Date   

Re: integration meeting minutes (5/27/2020)

Srinivas <srinivas.rachakonda@...>
 

Hi Anil,

 

Attached is the excel sheet for netvirt jobs.

 

Tempest jobs are not added in this sheet.

 

Thanks,

Srinivas

+91-9243478719

 

From: Jamo Luhrsen <jluhrsen@...>
Sent: 04 June 2020 08:43
To: Anil Belur <abelur@...>; srinivas.rachakonda@...; srinivas.rachakonda@...
Cc: integration-dev@...
Subject: Re: [integration-dev] integration meeting minutes (5/27/2020)

 

On 6/3/20 7:21 PM, Anil Belur wrote:

Hi Srinivas, 

 

As discussed on the integration call, please share the excel sheet which describes the list of job names that need to be modified as per the table shared on the meeting minutes.

Anil, the list is there in the meeting minutes:

https://wiki.opendaylight.org/display/ODL/2020-05-27+Integration+Meeting+Minutes

just to remind you, the names of netvirt jobs will always have the ODL version
and OpenStack version, and that is all the mapping is taking in to account.
For example, Aluminium+Stein runs daily, but Magneisum+Queens runs weekly.

Thanks,
JamO

 

Thanks,

Anil

 


integration meeting minutes (6/3/2020)

JamO Luhrsen
 


Re: integration meeting minutes (5/27/2020)

JamO Luhrsen
 

On 6/3/20 7:21 PM, Anil Belur wrote:
Hi Srinivas, 

As discussed on the integration call, please share the excel sheet which describes the list of job names that need to be modified as per the table shared on the meeting minutes.

Anil, the list is there in the meeting minutes:

https://wiki.opendaylight.org/display/ODL/2020-05-27+Integration+Meeting+Minutes

just to remind you, the names of netvirt jobs will always have the ODL version
and OpenStack version, and that is all the mapping is taking in to account.
For example, Aluminium+Stein runs daily, but Magneisum+Queens runs weekly.

Thanks,
JamO


Thanks,
Anil


Re: integration meeting minutes (5/27/2020)

Anil Belur
 

Hi Srinivas, 

As discussed on the integration call, please share the excel sheet which describes the list of job names that need to be modified as per the table shared on the meeting minutes.

Thanks,
Anil


Re: Gerrit verification is failing due to python dependency issues.

Srinivas <srinivas.rachakonda@...>
 

Thanks a lot Thanh.

 

Thanks,

Srinivas

+91-9243478719

 

From: Thanh Ha <zxiiro@...>
Sent: 02 June 2020 03:04
To: Srinivas Rachakonda <srinivas.rachakonda@...>
Cc: Anil Belur <abelur@...>; JamO Luhrsen <jluhrsen@...>; odl netvirt dev <netvirt-dev@...>; P S Ravikanth <ravikanth.ps@...>; karthikeyan.k@...; integration-dev@...
Subject: Re: [integration-dev] Gerrit verification is failing due to python dependency issues.

 

Hi Srinivas,

 

Your patch was 45 commits away from master. I rebased the patch to make it catch up with master and the verify job is passing now.

 

It is good practice to always do a "git fetch" and "git rebase origin/master" before pushing commits Gerrit to ensure your work is based on the latest and greatest. Often simply rebasing your patch to ensure it's on the latest and greatest will help solve some build issues too.

 

Hope this helps,

Thanh

 

On Mon, Jun 1, 2020 at 1:38 PM JamO Luhrsen <jluhrsen@...> wrote:

Anil,

Could you help us here please?

Srinivas, I can try to take a closer look to help fix later in the week if Anil
doesn't know the solution by then.

Thanks,
JamO

On 6/1/20 8:43 AM, srinivas.rachakonda@... wrote:

Hi Jamo,

 

https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/integration/test/+/86802

 

Gerrit verification is failing with python packages dependency issues:

 

Could you please help me on the above gerrit code.

 

Thanks,

Srinivas

+91-9243478719

 


Re: Gerrit verification is failing due to python dependency issues.

Thanh ha <zxiiro@...>
 

Hi Srinivas,

Your patch was 45 commits away from master. I rebased the patch to make it catch up with master and the verify job is passing now.

It is good practice to always do a "git fetch" and "git rebase origin/master" before pushing commits Gerrit to ensure your work is based on the latest and greatest. Often simply rebasing your patch to ensure it's on the latest and greatest will help solve some build issues too.

Hope this helps,
Thanh


On Mon, Jun 1, 2020 at 1:38 PM JamO Luhrsen <jluhrsen@...> wrote:

Anil,

Could you help us here please?

