Date   

OpenDaylight.org - Static Web Page

Filip Čúzy <filip.cuzy@...>
 

Hi,


in line with the requirements for project proposals, I have created a dedicated wiki page, outlining the effort of moving OpenDaylight from WordPress to Jekyll.


https://wiki.opendaylight.org/display/ODL/opendaylight.org+-+static+website


Parallelly, I am working on a demo for the webpage and will publish the code, once in a viable state.


Thank you,


Filip Čúzy

Marketing Specialist

 

PANTHEON .tech

Mlynské Nivy 56, 821 05 Bratislava

Slovakia

Tel / +421 220 665 111

 

MAIL / filip.cuzy@...

WEB / https://pantheon.tech


Re: IPoverCA project proposal

Luis Gomez
 

My only defense here is that in Spain we do not have April's fools but December 28th Innocent day so this is not the first time I am fooled.

Besides the joke, I had a good laughter reading the 2 RFCs so thanks for sharing this :)

BR/Luis

On Apr 2, 2021, at 11:28 AM, Luis Gomez via lists.opendaylight.org <ecelgp=gmail.com@...> wrote:

Yep, you totally got me on this one :)

On Apr 2, 2021, at 8:41 AM, Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:

On 02/04/2021 02:36, Luis Gomez wrote:
Wow, I have never seen an RFC as short as this one:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1149
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1149> and also an idea like this
before: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IP_over_Avian_Carriers
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IP_over_Avian_Carriers>

Do you mind elaborating a bit what would be the ODL role in this
solution/idea?
I suggest looking at the date of the proposal and the publication date
of https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1149 :)

Regards,
Robert


BR/Luis

On Apr 1, 2021, at 1:49 PM, Antonin Dejardin
<dejardin.antonin@... <mailto:dejardin.antonin@...>> wrote:

Good morning

I would like to propose to the openDaylight community the following
project:
https://wiki.opendaylight.org/display/ODL/IPoverCA
<https://wiki.opendaylight.org/display/ODL/IPoverCA>

Thank you in advance for your consideration

Kind Regards
Antonin








Re: IPoverCA project proposal

Luis Gomez
 

Yep, you totally got me on this one :)

On Apr 2, 2021, at 8:41 AM, Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:

On 02/04/2021 02:36, Luis Gomez wrote:
Wow, I have never seen an RFC as short as this one:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1149
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1149> and also an idea like this
before: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IP_over_Avian_Carriers
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IP_over_Avian_Carriers>

Do you mind elaborating a bit what would be the ODL role in this
solution/idea?
I suggest looking at the date of the proposal and the publication date
of https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1149 :)

Regards,
Robert


BR/Luis

On Apr 1, 2021, at 1:49 PM, Antonin Dejardin
<dejardin.antonin@... <mailto:dejardin.antonin@...>> wrote:

Good morning

I would like to propose to the openDaylight community the following
project:
https://wiki.opendaylight.org/display/ODL/IPoverCA
<https://wiki.opendaylight.org/display/ODL/IPoverCA>

Thank you in advance for your consideration

Kind Regards
Antonin






Re: IPoverCA project proposal

Robert Varga
 

On 02/04/2021 02:36, Luis Gomez wrote:
Wow, I have never seen an RFC as short as this one:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1149
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1149> and also an idea like this
before: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IP_over_Avian_Carriers
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IP_over_Avian_Carriers>

Do you mind elaborating a bit what would be the ODL role in this
solution/idea?
I suggest looking at the date of the proposal and the publication date
of https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1149 :)

Regards,
Robert


BR/Luis

On Apr 1, 2021, at 1:49 PM, Antonin Dejardin
<dejardin.antonin@... <mailto:dejardin.antonin@...>> wrote:

Good morning

I would like to propose to the openDaylight community the following
project:
https://wiki.opendaylight.org/display/ODL/IPoverCA
<https://wiki.opendaylight.org/display/ODL/IPoverCA>

Thank you in advance for your consideration

Kind Regards
Antonin






Re: IPoverCA project proposal

Luis Gomez
 

Or btw, is this is an April's fool joke :)

On Apr 1, 2021, at 5:36 PM, Luis Gomez via lists.opendaylight.org <ecelgp=gmail.com@...> wrote:

Wow, I have never seen an RFC as short as this one: https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1149 and also an idea like this before: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IP_over_Avian_Carriers

Do you mind elaborating a bit what would be the ODL role in this solution/idea?

BR/Luis

On Apr 1, 2021, at 1:49 PM, Antonin Dejardin <dejardin.antonin@...> wrote:

Good morning

I would like to propose to the openDaylight community the following project:

Thank you in advance for your consideration

Kind Regards
Antonin







Re: IPoverCA project proposal

Luis Gomez
 

Wow, I have never seen an RFC as short as this one: https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1149 and also an idea like this before: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IP_over_Avian_Carriers

Do you mind elaborating a bit what would be the ODL role in this solution/idea?

BR/Luis

On Apr 1, 2021, at 1:49 PM, Antonin Dejardin <dejardin.antonin@...> wrote:

Good morning

I would like to propose to the openDaylight community the following project:

Thank you in advance for your consideration

Kind Regards
Antonin





IPoverCA project proposal

Antonin Dejardin <dejardin.antonin@...>
 

Good morning

I would like to propose to the openDaylight community the following project:

Thank you in advance for your consideration

Kind Regards
Antonin


Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] New Project Proposal - Service Automation Framework

Prem Sankar Gopannan <pgopannan@...>
 

Hello Olivier,
   Thanks for your positive feedback.  I hope you got responses to your queries in ODL project proposal wiki.  Please let us know if you have additional questions.  We are opensourcing key components of the product called Lumina LEAP as ODL Service Automation Framework.  Here is a demo that highlights some of the functionalities - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uo24X-iZzfk
Regards,
Prem


On Tue, Mar 24, 2020 at 11:29 PM <olivier.dugeon@...> wrote:

Hello Prem,

The proposal sounds very good, and I have just some questions:

  • You mention Camunda/BPMN as interface to SAF. Do you take into account the work already done within ONAP? In other terms, is SAF could replace the DigiGraph provided by ONAP community and makes interface between the Service Orchestrator (Camunda) and the SDN-C (OpenDaylight)? Or it is a new way to integrate OpenDaylight within ONAP?
  • Some OpenDaylight projects (e.g. BGPCEP) already implement OpenConfig. How SAF will articulate with these projects?
  • Do you plan to incorporate some persistency in SAF? I mean to push configuration back after a reboot for example.

Best Regards

Olivier

Le 24/03/2020 à 16:31, Prem Sankar a écrit :
Hi All,

We are proposing a new project for service automation called Service Automation Framework. Please review and provide feedback on this new project proposal - [1].

Regards,
Prem





    
--
Orange logo

 

Olivier Dugeon
Orange Expert, Future Networks
Open Source Referent
Orange/IMT/OLN/WTC/IEE/iTeQ

 

fixe : +33 2 96 07 28 80
mobile : +33 6 82 90 37 85
olivier.dugeon@...
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ce message et ses pieces jointes peuvent contenir des informations confidentielles ou privilegiees et ne doivent donc
pas etre diffuses, exploites ou copies sans autorisation. Si vous avez recu ce message par erreur, veuillez le signaler
a l'expediteur et le detruire ainsi que les pieces jointes. Les messages electroniques etant susceptibles d'alteration,
Orange decline toute responsabilite si ce message a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie. Merci.

This message and its attachments may contain confidential or privileged information that may be protected by law;
they should not be distributed, used or copied without authorisation.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this message and its attachments.
As emails may be altered, Orange is not liable for messages that have been modified, changed or falsified.
Thank you.


Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] New Project Proposal - Service Automation Framework

olivier.dugeon@...
 

Hello Prem,

The proposal sounds very good, and I have just some questions:

  • You mention Camunda/BPMN as interface to SAF. Do you take into account the work already done within ONAP? In other terms, is SAF could replace the DigiGraph provided by ONAP community and makes interface between the Service Orchestrator (Camunda) and the SDN-C (OpenDaylight)? Or it is a new way to integrate OpenDaylight within ONAP?
  • Some OpenDaylight projects (e.g. BGPCEP) already implement OpenConfig. How SAF will articulate with these projects?
  • Do you plan to incorporate some persistency in SAF? I mean to push configuration back after a reboot for example.

Best Regards

Olivier

Le 24/03/2020 à 16:31, Prem Sankar a écrit :
Hi All,

We are proposing a new project for service automation called Service Automation Framework. Please review and provide feedback on this new project proposal - [1].

Regards,
Prem





    
--
Orange logo

 

Olivier Dugeon
Orange Expert, Future Networks
Open Source Referent
Orange/IMT/OLN/WTC/IEE/iTeQ

 

fixe : +33 2 96 07 28 80
mobile : +33 6 82 90 37 85
olivier.dugeon@...
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ce message et ses pieces jointes peuvent contenir des informations confidentielles ou privilegiees et ne doivent donc
pas etre diffuses, exploites ou copies sans autorisation. Si vous avez recu ce message par erreur, veuillez le signaler
a l'expediteur et le detruire ainsi que les pieces jointes. Les messages electroniques etant susceptibles d'alteration,
Orange decline toute responsabilite si ce message a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie. Merci.

This message and its attachments may contain confidential or privileged information that may be protected by law;
they should not be distributed, used or copied without authorisation.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this message and its attachments.
As emails may be altered, Orange is not liable for messages that have been modified, changed or falsified.
Thank you.


New Project Proposal - Service Automation Framework

Prem Sankar Gopannan <pgopannan@...>
 

Hi All,

We are proposing a new project for service automation called Service Automation Framework. Please review and provide feedback on this new project proposal - [1].

Regards,
Prem




ODL Micro Project review request

Tejas Nevrekar
 

Hi all,

I have created a new proposal for the ODL Micro Project here - https://wiki.lfnetworking.org/display/ODL/ODL+Micro+Project

This is to take forward the definition given in the Mg DDF.

