Re: Moving forward to SP and Virt editions
Hideyuki Tai <h-tai@...>
Thank you for interest!
If you have any questions about VTN Project, please let us know.
From: integration-dev-bounces@... [mailto:integration-dev-bounces@...]
On Behalf Of huang denghui
I prefer option 2.
BTW, i would like to do system test for VTN project, i have been watching this project for a while.
2013/12/11 Luis Gomez <luis.gomez@...>
OK, I have not heard much feedback on this proposal but I like the idea of working in teams so there is more coverage in case members are not available or need some support, so lets see what are the options for teaming:
1) Set up 2 groups base on time zone working one on SP and the other on Virt, for example:
- East team: Baohua, Denghui, Guangpeng, Anton can do Virtualization edition
- West team: Punal, Carol, Lakshmi and Moiz can do SP edition
2) Set up 2 groups base on time zone working on bundles developed in closer time zone (this is more efficient for contacting the developers)
- East team: Baohua, Denghui, Guangpeng, Anton can do VTN (Japan), SNMP (Taiwan), LISP (Israel),
- West team: Punal, Carol, Lakshmi and Moiz can do OVSDB (US), OpenDove (US), Affinity (US), BGP/PCEP (Europe)
3) Set up 2 groups with mix people East and West people taking care of SP and Virt editions, for example:
- SP team: 2 people from East + 2 people from West
- Virt team: 2 people from East + 2 people form West
All the options above have pros and cons, let me know which one you like more.
How would you like to handle those who would like to work together on the same module?
For example, a team working on Virtualization edition, one team member might coorespond with the Developer while others write test plan and test cases.
I was this morning in the OF plugin weekly call and there is still some ongoing work for OF 1.3. (the missing part in Base edition). At the same time I see some people in integration ready to do something so I think this is probably a good time to start looking at the other 2 editions: Virtualization and Service Provider editions.
First I would like to make a list of modules that need to be covered by system test, these are (let me know if I forget some):
- VTN Manager
- OVSDB Neutron API
- OpenDove oDMC
Service Provider edition:
Second, I would like people in integration (that are not busy now) to pick a module each knowing that the work required will be:
- Read about the module and work with the developers to understand what would be a good system test
- Write a system test plan for the module in our wiki
- Implement the system test using Robot framework
The overall work for a single module can take some time so it is good idea to start now. For the same reason do not take more than 1-2 modules per person in the beginning unless you really have the time for it.
I will open new tasks in Trello for all the above so please feel free to add your names on them. You can also mail me with your preferences and I can update Trello accordingly.