Srinivas, I can try to take a closer look to help fix later in the week if Anil
doesn't know the solution by then.

Thanks,
JamO

On 6/1/20 8:43 AM, srinivas.rachakonda@... wrote:

Hi Jamo,

 

https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/integration/test/+/86802

 

Gerrit verification is failing with python packages dependency issues:

 

Could you please help me on the above gerrit code.

 

Thanks,

Srinivas

+91-9243478719

 



Re: Gerrit verification is failing due to python dependency issues.

JamO Luhrsen
 

Anil,

Could you help us here please?

Srinivas, I can try to take a closer look to help fix later in the week if Anil
doesn't know the solution by then.

Thanks,
JamO

On 6/1/20 8:43 AM, srinivas.rachakonda@... wrote:

Hi Jamo,

 

https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/integration/test/+/86802

 

Gerrit verification is failing with python packages dependency issues:

 

Could you please help me on the above gerrit code.

 

Thanks,

Srinivas

+91-9243478719

 


Re: [releng] [OpenDaylight Infrastructure] Centos 8 support?

Anil Belur
 

Greetings Robert:

The CentOS 8 base image already available in releng/common-packer repository.


I have submitted CR (once merged) to create the latest CentOS 8 builder images for ODL. 
Then these new images can be updated onto the Jenkins prod/sandbox config through the cloud-config files in the releng/builder.


Thanks,
Anil


On Sat, May 30, 2020 at 9:47 AM Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:
Hello everyone,

CentOS 8 cloud images have been available for quite some time
(https://cloud.centos.org/centos/8/x86_64/images/).

What is the plan for adopting these?
Whom should I bug?

Thanks,
Robert



[release][OpenDaylight TSC] OpenDaylight Sodium SR3 status

Anil Belur
 

Hello All,

OpenDaylight Sodium SR3 version bump is complete while the staging repository is still being promoted. The 'stable/sodium' branch is unlocked again.

Pending activities that need to be completed for the release:

1. Release self-managed projects of Sodium SR3.
2. Release Distribution.
3. Release notes update. 
4. Update ODL downloads page.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to the release.

Regards,
Anil Belur


integration meeting minutes (5/27/2020)

JamO Luhrsen
 


Re: Clean committer list

Thanh ha <zxiiro@...>
 

On Wed, May 27, 2020 at 11:48 AM Vratko Polak -X (vrpolak - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES at Cisco) via lists.opendaylight.org <vrpolak=cisco.com@...> wrote:

Not interested, +1 to removing me.

Basically, nothing has changed since my last e-mail [0].

 

Vratko.

 

[0] https://lists.opendaylight.org/g/integration-dev/message/13143


Hi Vratko,

Looks like this was missed. Apologies for that. I've opened a ticket with the LF to ensure your committer rights are removed this time.


Regards,
Thanh


Re: Clean committer list

Vratko Polak -X (vrpolak - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES at Cisco)
 

Not interested, +1 to removing me.

Basically, nothing has changed since my last e-mail [0].

 

Vratko.

 

[0] https://lists.opendaylight.org/g/integration-dev/message/13143

 

From: integration-dev@... <integration-dev@...> On Behalf Of Luis Gomez
Sent: Sunday, 2020-May-24 21:40
To: An Ho <An.Ho@...>; Sam Hague <shague86@...>; Stephen Kitt <skitt@...>
Cc: integration-dev@...
Subject: [integration-dev] Clean committer list

 

Hello,

If I am not mistaken, you are still int/dist committers in the ODL project. As int/dist PTL I am in the obligation of cleaning the committer list. Since I have not seen contributions from any of you for a while, I would like to ask: are you still interested in continuing as committer for this release (Aluminium). No answer means you are not interested so I will proceed with cleaning your name from the list.

BR/Luis


Re: integration meeting agenda topics for tomorrow (5/27/2020)?

Srinivas <srinivas.rachakonda@...>
 

Hi Jamo,

 

I would like to discuss on Netvirt CSIT scripts that need to be run on daily/weekly runs as part of resource optimization.

 

Below is the proposal after discussion with the team:

 

ODL

Openstack

Weekly/Daily

Aluminium

Stein

Daily

Aluminium

Queens

Daily

Aluminium

Rocky

Daily

Magnesium

Stein

Weekly

Magnesium

Rocky

Daily

Magnesium

Queens

Weekly

Sodium

Rocky

Weekly

Sodium

Queens

Weekly

 

Stein jobs as of now are failing due to below issues:

  1. VMs are not getting IP address.
  2. Ml2 conf is not getting configured with Physnet1 = VLAN.
    1. I am working on this https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/releng/builder/+/88766

 

Thanks,

Srinivas

+91-9243478719

 

-----Original Message-----
From: integration-dev@... <integration-dev@...> On Behalf Of JamO Luhrsen
Sent: 27 May 2020 00:01
To: integration-dev@...
Subject: [integration-dev] integration meeting agenda topics for tomorrow (5/27/2020)?

