Re: System Test Plan new tasks
Luis Gomez <luis.gomez@...>
Thanks Carol, I was expecting Test Tools people to jump on #2 as it is very much related.
From: Carol Sanders [mailto:carol.sanders@...]
Sent: Thursday, October 24, 2013 10:02 AM
To: Luis Gomez; Baohua Yang
Subject: RE: [integration-dev] System Test Plan new tasks
I will be working on #2 with hopefully a team of others.
On Behalf Of Luis Gomez
Thanks Baohua, I agree with you we make the draft this week, I have already opened an entry in our wiki main page.
From: Baohua Yang [mailto:yangbaohua@...]
I would like to volunteer for 1). I suggest we make a draft in this week, and discuss and refine by next Wednesday.
After that, I can also help write code for 2) if necessary.
On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 12:12 PM, Luis Gomez <luis.gomez@...> wrote:
I would like to open 2 new tasks for the Continuous Integration System Test (CSIT) deliverable we have to work on:
1) CSIT Test plan
- Description: It would be good idea to prepare a high level test plan for CSIT so that people in the community can agree, comment on it, etc… I know this is kind of challenge now because we do not have all the information about features, NB APIs, devices, etc… but we need to start writing something basic and complete it later when the information comes.
- Deliverable: CSIT test plan information (on the wiki)
- Timeline: start right away and have something basic before next Wednesday. Continue working on the test plan until CSIT is completed
- Skills: General OpenDaylight understanding
2) CSIT Implementation:
- Description: After we get some basic test plan (task #1) along with the test framework (we are working on it), we should start programming/debugging test cases
- Deliverable: CSIT using both Java and Python framework
- Timeline: start (hopefully) by next Wednesday and continue until CSIT is completed.
- Skills: Java or Python test programming
If you agree on these 2 tasks, I will need mentors (2 better than 1) and contributors for both, so please let me know asap.
PS.- I can drive 1) if nobody volunteers