Date

[tsc][release] OpenDaylight - Chlorine release status

Anil Belur

Hello All,

OpenDaylight Chlorine version bump is complete and the staging repository has been promoted. The 'stable/chlorine' branch has been unlocked and ready for development.

Pending activities required to be complete for the release:
1. Self-managed projects to release artifacts for Chlorine.
2. Release Distribution once the 1. is complete.
3. Release notes - project's need to prepare release notes.
4. Update ODL downloads page.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to the Chlorine release.

[0.] https://docs.opendaylight.org/en/latest/downloads.html

Re: [E] Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] [integration-dev] [ODL Discuss] [tsc] Proposal to archive inactive projects.

Anil Belur

Hi Manoj:

Most jobs for odl-plastic are unattended and there have been no releases for close to two years, so they have been removed from releng/builder.

I'm okay with not "archiving" the repository, since there is value or use cases that would benefit the project or community.
It would be great if you can propose a plan to maintain the project (committers, new features and/or releases etc).

Note: The archived projects are marked "Read-Only", and can always be changed to "Active" if a maintainer steps forward.

- ab

On Tue, Oct 4, 2022 at 1:34 AM Chokka, Manoj <manoj.chokka@...> wrote:
Hi All,

Sorry for the late reply.
We have had an internal discussion in Verizon and we wish to delay the archival of odl-plastic by one year.
We are still contemplating on the way forward for odl-plastic.
Until then we request the community to delay the archival by one year.

So, -1 for odl-plastic. and +1 for the rest.

Again apologies for the delayed response.

Thank you,

BR, Manoj

On Mon, Oct 3, 2022 at 1:11 PM Guillaume Lambert via lists.opendaylight.org <guillaume.lambert=orange.com@...> wrote:

+1

Fair enough to keep unimgr and l2switch for the moment.

BR

Guillaume

Od: integration-dev@... <integration-dev@...> v mene používateľa Anil Belur <abelur@...>
Odoslané: sobota, 1. októbra 2022 9:24:51
Komu: Robert Varga
Kópia: TSC; 'integration-dev@...' (integration-dev@...) (integration-dev@...); OpenDaylight Discuss; Andrew Grimberg; Casey Cain; Daniel de la Rosa; Luis Gomez; Ha, Sangwook; Santanu De; Donald Hunter
Predmet: Re: [integration-dev] [ODL Discuss] [tsc] Proposal to archive inactive projects.

On Fri, Sep 30, 2022 at 6:43 PM Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:
On 30/09/2022 04:34, Anil Belur wrote:
> Hello TSC:
>
> The list of $projects (and last activity on the repo) are inactive for
> the last ~2 release cycles and good candidates for project archival.
>
> - l2switch: Apr, 2021

-1, this is a very useful downstream of OFP. Perhaps we may merge it
with it.

> - unimgr: Sept, 2021

Not sure, this project was in some sort of a handover last time I checked...

Hello All, Thanks for the votes, based on Robert's input can we all agree to archive all the listed projects and exclude unimgr and l2switch for now.
Please  respond with +1,0,-1.

My vote is +1.

Robert, Regarding Unimgr there were unmerged changes (version bump) on the repo by Shanthanu (CC).

[it-infrastructure-alerts][notice] ODL maintenance window 19:00 Tue, 04 Oct 2022 - 21:00 Tue, 04 Oct 2022 PT

Anil Belur

What: LF will perform maintenance and updates on ODL systems.

When: 19:00 Tue, 04 Oct 2022 - 21:00 Tue, 04 Oct 2022 PT

Why: The cloud provider is in the process of performing maintenance across the compute nodes, which requires cold-migrating non-boot-from-volume servers for some of the LF projects.

Impact: Users may be unable to access any services (Gerrit, Jenkins, Sonar, Nexus) during this time.

Jenkins will be put in shutdown mode before the window starts and any long-running Jenkins jobs _will_ be canceled if they don't complete before the start of the window.

Notices will be posted to the mailing lists and in #opendaylight on slack at the start and end of the maintenance.

Re: [E] Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] [integration-dev] [ODL Discuss] [tsc] Proposal to archive inactive projects.

Chokka, Manoj <manoj.chokka@...>

Hi All,

Sorry for the late reply.
We have had an internal discussion in Verizon and we wish to delay the archival of odl-plastic by one year.
We are still contemplating on the way forward for odl-plastic.
Until then we request the community to delay the archival by one year.

So, -1 for odl-plastic. and +1 for the rest.

Again apologies for the delayed response.

Thank you,

BR, Manoj

On Mon, Oct 3, 2022 at 1:11 PM Guillaume Lambert via lists.opendaylight.org <guillaume.lambert=orange.com@...> wrote:

+1

Fair enough to keep unimgr and l2switch for the moment.