 

Do we have any topics to hold an integration meeting tomorrow 9pm PST?

 

Thanks,

JamO


Re: Quagga needs to be updated with latest packages.

Anil Belur
 



On Thu, May 21, 2020 at 9:15 PM <srinivas.rachakonda@...> wrote:

Thanks Anil.

 


The CentOS7 packages are built successfully, you can find the packages in the logs.


We still have issues that need to be addressed for building the quagga binaries on Ubuntu 16.04 and 18.04:

1. With Ubuntu 16.04 we are seeing errors with the following. Installing Python 3.6 on Ubuntu 16.04 is non-trivial, while the version of heatclient being installed requires python 3.5.2. Since we are close to EOL for Ubuntu 16.04 would it be possible to move to Ubuntu 18.04 for getting these dependencies built? 

22:59:55 ---> python-tools-install.sh
22:59:55 Generating Requirements File
22:59:55 WARNING: Python projects should move to Ubuntu 18.04 to continue receiving support
23:00:01 /home/jenkins/.local/lib/python3.5/site-packages/pip/_vendor/requests/__init__.py:83: RequestsDependencyWarning: Old version of cryptography ([1, 2, 3]) may cause slowdown.
23:00:01   warnings.warn(warning, RequestsDependencyWarning)
23:00:03 /home/jenkins/.local/lib/python3.5/site-packages/pip/_vendor/requests/__init__.py:83: RequestsDependencyWarning: Old version of cryptography ([1, 2, 3]) may cause slowdown.
23:00:03   warnings.warn(warning, RequestsDependencyWarning)
23:00:03 ERROR: Package 'python-heatclient' requires a different Python: 3.5.2 not in '>=3.6'


While building Quagga binaries on Ubuntu 18.04, I still see the following error looks like its an easy fix, that needs to be addressed in Quagga build script in downstream zrpcd repo.
 
03:29:28 ++ chmod a+x /tmp/packager/zrpc/deb/bin/DEBIAN/prerm
03:29:28 ++ printf '#!/bin/sh\n'
03:29:28 ++ printf 'set -e\n'
03:29:28 ++ printf 'if [ "$1" = "remove" ]; then\n'
03:29:28 ++ printf '  :\n'
03:29:28 ++ printf 'fi\n'
03:29:28 ++ chmod a+x /tmp/packager/zrpc/deb/bin/DEBIAN/postrm
03:29:28 +++ dirname ./packaging.sh
03:29:28 ++ PKG_DIR=.
03:29:28 ++ fakeroot dpkg-deb -b /tmp/packager/zrpc/deb/bin .
03:29:28 dpkg-deb: warning: parsing file '/tmp/packager/zrpc/deb/bin/DEBIAN/control' near line 7 package 'zrpc':
03:29:28  missing architecture 
03:29:28 dpkg-deb: error: package architecture is missing or empty


Thanks,
Anil


integration meeting agenda topics for tomorrow (5/27/2020)?

JamO Luhrsen
 

Do we have any topics to hold an integration meeting tomorrow 9pm PST?

Thanks,
JamO


Re: Clean committer list

Luis Gomez
 

Thanks Stephen for your quick answer. I hope everything is good at your end :)

BR/Luis

On May 25, 2020, at 2:06 AM, Stephen Kitt <skitt@...> wrote:

Hi Luis,

On Sun, May 24, 2020 at 12:39:44PM -0700, Luis Gomez wrote:
If I am not mistaken, you are still int/dist committers in the ODL
project. As int/dist PTL I am in the obligation of cleaning the
committer list. Since I have not seen contributions from any of you
for a while, I would like to ask: are you still interested in
continuing as committer for this release (Aluminium). No answer
means you are not interested so I will proceed with cleaning your
name from the list.
It doesn’t make sense to keep me on the committer list, please remove
my name from the list.

Regards,

--
Stephen Kitt
Principal Software Engineer, OpenShift Multi Cluster Networking
Red Hat


Re: Clean committer list

Stephen Kitt <skitt@...>
 

Hi Luis,

On Sun, May 24, 2020 at 12:39:44PM -0700, Luis Gomez wrote:
If I am not mistaken, you are still int/dist committers in the ODL
project. As int/dist PTL I am in the obligation of cleaning the
committer list. Since I have not seen contributions from any of you
for a while, I would like to ask: are you still interested in
continuing as committer for this release (Aluminium). No answer
means you are not interested so I will proceed with cleaning your
name from the list.
It doesn’t make sense to keep me on the committer list, please remove
my name from the list.