I request you to please consider it and let me know next steps.

Regards,

Tejas. S. Nevrekar
Mobile: +91-99805 31339
Bangalore, INDIA.


are we meeting in the tws slot today?

daya k
 

hi all,
are we meeting to discuss the lightweight distribution effort during tws? i would like to join.

thanks,
daya


Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] [release] Micro distribution tech discussion

Abhijit Kumbhare
 

Do you guys want this on tomorrow's TSC call or do you want to continue over email?


On Tue, Dec 3, 2019 at 12:44 PM Luis Gomez <ecelgp@...> wrote:
Hi all,

I think we are losing some momentum to get something done in this release.

Let me comment on the questions that are blocking this project:

1) Relationship with other projects

I do not understand the first paragraph, can you elaborate or put an example of the problem.

Regarding the use-case packaging, can we just do the "Netconf controller" in Magnesium, that seems to be simple enough (included in Kernel projects) and what most folks I know are looking for. Later we can decide on more package flavors

2) Monlithic vs Modular service:

This seems more like a future improvement than an issue so no blocking or am I wrong?

3) Dependency injection:

What does Lighty support as dependency injection today? we can start with that to simplify.

4) Dynamic configuration:

Yes, we need changes in the existing projects to deal with the new packaging, but can we just start with Netconf in Magnesium and progressively add more projects in future releases?

5) CLI Integration:

Similar to 4) those projects interested in participating in the new packaging will have to go through some changes and/or lose some features but can we just focus on Netconf for this release?

As a summary, I do not think we have to resolve every project integration problem before we start doing anything here. Lets pick a simple use case like Netconf, start working on it, learn with the process and after add more projects. Does it make sense or am I missing something here?

BR/Luis



> On Nov 12, 2019, at 8:50 AM, Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:
>
>
>
> On 07/11/2019 20:22, Abhijit Kumbhare wrote:
>> Historically we have done it over email.
>
> Hello,
>
> I have updated the proposal to spell out gaps in our knowledge of the
> problem/solution domains here:
>
> https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Project_Proposals:Lighty#Open_questions
>
> We will need to provide some amount of answers in these before the
> proposal can be considered complete (and thus subject to review and
> approval).
>
> Please send in your comments to this thread, or provide edits of the
> page in case you have concrete data to be added to the existing text.
>
> Also, please indicate your willingness to work on the project by listing
> yourself in the committed resources -- based on the outcome of the
> collaboration, we (i.e. community) will pick a set of committers to make
> sure the project end up executing properly.
>
> Thanks,
> Robert
>
>
>
>>
>> On Thu, Nov 7, 2019 at 10:43 AM Tejas Nevrekar <tejas.nevrekar@...
>> <mailto:tejas.nevrekar@...>> wrote:
>>
>>    Hi all,
>>
>>    I did not find a way to add comments to the project page draft
>>    - https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Project_Proposals:Lighty.
>>
>>    Is there an alternate page or can we do email?
>>
>>    Regards,
>>
>>    Tejas. S. Nevrekar
>>    Mobile: +91-99805 31339
>>    Bangalore, INDIA.
>>
>>
>>    On Thu, Nov 7, 2019 at 1:14 PM Abhijit Kumbhare
>>    <abhijitkoss@... <mailto:abhijitkoss@...>> wrote:
>>
>>        Samuel,
>>
>>        When do you think you will be ready to move this project
>>        proposal beyond draft to an actual proposal by sending it to the
>>        mailing list for project proposals
>>        <project-proposals@...
>>        <https://lists.opendaylight.org/g/project-proposals>>?
>>
>>        Thanks,
>>        Abhijit -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
>>        Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.
>>
>>        View/Reply Online (#12188):
>>        https://lists.opendaylight.org/g/TSC/message/12188
>>        Mute This Topic: https://lists.opendaylight.org/mt/36487308/1217489
>>        Group Owner: TSC+owner@...
>>        <mailto:TSC%2Bowner@...>
>>        Unsubscribe: https://lists.opendaylight.org/g/TSC/unsub
>>        [tejas.nevrekar@... <mailto:tejas.nevrekar@...>]
>>        -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
>>
>>
>> -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
>> Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.
>>
>> View/Reply Online (#12193): https://lists.opendaylight.org/g/TSC/message/12193
>> Mute This Topic: https://lists.opendaylight.org/mt/36487308/1320659
>> Group Owner: TSC+owner@...
>> Unsubscribe: https://lists.opendaylight.org/g/TSC/unsub  [nite@...]
>> -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
>>
>
>
>
> -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
> Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.
>
> View/Reply Online (#12215): https://lists.opendaylight.org/g/TSC/message/12215
> Mute This Topic: https://lists.opendaylight.org/mt/36487308/1217165
> Group Owner: TSC+owner@...
> Unsubscribe: https://lists.opendaylight.org/g/TSC/unsub  [ecelgp@...]
> -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] [release] Micro distribution tech discussion

Luis Gomez
 

Hi all,

I think we are losing some momentum to get something done in this release.

Let me comment on the questions that are blocking this project:

1) Relationship with other projects

I do not understand the first paragraph, can you elaborate or put an example of the problem.

Regarding the use-case packaging, can we just do the "Netconf controller" in Magnesium, that seems to be simple enough (included in Kernel projects) and what most folks I know are looking for. Later we can decide on more package flavors

2) Monlithic vs Modular service:

This seems more like a future improvement than an issue so no blocking or am I wrong?

3) Dependency injection:

What does Lighty support as dependency injection today? we can start with that to simplify.

4) Dynamic configuration:

Yes, we need changes in the existing projects to deal with the new packaging, but can we just start with Netconf in Magnesium and progressively add more projects in future releases?

5) CLI Integration:

Similar to 4) those projects interested in participating in the new packaging will have to go through some changes and/or lose some features but can we just focus on Netconf for this release?

As a summary, I do not think we have to resolve every project integration problem before we start doing anything here. Lets pick a simple use case like Netconf, start working on it, learn with the process and after add more projects. Does it make sense or am I missing something here?

BR/Luis

On Nov 12, 2019, at 8:50 AM, Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:



On 07/11/2019 20:22, Abhijit Kumbhare wrote:
Historically we have done it over email.
Hello,

I have updated the proposal to spell out gaps in our knowledge of the
problem/solution domains here:

https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Project_Proposals:Lighty#Open_questions

We will need to provide some amount of answers in these before the
proposal can be considered complete (and thus subject to review and
approval).

Please send in your comments to this thread, or provide edits of the
page in case you have concrete data to be added to the existing text.

Also, please indicate your willingness to work on the project by listing
yourself in the committed resources -- based on the outcome of the
collaboration, we (i.e. community) will pick a set of committers to make
sure the project end up executing properly.

Thanks,
Robert




On Thu, Nov 7, 2019 at 10:43 AM Tejas Nevrekar <tejas.nevrekar@...
<mailto:tejas.nevrekar@...>> wrote:

Hi all,

I did not find a way to add comments to the project page draft
- https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Project_Proposals:Lighty.

Is there an alternate page or can we do email?

Regards,

Tejas. S. Nevrekar
Mobile: +91-99805 31339
Bangalore, INDIA.


On Thu, Nov 7, 2019 at 1:14 PM Abhijit Kumbhare
<abhijitkoss@... <mailto:abhijitkoss@...>> wrote:

Samuel,

When do you think you will be ready to move this project
proposal beyond draft to an actual proposal by sending it to the
mailing list for project proposals
<project-proposals@...
<https://lists.opendaylight.org/g/project-proposals>>?

Thanks,
Abhijit -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#12188):
https://lists.opendaylight.org/g/TSC/message/12188
Mute This Topic: https://lists.opendaylight.org/mt/36487308/1217489
Group Owner: TSC+owner@...
<mailto:TSC%2Bowner@...>
Unsubscribe: https://lists.opendaylight.org/g/TSC/unsub
[tejas.nevrekar@... <mailto:tejas.nevrekar@...>]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#12193): https://lists.opendaylight.org/g/TSC/message/12193
Mute This Topic: https://lists.opendaylight.org/mt/36487308/1320659
Group Owner: TSC+owner@...
Unsubscribe: https://lists.opendaylight.org/g/TSC/unsub [nite@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#12215): https://lists.opendaylight.org/g/TSC/message/12215
Mute This Topic: https://lists.opendaylight.org/mt/36487308/1217165
Group Owner: TSC+owner@...
Unsubscribe: https://lists.opendaylight.org/g/TSC/unsub [ecelgp@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] [release] Micro distribution tech discussion

Robert Varga
 

On 07/11/2019 20:22, Abhijit Kumbhare wrote:
Historically we have done it over email.
Hello,

I have updated the proposal to spell out gaps in our knowledge of the
problem/solution domains here:

https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Project_Proposals:Lighty#Open_questions

We will need to provide some amount of answers in these before the
proposal can be considered complete (and thus subject to review and
approval).

Please send in your comments to this thread, or provide edits of the
page in case you have concrete data to be added to the existing text.

Also, please indicate your willingness to work on the project by listing
yourself in the committed resources -- based on the outcome of the
collaboration, we (i.e. community) will pick a set of committers to make
sure the project end up executing properly.

Thanks,
Robert




On Thu, Nov 7, 2019 at 10:43 AM Tejas Nevrekar <tejas.nevrekar@...
<mailto:tejas.nevrekar@...>> wrote:

Hi all,

I did not find a way to add comments to the project page draft
https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Project_Proposals:Lighty. 

Is there an alternate page or can we do email? 

Regards,

Tejas. S. Nevrekar
Mobile: +91-99805 31339
Bangalore, INDIA.


On Thu, Nov 7, 2019 at 1:14 PM Abhijit Kumbhare
<abhijitkoss@... <mailto:abhijitkoss@...>> wrote:

Samuel,

When do you think you will be ready to move this project
proposal beyond draft to an actual proposal by sending it to the
mailing list for project proposals
<project-proposals@...
<https://lists.opendaylight.org/g/project-proposals>>?

