Re: New project proposal for OpenDaylight: Boron Offset 2 titled "Centennial"
I received the following mail from project-proposals-bounces@... saying that,
my mail is being held until the list moderator can review it for approval.
The reason it is being held:
Message body is too big: 77702 bytes with a limit of 40 KB
I am resending this mail for your review with reduced content/size below from our last thread of discussion. I hope this goes through and you would be able to revert to us.
We are very keen to find out how we can get our contributed code artifacts in to the ODL distro without any duplication of the features that are coming up in Boron. We will do the gap analysis and would only propose what is of value to the Wireless Transport (Microwave and Millimeter wave) vendor and Telco community so that they can get this project artifacts in the formal release of ODL.
From: Vishwanath Edavayyanamath (COMMUNICATIONS)
Sent: Monday, August 1, 2016 11:10 PM
To: Anil Vishnoi <vishnoianil@...>
Cc: Abhijit Kumbhare <abhijitkoss@...>; <tsc@...> <tsc@...>; project-proposals@...; Karsten Block (Wipro Retail - Germany ) <karsten.block@...>; Vishwanath Edavayyanamath (COMMUNICATIONS) <vishwanath.edavayyanamath@...>
Subject: RE: [Project-proposals] New project proposal for OpenDaylight: Boron Offset 2 titled "Centennial"
Dear Anil & Team,
I am coming back to check on this thread since, Boron release is around the corner next month and if there is a possibility for us to propose our Microwave Project and its code artifacts which were delivered as part of ONF Wireless Transport PoC-2 (and would continue its development in PoC-3). We will do a gap analysis of what already exists in Boron and make a proposal to integrate only those software bundles/components which do not already exist and are unique to the ONF Wireless Transport PoC-2. Our idea is to get the delta code into the formal ODL distro.
We had earlier backed out from this proposal since, we had made this proposition at M4 stage had not much time left to get our code in. We wanted to attempt this integration after the Formal Release of Boron in Sept. 2016 and attempt to get our code artifacts in one of the service releases of Boron.
Could you please revert if we can make project propositions and still be able to get our code artifacts into the Service Releases of Boron. If so, can you please elaborate on the process and suggest us some timelines for the same.
From: Anil Vishnoi [mailto:vishnoianil@...]
** This mail has been sent from an external source **
Thanks for letting us know.
Just want to clarify that approval of the project does not really mean that it will be part of the current official release. For the project those are proposed late in the cycle, TSC has to take two decision (1) Accepting the project in ODL (2) If requested, allowing project to join the current release given that it's proposed after M1. So you can always propose a project but defer from joining the current release.