this point)?

thanks.

-- Anees

opendove-dev-bounces@... wrote on 11/15/2013 11:09:53
PM:

From: "Ed Warnicke (eaw)" <eaw@...>
To: Hideyuki Tai <h-tai@...>,
Cc: "<affinity-dev@...>" <affinity-
dev@...>, "<discuss@...>"
<discuss@...>, "integration-
dev@..." <integration-
dev@...>, "<opendove-dev@...>"
<opendove-dev@...>, "vtn-
dev@..." <vtn-dev@...>
Date: 11/15/2013 11:19 PM
Subject: Re: [opendove-dev] [integration-dev] Virtualization Edition
Guide for VTN Manager
Sent by: opendove-dev-bounces@...

Hideyuki,

This is a problem as affinity is also part of the virtualization
edition... what can be done to allow peaceful coexistence?

Ed

On Nov 15, 2013, at 12:00 AM, "Hideyuki Tai" <h-tai@...>
wrote:

Hi all,

I've written the procedure how to run VTN Manager without any
trouble in the Virtualization Edition
in the following page.

https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/
OpenDaylight_Virtual_Tenant_Network_(VTN):Installation:Virtualization_Edition

VTN Manager does not work correctly when the following bundles are
running:
* arphandler bundle (org.opendaylight.controller.arphandler)
* sample bundles (org.opendaylight.controller.samples.*)
* affinity bundles (org.opendaylight.affinity.*)

For example, simpleforwarding
(org.opendaylight.controller.samples.simpleforwarding) sets
flow entries automatically after detecting host information.
These flow entries might be inconsistent with flow entries
installed by VTN Manager.

To let VTN Manager work correctly in the Virtualization Edition,
you have to stop the above bundles.
For example, to prevent OSGi framework from automatically
installing and starting the above bundles,
please edit configuration/config.ini as follows.

47 # Avoid to auto-install following bundles, that means those need
48 # to be started manually or in other way like osgi.bundles
49 #felix.fileinstall.filter=^(?!org.apache.felix.fileinstall).*
50 felix.fileinstall.filter=\
51 ^(?!org\\.(apache\\.felix\\.fileinstall|\
52 opendaylight\\.(affinity|\
53 controller\\.(arphandler|samples)))).*
54

Installation Guide for VTN Coordinator is available here:
https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/
OpenDaylight_Virtual_Tenant_Network_(VTN):Installation:VTN_Coordinator

To test VTN Coordinator, please check the above guide.
VTN Coordinator is not included in the Virtualization Edition yet,
but I believe that it will be included soon.

Regards,
Hideyuki Tai

Join integration-dev@lists.opendaylight.org to automatically receive all group messages.