Thanks,
Abhijit -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#12188):
https://lists.opendaylight.org/g/TSC/message/12188
Mute This Topic: https://lists.opendaylight.org/mt/36487308/1217489
Group Owner: TSC+owner@...
<mailto:TSC%2Bowner@...>
Unsubscribe: https://lists.opendaylight.org/g/TSC/unsub 
[tejas.nevrekar@... <mailto:tejas.nevrekar@...>]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.

View/Reply Online (#12193): https://lists.opendaylight.org/g/TSC/message/12193
Mute This Topic: https://lists.opendaylight.org/mt/36487308/1320659
Group Owner: TSC+owner@...
Unsubscribe: https://lists.opendaylight.org/g/TSC/unsub [nite@...]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-


Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] Project creation review needed for ODL/plastic

Robert Varga
 

On 26/09/2019 19:45, Allan Clarke wrote:
Greetings,
I am looking for the first step in accepting Plastic as an ODL project.
The project page is https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Project_Proposals:Plastic#Description
LGTM

Please let me know the next step.
+project-proposals. This starts the two week review period, after which the proposal can be tabled to TSC for Creation Review.

Regards,
Robert


Re: 答复: [lists.opendaylight.org代发][OpenDaylight TSC] TSC Attention: New project proposal discussion at DDF Tues 9 am Pacific: Alt-datastores

Yi Yang
 

Thanks Abhijit, I’ll dial in and join this discussion.

 

发件人: tsc-bounces@... [mailto:tsc-bounces@...] 代表 Abhijit Kumbhare
发送时间: 201942 2:05
收件人: tsc <tsc@...>
抄送: project-proposals <project-proposals@...>; lijiansong@...; jinkaiwen@...; 熊泉 <xiong.quan@...>; guobiaomo@...; zhangminyj@...
主题: [lists.opendaylight.org代发][OpenDaylight TSC] TSC Attention: New project proposal discussion at DDF Tues 9 am Pacific: Alt-datastores

 

Hi TSC members and others,

 

Please note that the Alt-Datastore project proposal has been out for review since March 21: https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Project_Proposals:Alt-datastores

 

We will be having a discussion where the project proposers will be explaining the project tomorrow at the DDF - as well as have an opportunity for the TSC and others to ask questions to the proposed project team before the TSC members can vote. Please attend. You can attend remotely if you cannot attend in-person. The logistics of dialing in are at: https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Events:Sodium_Dev_Forum#Logistics.

 

Basically:

 

9 am Pacific on Tuesday April 2, 2019

 

Thanks,

Abhijit

 

On Mon, Apr 1, 2019 at 6:29 AM Abhijit Kumbhare <abhijitkoss@...> wrote:

To avoid confusion and to have more notice to the TSC members - let us have this as the first session during the DDF tomorrow. I will send out the email to TSC after talking with Casey at the DDF - so that the TSC members will be present tomorrow for that session.

 

On Mon, Apr 1, 2019 at 2:30 AM Michael Vorburger <vorburger@...> wrote:

Abhijit,

 

> *Abhijit's answer:* 
> This Monday-Tuesday we have the DDF. Maybe Jie and you can do a remote
> session at the DDF? What time will work for you folks? (We would like to
> avoid late Tuesday afternoon Pacific time as some ONS related activities
> start).  

 

Jie and I would be willing to remotely join the DDF on https://zoom.us/j/265964615 to answer any Qs re. https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Project_Proposals:Alt-datastores.

 

We just checked the time zones and realized that for Jie in Beijing it's midnight when you start over there in California... is there any chance that you could squeeze this discussion in at the start? I shouldn't be very long (from our end). Looking at https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Events:Sodium_Dev_Forum I can see a packed schedule (great!), so we appreciate the flexibility, if it's possible.

 

Me and Jie will dial in on Zoom today, just to be available. If this is too late notice for today (sorry), then I suggest at the start (PST 9am) tomorrow as fallback.

 

Tx,

M.

--

Michael Vorburger, Red Hat
vorburger@... | IRC: vorburger @freenode | ~ = http://vorburger.ch

 

 

On Mon, Apr 1, 2019 at 6:41 AM <han.jie@...> wrote:

Scope paragraph has been updated:

Scope
1. Alt-datastores would inlude adapters of 3rd-party datastores, one adapter like Yongo should at least have ability of saving binding/normorlized data to a 3rd-party datastore;
2. Alt-datastores would replace CDS to provide the default DOMDataBroker serivce that is transparent to other components.
3. Multiple adatpers could be applied for repica data perpose.


原始邮件

发件人:nite<nite@...>

收件人:Abhijit Kumbhare<abhijitkoss@...>;vorburger<vorburger@...>;Casey Cain<ccain@...>;

抄送人:project-proposals;jinkaiwen@...;;熊泉00091065;guobiaomo@...;lijiansong<lijiansong@...>;zhangminyj@...;

日期:2019-03-31 07:37:37

主题:Re: [OpenDaylight TSC][lists.opendaylight.org代发]Re: Propose a new project: Alt-datastores

Hello,

having reviewed the proposal, I am not quite clear of points here:

- DataTreeChangeService paragraph seems to imply DataTreeChangeService
API contract is not being correctly implemented

- since the feature is integrated at DOMDataBroker level (as opposed at
DOMDataTreeService level), it is not clear how this would work in a
hybrid environment -- I don't quite see where inter-datastore
compatibility is solved. Most notably, it seems that RESTCONF is singled
out as 'special' and has a proxy injected, yet other applications use
specific datastores. How would a mix of CDS/Yongo/etcd-using
applications work and how does this relate to the MD-SAL APIs?

- project scope is a bit blurry. Can we get a clear, bullet-point list
of what the project is all about? The sentence 'For Restconf, it
requires users to rebuild 'restconf-nb-bierman02' and
'restconf-nb-rfc8040' to reference to DOMDataBroker and
DOMDataTreeChangeService with a new type.' feels like a hack, not like a
properly-architected solution. This leads me to believe the project does
not really integrate, as it does a whole-sale replacement of a single
implementation. This is going to a nightmare from packaging perspective,
at the very least.

- the proposal spells DOMRpcService, but does not mention
DOMActionService. RFC7950 makes a rather strong connection between the
operational store and DOMActionService -- what are the interactions
between these?

- what does the 'alt-ds-adapter' do? how does it relate to existing
MD-SAL interface?

- a flow diagram showing interactions between one application using etcd
and another using yongo, is definitely needed. Unless the proposal is to
have such applications live in isolated worlds -- in which case it needs
to be explictly spelled out.

The project proposal has underwent rapid expansion in the few weeks it's
been out and I feel the problem domain is still being explored -- there
are architectural questions which seem to be far from having been
considered, let alone having concrete questions.

I would therefore ask for the review period to be extended, so the
proposal can be fleshed out, especially its interactions with MD-SAL
APIs, packaging and migration point of view.

Note: I am not asking for them to be completely resolved, but rather for
the problems to be acknowledged and a rough outline of a solution to be
brought into the scope of the project or an explicit exclusion added.

Thanks,
Robert

On 30/03/2019 01:30, Abhijit Kumbhare wrote:
> *For Michael's first questions:*
> Isn't there any way we can move on this next week? How about we use that
> TWS slot on Monday where there normally is no agenda for a discussion
> about this with anyone interested?

> *Abhijit's answer:* 
> This Monday-Tuesday we have the DDF. Maybe Jie and you can do a remote
> session at the DDF? What time will work for you folks? (We would like to
> avoid late Tuesday afternoon Pacific time as some ONS related activities
> start).  

> *For Michael's other questions:* 
> Or even just use this email thread to progress asynchronously... does
> anyone reading this have any objections to this project proposal? If
> not, let's just have a vote ASAP?

> *Abhijit's** answer:* 
> In the past, the TSC has offered projects in other timezones to skip
> presenting about the project and for the TSC to vote. In this case it
> certainly makes sense. However there has to be a two week review period
> (as per the creation review process) - which in this case would be March
> 21st to April 3. I will initiate a vote on April 3. 


> On Fri, Mar 29, 2019 at 3:32 AM Michael Vorburger <vorburger@...
> <mailto:vorburger@...>> wrote:

>     On Fri, Mar 29, 2019 at 4:02 AM Abhijit Kumbhare
>     <abhijitkoss@... <mailto:abhijitkoss@...>> wrote:

>         Ok - Michael can you please confirm?


>     I'm on PTO that (and the following) week. Isn't there any way we can
>     move on this next week?

>     How about we use that TWS slot on Monday where there normally is no
>     agenda for a discussion about this with anyone interested?

>     Or even just use this email thread to progress asynchronously...
>     does anyone reading this have any objections to this project
>     proposal? If not, let's just have a vote ASAP?

>     PS: Sorry I missed yesterday's TSC meeting; something unexpected
>     came up.
>      

>         On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 5:40 PM <han.jie@...
>         <mailto:han.jie@...>> wrote:

>             Then how about we push it back to April 18th?


>             Thanks,

>             Jie

>             
原始邮件
>             *
发件人:*MichaelVorburger <vorburger@...
>             <mailto:vorburger@...>>
>             *
收件人:*Abhijit Kumbhare <abhijitkoss@...
>             <mailto:abhijitkoss@...>>;
>             *
抄送人:*project-proposals@...
>             <mailto:project-proposals@...>
>             <project-proposals@...
>             <mailto:project-proposals@...>>;jinkaiwen@...
>             <mailto:jinkaiwen@...>
>             <jinkaiwen@...
>             <mailto:jinkaiwen@...>>;__<tsc@...
>             <mailto:tsc@...>>;__
熊泉
>             00091065;guobiaomo@...
>             <mailto:guobiaomo@...>
>             <guobiaomo@...
>             <mailto:guobiaomo@...>>;lijiansong@...
>             <mailto:lijiansong@...>
>             <lijiansong@...
>             <mailto:lijiansong@...>>;zhangminyj@...
>             <mailto:zhangminyj@...>
>             <zhangminyj@...
>             <mailto:zhangminyj@...>>;
>             *
  *20190328 17:06
>             *
  **Re: [OpenDaylight TSC][lists.opendaylight.org
>             <http://lists.opendaylight.org>
代发]Re:  Propose a new
>             project: Alt-datastores*
>             _______________________________________________
>             TSC mailing list
>             TSC@... <mailto:TSC@...>
>             https://lists.opendaylight.org/mailman/listinfo/tsc


>             I just realized that I won't be able to attend the TSC
>             meeting on April 11th (due to school vacation starting here
>             that Friday and related personal plans).

