De : integration-dev@... [mailto:integration-dev@...] De la part de Daniel de la Rosa
Envoyé : mardi 9 novembre 2021 15:53
À : Anil Belur <abelur@...>; LAMBERT Guillaume INNOV/NET <guillaume.lambert@...>; VACHHANI, SHWETA (sv111y@...) <sv111y@...>
Cc : 'integration-dev@...' (integration-dev@...) (integration-dev@...) <integration-dev@...>; Andrew Grimberg <agrimberg@...>; Casey Cain <ccain@...>; OpenDaylight Discuss <discuss@...>; Release <release@...>; navid.ghazisaidi@...
Objet : Re: [integration-dev] [opendaylight-dev][release] OpenDaylight - Silicon SR3 release status

Thank you for the update. Guillaume and/or Shweta, please proceed at your earliest convenience

On Sun, Nov 7, 2021 at 4:09 PM Anil Belur <abelur@...> wrote:

Hello All,

OpenDaylight Silicon SR3 version bump is complete and the staging repository is being promoted. The 'stable/silicon' branch is unlocked.

Pending activities required to be complete for the release:
1. Self-managed projects to release artifacts for Silicon SR3.
2. Release Distribution once step 1. is complete.
3. Release notes merge CR. https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/docs/+/98347
4. Update ODL downloads page [1.].

Thanks to everyone who contributed to the Silicon SR3 release.

[0.] https://docs.opendaylight.org/en/latest/downloads.html
[1.] https://wiki.opendaylight.org/display/ODL/Silicon+SR3+Release+Approval

ODL Release Manager

Re: [opendaylight-dev][release] OpenDaylight - Silicon SR3 release status

Daniel de la Rosa

[...]

Anil Belur

Hello All,

OpenDaylight Silicon SR3 version bump is complete and the staging repository is being promoted. The 'stable/silicon' branch is unlocked.

Pending activities required to be complete for the release:
1. Self-managed projects to release artifacts for Silicon SR3.
2. Release Distribution once step 1. is complete.
3. Release notes merge CR. https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/docs/+/98347
4. Update ODL downloads page [1.].

Thanks to everyone who contributed to the Silicon SR3 release.

[0.] https://docs.opendaylight.org/en/latest/downloads.html
[1.] https://wiki.opendaylight.org/display/ODL/Silicon+SR3+Release+Approval

Re: [release] [integration-dev] [it-infrastructure-alerts][notice] ODL maintenance window (12:00p Wed, Nov 3 to 8:30p Wed, Nov 3 UTC)

Anil Belur

On Wed, Nov 3, 2021 at 8:42 PM Anil Belur via lists.opendaylight.org <abelur=linuxfoundation.org@...> wrote:
ODL Maintenance window is starting soon, Jenkins (releng and sandbox) has been put in restart mode. Will notify here once everything is complete.

On Wed, Oct 27, 2021 at 5:40 PM Anil Belur <abelur@...> wrote:
What: LF will perform migration and system updates on all ODL systems.

When: 12:00p Wed, Nov 3 to 8:30pm Wed, Nov 3 UTC (10:00pm Wed, Nov 3 to 6:30am Thu, Nov 4 AEST)

Why: ODL Services (Jenkins, Nexus, Sigul, Ingress) would be migrated across data centers. LF will install system updates on all ODL nodes and services.

Impact: Users may be unable to access any services (Jira, Gerrit, Wiki, Jenkins, Sonar, Nexus, Sigul) during this time.

Jenkins will be put in shutdown mode before the window starts and any long-running Jenkins jobs _will_ be canceled if they don't complete before the start of the window. Notices will be posted to the mailing lists and on the LFN #opendaylight slack channel at the start and end of the maintenance.

https://www.worldtimebuddy.com/?qm=1&lid=100,6077243,2174003&h=100&date=2021-11-3&sln=12-20.5&hf=1

Greetings all,

There was a minor delay with the DC migrations, while the maintenance window exceeded longer than expected.
Now all ODL services should be back online. Thank you for your patience.

Re: [release] [integration-dev] [it-infrastructure-alerts][notice] ODL maintenance window (12:00p Wed, Nov 3 to 8:30p Wed, Nov 3 UTC)

Casey Cain

I just got a ping from Andy on Slack.

