OF 1.3 ready for testing

Luis Gomez <luis.gomez@...>

FYI, very interesting if someone wants to test OF1.3.

BR/Luis

From: openflowjava-dev-bounces@... [mailto:openflowjava-dev-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Abhijit Kumbhare
Sent: Monday, November 11, 2013 7:11 PM
To: openflowjava-dev@...; openflowplugin-dev@...; openflowplugin-dev-bounces@...
Cc: Anees A Shaikh
Subject: Re: [openflowjava-dev] [openflowplugin-dev] OF plugin / library OF 1.3 compliance - REST API

OK - I got the info from Ed about how to predict what the REST API will be from the models. Will just copy paste the conversation rather than write out the email:

Also the wiki mentioned is the wiki that Ed updated with the info that Ed talked about in the demo today:

https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/OpenDaylight_OpenFlow_Plugin::End_to_End_Inventory

abhijitkumbhare
i asked this question - and want to get yugandhar to look a little more in it tomorrow - but how can I predict what the REST API are looking at the yang models in opendaylight/md-sal/model/model-flow-base/src/main/yang?
abhijitkumbhare
basically where can i find the algorithm for the autogeneration of the REST API from the models?
abhijitkumbhare
i will ask it on the list
edwarnicke
I'll try to do a page tomorrow
abhijitkumbhare
thanks!
edwarnicke
You can get a sense though if you look at the URL an compare it to the inventory model
abhijitkumbhare
ok - will do
abhijitkumbhare
yeah - will do that
edwarnicke
If you look at node-inventory.yang
abhijitkumbhare
ok
edwarnicke
It's namespace is opendaylight-inventory
abhijitkumbhare
ok
edwarnicke
the root container is nodes
abhijitkumbhare
like you mentioned in the wiki: http://localhost:8080/restconf/datastore/opendaylight-inventory:nodes/
edwarnicke
Yep
edwarnicke
And to get to a particular node, with id openflow:1 you would use:
edwarnicke
http://localhost:8080/restconf/datastore/opendaylight-inventory:nodes/node/openflow:1
edwarnicke
This makes sense
abhijitkumbhare
ok
edwarnicke
As in the model container nodes
edwarnicke
Contains a list 'node'
edwarnicke
With 'key' 'id'
edwarnicke
So you address a member of that list with its key, which in this case is the id.
abhijitkumbhare
so this one: opendaylight/md-sal/model/model-inventory/src/main/yang/node-inventory.yang
edwarnicke
Yep
edwarnicke
(updated wiki page to mention http://localhost:8080/restconf/datastore/opendaylight-inventory:nodes/node/openflow:1 )
abhijitkumbhare
ok
edwarnicke
Make sense?
abhijitkumbhare
yes
edwarnicke
You can basically read out the URLs from the model
edwarnicke
(they are mechanically generated from it)
abhijitkumbhare
you also have the namespace written in the model
edwarnicke
Yes
abhijitkumbhare
and follow it from there
edwarnicke
Yep
abhijitkumbhare
ok - will do

Abhijit Kumbhare---11/11/2013 06:44:38 PM---OK - asking this question in a different way: what is the algorithm for the autogeneration of the RE

From: Abhijit Kumbhare/San Jose/IBM@IBMUS
To: openflowplugin-dev@..., openflowjava-dev@..., "Ed Warnicke (eaw)" <eaw@...>,
Cc: Anees A Shaikh/Watson/IBM@IBMUS
Date: 11/11/2013 06:44 PM
Sent by: openflowplugin-dev-bounces@...

OK - asking this question in a different way: what is the algorithm for the autogeneration of the REST API from the models? e.g. Is there a way for me to predict the flow related REST API looking at the models in opendaylight/md-sal/model/model-flow-base/src/main/yang?