>             If the agenda on today's TSC call is not overly full
>             already, perhaps we could discuss this project proposal today? 


>             On Sat, 23 Mar 2019, 04:18 Abhijit Kumbhare,
>             <abhijitkoss@... <mailto:abhijitkoss@...>> wrote:

>                 The meeting is every Thursday. The details of the
>                 meeting are
>                 at: https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/TSC:Meeting. So
>                 yes - the Zoom link is a permanent link for the meeting.


>                 On Fri, Mar 22, 2019 at 4:59 PM Yi Yang (
杨燚)-云服务集
>                 
 <yangyi01@... <mailto:yangyi01@...>> wrote:

>                     Is next TSC meeting 9:00 AM US Pacific Time On
>                     Thursday, April 11? Is it biweekly? I’ll join this
>                     call for discussion, is this one
>                     https://zoom.us/j/219174946 is permanent meeting
>                     link for it? Anybody can help confirm? Thank you in
>                     advance.

>                      

>                     *
发件人:*tsc-bounces@...
>                     <mailto:tsc-bounces@...>
>                     [mailto:tsc-bounces@...
>                     <mailto:tsc-bounces@...>] *
代表
>                     *Michael Vorburger
>                     *
发送时间:*201932218:34
>                     *
收件人:*Abhijit Kumbhare <abhijitkoss@...
>                     <mailto:abhijitkoss@...>>
>                     *
抄送:*project-proposals@...
>                     <mailto:project-proposals@...>;
>                     jinkaiwen@...
>                     <mailto:jinkaiwen@...>;
>                     <tsc@...
>                     <mailto:tsc@...>>
>                     <tsc@...
>                     <mailto:tsc@...>>;
>                     xiong.quan@...
>                     <mailto:xiong.quan@...>;
>                     guobiaomo@...
>                     <mailto:guobiaomo@...>;
>                     lijiansong@...
>                     <mailto:lijiansong@...>;
>                     zhangminyj@...
>                     <mailto:zhangminyj@...>
>                     *
主题:*[lists.opendaylight.org
>                     <http://lists.opendaylight.org>
代发]Re:
>                     [OpenDaylight TSC] Propose a new project: Alt-datastores

>                      

>                     On Fri, Mar 22, 2019 at 7:32 AM Abhijit Kumbhare
>                     <abhijitkoss@...
>                     <mailto:abhijitkoss@...>> wrote:

>                         Thank you Jie!

>                          

>                         On Thu, Mar 21, 2019 at 6:37 PM
>                         <han.jie@... <mailto:han.jie@...>>
>                         wrote:

>                             Mr. Chairman, 

>                             Thank you for the arrangement. I will attend
>                             the meeting, will M. and others too?

>                     I'll attend the TSC meeting on April 11.

>                             During the review period,  discussion and
>                             any question is very welcome about the
>                             Alt-datastores.

>                              

>                             Thanks,

>                             Jie


>                                 

>                             
原始邮件

>                             *
发件人:*AbhijitKumbhare
>                             <abhijitkoss@...
>                             <mailto:abhijitkoss@...>>

>                             *
收件人:*韩杰10054376;

>                             *
抄送人:*project-proposals
>                             <project-proposals@...
>                             <mailto:project-proposals@...>>;tsc
>                             <tsc@...
>                             <mailto:tsc@...>>;Michael
>                             Vorburger <vorburger@...
>                             <mailto:vorburger@...>>;
熊泉
>                             00091065;lijiansong@...
>                             <mailto:00091065%3Blijiansong@...>
>                             <lijiansong@...
>                             <mailto:lijiansong@...>>;guobiao.mo@...
>                             <mailto:guobiao.mo@...>
>                             <guobiao.mo@...
>                             <mailto:guobiao.mo@...>>;zhangminyj@...
>                             <mailto:zhangminyj@...>
>                             <zhangminyj@...
>                             <mailto:zhangminyj@...>>;jinkaiwen@...
>                             <mailto:jinkaiwen@...>
>                             <jinkaiwen@...
>                             <mailto:jinkaiwen@...>>;

>                             *
  *2019032208:06

>                             *
  Re: Propose a new project:
>                             Alt-datastores*

>                             Jie, Michael and folks,

>                             You have submitted the project proposal
>                             today March 21. The next steps would be to
>                             have the creation review for the project in
>                             a TSC meeting after a two week review
>                             period. Ordinarily two weeks would have
>                             placed the review in the April 4th TSC
>                             meeting. Since several of us will be at the
>                             ONS, North America on that date and will
>                             also be meeting in person at the
>                             OpenDaylight DDF on April 1-2, we will
>                             likely cancel that week's meeting. Hence, it
>                             makes sense to have the review in the TSC
>                             meeting on April 11.

>                             Would it be possible for you folks to attend
>                             that meeting? Logistics (web
>                             conference/dial-in) of the TSC meetings are
>                             at: https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/TSC:Meeting.

>                              

>                             Thanks,

>                             Abhijit

>                              

>                              

>                             On Thu, Mar 21, 2019 at 2:35 AM
>                             <han.jie@...
>                             <mailto:han.jie@...>> wrote:

>                                  

>                                 Dear Abhijit and all, 
>                                 I together with Michael Vorburger and
>                                 team members from China Mobile and China
>                                 Telecom want to propose a new project in
>                                 ODL called Alt-datastores. 
>                                 The topic of this project has alaways
>                                 been discussed in the past. ODL will be
>                                 able to support a 3rd-party datastore
>                                 with our project.
>                                 The details is as the proposal shown:
>                                  https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Project_Proposals:Alt-datastores

>                                 Please let me know what should I do next. 

>                                 Best Regards, 
>                                 Jie

>                                  

>                                 
韩杰 hanjie

>                                 
软件开发工程师 Software Developer
>                                 
软件平台南京开发一部/有线研究院/有线产品
>                                 
经营部  

>                                 Software Platform Nanjing Development
>                                 Dept I/Wireline Product R&D
>                                 Institute/Wireline Product Operation
>                                 Division


>                                     

>                                  



> _______________________________________________
> TSC mailing list
TSC@...
https://lists.opendaylight.org/mailman/listinfo/tsc


_______________________________________________
TSC mailing list
TSC@...
https://lists.opendaylight.org/mailman/listinfo/tsc


TSC Attention: New project proposal discussion at DDF Tues 9 am Pacific: Alt-datastores

Abhijit Kumbhare
 

Hi TSC members and others,

Please note that the Alt-Datastore project proposal has been out for review since March 21: https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Project_Proposals:Alt-datastores

We will be having a discussion where the project proposers will be explaining the project tomorrow at the DDF - as well as have an opportunity for the TSC and others to ask questions to the proposed project team before the TSC members can vote. Please attend. You can attend remotely if you cannot attend in-person. The logistics of dialing in are at: https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Events:Sodium_Dev_Forum#Logistics.

Basically:

9 am Pacific on Tuesday April 2, 2019

Thanks,
Abhijit

On Mon, Apr 1, 2019 at 6:29 AM Abhijit Kumbhare <abhijitkoss@...> wrote:
To avoid confusion and to have more notice to the TSC members - let us have this as the first session during the DDF tomorrow. I will send out the email to TSC after talking with Casey at the DDF - so that the TSC members will be present tomorrow for that session.

On Mon, Apr 1, 2019 at 2:30 AM Michael Vorburger <vorburger@...> wrote:
Abhijit,

> *Abhijit's answer:* 
> This Monday-Tuesday we have the DDF. Maybe Jie and you can do a remote
> session at the DDF? What time will work for you folks? (We would like to
> avoid late Tuesday afternoon Pacific time as some ONS related activities
> start).  

Jie and I would be willing to remotely join the DDF on https://zoom.us/j/265964615 to answer any Qs re. https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Project_Proposals:Alt-datastores.

We just checked the time zones and realized that for Jie in Beijing it's midnight when you start over there in California... is there any chance that you could squeeze this discussion in at the start? I shouldn't be very long (from our end). Looking at https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Events:Sodium_Dev_Forum I can see a packed schedule (great!), so we appreciate the flexibility, if it's possible.

Me and Jie will dial in on Zoom today, just to be available. If this is too late notice for today (sorry), then I suggest at the start (PST 9am) tomorrow as fallback.

Tx,
M.
--
Michael Vorburger, Red Hat
vorburger@... | IRC: vorburger @freenode | ~ = http://vorburger.ch


On Mon, Apr 1, 2019 at 6:41 AM <han.jie@...> wrote:
Scope paragraph has been updated:

Scope
1. Alt-datastores would inlude adapters of 3rd-party datastores, one adapter like Yongo should at least have ability of saving binding/normorlized data to a 3rd-party datastore;
2. Alt-datastores would replace CDS to provide the default DOMDataBroker serivce that is transparent to other components.
3. Multiple adatpers could be applied for repica data perpose.



原始邮件
发件人:nite<nite@...>
收件人:Abhijit Kumbhare<abhijitkoss@...>;vorburger<vorburger@...>;Casey Cain<ccain@...>;
抄送人:project-proposals;jinkaiwen@...;;熊泉00091065;guobiaomo@...;lijiansong<lijiansong@...>;zhangminyj@...;
日期:2019-03-31 07:37:37
主题:Re: [OpenDaylight TSC][lists.opendaylight.org代发]Re: Propose a new project: Alt-datastores

Hello,

having reviewed the proposal, I am not quite clear of points here:

- DataTreeChangeService paragraph seems to imply DataTreeChangeService
API contract is not being correctly implemented

- since the feature is integrated at DOMDataBroker level (as opposed at
DOMDataTreeService level), it is not clear how this would work in a
hybrid environment -- I don't quite see where inter-datastore
compatibility is solved. Most notably, it seems that RESTCONF is singled
out as 'special' and has a proxy injected, yet other applications use
specific datastores. How would a mix of CDS/Yongo/etcd-using
applications work and how does this relate to the MD-SAL APIs?

