Date

Re: OFP docs changes

Dhiraj Sharma <dhiraj.8.sharma@...>

Yes sure, I will push changes asap.

On Jul 14, 2020 10:07 AM, "Luis Gomez" <ecelgp@...> wrote:
Dhiraj, can you please push the change to gerrit and share the link so we can take a look?

On Jul 13, 2020, at 9:14 PM, Dhiraj Sharma <dhiraj.8.sharma@...> wrote:

So are you saying current version of sphinx in ODL Jenkins (3.0.4) is not compatible with the tabs plugin? do you have a jenkins rtd job failing for this reason? if so can you share the link?

BR/Luis

Hello Sir,
 I thought that rtdd jenkins may fail, if I use sphinx tabs as locally tox was emitting error. But the problem was with cached ".tox" which after deletion worked fine but UI is not as expected.

Works just fine with the sphinx-tabs basic example from their site. Here was my quick test with the odl documentation project:

(Although our current bootstrap theme does not appear to render the tabs in a nice way, but it works.)

Dhiraj,

If you already ran docs builds _before_ sphinx-tabs support was merged (tox -e docs) then you need to clear your cache by deleting the .tox directory in the repo. Otherwise it might use the old cached requirements and may not pick up the new tabs support.

Regards,
Thanh

Thank You for the example sir, I worked similarly.The problem was with the stored cached directory of ".tox" which I used to build earlier.
After deleting and then again testing yields the output but the UI is not the same as expected.

Please check below attached screenshots where I tried https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/docs/+/91311/1/docs/documentation.rst#23 too.
The "code-tab" is also not showing the JSON tab in the below screenshot.
So, even if the UI is not that same should I push the changes?

Thank You
Dhiraj Sharma
<Screenshot (462).png><Screenshot (463).png>

[...]

Hello all,

 I just checked at https://stackoverflow.com/questions/56324234/does-anyone-know-how-to-use-sphinx-code-tabs compatibility was added for sphinx 2.0 versions and I am using sphinx 3.0.4 version.

I felt there may be the issue and i opened it on github at https://github.com/djungelorm/sphinx-tabs/issues/70

I will try with lower sphinx versions but are we ready to incorporate that in our documentation project? Will the Jenkins  CI not fail even if I test it in lower versions?

Thank You
Dhiraj Sharma

On Sat, Jul 11, 2020 at 1:13 PM Dhiraj Sharma <dhiraj.8.sharma@...> wrote:
Hello all,
 Sorry, I didn't select reply all earlier.Please check the below quoted strings.
Below this I have provided the issues I am facing now.

> [...]
> Please check the example below:
>
> **Headers:**
>
> -  **Content-type:** ``application/xml``
>
> -  **Accept:** ``application/xml``
>
> -  **Authentication:** ``admin:admin``
>
> **URL:** ``/restconf/operational/network-topology:network-topology/topology/flow:1``
>
> **RFC8040 URL:** ``/rests/data/network-topology:network-topology/topology=flow%3A1?content=nonconfig``
>
> **Method:** GET
>
> Similarly I added the same for JSON which is redundant.
>
> I am planning to do it like shown below:
>
> **Headers:**
>
> -  **Content-type:** ``application/xml``
>
> -  **Accept:** ``application/xml``
>
> -  **Content-type:** ``application/json``
>
> -  **Accept:** ``application/json``
>
> -  **Authentication:** ``admin:admin``
>
> **URL:** ``/restconf/operational/network-topology:network-topology/topology/flow:1``
>
> **RFC8040 URL:** ``/rests/data/network-topology:network-topology/topology=flow%3A1?content=nonconfig``
>
> **Method:** GET
>
> After this I have added 2 tabs as "XML", "JSON"
>

> Thank You
> Dhiraj Sharma
>
> On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 10:53 AM Dhiraj Sharma <dhiraj.8.sharma@...> wrote:
> Alright Sir,
> I will share the updates in this thread.
>
> On Jul 10, 2020 10:51, "Luis Gomez" <ecelgp@...> wrote:
> cc-ing OFP list so they are aware what we are doing here.
>
> Dhiraj, please keep OFP list in cc for any question or discussion related to OFP documentation.
>
> BR/Luis
>
>> On Jul 8, 2020, at 1:02 PM, Luis Gomez <ecelgp@...> wrote:
>>
>> See below:
>>
>>> On Jul 7, 2020, at 11:09 AM, Dhiraj Sharma <dhiraj.8.sharma@...> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello Sir,
>>>
>>> Also, Can you tell me that Older Helium wiki, Full Release Sections which have repeated sentences needs to be updated?
>>> Older Helium is at https://wiki-archive.opendaylight.org/view/OpenDaylight_OpenFlow_Plugin:Main
>>> Releases are at https://wiki-archive.opendaylight.org/view/OpenDaylight_OpenFlow_Plugin:Releases
>>
>> I think most of Older Helium documentation is obsolete, asa whatever was relevant was moved to docs so you can skip this section entirely.
>>
>> For the release section, we currently have 2 relevant docs per release:
>>
>> - release plan in TSC Jira
>> - release notes in docs project
>>
>> So maybe you can just add links for these.
>>
>> Also in general for getting started, user guides, dev guides, we want people to get the latest so you can use latest vs stable-magnesium in your links:
>>
>> https://docs.opendaylight.org/projects/openflowplugin/en/stable-magnesium/index.html -> https://docs.opendaylight.org/projects/openflowplugin/en/latest/index.html
>>

>>> Please have a look at https://wiki.opendaylight.org/display/ODL/OpenFlow+Plugin updated wiki, the getting started and product backlog will be updated in one go as I have saved them in draft.
>>> Rest all doubts have been carefully addressed correctly.

Moreover today , I even tried this below to check whether I was wrong in providing spaces in tabs like below.
..tabs::
   ..code-tab:: XML
        table

    ..code-tab:: JSON
        table2

Originally, I know it should be like
..tabs::

   ..code-tab:: XML

        table

    ..code-tab:: JSON

        table2

The error still persists so I have added the required recipients to tweak it.
Below I have attached the screenshots.

Screenshot (459): I used the right way to add tabs in the documentation.
 Screenshot (460) : Tried version to get it working by removing spaces in between the tabs and code-tabs.
Screenshot (461)   : Contains the tried version output of index.html built locally.Which didn't work as expected.

I had installed the latest pypi package which has sphin_tabs.tabs extension etc.I guess the lfdocs-conf need some changes where I am looking for a workaround.

Thank You
Dhiraj Sharma

On Fri, Jul 10, 2020 at 10:51 AM Luis Gomez <ecelgp@...> wrote:
> [...]

Also, Can you tell me that Older Helium wiki, Full Release Sections which have repeated sentences needs to be updated?

I think most of Older Helium documentation is obsolete, asa whatever was relevant was moved to docs so you can skip this section entirely.

For the release section, we currently have 2 relevant docs per release:

- release plan in TSC Jira
- release notes in docs project

So maybe you can just add links for these.

Also in general for getting started, user guides, dev guides, we want people to get the latest so you can use latest vs stable-magnesium in your links:

Please have a look at https://wiki.opendaylight.org/display/ODL/OpenFlow+Plugin updated wiki, the getting started and product backlog will be updated in one go as I have saved them in draft.
Rest all doubts have been carefully addressed correctly.

Re: [release] releng tox docs-linkcheck job broken

guillaume.lambert@...

Thanks a lot Thanh for the explanation and also the quick fix. It looks quite reasonable to remove this "-W" option.

BR
Guillaume