Regards,

--
Stephen Kitt
Principal Software Engineer, OpenShift Multi Cluster Networking
Red Hat


Clean committer list

Luis Gomez
 

Hello,

If I am not mistaken, you are still int/dist committers in the ODL project. As int/dist PTL I am in the obligation of cleaning the committer list. Since I have not seen contributions from any of you for a while, I would like to ask: are you still interested in continuing as committer for this release (Aluminium). No answer means you are not interested so I will proceed with cleaning your name from the list.

BR/Luis


removing ofp reconciliation csit from dist-test job

JamO Luhrsen
 

Hi,

Just like we did with the unstable, always ignored, bgpcep csit jobs,
here is a patch to remove openflowplugin bundle-based-reconciliation
job from our distribution-test job. This will remove the noise and save
a cycle during the release process.

https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/releng/builder/+/89913

If the test ever becomes stable we can add it back.

Thanks,
JamO


Re: Need help on odltools running in CSIT.

Sam Hague <shague@...>
 

Srinivas,

what is your pypi username?

Should you be added as an owner? Or is there anyone else?

Thanks, Sam


On Thu, May 21, 2020 at 11:14 AM Faseela K <k.faseela@...> wrote:
Sam, 

Could you please check if you have to give permissions to Srinivas to do the same?

On Thu, May 21, 2020, 8:33 PM <srinivas.rachakonda@...> wrote:

Thanks Faseela.

 

I followed the steps and at step #3 its asks to configure the below file.

 

 .pypirc

 

I filled in API credentials for pypi – Username and password (API Token) https://pypi.org/manage/account/#modal-close

 

But I am getting the below error while running :

 

python setup.py sdist bdist_wheel upload

 

Submitting dist/odltools-0.1.34.dev7.tar.gz to https://upload.pypi.org/legacy/

Upload failed (403): Invalid or non-existent authentication information. See https://pypi.org/help/#invalid-auth for details

error: Upload failed (403): Invalid or non-existent authentication information. See https://pypi.org/help/#invalid-auth for details

(pypi) jenkins@control:~/projects/odltools]>

 

Please let me know if I am missing anything here.

 

Thanks,

Srinivas

+91-9243478719

 

From: Faseela K <k.faseela@...>
Sent: 21 May 2020 18:05
To: srinivas.rachakonda@...
Cc: Anil Belur <abelur@...>; Faseela K <faseela.k@...>; integration-dev@...; Jamo Luhrsen <jluhrsen@...>; Thanh Ha <zxiiro@...>; Karthikeyan Krishnan <karthikeyan.k@...>; P S Ravikanth <ravikanth.ps@...>
Subject: Re: [integration-dev] Need help on odltools running in CSIT.

 

 

On Thu, 21 May 2020 at 17:32, Srinivas via lists.opendaylight.org <srinivas.rachakonda=altencalsoftlabs.com@...> wrote:

Hi Anil,

 

I want to run the hwvtep jobs.

 

https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/job/netvirt-csit-hwvtep-3node-0cmb-1ctl-2cmp-openstack-queens-upstream-stateful-aluminium/

 

These have been failing with python setuptools dependencies.

 

Thanks,

Srinivas

+91-9243478719

 

From: Anil Belur <abelur@...>
Sent: 21 May 2020 17:21
To: srinivas.rachakonda@...
Cc: Faseela K <faseela.k@...>; integration-dev@...; Jamo Luhrsen <jluhrsen@...>; Thanh Ha <zxiiro@...>; Karthikeyan Krishnan <karthikeyan.k@...>; P S Ravikanth <ravikanth.ps@...>
Subject: Re: [integration-dev] Need help on odltools running in CSIT.

 

Hi Srinivas, 

 

Can you point us as to which CSIT job you would like to run this code? 

 

Thanks

 

On Thu, May 21, 2020 at 3:02 PM Srinivas via lists.opendaylight.org <srinivas.rachakonda=altencalsoftlabs.com@...> wrote:

Hi All,

 

I am working on odltools and would like to know how to get the merged gerrit code into CSIT jobs.

 

https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/odltools/+/89799

 

I want the above Gerrit code to be picked up during the job run.

 

Please kindly help me in this regards.

 

Thanks,

Srinivas

+91-9243478719

 


 

--

Faseela.K

Cisco, Bengaluru

MEC 2k10