- project scope is a bit blurry. Can we get a clear, bullet-point list
of what the project is all about? The sentence 'For Restconf, it
requires users to rebuild 'restconf-nb-bierman02' and
'restconf-nb-rfc8040' to reference to DOMDataBroker and
DOMDataTreeChangeService with a new type.' feels like a hack, not like a
properly-architected solution. This leads me to believe the project does
not really integrate, as it does a whole-sale replacement of a single
implementation. This is going to a nightmare from packaging perspective,
at the very least.

- the proposal spells DOMRpcService, but does not mention
DOMActionService. RFC7950 makes a rather strong connection between the
operational store and DOMActionService -- what are the interactions
between these?

- what does the 'alt-ds-adapter' do? how does it relate to existing
MD-SAL interface?

- a flow diagram showing interactions between one application using etcd
and another using yongo, is definitely needed. Unless the proposal is to
have such applications live in isolated worlds -- in which case it needs
to be explictly spelled out.

The project proposal has underwent rapid expansion in the few weeks it's
been out and I feel the problem domain is still being explored -- there
are architectural questions which seem to be far from having been
considered, let alone having concrete questions.

I would therefore ask for the review period to be extended, so the
proposal can be fleshed out, especially its interactions with MD-SAL
APIs, packaging and migration point of view.

Note: I am not asking for them to be completely resolved, but rather for
the problems to be acknowledged and a rough outline of a solution to be
brought into the scope of the project or an explicit exclusion added.

Thanks,
Robert

On 30/03/2019 01:30, Abhijit Kumbhare wrote:
> *For Michael's first questions:*
> Isn't there any way we can move on this next week? How about we use that
> TWS slot on Monday where there normally is no agenda for a discussion
> about this with anyone interested?

> *Abhijit's answer:* 
> This Monday-Tuesday we have the DDF. Maybe Jie and you can do a remote
> session at the DDF? What time will work for you folks? (We would like to
> avoid late Tuesday afternoon Pacific time as some ONS related activities
> start).  

> *For Michael's other questions:* 
> Or even just use this email thread to progress asynchronously... does
> anyone reading this have any objections to this project proposal? If
> not, let's just have a vote ASAP?

> *Abhijit's** answer:* 
> In the past, the TSC has offered projects in other timezones to skip
> presenting about the project and for the TSC to vote. In this case it
> certainly makes sense. However there has to be a two week review period
> (as per the creation review process) - which in this case would be March
> 21st to April 3. I will initiate a vote on April 3. 


> On Fri, Mar 29, 2019 at 3:32 AM Michael Vorburger <vorburger@...
> <mailto:vorburger@...>> wrote:

>     On Fri, Mar 29, 2019 at 4:02 AM Abhijit Kumbhare
>     <abhijitkoss@... <mailto:abhijitkoss@...>> wrote:

>         Ok - Michael can you please confirm?


>     I'm on PTO that (and the following) week. Isn't there any way we can
>     move on this next week?

>     How about we use that TWS slot on Monday where there normally is no
>     agenda for a discussion about this with anyone interested?

>     Or even just use this email thread to progress asynchronously...
>     does anyone reading this have any objections to this project
>     proposal? If not, let's just have a vote ASAP?

>     PS: Sorry I missed yesterday's TSC meeting; something unexpected
>     came up.
>      

>         On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 5:40 PM <han.jie@...
>         <mailto:han.jie@...>> wrote:

>             Then how about we push it back to April 18th?


>             Thanks,

>             Jie

>             原始邮件
>             *发件人:*MichaelVorburger <vorburger@...
>             <mailto:vorburger@...>>
>             *收件人:*Abhijit Kumbhare <abhijitkoss@...
>             <mailto:abhijitkoss@...>>;
>             *抄送人:*project-proposals@...
>             <mailto:project-proposals@...>
>             <project-proposals@...
>             <mailto:project-proposals@...>>;jinkaiwen@...
>             <mailto:jinkaiwen@...>
>             <jinkaiwen@...
>             <mailto:jinkaiwen@...>>;__<tsc@...
>             <mailto:tsc@...>>;__熊泉
>             00091065;guobiaomo@...
>             <mailto:guobiaomo@...>
>             <guobiaomo@...
>             <mailto:guobiaomo@...>>;lijiansong@...
>             <mailto:lijiansong@...>
>             <lijiansong@...
>             <mailto:lijiansong@...>>;zhangminyj@...
>             <mailto:zhangminyj@...>
>             <zhangminyj@...
>             <mailto:zhangminyj@...>>;
>             *日 期 :*2019年03月28日 17:06
>             *主 题 :**Re: [OpenDaylight TSC][lists.opendaylight.org
>             <http://lists.opendaylight.org>代发]Re:  Propose a new
>             project: Alt-datastores*
>             _______________________________________________
>             TSC mailing list
>             TSC@... <mailto:TSC@...>
>             https://lists.opendaylight.org/mailman/listinfo/tsc


>             I just realized that I won't be able to attend the TSC
>             meeting on April 11th (due to school vacation starting here
>             that Friday and related personal plans).

>             If the agenda on today's TSC call is not overly full
>             already, perhaps we could discuss this project proposal today? 


>             On Sat, 23 Mar 2019, 04:18 Abhijit Kumbhare,
>             <abhijitkoss@... <mailto:abhijitkoss@...>> wrote:

>                 The meeting is every Thursday. The details of the
>                 meeting are
>                 at: https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/TSC:Meeting. So
>                 yes - the Zoom link is a permanent link for the meeting.


>                 On Fri, Mar 22, 2019 at 4:59 PM Yi Yang (杨燚)-云服务集
>                 团 <yangyi01@... <mailto:yangyi01@...>> wrote:

>                     Is next TSC meeting 9:00 AM US Pacific Time On
>                     Thursday, April 11? Is it biweekly? I’ll join this
>                     call for discussion, is this one
>                     https://zoom.us/j/219174946 is permanent meeting
>                     link for it? Anybody can help confirm? Thank you in
>                     advance.

>                      

>                     *发件人:*tsc-bounces@...
>                     <mailto:tsc-bounces@...>
>                     [mailto:tsc-bounces@...
>                     <mailto:tsc-bounces@...>] *代表
>                     *Michael Vorburger
>                     *发送时间:*2019年3月22日18:34
>                     *收件人:*Abhijit Kumbhare <abhijitkoss@...
>                     <mailto:abhijitkoss@...>>
>                     *抄送:*project-proposals@...
>                     <mailto:project-proposals@...>;
>                     jinkaiwen@...
>                     <mailto:jinkaiwen@...>;
>                     <tsc@...
>                     <mailto:tsc@...>>
>                     <tsc@...
>                     <mailto:tsc@...>>;
>                     xiong.quan@...
>                     <mailto:xiong.quan@...>;
>                     guobiaomo@...
>                     <mailto:guobiaomo@...>;
>                     lijiansong@...
>                     <mailto:lijiansong@...>;
>                     zhangminyj@...
>                     <mailto:zhangminyj@...>
>                     *主题:*[lists.opendaylight.org
>                     <http://lists.opendaylight.org>代发]Re:
>                     [OpenDaylight TSC] Propose a new project: Alt-datastores

>                      

>                     On Fri, Mar 22, 2019 at 7:32 AM Abhijit Kumbhare
>                     <abhijitkoss@...
>                     <mailto:abhijitkoss@...>> wrote:

>                         Thank you Jie!

>                          

>                         On Thu, Mar 21, 2019 at 6:37 PM
>                         <han.jie@... <mailto:han.jie@...>>
>                         wrote:

>                             Mr. Chairman, 

>                             Thank you for the arrangement. I will attend
>                             the meeting, will M. and others too?

>                     I'll attend the TSC meeting on April 11.

>                             During the review period,  discussion and
>                             any question is very welcome about the
>                             Alt-datastores.

>                              

>                             Thanks,

>                             Jie


>                                 

>                             原始邮件

>                             *发件人:*AbhijitKumbhare
>                             <abhijitkoss@...
>                             <mailto:abhijitkoss@...>>

>                             *收件人:*韩杰10054376;

>                             *抄送人:*project-proposals
>                             <project-proposals@...
>                             <mailto:project-proposals@...>>;tsc
>                             <tsc@...
>                             <mailto:tsc@...>>;Michael
>                             Vorburger <vorburger@...
>                             <mailto:vorburger@...>>;熊泉
>                             00091065;lijiansong@...
>                             <mailto:00091065%3Blijiansong@...>
>                             <lijiansong@...
>                             <mailto:lijiansong@...>>;guobiao.mo@...
>                             <mailto:guobiao.mo@...>
>                             <guobiao.mo@...
>                             <mailto:guobiao.mo@...>>;zhangminyj@...
>                             <mailto:zhangminyj@...>
>                             <zhangminyj@...
>                             <mailto:zhangminyj@...>>;jinkaiwen@...
>                             <mailto:jinkaiwen@...>
>                             <jinkaiwen@...
>                             <mailto:jinkaiwen@...>>;

>                             *日 期 :*2019年03月22日08:06

>                             *主 题 :Re: Propose a new project:
>                             Alt-datastores*

>                             Jie, Michael and folks,

>                             You have submitted the project proposal
>                             today March 21. The next steps would be to
>                             have the creation review for the project in
>                             a TSC meeting after a two week review
>                             period. Ordinarily two weeks would have
>                             placed the review in the April 4th TSC
>                             meeting. Since several of us will be at the
>                             ONS, North America on that date and will
>                             also be meeting in person at the
>                             OpenDaylight DDF on April 1-2, we will
>                             likely cancel that week's meeting. Hence, it
>                             makes sense to have the review in the TSC
>                             meeting on April 11.