BR

Guillaume

Odoslané: sobota, 1. októbra 2022 9:24:51
Komu: Robert Varga
Kópia: TSC; 'integration-dev@...' (integration-dev@...) (integration-dev@...); OpenDaylight Discuss; Andrew Grimberg; Casey Cain; Daniel de la Rosa; Luis Gomez; Ha, Sangwook; Santanu De; Donald Hunter
Predmet: Re: [integration-dev] [ODL Discuss] [tsc] Proposal to archive inactive projects.

On Fri, Sep 30, 2022 at 6:43 PM Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:
On 30/09/2022 04:34, Anil Belur wrote:
> Hello TSC:
>
> The list of $projects (and last activity on the repo) are inactive for
> the last ~2 release cycles and good candidates for project archival.
>
> - l2switch: Apr, 2021

-1, this is a very useful downstream of OFP. Perhaps we may merge it
with it.

> - unimgr: Sept, 2021

Not sure, this project was in some sort of a handover last time I checked...

Hello All, Thanks for the votes, based on Robert's input can we all agree to archive all the listed projects and exclude unimgr and l2switch for now.
Please  respond with +1,0,-1.

My vote is +1.

Robert, Regarding Unimgr there were unmerged changes (version bump) on the repo by Shanthanu (CC).

Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] [opendaylight-dev][release] Sangwook Ha as committer for releng/builder

Robert Varga

On 30/09/2022 04:33, Anil Belur wrote:
Hello all,
Considering Sangwook Ha contributions [0] to releng/builder project, I'd like to nominate Sangwook as a committer.
Please vote: -1, 0, +1
+1.

Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] [integration-dev] [ODL Discuss] [tsc] Proposal to archive inactive projects.

Guillaume Lambert

+1

Fair enough to keep unimgr and l2switch for the moment.

BR

Guillaume

Odoslané: sobota, 1. októbra 2022 9:24:51
Komu: Robert Varga
Kópia: TSC; 'integration-dev@...' (integration-dev@...) (integration-dev@...); OpenDaylight Discuss; Andrew Grimberg; Casey Cain; Daniel de la Rosa; Luis Gomez; Ha, Sangwook; Santanu De; Donald Hunter
Predmet: Re: [integration-dev] [ODL Discuss] [tsc] Proposal to archive inactive projects.

On Fri, Sep 30, 2022 at 6:43 PM Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:
On 30/09/2022 04:34, Anil Belur wrote:
> Hello TSC:
>
> The list of $projects (and last activity on the repo) are inactive for
> the last ~2 release cycles and good candidates for project archival.
>
> - l2switch: Apr, 2021

-1, this is a very useful downstream of OFP. Perhaps we may merge it
with it.

> - unimgr: Sept, 2021

Not sure, this project was in some sort of a handover last time I checked...

Hello All, Thanks for the votes, based on Robert's input can we all agree to archive all the listed projects and exclude unimgr and l2switch for now.
Please  respond with +1,0,-1.

My vote is +1.

Robert, Regarding Unimgr there were unmerged changes (version bump) on the repo by Shanthanu (CC).

Re: [ODL Discuss] [tsc] Proposal to archive inactive projects.

Ivan Hrasko

+1

Ivan

Od: integration-dev@... <integration-dev@...> v mene používateľa Anil Belur <abelur@...>
Odoslané: sobota, 1. októbra 2022 9:24:51
Komu: Robert Varga
Kópia: TSC; 'integration-dev@...' (integration-dev@...) (integration-dev@...); OpenDaylight Discuss; Andrew Grimberg; Casey Cain; Daniel de la Rosa; Luis Gomez; Ha, Sangwook; Santanu De; Donald Hunter
Predmet: Re: [integration-dev] [ODL Discuss] [tsc] Proposal to archive inactive projects.

On Fri, Sep 30, 2022 at 6:43 PM Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:
On 30/09/2022 04:34, Anil Belur wrote:
> Hello TSC:
>
> The list of $projects (and last activity on the repo) are inactive for
> the last ~2 release cycles and good candidates for project archival.
>
> - l2switch: Apr, 2021

-1, this is a very useful downstream of OFP. Perhaps we may merge it
with it.

> - unimgr: Sept, 2021

Not sure, this project was in some sort of a handover last time I checked...

Hello All, Thanks for the votes, based on Robert's input can we all agree to archive all the listed projects and exclude unimgr and l2switch for now.
Please  respond with +1,0,-1.

My vote is +1.

Robert, Regarding Unimgr there were unmerged changes (version bump) on the repo by Shanthanu (CC).

Re: [ODL Discuss] [tsc] Proposal to archive inactive projects.

