[affinity-dev] Virtualization Edition Guide for VTN Manager

Suchi Raman <suchi.raman@...>

A quick solution for the first release may be to assign a priority to each application. FRM does some degree of conflict detection and resolution (calculating intersections of overlapping rules) but does not look at or assign flow priority fields. These are expected to come from the caller.

Today the main entry points for flow rules are the forwarding rules manager and flow programmer service. We should centralize the main entry point for any user-initiated configuration or policy tasks requiring flow rule creation in the switches where such priority and conflicts can be evaluated and resolved. I say user-initiated in contrast to flow rules from network events -- arp, learning bridge, ...

On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 11:09 PM, Ed Warnicke (eaw) <eaw@...> wrote:
Hideyuki,

This is a problem as affinity is also part of the virtualization edition... what can be done to allow peaceful coexistence?

Ed