>                             Would it be possible for you folks to attend
>                             that meeting? Logistics (web
>                             conference/dial-in) of the TSC meetings are
>                             at: https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/TSC:Meeting.

>                              

>                             Thanks,

>                             Abhijit

>                              

>                              

>                             On Thu, Mar 21, 2019 at 2:35 AM
>                             <han.jie@...
>                             <mailto:han.jie@...>> wrote:

>                                  

>                                 Dear Abhijit and all, 
>                                 I together with Michael Vorburger and
>                                 team members from China Mobile and China
>                                 Telecom want to propose a new project in
>                                 ODL called Alt-datastores. 
>                                 The topic of this project has alaways
>                                 been discussed in the past. ODL will be
>                                 able to support a 3rd-party datastore
>                                 with our project.
>                                 The details is as the proposal shown:
>                                  https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Project_Proposals:Alt-datastores

>                                 Please let me know what should I do next. 

>                                 Best Regards, 
>                                 Jie

>                                  

>                                 韩杰 hanjie

>                                 软件开发工程师 Software Developer
>                                 软件平台南京开发一部/有线研究院/有线产品
>                                 经营部  

>                                 Software Platform Nanjing Development
>                                 Dept I/Wireline Product R&D
>                                 Institute/Wireline Product Operation
>                                 Division


>                                     

>                                  



> _______________________________________________
> TSC mailing list
TSC@...
https://lists.opendaylight.org/mailman/listinfo/tsc


_______________________________________________
TSC mailing list
TSC@...
https://lists.opendaylight.org/mailman/listinfo/tsc


Re: [OpenDaylight TSC][lists.opendaylight.org代发]Re: Propose a new project: Alt-datastores

Abhijit Kumbhare
 

To avoid confusion and to have more notice to the TSC members - let us have this as the first session during the DDF tomorrow. I will send out the email to TSC after talking with Casey at the DDF - so that the TSC members will be present tomorrow for that session.


On Mon, Apr 1, 2019 at 2:30 AM Michael Vorburger <vorburger@...> wrote:
Abhijit,

> *Abhijit's answer:* 
> This Monday-Tuesday we have the DDF. Maybe Jie and you can do a remote
> session at the DDF? What time will work for you folks? (We would like to
> avoid late Tuesday afternoon Pacific time as some ONS related activities
> start). 

Jie and I would be willing to remotely join the DDF on https://zoom.us/j/265964615 to answer any Qs re. https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Project_Proposals:Alt-datastores.

We just checked the time zones and realized that for Jie in Beijing it's midnight when you start over there in California... is there any chance that you could squeeze this discussion in at the start? I shouldn't be very long (from our end). Looking at https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Events:Sodium_Dev_Forum I can see a packed schedule (great!), so we appreciate the flexibility, if it's possible.

Me and Jie will dial in on Zoom today, just to be available. If this is too late notice for today (sorry), then I suggest at the start (PST 9am) tomorrow as fallback.

Tx,
M.
--
Michael Vorburger, Red Hat
vorburger@... | IRC: vorburger @freenode | ~ = http://vorburger.ch


On Mon, Apr 1, 2019 at 6:41 AM <han.jie@...> wrote:
Scope paragraph has been updated:

Scope
1. Alt-datastores would inlude adapters of 3rd-party datastores, one adapter like Yongo should at least have ability of saving binding/normorlized data to a 3rd-party datastore;
2. Alt-datastores would replace CDS to provide the default DOMDataBroker serivce that is transparent to other components.
3. Multiple adatpers could be applied for repica data perpose.



原始邮件
发件人:nite<nite@...>
收件人:Abhijit Kumbhare<abhijitkoss@...>;vorburger<vorburger@...>;Casey Cain<ccain@...>;
抄送人:project-proposals;jinkaiwen@...;;熊泉00091065;guobiaomo@...;lijiansong<lijiansong@...>;zhangminyj@...;
日期:2019-03-31 07:37:37
主题:Re: [OpenDaylight TSC][lists.opendaylight.org代发]Re: Propose a new project: Alt-datastores

Hello,

having reviewed the proposal, I am not quite clear of points here:

- DataTreeChangeService paragraph seems to imply DataTreeChangeService
API contract is not being correctly implemented

- since the feature is integrated at DOMDataBroker level (as opposed at
DOMDataTreeService level), it is not clear how this would work in a
hybrid environment -- I don't quite see where inter-datastore
compatibility is solved. Most notably, it seems that RESTCONF is singled
out as 'special' and has a proxy injected, yet other applications use
specific datastores. How would a mix of CDS/Yongo/etcd-using
applications work and how does this relate to the MD-SAL APIs?

- project scope is a bit blurry. Can we get a clear, bullet-point list
of what the project is all about? The sentence 'For Restconf, it
requires users to rebuild 'restconf-nb-bierman02' and
'restconf-nb-rfc8040' to reference to DOMDataBroker and
DOMDataTreeChangeService with a new type.' feels like a hack, not like a
properly-architected solution. This leads me to believe the project does
not really integrate, as it does a whole-sale replacement of a single
implementation. This is going to a nightmare from packaging perspective,
at the very least.

- the proposal spells DOMRpcService, but does not mention
DOMActionService. RFC7950 makes a rather strong connection between the
operational store and DOMActionService -- what are the interactions
between these?

- what does the 'alt-ds-adapter' do? how does it relate to existing
MD-SAL interface?

- a flow diagram showing interactions between one application using etcd
and another using yongo, is definitely needed. Unless the proposal is to
have such applications live in isolated worlds -- in which case it needs
to be explictly spelled out.

The project proposal has underwent rapid expansion in the few weeks it's
been out and I feel the problem domain is still being explored -- there
are architectural questions which seem to be far from having been
considered, let alone having concrete questions.

I would therefore ask for the review period to be extended, so the
proposal can be fleshed out, especially its interactions with MD-SAL
APIs, packaging and migration point of view.

Note: I am not asking for them to be completely resolved, but rather for
the problems to be acknowledged and a rough outline of a solution to be
brought into the scope of the project or an explicit exclusion added.

Thanks,
Robert

On 30/03/2019 01:30, Abhijit Kumbhare wrote:
> *For Michael's first questions:*
> Isn't there any way we can move on this next week? How about we use that
> TWS slot on Monday where there normally is no agenda for a discussion
> about this with anyone interested?

> *Abhijit's answer:* 
> This Monday-Tuesday we have the DDF. Maybe Jie and you can do a remote
> session at the DDF? What time will work for you folks? (We would like to
> avoid late Tuesday afternoon Pacific time as some ONS related activities
> start).  

> *For Michael's other questions:* 
> Or even just use this email thread to progress asynchronously... does
> anyone reading this have any objections to this project proposal? If
> not, let's just have a vote ASAP?

> *Abhijit's** answer:* 
> In the past, the TSC has offered projects in other timezones to skip
> presenting about the project and for the TSC to vote. In this case it
> certainly makes sense. However there has to be a two week review period
> (as per the creation review process) - which in this case would be March
> 21st to April 3. I will initiate a vote on April 3. 


> On Fri, Mar 29, 2019 at 3:32 AM Michael Vorburger <vorburger@...
> <mailto:vorburger@...>> wrote:

>     On Fri, Mar 29, 2019 at 4:02 AM Abhijit Kumbhare
>     <abhijitkoss@... <mailto:abhijitkoss@...>> wrote:

>         Ok - Michael can you please confirm?


>     I'm on PTO that (and the following) week. Isn't there any way we can
>     move on this next week?

>     How about we use that TWS slot on Monday where there normally is no
>     agenda for a discussion about this with anyone interested?

>     Or even just use this email thread to progress asynchronously...
>     does anyone reading this have any objections to this project
>     proposal? If not, let's just have a vote ASAP?

>     PS: Sorry I missed yesterday's TSC meeting; something unexpected
>     came up.
>      

>         On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 5:40 PM <han.jie@...
>         <mailto:han.jie@...>> wrote:

>             Then how about we push it back to April 18th?


>             Thanks,

>             Jie

>             原始邮件
>             *发件人:*MichaelVorburger <vorburger@...
>             <mailto:vorburger@...>>
>             *收件人:*Abhijit Kumbhare <abhijitkoss@...
>             <mailto:abhijitkoss@...>>;
>             *抄送人:*project-proposals@...
>             <mailto:project-proposals@...>
>             <project-proposals@...
>             <mailto:project-proposals@...>>;jinkaiwen@...
>             <mailto:jinkaiwen@...>
>             <jinkaiwen@...
>             <mailto:jinkaiwen@...>>;__<tsc@...
>             <mailto:tsc@...>>;__熊泉
>             00091065;guobiaomo@...
>             <mailto:guobiaomo@...>
>             <guobiaomo@...
>             <mailto:guobiaomo@...>>;lijiansong@...
>             <mailto:lijiansong@...>
>             <lijiansong@...
>             <mailto:lijiansong@...>>;zhangminyj@...
>             <mailto:zhangminyj@...>
>             <zhangminyj@...
>             <mailto:zhangminyj@...>>;
>             *日 期 :*2019年03月28日 17:06
>             *主 题 :**Re: [OpenDaylight TSC][lists.opendaylight.org
>             <http://lists.opendaylight.org>代发]Re:  Propose a new
>             project: Alt-datastores*
>             _______________________________________________
>             TSC mailing list
>             TSC@... <mailto:TSC@...>
>             https://lists.opendaylight.org/mailman/listinfo/tsc


>             I just realized that I won't be able to attend the TSC
>             meeting on April 11th (due to school vacation starting here
>             that Friday and related personal plans).

>             If the agenda on today's TSC call is not overly full
>             already, perhaps we could discuss this project proposal today? 


