Date

New project proposal: AAA Service

Nguyen, Liem Manh <liem_m_nguyen@...>

Hi everyone,

We have added a new proposal to add AAA functionality to OpenDaylight.  Please find more details here:

https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Project_Proposals:AAA_Service

Thanks,

Liem Nguyen

Dave Lenrow

Hewlett-Packard

New proposal: service function chaining

Paul Quinn (paulq) <paulq@...>

Proposal team,

We submitted a new proposal this afternoon for your consideration:

https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Project_Proposals:Service_function_chaining

Paul

AAA Service Requests 5/15 TSC Project Creation Review/Vote

Lenrow, Dave <david.lenrow@...>

Will have some founding contributors attend the TSC call.

-drl

Dave Lenrow

Distinguished Architect

Advanced Technology Group - HP Networking

Hewlett-Packard, Littleton MA

+1 (617)-329-1861 (mobile)

david.lenrow@...

@dlenrow

Re: AAA Service Requests 5/15 TSC Project Creation Review/Vote

David Meyer <dmm@...>

Thanks, will schedule.

--dmm

On Thu, May 1, 2014 at 10:16 AM, Lenrow, Dave <david.lenrow@...> wrote:
Will have some founding contributors attend the TSC call.

-drl

Dave Lenrow

Distinguished Architect

Advanced Technology Group - HP Networking

Hewlett-Packard, Littleton MA

+1 (617)-329-1861 (mobile)

david.lenrow@...

@dlenrow

Re: New proposal: service function chaining

Paul Quinn (paulq) <paulq@...>

Hello,

If possible, I’d like to schedule time for a creation review. I believe the next review meeting is on May 15, can we get a slot then?

Thanks
Paul

On Apr 30, 2014, at 4:50 PM, Paul Quinn <paulq@...> wrote:

Proposal team,

We submitted a new proposal this afternoon for your consideration:

https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Project_Proposals:Service_function_chaining

Paul

New project: TCP-MD5

Robert Varga

Hello everyone,

We would like to propose a new project, TCP-MD5, which gives Java applications access to RFC2385 (MD5 Signature Option) when running on a supported operating system (x86_64 Linux right now).

The functionality has been developed as part of BGPCEP project, where it is used to protect PCEP and BGP sessions -- a feature typically required by service providers. Since this piece is useful outside of the BGPCEP project and is feature-complete, we would like to separate it out and ship it as a separate project in Helium.

The details are over at https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Project_Proposals:TCP-MD5, feedback and contributors are welcome :)

Discovery Project Proposal

David Bainbridge

I have put a project proposal at https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Project_Proposals:Discovery. There exists a partial implementation of this proposal and work continues on the implementation. Please let me know if you have any questions and what are the next steps.

Mahalo,

/david

David Bainbridge | Principal Architect | ciena
dbainbri@... | 3939 North 1st Street | San Jose, CA 95134 USA
Direct +1.408.904.2103
| Mobile +1.978.835.0771| Fax +1.408.904.2103

Re: Discovery Project Proposal

Ed Warnicke (eaw) <eaw@...>

David,
So… there is a two week waiting period for public comment, at which point you can
have your creation review.
Please let dmm and the TSC list know when you’d like to schedule your review :)

Ed
On Aug 18, 2014, at 4:37 PM, Bainbridge, David <dbainbri@...> wrote:

I have put a project proposal at https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Project_Proposals:Discovery. There exists a partial implementation of this proposal and work continues on the implementation. Please let me know if you have any questions and what are the next steps.

Mahalo,
/david

David Bainbridge | Principal Architect | ciena
dbainbri@... | 3939 North 1st Street | San Jose, CA 95134 USA
Direct +1.408.904.2103
| Mobile +1.978.835.0771| Fax +1.408.904.2103

Re: Discovery Project Proposal

David Bainbridge

Thanks Ed. I assume the public review is people who receive the email to the proposals list and then they add comments to the wiki? Nothing I need to initiate that (other than what has been done)?

So… there is a two week waiting period for public comment, at which point you can

have your creation review.

