Hideyuki Tai <h-tai@...>
Denghui and Baohua are working on VTN Manager and VTN Coordinator.
Therefore, I think that the expected system test coverage of Virt VTN Edition is “VTN Mgr API (OF plugin) + VTN Coordinator API”.
From: integration-dev-bounces@... [mailto:integration-dev-bounces@...]
On Behalf Of Luis Gomez
Dear Integration contributors,
As you probably have heard we are going to release OpenDaylight by the end of the month. This means we have just 3 weeks to finalize all testing activities that we consider high priority for the release. I say high priority because to be frank I do not think we can cover the 100% of the tasks we have programmed for Hydrogen release before the release date. Hopefully we can still work on the less priority matters after the release date and before the second release requires our full attention.
So two things I would like to cover in this mail: first which activities we should be more focus in the next 3 weeks and second what will be the expected system test coverage by the release date.
1) Let’s start with the high priority activities we should focus in the next 3 weeks:
- Anything related to basic Network Service Functions (Topology Mgr, Switch Mgr, FRM, etc…): current NSFs use OF and OVSDB plugin and they are mostly covered already, Arash is still working on Clustering test.
- New OF plugin: even if it is going to be released like an option (default is old plugin), I would expect many users enabling and using the new plugin so we have to test and help as much as we can on this area. I have already sent a mail with activities we are doing together with the OF plugin devs. We have one dedicated person (Madhusudhan) but please let me know if anyone else wants to contribute here.
- Projects that can be tested with the existing test bed in OpenDaylight (basically OF and mininet dependent projects): These are for example VTN, OVSDB and Affinity. AFAIK, Denghui and Baohua are working on VTN, I will take care of the OVSDB and I hope to get someone for Affinity.
2) And the expected system test coverage by the release date:
- Base edition: NSF API (OF+OVSDB plugin)
- Base edition with new OF plugin: NSF API (OF+OVSDB plugin), OF plugin RESTCONF API (OF plugin)
- SP edition: NSF API (OF+OVSDB plugin), Affinity API (OF plugin)
- Virt VTN edition: VTN Mgr API (OF plugin)
- Virt OVSDB edition: Neutron API (OF+OVSDB plugin)
Please let me know if you agree with the priorities as well as the expected coverage as I would like to send this information to TSC group before the next TSC call tomorrow.