>             On Sat, 23 Mar 2019, 04:18 Abhijit Kumbhare,
>             <abhijitkoss@... <mailto:abhijitkoss@...>> wrote:

>                 The meeting is every Thursday. The details of the
>                 meeting are
>                 at: https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/TSC:Meeting. So
>                 yes - the Zoom link is a permanent link for the meeting.


>                 On Fri, Mar 22, 2019 at 4:59 PM Yi Yang (杨燚)-云服务集
>                 团 <yangyi01@... <mailto:yangyi01@...>> wrote:

>                     Is next TSC meeting 9:00 AM US Pacific Time On
>                     Thursday, April 11? Is it biweekly? I’ll join this
>                     call for discussion, is this one
>                     https://zoom.us/j/219174946 is permanent meeting
>                     link for it? Anybody can help confirm? Thank you in
>                     advance.

>                      

>                     *发件人:*tsc-bounces@...
>                     <mailto:tsc-bounces@...>
>                     [mailto:tsc-bounces@...
>                     <mailto:tsc-bounces@...>] *代表
>                     *Michael Vorburger
>                     *发送时间:*2019年3月22日18:34
>                     *收件人:*Abhijit Kumbhare <abhijitkoss@...
>                     <mailto:abhijitkoss@...>>
>                     *抄送:*project-proposals@...
>                     <mailto:project-proposals@...>;
>                     jinkaiwen@...
>                     <mailto:jinkaiwen@...>;
>                     <tsc@...
>                     <mailto:tsc@...>>
>                     <tsc@...
>                     <mailto:tsc@...>>;
>                     xiong.quan@...
>                     <mailto:xiong.quan@...>;
>                     guobiaomo@...
>                     <mailto:guobiaomo@...>;
>                     lijiansong@...
>                     <mailto:lijiansong@...>;
>                     zhangminyj@...
>                     <mailto:zhangminyj@...>
>                     *主题:*[lists.opendaylight.org
>                     <http://lists.opendaylight.org>代发]Re:
>                     [OpenDaylight TSC] Propose a new project: Alt-datastores

>                      

>                     On Fri, Mar 22, 2019 at 7:32 AM Abhijit Kumbhare
>                     <abhijitkoss@...
>                     <mailto:abhijitkoss@...>> wrote:

>                         Thank you Jie!

>                          

>                         On Thu, Mar 21, 2019 at 6:37 PM
>                         <han.jie@... <mailto:han.jie@...>>
>                         wrote:

>                             Mr. Chairman, 

>                             Thank you for the arrangement. I will attend
>                             the meeting, will M. and others too?

>                     I'll attend the TSC meeting on April 11.

>                             During the review period,  discussion and
>                             any question is very welcome about the
>                             Alt-datastores.

>                              

>                             Thanks,

>                             Jie


>                                 

>                             原始邮件

>                             *发件人:*AbhijitKumbhare
>                             <abhijitkoss@...
>                             <mailto:abhijitkoss@...>>

>                             *收件人:*韩杰10054376;

>                             *抄送人:*project-proposals
>                             <project-proposals@...
>                             <mailto:project-proposals@...>>;tsc
>                             <tsc@...
>                             <mailto:tsc@...>>;Michael
>                             Vorburger <vorburger@...
>                             <mailto:vorburger@...>>;熊泉
>                             00091065;lijiansong@...
>                             <mailto:00091065%3Blijiansong@...>
>                             <lijiansong@...
>                             <mailto:lijiansong@...>>;guobiao.mo@...
>                             <mailto:guobiao.mo@...>
>                             <guobiao.mo@...
>                             <mailto:guobiao.mo@...>>;zhangminyj@...
>                             <mailto:zhangminyj@...>
>                             <zhangminyj@...
>                             <mailto:zhangminyj@...>>;jinkaiwen@...
>                             <mailto:jinkaiwen@...>
>                             <jinkaiwen@...
>                             <mailto:jinkaiwen@...>>;

>                             *日 期 :*2019年03月22日08:06

>                             *主 题 :Re: Propose a new project:
>                             Alt-datastores*

>                             Jie, Michael and folks,

>                             You have submitted the project proposal
>                             today March 21. The next steps would be to
>                             have the creation review for the project in
>                             a TSC meeting after a two week review
>                             period. Ordinarily two weeks would have
>                             placed the review in the April 4th TSC
>                             meeting. Since several of us will be at the
>                             ONS, North America on that date and will
>                             also be meeting in person at the
>                             OpenDaylight DDF on April 1-2, we will
>                             likely cancel that week's meeting. Hence, it
>                             makes sense to have the review in the TSC
>                             meeting on April 11.

>                             Would it be possible for you folks to attend
>                             that meeting? Logistics (web
>                             conference/dial-in) of the TSC meetings are
>                             at: https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/TSC:Meeting.

>                              

>                             Thanks,

>                             Abhijit

>                              

>                              

>                             On Thu, Mar 21, 2019 at 2:35 AM
>                             <han.jie@...
>                             <mailto:han.jie@...>> wrote:

>                                  

>                                 Dear Abhijit and all, 
>                                 I together with Michael Vorburger and
>                                 team members from China Mobile and China
>                                 Telecom want to propose a new project in
>                                 ODL called Alt-datastores. 
>                                 The topic of this project has alaways
>                                 been discussed in the past. ODL will be
>                                 able to support a 3rd-party datastore
>                                 with our project.
>                                 The details is as the proposal shown:
>                                  https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Project_Proposals:Alt-datastores

>                                 Please let me know what should I do next. 

>                                 Best Regards, 
>                                 Jie

>                                  

>                                 韩杰 hanjie

>                                 软件开发工程师 Software Developer
>                                 软件平台南京开发一部/有线研究院/有线产品
>                                 经营部  

>                                 Software Platform Nanjing Development
>                                 Dept I/Wireline Product R&D
>                                 Institute/Wireline Product Operation
>                                 Division


>                                     

>                                  



> _______________________________________________
> TSC mailing list
TSC@...
https://lists.opendaylight.org/mailman/listinfo/tsc


_______________________________________________
TSC mailing list
TSC@...
https://lists.opendaylight.org/mailman/listinfo/tsc


Re: [OpenDaylight TSC][lists.opendaylight.org代发]Re: Propose a new project: Alt-datastores

Michael Vorburger <vorburger@...>
 

Abhijit,

> *Abhijit's answer:* 
> This Monday-Tuesday we have the DDF. Maybe Jie and you can do a remote
> session at the DDF? What time will work for you folks? (We would like to
> avoid late Tuesday afternoon Pacific time as some ONS related activities
> start). 

Jie and I would be willing to remotely join the DDF on https://zoom.us/j/265964615 to answer any Qs re. https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Project_Proposals:Alt-datastores.

We just checked the time zones and realized that for Jie in Beijing it's midnight when you start over there in California... is there any chance that you could squeeze this discussion in at the start? I shouldn't be very long (from our end). Looking at https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Events:Sodium_Dev_Forum I can see a packed schedule (great!), so we appreciate the flexibility, if it's possible.

Me and Jie will dial in on Zoom today, just to be available. If this is too late notice for today (sorry), then I suggest at the start (PST 9am) tomorrow as fallback.

Tx,
M.
--
Michael Vorburger, Red Hat
vorburger@... | IRC: vorburger @freenode | ~ = http://vorburger.ch


On Mon, Apr 1, 2019 at 6:41 AM <han.jie@...> wrote:
Scope paragraph has been updated:

Scope
1. Alt-datastores would inlude adapters of 3rd-party datastores, one adapter like Yongo should at least have ability of saving binding/normorlized data to a 3rd-party datastore;
2. Alt-datastores would replace CDS to provide the default DOMDataBroker serivce that is transparent to other components.
3. Multiple adatpers could be applied for repica data perpose.



原始邮件
发件人:nite<nite@...>
收件人:Abhijit Kumbhare<abhijitkoss@...>;vorburger<vorburger@...>;Casey Cain<ccain@...>;
抄送人:project-proposals;jinkaiwen@...;;熊泉00091065;guobiaomo@...;lijiansong<lijiansong@...>;zhangminyj@...;
日期:2019-03-31 07:37:37
主题:Re: [OpenDaylight TSC][lists.opendaylight.org代发]Re: Propose a new project: Alt-datastores

Hello,

having reviewed the proposal, I am not quite clear of points here:

- DataTreeChangeService paragraph seems to imply DataTreeChangeService
API contract is not being correctly implemented

- since the feature is integrated at DOMDataBroker level (as opposed at
DOMDataTreeService level), it is not clear how this would work in a
hybrid environment -- I don't quite see where inter-datastore
compatibility is solved. Most notably, it seems that RESTCONF is singled
out as 'special' and has a proxy injected, yet other applications use
specific datastores. How would a mix of CDS/Yongo/etcd-using
applications work and how does this relate to the MD-SAL APIs?

- project scope is a bit blurry. Can we get a clear, bullet-point list
of what the project is all about? The sentence 'For Restconf, it
requires users to rebuild 'restconf-nb-bierman02' and
'restconf-nb-rfc8040' to reference to DOMDataBroker and
DOMDataTreeChangeService with a new type.' feels like a hack, not like a
properly-architected solution. This leads me to believe the project does
not really integrate, as it does a whole-sale replacement of a single
implementation. This is going to a nightmare from packaging perspective,
at the very least.

- the proposal spells DOMRpcService, but does not mention
DOMActionService. RFC7950 makes a rather strong connection between the
operational store and DOMActionService -- what are the interactions
between these?

- what does the 'alt-ds-adapter' do? how does it relate to existing
MD-SAL interface?

- a flow diagram showing interactions between one application using etcd
and another using yongo, is definitely needed. Unless the proposal is to
have such applications live in isolated worlds -- in which case it needs
to be explictly spelled out.

The project proposal has underwent rapid expansion in the few weeks it's
been out and I feel the problem domain is still being explored -- there
are architectural questions which seem to be far from having been
considered, let alone having concrete questions.

I would therefore ask for the review period to be extended, so the
proposal can be fleshed out, especially its interactions with MD-SAL
APIs, packaging and migration point of view.