We're working with Vexxhost to get the systems online ASAP. After some discussions we're going to be bringing them up and some of this migration is going to be done another way. Otherwise we're talking over 20 hours of downtime after what we've been seeing with the migration

The primary portion of the migration has been completed, what's taking so long is data partition migrations, but we've got an alternative to the offline migration because of how we manage our systems (thankfully).  We'll see some degraded performance, but not significant.

I'll let you know if I hear anything else.

Best,
Casey Cain
Senior Technical Community Architect
Linux Foundation
_________________
WeChat: okaru6
WhatsApp: +1.503.779.4519

Sent via Superhuman

On Wed, Nov 03, 2021 at 1:49 PM, Daniel de la Rosa <ddelarosa0707@...> wrote:
Robert, Casey just told me in slack that nexus and jenkins taking longer to migrate... no ETA according to @Andrew Grimberg and @Anil Belur

On Wed, Nov 3, 2021 at 1:34 PM Robert Varga <nite@hq.sk> wrote:

On 03/11/2021 20:48, Daniel de la Rosa wrote:
> Hi Anil and all
>
> it looks like all services are still down.. any ETA?

Hmm, just got a message about maintenance being complete,
wiki/gerrit/jira work, but jenkins is reporting a 502.

On Wed, Nov 3, 2021 at 1:34 PM Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:

On 03/11/2021 20:48, Daniel de la Rosa wrote:
> Hi Anil and all
>
> it looks like all services are still down.. any ETA?

Hmm, just got a message about maintenance being complete,
wiki/gerrit/jira work, but jenkins is reporting a 502.

Re: [release] [integration-dev] [it-infrastructure-alerts][notice] ODL maintenance window (12:00p Wed, Nov 3 to 8:30p Wed, Nov 3 UTC)

Robert Varga

On 03/11/2021 20:48, Daniel de la Rosa wrote:
Hi Anil and all
it looks like all services are still down.. any ETA?
Hmm, just got a message about maintenance being complete, wiki/gerrit/jira work, but jenkins is reporting a 502.

Re: [release] [integration-dev] [it-infrastructure-alerts][notice] ODL maintenance window (12:00p Wed, Nov 3 to 8:30p Wed, Nov 3 UTC)

Daniel de la Rosa

Hi Anil and all

it looks like all services are still down.. any ETA?

Thanks

On Wed, Nov 3, 2021 at 3:42 AM Anil Belur <abelur@...> wrote:
[...]

Re: [it-infrastructure-alerts][notice] ODL maintenance window (12:00p Wed, Nov 3 to 8:30p Wed, Nov 3 UTC)

Anil Belur

[...]

Jenkins Robot test job failure

Ha, Sangwook <sangwook.ha@...>

Luis,

Currently Jenkins robot test jobs are failing, even when all the Robot tests pass, because of an error in the post build script step where it's trying to create a file "$HOME/.netrc" from "odl-elastic-cloud", which has been removed from the Jenkins environment according to Anil.

For example, the following log is from openflowplugin-csit-verify-1node-sanity #401

https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/job/openflowplugin-csit-verify-1node-sanity/401/consoleText