Abhijit Kumbhare---11/10/2013 10:31:51 PM---Hi folks, We will need to come up with a compliance spreadsheet for the OF plugin / library (or may

From:
Abhijit Kumbhare/San Jose/IBM
To:
Yugandhar Sarraju/India/IBM@IBMIN, "Prasanna Huddar" <prasanna.huddar@...>, mirehak@..., "Hema Gopalkrishnan" <hema.gopalkrishnan@...>, Anilkumar Vishnoi/India/IBM@IBMIN, Anil Gujele/India/IBM@IBMIN, "Tony Tkacik -X (ttkacik - Pantheon Technologies SRO at Cisco)" <ttkacik@...>, michal.polkorab@..., Muthukumaran Kothandaraman/India/IBM@IBMIN, "Ed Warnicke (eaw)" <eaw@...>,
Cc:
Anees A Shaikh/Watson/IBM@IBMUS
Date:
11/10/2013 10:31 PM
Subject:
OF plugin / library OF 1.3 compliance

Hi folks,

We will need to come up with a compliance spreadsheet for the OF plugin / library (or may be the controller as a whole). While we may not get a chance to discuss this in detail in the meeting this time - we should keep an eye on this and start filling this up (hopefully in the next week or so).

I have prepared a skeleton of the compliance spreadsheet - please take a look at it:

[attachment "OpenFlow Plugin 1.3 Conformance v1.xls" deleted by Abhijit Kumbhare/San Jose/IBM]

Particularly the spreadsheet will depend a lot on the REST APIs we have - hence can someone answer Yugandhar's questions?

Thanks,
Abhijit

Abhijit Kumbhare---11/10/2013 10:14:08 PM---Any of you know of rest of the folks can answer this? This is an important piece of info - as users

From:
Abhijit Kumbhare/San Jose/IBM
To:
Yugandhar Sarraju/India/IBM@IBMIN, "Prasanna Huddar" <prasanna.huddar@...>, mirehak@..., "Hema Gopalkrishnan" <hema.gopalkrishnan@...>, Anilkumar Vishnoi/India/IBM@IBMIN, Anil Gujele/India/IBM@IBMIN, "Tony Tkacik -X (ttkacik - Pantheon Technologies SRO at Cisco)" <ttkacik@...>, michal.polkorab@..., Muthukumaran Kothandaraman/India/IBM@IBMIN,
Date:
11/10/2013 10:14 PM
Re: Rest APIs details

Any of you know of rest of the folks can answer this?

This is an important piece of info - as users will likely test the OF plugin / library using the REST API.

Yugandhar Sarraju---11/08/2013 04:08:05 AM---Hi Tony, Just need some quick info on where exactly i can locate the Yang-Models and Rest APIs gener

From:
Yugandhar Sarraju/India/IBM@IBMIN
To:
ttkacik@...,
Cc:
Abhijit Kumbhare/San Jose/IBM@IBMUS
Date:
11/08/2013 04:08 AM
Subject:
Rest APIs details

Hi Tony,

Just need some quick info on where exactly i can locate the Yang-Models and Rest APIs generated as discussed in earlier call.
I want to look at Rest API definitions for flows, groups, counters etc.

Thanks for your time.

/BR
Yugandhar Sarraju
Advisory Software Engineer
Network Management Software, STG
+91-9686569657

Abhijit Kumbhare <abhijitk@...>

I will not say it is ready for test yet (probably not ready til RC0) - but my email is more of looking at the models predicting what the REST API would be.

Luis Gomez ---11/13/2013 12:33:46 PM---FYI, very interesting if someone wants to test OF1.3. BR/Luis

From: Luis Gomez <luis.gomez@...>
To: "'integration-dev@...'" <integration-dev@...>,
Date: 11/13/2013 12:33 PM
Subject: [integration-dev] OF 1.3 ready for testing
Sent by: integration-dev-bounces@...

If you look at node-inventory.yang

abhijitkumbhare
[...]

From:
Abhijit Kumbhare/San Jose/IBM@IBMUS
To:
openflowplugin-dev@..., openflowjava-dev@..., "Ed Warnicke (eaw)" <eaw@...>,
Cc:
Anees A Shaikh/Watson/IBM@IBMUS
Date:
11/11/2013 06:44 PM
Re: [openflowplugin-dev] OF plugin / library OF 1.3 compliance - REST API
Sent by:
openflowplugin-dev-bounces@...

OK - asking this question in a different way: what is
the algorithm for the autogeneration of the REST API from the models? e.g. Is there a way for me to predict the flow related REST API looking at the models in opendaylight/md-sal/model/model-flow-base/src/main/yang?