Venkatrangan Govindarajan

L2switch +1 useful for academic use

On Sat, Oct 1, 2022, 12:55 Anil Belur <abelur@...> wrote:

On Fri, Sep 30, 2022 at 6:43 PM Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:
On 30/09/2022 04:34, Anil Belur wrote:
> Hello TSC:
>
> The list of $projects (and last activity on the repo) are inactive for
> the last ~2 release cycles and good candidates for project archival.
>
> - l2switch: Apr, 2021

-1, this is a very useful downstream of OFP. Perhaps we may merge it
with it.

> - unimgr: Sept, 2021

Not sure, this project was in some sort of a handover last time I checked...

Hello All, Thanks for the votes, based on Robert's input can we all agree to archive all the listed projects and exclude unimgr and l2switch for now.
Please  respond with +1,0,-1.

My vote is +1.

Robert, Regarding Unimgr there were unmerged changes (version bump) on the repo by Shanthanu (CC).

Re: [ODL Discuss] [tsc] Proposal to archive inactive projects.

Anil Belur

On Fri, Sep 30, 2022 at 6:43 PM Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:
On 30/09/2022 04:34, Anil Belur wrote:
> Hello TSC:
>
> The list of $projects (and last activity on the repo) are inactive for
> the last ~2 release cycles and good candidates for project archival.
>
> - l2switch: Apr, 2021

-1, this is a very useful downstream of OFP. Perhaps we may merge it
with it.

> - unimgr: Sept, 2021

Not sure, this project was in some sort of a handover last time I checked...

Hello All, Thanks for the votes, based on Robert's input can we all agree to archive all the listed projects and exclude unimgr and l2switch for now.
Please  respond with +1,0,-1.

My vote is +1.

Robert, Regarding Unimgr there were unmerged changes (version bump) on the repo by Shanthanu (CC).

Re: [opendaylight-dev][release] Sangwook Ha as committer for releng/builder

Anil Belur

+1

On Fri, Sep 30, 2022 at 12:33 PM Anil Shashikumar Belur <abelur@...> wrote:
Hello all,

Considering Sangwook Ha contributions [0] to releng/builder project, I'd like to nominate Sangwook as a committer.

Please vote: -1, 0, +1

- Anil

[0] https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/q/project:releng/builder+owner:sangwook.ha%2540verizon.com

Re: [opendaylight-dev][release] Sangwook Ha as committer for releng/builder

Andrew Grimberg

+1

-Andy-

[0] https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/q/project:releng/builder+owner:sangwook.ha%2540verizon.com <https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/q/project:releng/builder+owner:sangwook.ha%2540verizon.com>
--
Andrew J Grimberg
Manager Release Engineering

NOTICE: The Linux Foundation supports their employees with flexible work
hours. If you recieve mail from me outside of standard business hours
please be aware that I do not expect a response until the next standard
business day.

Re: [ODL Discuss] [tsc] Proposal to archive inactive projects.

Robert Varga

On 30/09/2022 04:34, Anil Belur wrote:
Hello TSC:
The list of $projects (and last activity on the repo) are inactive for the last ~2 release cycles and good candidates for project archival.
- l2switch: Apr, 2021
-1, this is a very useful downstream of OFP. Perhaps we may merge it with it.

- dlux: Sept, 2020
+1

- dluxapps: Oct, 2020
+1

- netvirt: June, 2021
+1

- odlguice: Oct, 2020
+1

- odlmicro: Dec, 2020
+1

- odlsaf: Dec, 2020
+1

- odltools: Oct, 2020
+1

- p4plugin: Oct, 2020
+1

- plastic: Oct, 2020
+1

- unimgr: Sept, 2021
Not sure, this project was in some sort of a handover last time I checked...

Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] [opendaylight-dev][release] Sangwook Ha as committer for releng/builder

Ivan Hrasko

+1

Even when you will be a committer please continue in your practise to add us as a reviewers and inform us in slack.

Thank you!

Od: integration-dev@... <integration-dev@...> v mene používateľa Guillaume Lambert via lists.opendaylight.org <guillaume.lambert=orange.com@...>
Odoslané: piatok, 30. septembra 2022 7:31:17
Komu: Anil Belur; 'integration-dev@...' (integration-dev@...) (integration-dev@...); Release; TSC
Kópia: Andrew Grimberg; Luis Gomez
Predmet: Re: [integration-dev] [OpenDaylight TSC] [opendaylight-dev][release] Sangwook Ha as committer for releng/builder

Hello

It really makes sense

+1

Considering Sangwook Ha contributions [0] to releng/builder project, I'd like to nominate Sangwook as a committer.

Please vote: -1, 0, +1

- Anil

[0] https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/q/project:releng/builder+owner:sangwook.ha%2540verizon.com

Orange Restricted

Re: [ODL Discuss] [OpenDaylight TSC] [tsc] Proposal to archive inactive projects.