Please let dmm and the TSC list know when you’d like to schedule your review :)

Ed

On Aug 18, 2014, at 4:37 PM, Bainbridge, David <dbainbri@...> wrote:

I have put a project proposal at https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Project_Proposals:Discovery. There exists a partial implementation of this proposal and work continues on the implementation. Please let me know if you have any questions and what are the next steps.

Mahalo,

/david

David Bainbridge | Principal Architect | ciena
dbainbri@... | 3939 North 1st Street | San Jose, CA 95134 USA
Direct +1.408.904.2103
| Mobile +1.978.835.0771| Fax +1.408.904.2103

Re: Discovery Project Proposal

Ed Warnicke (eaw) <eaw@...>

Timer starts from the email to project-proposals... So you are good :)

On Aug 18, 2014, at 6:44 PM, "Bainbridge, David" <dbainbri@...> wrote:

Thanks Ed. I assume the public review is people who receive the email to the proposals list and then they add comments to the wiki? Nothing I need to initiate that (other than what has been done)?

So… there is a two week waiting period for public comment, at which point you can

have your creation review.

Please let dmm and the TSC list know when you’d like to schedule your review :)

Ed

On Aug 18, 2014, at 4:37 PM, Bainbridge, David <dbainbri@...> wrote:

I have put a project proposal at https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Project_Proposals:Discovery. There exists a partial implementation of this proposal and work continues on the implementation. Please let me know if you have any questions and what are the next steps.

Mahalo,

/david

David Bainbridge | Principal Architect | ciena
dbainbri@... | 3939 North 1st Street | San Jose, CA 95134 USA
Direct +1.408.904.2103
| Mobile +1.978.835.0771| Fax +1.408.904.2103

Re: Discovery Project Proposal

Frank Brockners

Hi David,

just saw your proposal on a "discovery" project. Reading through the high-level description, I was wondering whether you were planning to build things on-top/in close association with our existing SNBI project (your proposal sounds very complementary)?

Thanks, Frank

I have put a project proposal at https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Project_Proposals:Discovery. There exists a partial implementation of this proposal and work continues on the implementation. Please let me know if you have any questions and what are the next steps.

Mahalo,
/david

David Bainbridge | Principal Architect | ciena
dbainbri@... | 3939 North 1st Street | San Jose, CA 95134 USA
Direct +1.408.904.2103 | Mobile +1.978.835.0771| Fax +1.408.904.2103

Re: Discovery Project Proposal

David Bainbridge

Frank,

I took a quick look at the SNBI project and while I am not completely sure I understand the project I suspect you are correct and these projects have a complementary aspect. It might be worth having a call at some point if you think it would be valuable.

Mahalo,
/david

partial implementation of this proposal and work continues on the
implementation. Please let me know if you have any questions and what are the
next steps.

Mahalo,
/david

David Bainbridge | Principal Architect | ciena dbainbri@... | 3939 North
1st Street | San Jose, CA 95134 USA Direct +1.408.904.2103 | Mobile
+1.978.835.0771| Fax +1.408.904.2103

Re: Discovery Project Proposal

Frank Brockners

David,

Sounds good. How about you joining our next team call (we meet every Wednesday at 9am PT). We could jointly discuss things with the team. Meeting details are found on our project page: https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/SecureNetworkBootstrapping:Main

Thanks, Frank

I took a quick look at the SNBI project and while I am not completely sure I understand the project I suspect you are correct and these projects have a complementary aspect. It might be worth having a call at some point if you think it would be valuable.

Mahalo,
/david

exists a partial implementation of this proposal and work continues on
the implementation. Please let me know if you have any questions and
what are the next steps.

Mahalo,
/david

David Bainbridge | Principal Architect | ciena dbainbri@... |
3939 North 1st Street | San Jose, CA 95134 USA Direct +1.408.904.2103
| Mobile
+1.978.835.0771| Fax +1.408.904.2103

Re: Discovery Project Proposal

David Bainbridge

I will plan to attend. Invited a couple of other people that have been working with me on discovery as well.

Mahalo,
/david

exists a partial implementation of this proposal and work continues on
the implementation. Please let me know if you have any questions and
what are the next steps.