Abhijit Kumbhare---11/10/2013 10:31:51 PM---Hi folks, We will need to come up with a compliance spreadsheet for the OF plugin / library (or may

From:
Abhijit Kumbhare/San Jose/IBM
To:
Yugandhar Sarraju/India/IBM@IBMIN, "Prasanna Huddar" <prasanna.huddar@...>, mirehak@..., "Hema Gopalkrishnan" <hema.gopalkrishnan@...>, Anilkumar Vishnoi/India/IBM@IBMIN, Anil Gujele/India/IBM@IBMIN, "Tony Tkacik -X (ttkacik - Pantheon Technologies SRO at Cisco)" <ttkacik@...>, michal.polkorab@..., Muthukumaran Kothandaraman/India/IBM@IBMIN, "Ed Warnicke (eaw)" <eaw@...>,
Cc:
Anees A Shaikh/Watson/IBM@IBMUS
Date:
11/10/2013 10:31 PM
Subject:
[...]

From:
Abhijit Kumbhare/San Jose/IBM
To:
Yugandhar Sarraju/India/IBM@IBMIN, "Prasanna Huddar" <prasanna.huddar@...>, mirehak@..., "Hema Gopalkrishnan" <hema.gopalkrishnan@...>, Anilkumar Vishnoi/India/IBM@IBMIN, Anil Gujele/India/IBM@IBMIN, "Tony Tkacik -X (ttkacik - Pantheon Technologies SRO at Cisco)" <ttkacik@...>, michal.polkorab@..., Muthukumaran Kothandaraman/India/IBM@IBMIN,
Date:
11/10/2013 10:14 PM
Re: Rest APIs details

Any of you know of rest of the folks can answer this?

This is an important piece of info - as users will likely test the OF plugin / library using the REST API.

Yugandhar Sarraju---11/08/2013 04:08:05 AM---Hi Tony, Just need some quick info on where exactly i can locate the Yang-Models and Rest APIs gener

From:
Yugandhar Sarraju/India/IBM@IBMIN
To:
ttkacik@...,
Cc:
Abhijit Kumbhare/San Jose/IBM@IBMUS
Date:
11/08/2013 04:08 AM
Subject:
Rest APIs details

Hi Tony,

Just need some quick info on where exactly i can locate the Yang-Models and Rest APIs generated as discussed in earlier call.
I want to look at Rest API definitions for flows, groups, counters etc.

Thanks for your time.

/BR
Yugandhar Sarraju
Advisory Software Engineer
Network Management Software, STG
+91-9686569657

Luis Gomez <luis.gomez@...>

OK, thanks for the observation, still interesting for Integration people to learn about automatic generated REST APIs.

From: Luis Gomez <luis.gomez@...>
To: "'integration-dev@...'" <integration-dev@...>,
Date: 11/13/2013 12:33 PM

If you look at node-inventory.yang

abhijitkumbhare

From:
Abhijit Kumbhare/San Jose/IBM@IBMUS
To:
openflowplugin-dev@..., openflowjava-dev@..., "Ed Warnicke (eaw)" <eaw@...>,
Cc:
Anees A Shaikh/Watson/IBM@IBMUS
Date:
11/11/2013 06:44 PM
Re: [openflowplugin-dev] OF plugin / library OF 1.3 compliance - REST API
Sent by:
openflowplugin-dev-bounces@...

OK - asking this question in a different way: what is
the algorithm for the autogeneration of the REST API from the models? e.g. Is there a way for me to predict the flow related REST API looking at the models in opendaylight/md-sal/model/model-flow-base/src/main/yang?

Abhijit Kumbhare---11/10/2013 10:31:51 PM---Hi folks, We will need to come up with a compliance spreadsheet for the OF plugin / library (or may

From:
Abhijit Kumbhare/San Jose/IBM
To:
Yugandhar Sarraju/India/IBM@IBMIN, "Prasanna Huddar" <
prasanna.huddar@...>, mirehak@..., "Hema Gopalkrishnan" <hema.gopalkrishnan@...>, Anilkumar Vishnoi/India/IBM@IBMIN, Anil Gujele/India/IBM@IBMIN, "Tony Tkacik -X (ttkacik - Pantheon Technologies SRO at Cisco)" <ttkacik@...>, michal.polkorab@..., Muthukumaran Kothandaraman/India/IBM@IBMIN, "Ed Warnicke (eaw)" <eaw@...>,
Cc:
Anees A Shaikh/Watson/IBM@IBMUS
Date:
11/10/2013 10:31 PM
Subject:
[...]