Guillaume Lambert

Hello

+1 for each line too

Orange Restricted

Od: TSC@... <TSC@...> v mene používateľa Venkatrangan Govindarajan <gvrangan@...>
Odoslané: piatok, 30. septembra 2022 7:27:40
Komu: Daniel de la Rosa
Kópia: Anil Shashikumar Belur; TSC; 'integration-dev@...' (integration-dev@...) (integration-dev@...); OpenDaylight Discuss; Andrew Grimberg; Casey Cain; Luis Gomez; Ha, Sangwook; Santanu De
Predmet: Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] [tsc] Proposal to archive inactive projects.

+1

வெள்., 30 செப்., 2022, முற்பகல் 10:56 அன்று, Daniel de la Rosa <ddelarosa0707@...> எழுதியது:

+1

On Thu, Sep 29, 2022 at 7:35 PM Anil Shashikumar Belur <abelur@...> wrote:

Hello TSC:

The list of $projects (and last activity on the repo) are inactive for the last ~2 release cycles and good candidates for project archival.

- l2switch: Apr, 2021

- dlux: Sept, 2020

- dluxapps: Oct, 2020

- netvirt: June, 2021

- odlguice: Oct, 2020

- odlmicro: Dec, 2020

- odlsaf: Dec, 2020

- odltools: Oct, 2020

- p4plugin: Oct, 2020

- plastic: Oct, 2020

- unimgr: Sept, 2021

Please vote (+1,0,-1) for each of the projects (individually).

Once the voting is complete, I'll initiate the archival process that includes purging any jobs from JJB and marking the Gerrit repo as 'read-only'.

Venkatrangan Govindarajan
( When there is no wind...Row )

Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] [opendaylight-dev][release] Sangwook Ha as committer for releng/builder

Guillaume Lambert

Hello

It really makes sense

+1

Considering Sangwook Ha contributions [0] to releng/builder project, I'd like to nominate Sangwook as a committer.

Please vote: -1, 0, +1

- Anil

[0] https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/q/project:releng/builder+owner:sangwook.ha%2540verizon.com

Orange Restricted

Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] [tsc] Proposal to archive inactive projects.

Ivan Hrasko

- l2switch: +1
- dlux: +1
- dluxapps: +1
- netvirt: +1
- odlguice: +1
- odlmicro: +1
- odlsaf: +1
- odltools: +1
- p4plugin: +1
- plastic: +1
- unimgr: +1

Best,
Ivan

Od: TSC@... <TSC@...> v mene používateľa Venkatrangan Govindarajan <gvrangan@...>
Odoslané: piatok, 30. septembra 2022 7:27:40
Komu: Daniel de la Rosa
[...]

Re: [tsc] Proposal to archive inactive projects.

Daniel de la Rosa

[...]

Luis Gomez

+1

On Sep 29, 2022, at 8:29 PM, Venkatrangan Govindarajan <gvrangan@...> wrote:

+1

On Fri, Sep 30, 2022, 08:03 Anil Belur <abelur@...> wrote:
Hello all,

Considering Sangwook Ha contributions [0] to releng/builder project, I'd like to nominate Sangwook as a committer.

Please vote: -1, 0, +1

- Anil

[0] https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/q/project:releng/builder+owner:sangwook.ha%2540verizon.com

Re: [tsc][release] OpenDaylight - Sulfur SR2 release status

Luis Gomez

OK thanks, I will use the new job going forward.

BTW, here is the Sulfur SR2 distribution:

BR/Luis

On Sep 29, 2022, at 4:54 PM, Anil Shashikumar Belur <abelur@...> wrote:

Hi Luis,

Request to open a ticket on this. I've added a work around for this by creating a separate release management job that will pick up CentOS7 for signing the tag.

On Tue, Sep 27, 2022 at 12:54 AM Luis Gomez <ecelgp@...> wrote:
Hi Anil, something failed in the distribution release job, any idea what is the cause?

I used same parameters as usual.

BR/Luis

On Sep 22, 2022, at 7:52 PM, Anil Shashikumar Belur <abelur@...> wrote:

Hello All,

OpenDaylight Sulfur SR2 version bump is complete and the staging repository has been promoted. The 'stable/sulfur' branch has been unlocked and ready for development.

Pending activities required to be complete for the release:
1. Self-managed projects to release artifacts for Sulfur SR2.
2. Release Distribution once the 1. is complete.
3. Release notes - need to re-run the job once the releng/builder CR is merged.
4. Update ODL downloads page.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to the Sulfur SR2 release.

There were a few issues with the version bump and release notes that have been resolved.

1 - 20 of 14659