Mahalo,
/david

David Bainbridge | Principal Architect | ciena dbainbri@... |
3939 North 1st Street | San Jose, CA 95134 USA Direct +1.408.904.2103
| Mobile
+1.978.835.0771| Fax +1.408.904.2103

Re: Discovery Project Proposal

David Meyer <dmm@...>

David,

I have in my notes that next week's TSC meeting is the first opportunity for you to have a creation review for Discovery. Will you folks be ready?

Thanks,

--dmm

On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 2:37 PM, Bainbridge, David <dbainbri@...> wrote:

I have put a project proposal at https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Project_Proposals:Discovery. There exists a partial implementation of this proposal and work continues on the implementation. Please let me know if you have any questions and what are the next steps.

Mahalo,

/david

David Bainbridge | Principal Architect | ciena
dbainbri@... | 3939 North 1st Street | San Jose, CA 95134 USA
Direct +1.408.904.2103
| Mobile +1.978.835.0771| Fax +1.408.904.2103

OpenDaylight and NetXStudio

Christophe Bouhier <christophe.bouhier@...>

Dear reader,

We are investigating how our product could fit in the OpenDaylight eco-system.

NetXStudio is open source and what it does is a Performance/Capacity management system. It reads metric data from telecom systems
and derives new metrics using a formula language. We model the network elements and configuration of elements and links and map the metrics to the components of the network.
Then there is navigation, presentation, reports of results.

It's not a real-time system, as the data we read is granular: 1 hour or 1 day data, and we are interrested in Capacity development on the long run. (Spread of several years).
For Opendaylight however, we are looking at making it more real time, by processing SNMP, so it would be monitoring. The basic idea is that when the data arrives real-time, combined with the calculation engine and perhaps service data we we could hook-in to the orchestration and perform configuration of services etc... based on the rules.

Before we work out a complete proposal, I would like to ask for your advise.
(We have a lot of catch-up to do on OpenDaylight before being capable to come to our own conclusions at this point in time and space).

So my question to Opendaylights are:

- Do you see a need for such a solution?  (Real-time monitoring, orchestration based on rules/formulas).
- Would there be interrest from OpenDaylight partners to join and help develop?
- Which OpenDaylight components would we interact with?

We would very much like to join the Opendaylight community with a sensible solution, we are open to other 'needs' which we could help develop.

About NetXStudio

NetXStudio runs with a major Mobile operator in the Netherlands. It's build with Eclipse Java, RCP, Equinox and many more Eclipse technologies. (I noticed, Opendaylight supports OSGI).
It's Open source (licensed GPLv3). We are setting up a new website at the moment. See more nformation here: http://test.netxforge.com/public/netxstudio ).

Rgds,
--
Christophe Bouhier
Christophe.bouhier@...

Re: Discovery Project Proposal

David Bainbridge

David,

We will be ready to go. Paul Hudgins will be representing the project at the TSC. What is the format and what information needs to be provided?

On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 7:50 AM, Bainbridge, David <dbainbri@...> wrote:

David,

We will be ready to go. Paul Hudgins will be representing the project at the TSC. What is the format and what information needs to be provided?

Great. The format is free-form (we don't have a specific format). What you should do is give an overview of the project, what interactions it has with other projects (if any), current status, and initial committer list (along with anything else you would like to tell the TSC about the project). Hope this helps.

--dmm

Mahalo,

/david

I have in my notes that next week's TSC meeting is the first opportunity for you to have a creation review for Discovery. Will you folks be ready?

Thanks,

--dmm

On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 2:37 PM, Bainbridge, David <dbainbri@...> wrote:

I have put a project proposal at https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Project_Proposals:Discovery. There exists a partial implementation of this proposal and work continues on the implementation. Please let me know if you have any questions and what are the next steps.

Mahalo,

/david

David Bainbridge | Principal Architect | ciena
dbainbri@... | 3939 North 1st Street | San Jose, CA 95134 USA
Direct +1.408.904.2103
| Mobile +1.978.835.0771| Fax +1.408.904.2103

new project proposal Source-group eXchange Protocol SXP

Allyn Romanow (allyn) <allyn@...>

Release Engineering - Builder project proposal

Andrew Grimberg

The Linux Foundation DevOps IT team is proposing a new project in
support of CI job management. Please take a look at our proposal
available here:

https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Project_Proposals:Release_Engineering_-_Builder

-Andy-

--