[PostBuildScript] - [INFO] Executing post build scripts.
provisioning config files...
not able to provide the file [ManagedFile: id=odl-elastic-cloud, targetLocation=${HOME}/.netrc, variable=], can't be resolved by any provider - maybe it got deleted by an administrator?
[PostBuildScript] - [ERROR] An error occured during post-build processing.
org.jenkinsci.plugins.postbuildscript.PostBuildScriptException: hudson.AbortException: not able to provide the file [ManagedFile: id=odl-elastic-cloud, targetLocation=${HOME}/.netrc, variable=], can't be resolved by any provider - maybe it got deleted by an administrator?
at org.jenkinsci.plugins.postbuildscript.processor.Processor.processBuildSteps(Processor.java:190)
at org.jenkinsci.plugins.postbuildscript.processor.Processor.processScripts(Processor.java:91)
at org.jenkinsci.plugins.postbuildscript.processor.Processor.process(Processor.java:79)
at org.jenkinsci.plugins.postbuildscript.processor.Processor.process(Processor.java:73)
at org.jenkinsci.plugins.postbuildscript.PostBuildScript.perform(PostBuildScript.java:116)
at hudson.tasks.BuildStepMonitor$1.perform(BuildStepMonitor.java:20)
at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractBuildExecution.perform(AbstractBuild.java:803)
at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractBuildExecution.performAllBuildSteps(AbstractBuild.java:752)
at hudson.model.Build$BuildExecution.post2(Build.java:177)
at hudson.model.AbstractBuild$AbstractBuildExecution.post(AbstractBuild.java:697)
at hudson.model.Run.execute(Run.java:1932)
at hudson.model.FreeStyleBuild.run(FreeStyleBuild.java:43)
at hudson.model.ResourceController.execute(ResourceController.java:97)
at hudson.model.Executor.run(Executor.java:429)
Caused by: hudson.AbortException: not able to provide the file [ManagedFile: id=odl-elastic-cloud, targetLocation=${HOME}/.netrc, variable=], can't be resolved by any provider - maybe it got deleted by an administrator?
at org.jenkinsci.lib.configprovider.model.ConfigFileManager.provisionConfigFile(ConfigFileManager.java:72)
at org.jenkinsci.plugins.configfiles.buildwrapper.ManagedFileUtil.provisionConfigFiles(ManagedFileUtil.java:82)
at org.jenkinsci.plugins.configfiles.builder.ConfigFileBuildStep.perform(ConfigFileBuildStep.java:52)
at org.jenkinsci.plugins.postbuildscript.processor.Processor.processBuildSteps(Processor.java:180)
... 13 more
Build step 'Execute scripts' changed build result to UNSTABLE
Build step 'Execute scripts' marked build as failure
[PostBuildScript] - [INFO] Executing post build scripts.
---

Do you know whether we still need the file for post-build processing?

Thanks,
Sangwook

Re: Jenkins Robot test job failure

Luis Gomez

BTW this patch is also needed to avoid unstable builds:

BR/Luis

On Oct 20, 2021, at 3:54 PM, Luis Gomez via lists.opendaylight.org <ecelgp=gmail.com@...> wrote:

Thanks Sangwook for bringing this. I think the .netrc file was added in the past to perform REST updates to the test dashboards but that is needed anymore so I think this should work:

BR/Luis

On Oct 20, 2021, at 12:55 PM, Ha, Sangwook <sangwook.ha@...> wrote:

[...]

Re: [opendaylight-dev] Unable to Extract Target IP from ARP in Sodium

Luis Gomez

Ah, you are trying to import an auto-generated class, I think you have to use this:

import org.opendaylight.yang.gen.v1.urn.opendaylight.model.match.types.rev131026.ArpMatchFields

BR/Luis

On Oct 12, 2021, at 3:00 PM, sudhanshu naithani <sudhanshunaithani30@...> wrote:

Thanks for your reply Luis.

Regards-
Sudhanshu Naithani

On Tue, 12 Oct 2021, 10:51 pm Luis Gomez, <ecelgp@...> wrote:
Just curious, which branch or tag are you using to build code?

On Oct 12, 2021, at 6:42 AM, sudhanshu naithani <sudhanshunaithani30@...> wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I am working with ODL Sodium. In one of my experiments I want to extract a target IP address from an ARP packet. For that API is getArpTargetTransportAddress() [can be found at https://javadocs.opendaylight.org/openflowplugin/sodium/org/opendaylight/yang/gen/v1/urn/opendaylight/model/match/types/rev131026/ArpMatchFields.html ]

Problem is during compilation it is showing following:-

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.8.1:compile (default-compile) on project main-impl: Compilation failure: Compilation failure:
[ERROR] /home/sudhanshu/eclipse-workspace/odl-l2switch-maven/l2switch-main/src/main/java/org/opendaylight/l2switch/flow/ReactiveFlowWriter.java:[32,91] package org.opendaylight.yang.gen.v1.urn.opendaylight.model.match.types.rev131026.arp.match does not exist

Although I have imported this [import org.opendaylight.yang.gen.v1.urn.opendaylight.model.match.types.rev131026.arp.match.fields;].

Could anyone please let me know what am I missing and how can I make it work?

Thank you.

Warm Regards-
Sudhanshu Naithani

Re: [releng][TSC] Decommision Nexus Log sever from Oct 1st, 2021.

Anil Belur

That's because the message injector plugin configuration required a config update to point to AWS S3 log. I've managed to update the configuration for ODL Jenkins releng and now
Log links being updated Gerrit comments seem correct.

Cheers.