Note: I am not asking for them to be completely resolved, but rather for
the problems to be acknowledged and a rough outline of a solution to be
brought into the scope of the project or an explicit exclusion added.

Thanks,
Robert

On 30/03/2019 01:30, Abhijit Kumbhare wrote:
> *For Michael's first questions:*
> Isn't there any way we can move on this next week? How about we use that
> TWS slot on Monday where there normally is no agenda for a discussion
> about this with anyone interested?

> *Abhijit's answer:* 
> This Monday-Tuesday we have the DDF. Maybe Jie and you can do a remote
> session at the DDF? What time will work for you folks? (We would like to
> avoid late Tuesday afternoon Pacific time as some ONS related activities
> start).  

> *For Michael's other questions:* 
> Or even just use this email thread to progress asynchronously... does
> anyone reading this have any objections to this project proposal? If
> not, let's just have a vote ASAP?

> *Abhijit's** answer:* 
> In the past, the TSC has offered projects in other timezones to skip
> presenting about the project and for the TSC to vote. In this case it
> certainly makes sense. However there has to be a two week review period
> (as per the creation review process) - which in this case would be March
> 21st to April 3. I will initiate a vote on April 3. 


> On Fri, Mar 29, 2019 at 3:32 AM Michael Vorburger <vorburger@...
> <mailto:vorburger@...>> wrote:

>     On Fri, Mar 29, 2019 at 4:02 AM Abhijit Kumbhare
>     <abhijitkoss@... <mailto:abhijitkoss@...>> wrote:

>         Ok - Michael can you please confirm?


>     I'm on PTO that (and the following) week. Isn't there any way we can
>     move on this next week?

>     How about we use that TWS slot on Monday where there normally is no
>     agenda for a discussion about this with anyone interested?

>     Or even just use this email thread to progress asynchronously...
>     does anyone reading this have any objections to this project
>     proposal? If not, let's just have a vote ASAP?

>     PS: Sorry I missed yesterday's TSC meeting; something unexpected
>     came up.
>      

>         On Thu, Mar 28, 2019 at 5:40 PM <han.jie@...
>         <mailto:han.jie@...>> wrote:

>             Then how about we push it back to April 18th?


>             Thanks,

>             Jie

>             原始邮件
>             *发件人:*MichaelVorburger <vorburger@...
>             <mailto:vorburger@...>>
>             *收件人:*Abhijit Kumbhare <abhijitkoss@...
>             <mailto:abhijitkoss@...>>;
>             *抄送人:*project-proposals@...
>             <mailto:project-proposals@...>
>             <project-proposals@...
>             <mailto:project-proposals@...>>;jinkaiwen@...
>             <mailto:jinkaiwen@...>
>             <jinkaiwen@...
>             <mailto:jinkaiwen@...>>;__<tsc@...
>             <mailto:tsc@...>>;__熊泉
>             00091065;guobiaomo@...
>             <mailto:guobiaomo@...>
>             <guobiaomo@...
>             <mailto:guobiaomo@...>>;lijiansong@...
>             <mailto:lijiansong@...>
>             <lijiansong@...
>             <mailto:lijiansong@...>>;zhangminyj@...
>             <mailto:zhangminyj@...>
>             <zhangminyj@...
>             <mailto:zhangminyj@...>>;
>             *日 期 :*2019年03月28日 17:06
>             *主 题 :**Re: [OpenDaylight TSC][lists.opendaylight.org
>             <http://lists.opendaylight.org>代发]Re:  Propose a new
>             project: Alt-datastores*
>             _______________________________________________
>             TSC mailing list
>             TSC@... <mailto:TSC@...>
>             https://lists.opendaylight.org/mailman/listinfo/tsc


>             I just realized that I won't be able to attend the TSC
>             meeting on April 11th (due to school vacation starting here
>             that Friday and related personal plans).

>             If the agenda on today's TSC call is not overly full
>             already, perhaps we could discuss this project proposal today? 


>             On Sat, 23 Mar 2019, 04:18 Abhijit Kumbhare,
>             <abhijitkoss@... <mailto:abhijitkoss@...>> wrote:

>                 The meeting is every Thursday. The details of the
>                 meeting are
>                 at: https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/TSC:Meeting. So
>                 yes - the Zoom link is a permanent link for the meeting.


>                 On Fri, Mar 22, 2019 at 4:59 PM Yi Yang (杨燚)-云服务集
>                 团 <yangyi01@... <mailto:yangyi01@...>> wrote:

>                     Is next TSC meeting 9:00 AM US Pacific Time On
>                     Thursday, April 11? Is it biweekly? I’ll join this
>                     call for discussion, is this one
>                     https://zoom.us/j/219174946 is permanent meeting
>                     link for it? Anybody can help confirm? Thank you in
>                     advance.

>                      

>                     *发件人:*tsc-bounces@...
>                     <mailto:tsc-bounces@...>
>                     [mailto:tsc-bounces@...
>                     <mailto:tsc-bounces@...>] *代表
>                     *Michael Vorburger
>                     *发送时间:*2019年3月22日18:34
>                     *收件人:*Abhijit Kumbhare <abhijitkoss@...
>                     <mailto:abhijitkoss@...>>
>                     *抄送:*project-proposals@...
>                     <mailto:project-proposals@...>;
>                     jinkaiwen@...
>                     <mailto:jinkaiwen@...>;
>                     <tsc@...
>                     <mailto:tsc@...>>
>                     <tsc@...
>                     <mailto:tsc@...>>;
>                     xiong.quan@...
>                     <mailto:xiong.quan@...>;
>                     guobiaomo@...
>                     <mailto:guobiaomo@...>;
>                     lijiansong@...
>                     <mailto:lijiansong@...>;
>                     zhangminyj@...
>                     <mailto:zhangminyj@...>
>                     *主题:*[lists.opendaylight.org
>                     <http://lists.opendaylight.org>代发]Re:
>                     [OpenDaylight TSC] Propose a new project: Alt-datastores

>                      

>                     On Fri, Mar 22, 2019 at 7:32 AM Abhijit Kumbhare
>                     <abhijitkoss@...
>                     <mailto:abhijitkoss@...>> wrote:

>                         Thank you Jie!

>                          

>                         On Thu, Mar 21, 2019 at 6:37 PM
>                         <han.jie@... <mailto:han.jie@...>>
>                         wrote:

>                             Mr. Chairman, 

>                             Thank you for the arrangement. I will attend
>                             the meeting, will M. and others too?

>                     I'll attend the TSC meeting on April 11.

>                             During the review period,  discussion and
>                             any question is very welcome about the
>                             Alt-datastores.

>                              

>                             Thanks,

>                             Jie


>                                 

>                             原始邮件

>                             *发件人:*AbhijitKumbhare
>                             <abhijitkoss@...
>                             <mailto:abhijitkoss@...>>

>                             *收件人:*韩杰10054376;

>                             *抄送人:*project-proposals
>                             <project-proposals@...
>                             <mailto:project-proposals@...>>;tsc
>                             <tsc@...
>                             <mailto:tsc@...>>;Michael
>                             Vorburger <vorburger@...
>                             <mailto:vorburger@...>>;熊泉
>                             00091065;lijiansong@...
>                             <mailto:00091065%3Blijiansong@...>
>                             <lijiansong@...
>                             <mailto:lijiansong@...>>;guobiao.mo@...
>                             <mailto:guobiao.mo@...>
>                             <guobiao.mo@...
>                             <mailto:guobiao.mo@...>>;zhangminyj@...
>                             <mailto:zhangminyj@...>
>                             <zhangminyj@...
>                             <mailto:zhangminyj@...>>;jinkaiwen@...
>                             <mailto:jinkaiwen@...>
>                             <jinkaiwen@...
>                             <mailto:jinkaiwen@...>>;

>                             *日 期 :*2019年03月22日08:06

>                             *主 题 :Re: Propose a new project:
>                             Alt-datastores*

>                             Jie, Michael and folks,

>                             You have submitted the project proposal
>                             today March 21. The next steps would be to
>                             have the creation review for the project in
>                             a TSC meeting after a two week review
>                             period. Ordinarily two weeks would have
>                             placed the review in the April 4th TSC
>                             meeting. Since several of us will be at the
>                             ONS, North America on that date and will
>                             also be meeting in person at the
>                             OpenDaylight DDF on April 1-2, we will
>                             likely cancel that week's meeting. Hence, it
>                             makes sense to have the review in the TSC
>                             meeting on April 11.

>                             Would it be possible for you folks to attend
>                             that meeting? Logistics (web
>                             conference/dial-in) of the TSC meetings are
>                             at: https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/TSC:Meeting.

>                              

>                             Thanks,

>                             Abhijit

>                              

>                              

>                             On Thu, Mar 21, 2019 at 2:35 AM
>                             <han.jie@...
>                             <mailto:han.jie@...>> wrote:

>                                  

>                                 Dear Abhijit and all, 
>                                 I together with Michael Vorburger and
>                                 team members from China Mobile and China
>                                 Telecom want to propose a new project in
>                                 ODL called Alt-datastores. 
>                                 The topic of this project has alaways
>                                 been discussed in the past. ODL will be
>                                 able to support a 3rd-party datastore
>                                 with our project.
>                                 The details is as the proposal shown:
>                                  https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Project_Proposals:Alt-datastores

>                                 Please let me know what should I do next. 

>                                 Best Regards, 
>                                 Jie

>                                  

>                                 韩杰 hanjie

>                                 软件开发工程师 Software Developer
>                                 软件平台南京开发一部/有线研究院/有线产品
>                                 经营部  

>                                 Software Platform Nanjing Development
>                                 Dept I/Wireline Product R&D
>                                 Institute/Wireline Product Operation
>                                 Division


>                                     

>                                  



> _______________________________________________
> TSC mailing list
TSC@...
https://lists.opendaylight.org/mailman/listinfo/tsc


_______________________________________________
TSC mailing list
TSC@...
https://lists.opendaylight.org/mailman/listinfo/tsc

1 - 20 of 829