ODL Test lab access

Andrew Grimberg

Greetings folks,

I finally have the test lab available for access. The current layout is
very similar to the Ericsson lab. I've already allocated access rights
to all folks that have committer status to the Integration project.
Those that have not yet actually logged into Gerrit, or at least haven't
configured an SSH pubkey in Gerrit, will need to do so to be able to
access the lab.

Here's the writeup I've done:

https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/CrossProject:Integration_Group:ODL_Test_Lab

Please note, I do not presently have any graphical desktop applications
on test01 (the tools system). If you believe we need this please let me
know and I'll go about getting Gnome, Firefox and VNC on it.

Also, having looked over the End to End inventory wiki
( https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/OpenDaylight_OpenFlow_Plugin::End_to_End_Inventory ) and seeing that to do OF 1.3 we needed Open vSwitch 1.10 or greater I made sure that 1.11 was installed on our mininet system. Mininet is at v2.0.0 not, 2.1.0 as I've had difficulties getting it to build properly for EL6 thankfully the wiki page there indicates that 2.0.0 should work.

You will notice that I've started attaching slaves to the Jenkins silo.
I've got them tagged as requiring a job be specifically tied to a given
tag for them to accept the job, the reason for this is that the test
systems do not presently have any of the build environments on them so
they can't just share build processing.

One final note, Jenkins has an account on all the VMs with the same
rights as any user that gets shell access, this should make it easier to
build out jobs :)

-Andy-

--
Andrew J Grimberg
Systems Administrator

Andrew Grimberg

As an additional note, the user facing firewalls on the systems are
still pretty tight. I'll need to know what we need to open to make this
useful to folks. The backside network interfaces have no firewalling so
there won't be anything there for us to deal with.

On Thu, 2013-11-14 at 10:02 -0800, Andrew Grimberg wrote:
[...]

Luis Gomez <luis.gomez@...>

Thanks Andrew, Carol and I will take a look on all these this afternoon.

[...]

Carol Sanders <carol.sanders@...>

Yes we will.
I have a full schedule today until we meet at 5:30 :(
But I will be there today! :)

Carol

[...]

Hi Andrew, which CentOS package do we need for sshuttle?

[odluser@odl-controller ~]$ sshuttle
-bash: sshuttle: command not found
[odluser@odl-controller ~]$
[odluser@odl-controller ~]$
[odluser@odl-controller ~]$ yum search sshuttle
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, security
* base: centos.sonn.com
* extras: linux.mirrors.es.net
* updates: mirror.hmc.edu
Warning: No matches found for: sshuttle
No Matches found

[...]

I got sshuttle installed but now I have another issue accessing the environment:

[odluser@odl-test-tools .ssh]$ ssh -p 29418 ecelgp@...

**** Welcome to Gerrit Code Review ****

Hi Luis Gomez, you have successfully connected over SSH.

Unfortunately, interactive shells are disabled.
To clone a hosted Git repository, use:

git clone ssh://ecelgp@...:29418/REPOSITORY_NAME.git

Connection to git.opendaylight.org closed.
[odluser@odl-test-tools .ssh]$
[odluser@odl-test-tools .ssh]$
[odluser@odl-test-tools .ssh]$
[odluser@odl-test-tools .ssh]$ sudo sshuttle -r ecelgp@... 172.17.198.24/29 -H --seed-hosts test01
Address 140.211.169.26 maps to git.opendaylight.org, but this does not map back to the address - POSSIBLE BREAK-IN ATTEMPT!
Permission denied (publickey,gssapi-keyex,gssapi-with-mic).
client: fatal: failed to establish ssh session (2)

Am I missing anything?

[...]

Luis,

sshuttle is available in the EPEL ( http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL )
reposistory . I strongly recommend you have those configured on your
CentOS / RHEL systems as that will get you access to a lot of software
that isn't in the base OS. LF uses the base repositories, EPEL and a
custom internal only repository for all of our software installations.

-Andy-

On Thu, 2013-11-14 at 20:20 +0000, Luis Gomez wrote:
[...]

Please note that the reverse address being mapped to
git.opendaylight.org while a valid warning, is a non-issue. The IP
serves multiple purposes and having it identify as git.opendaylight.org
is to make sure that when Gerrit gets moved to a new system (which I'm
prepping to do in the near future) it git access won't get the same
warning. I figured not having folks see that when they were cloning /
pushing code was better than having the much fewer folks that get
testlab access have the error ;)

That being said, if your SSH pubkey is not the same key as you use for
Gerrit you're going to run into this problem. The system will not allow
you to login with a password and the only keys that you can use are the
ones defined in Gerrit.

You can check what key(s) you're passing by doing the following:

ssh-add -L

Compare that with the key(s) that you've got defined in Gerrit.

Gerrit -> Settings -> SSH Public Keys

Please pay no mind to the Server Host keys listed in Gerrit, those are
the keys for Gerrit itself which runs on a completely different port and
therefore has different host keys.

-Andy-