From:
Abhijit Kumbhare/San Jose/IBM
To:
Yugandhar Sarraju/India/IBM@IBMIN, "Prasanna Huddar" <
prasanna.huddar@...>, mirehak@..., "Hema Gopalkrishnan" <hema.gopalkrishnan@...>, Anilkumar Vishnoi/India/IBM@IBMIN, Anil Gujele/India/IBM@IBMIN, "Tony Tkacik -X (ttkacik - Pantheon Technologies SRO at Cisco)" <ttkacik@...>, michal.polkorab@..., Muthukumaran Kothandaraman/India/IBM@IBMIN,
Date:
11/10/2013 10:14 PM
Re: Rest APIs details

Any of you know of rest of the folks can answer this?

This is an important piece of info - as users will likely test the OF plugin / library using the REST API.

Yugandhar Sarraju---11/08/2013 04:08:05 AM---Hi Tony, Just need some quick info on where exactly i can locate the Yang-Models and Rest APIs gener

From:
Yugandhar Sarraju/India/IBM@IBMIN
To:
ttkacik@...,
Cc:
Abhijit Kumbhare/San Jose/IBM@IBMUS
Date:
11/08/2013 04:08 AM
Subject:
Rest APIs details

Hi Tony,

Just need some quick info on where exactly i can locate the Yang-Models and Rest APIs generated as discussed in earlier call.
I want to look at Rest API definitions for flows, groups, counters etc.

Thanks for your time.

/BR
Yugandhar Sarraju
Advisory Software Engineer
Network Management Software, STG
+91-9686569657

Liguangpeng (Roc, IPTechnologyResearchDept&HW) <guangpeng.li@...>

I will work on this. Anyone want to come in ?

From: Abhijit Kumbhare/San Jose/IBM@IBMUS
To: openflowplugin-dev@..., openflowjava-dev@..., "Ed Warnicke (eaw)" <eaw@...>,
Cc: Anees A Shaikh/Watson/IBM@IBMUS
Date: 11/11/2013 06:44 PM
Sent by: openflowplugin-dev-bounces@...

OK - asking this question in a different way: what is the algorithm for the autogeneration of the REST API from the models? e.g. Is there a way for me to predict the flow related REST API looking at the models in opendaylight/md-sal/model/model-flow-base/src/main/yang?

Abhijit Kumbhare---11/10/2013 10:31:51 PM---Hi folks, We will need to come up with a compliance spreadsheet for the OF plugin / library (or may

From:
Abhijit Kumbhare/San Jose/IBM
To:
Yugandhar Sarraju/India/IBM@IBMIN, "Prasanna Huddar" <prasanna.huddar@...>, mirehak@..., "Hema Gopalkrishnan" <hema.gopalkrishnan@...>, Anilkumar Vishnoi/India/IBM@IBMIN, Anil Gujele/India/IBM@IBMIN, "Tony Tkacik -X (ttkacik - Pantheon Technologies SRO at Cisco)" <ttkacik@...>, michal.polkorab@..., Muthukumaran Kothandaraman/India/IBM@IBMIN, "Ed Warnicke (eaw)" <eaw@...>,
Cc:
Anees A Shaikh/Watson/IBM@IBMUS
Date:
11/10/2013 10:31 PM
Subject:
[...]

From:
Abhijit Kumbhare/San Jose/IBM
To:
Yugandhar Sarraju/India/IBM@IBMIN, "Prasanna Huddar" <prasanna.huddar@...>, mirehak@..., "Hema Gopalkrishnan" <hema.gopalkrishnan@...>, Anilkumar Vishnoi/India/IBM@IBMIN, Anil Gujele/India/IBM@IBMIN, "Tony Tkacik -X (ttkacik - Pantheon Technologies SRO at Cisco)" <ttkacik@...>, michal.polkorab@..., Muthukumaran Kothandaraman/India/IBM@IBMIN,
Date:
11/10/2013 10:14 PM
Re: Rest APIs details

Any of you know of rest of the folks can answer this?

This is an important piece of info - as users will likely test the OF plugin / library using the REST API.

Yugandhar Sarraju---11/08/2013 04:08:05 AM---Hi Tony, Just need some quick info on where exactly i can locate the Yang-Models and Rest APIs gener

From:
Yugandhar Sarraju/India/IBM@IBMIN
To:
ttkacik@...,