On Sat, Oct 9, 2021 at 7:46 PM Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:
On 21/09/2021 05:04, Anil Belur wrote:
> Hello all,

Hello Anil,

> Presently, all of our CI job logs are shipped and stored on AWS S3
> bucket [1.] and on Nexus2 Log server [2.]. We have been shipping/storing
> logs on the AWS S3 bucket, since this was enabled last year (Nov, 2020).
> Going forward the Nexus2 log server will be decommissioned and the
> Nexus2 server will exclusively host OpendayLight artifacts.
>
> Starting from October 1st, 2021 the Nexus logs server will be
> decommissioned, and ${LOG_SERVER} configuration on Jenkins will be
> re-configured to ship/store logs/files only on AWS S3 buckets, and any
> existing logs on the Nexus2 log server will be purged and the storage
> will be freed.
>
> [1.] https://s3-logs.opendaylight.org/logs/index.html
> <https://s3-logs.opendaylight.org/logs/index.html>
> [2.] https://logs.opendaylight.org/releng/
> <https://logs.opendaylight.org/releng/>

This looks nice and works in Jenkins, but unfortunately in Gerrit we
still get references to logs (in
https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/controller/+/97722):

> Build Successful
>
> https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/job/controller-maven-verify-master-mvn35-openjdk11/1210/ : SUCCESS
>
> Logs: https://logs.opendaylight.org/releng/vex-yul-odl-jenkins-1/controller-maven-verify-master-mvn35-openjdk11/1210

I am not sure where these are coming from, though.

[1.] https://s3-logs.opendaylight.org/logs/index.html <https://s3-logs.opendaylight.org/logs/index.html>
[2.] https://logs.opendaylight.org/releng/ <https://logs.opendaylight.org/releng/>
This looks nice and works in Jenkins, but unfortunately in Gerrit we still get references to logs (in https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/controller/+/97722):

Build Successful https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/job/controller-maven-verify-master-mvn35-openjdk11/1210/ : SUCCESS
Logs: https://logs.opendaylight.org/releng/vex-yul-odl-jenkins-1/controller-maven-verify-master-mvn35-openjdk11/1210

I am not sure where these are coming from, though.

Re: [tsc][infrastructure] Backend network issues

Anil Belur

The cloud provider has resolved the issue for now, I'll continue monitoring the services for some time.
If you notice job failures because of timeouts, please retrigger the jobs or run 'recheck' || 'remerge' on the CR.

On Wed, Oct 6, 2021 at 8:16 PM Anil Belur <abelur@...> wrote:
Hello all,

We presently have backend network issues and are working with the Cloud provider to get this resolved. Jenkins jobs logs  would network timeout errors while resolving dependencies. Will update here once the issue is resolved.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

[tsc][infrastructure] Backend network issues

Anil Belur

Hello all,

We presently have backend network issues and are working with the Cloud provider to get this resolved. Jenkins jobs logs  would network timeout errors while resolving dependencies. Will update here once the issue is resolved.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

[tsc][release][integration-dev] Branch stable/aluminium - locked/EOL

Anil Belur

Hello all,

Since OpenDaylight Phosphorus is released, the stable/aluminium branch will be locked on Gerrit
and no longer available for development. All Jenkins CI jobs for the 'stable/aluminium' on releng/builder will be purged once [1.] is merged.

Please review:

Re: [tsc][releng][integration] Jenkins pipelines with Blue Ocean

Andrew Grimberg

On 10/1/21 02:47, Robert Varga wrote:

Now pardon my ignorance, but what is the relationship between JJB YAMLs and Jenkinsfile? What I am looking for is some hint as to how I would go about converting them.
So, pipelines live in a .jenkinsfile that resides at the root level of a repository. We will still need JJB to stub in the reading of that file which then defines _all_ the pipelines for a given project.

That being said, all verify/merge/release operations all end up going through the same pipeline with the LF pipeline library that we've been developing. So, yes, all your projects that migrate to pipelines will effectively go down to just one or a few named pipelines.

On the left hand side of the Jenkins Sandbox landing page you should now be able see "Blue Ocean" link.

Note: Blue Ocean does not support tabs and all jobs would be listed on a single giant page.
I think this will be fine -- we expect to have far fewer jobs than we currently have.
The saving grace here is that Blue Ocean doesn't load all known jobs right away. It's got infinite scroll and will do so as you scroll down, or you can use the search feature to find jobs that match the search. It _does_ work with the freestyle jobs, but not as well as a native pipeline.

-Andy-

--
Andrew J Grimberg
Manager Release Engineering