Date

Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] Project proposal for "ODLTools"

Jamo Luhrsen <jluhrsen@...>

So, besides maybe a better name there was no other comments. Can we
do what's next to vote for an approval?

I like "ODL Support Tools" as a name. what about repo name? keep it
odltools, or the longer odlsupporttools?

JamO

On 5/22/18 10:47 AM, Robert Varga wrote:
On 22/05/18 01:01, Jamo Luhrsen wrote:
Hi,

we would like to propose a new project. The wiki proposal is here:

https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Project_Proposals:ODLTools

please review and offer any feedback.
OpenDaylight (Support|Debug) Tools perhaps, just not to get into
everything-belongs-here-because-of-project-name territory?

Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] Project proposal for "ODLTools"

Robert Varga

On 22/05/18 01:01, Jamo Luhrsen wrote:
Hi,

we would like to propose a new project. The wiki proposal is here:

https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Project_Proposals:ODLTools

please review and offer any feedback.
OpenDaylight (Support|Debug) Tools perhaps, just not to get into
everything-belongs-here-because-of-project-name territory?

Project proposal for "ODLTools"

Jamo Luhrsen <jluhrsen@...>

Hi,

we would like to propose a new project. The wiki proposal is here:

https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Project_Proposals:ODLTools

please review and offer any feedback.

Thanks,
JamO

Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] Vote on Archetypes project proposal

Anil Belur <abelur@...>

On Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 11:42 PM, Sam Hague <shague@...> wrote:
Michael,

saw your thread on lf-releng with Anil on moving the code out of controller and into the new repo. We have done that before as a single move and kept history. This was done in one shot so it was low impact. Let me know if you need me to dig that up - although pretty sure it was Andy who did it for NetVirt and maybe Thanh for the other ones like moving lldp and the model stuff.

Thanks, Sam

Micheal, Sam:

Just a heads up that we were able to bypass Gerrit and get all the initial code dropped with the history into the Archetype repository.
This required temporarily allow administrators the ability to do forced pushes on the repository and push the entire history up
and also allow forge commits (for merge objects, which does not have sign-offs in the commit message footer).

Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] Vote on Archetypes project proposal

Sam Hague

Michael,

saw your thread on lf-releng with Anil on moving the code out of controller and into the new repo. We have done that before as a single move and kept history. This was done in one shot so it was low impact. Let me know if you need me to dig that up - although pretty sure it was Andy who did it for NetVirt and maybe Thanh for the other ones like moving lldp and the model stuff.

Thanks, Sam

On Wed, Apr 4, 2018 at 11:41 PM, Michael Vorburger <vorburger@...> wrote:
On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 4:15 PM, Abhijit Kumbhare <abhijitkoss@...> wrote:
So that carries (11 votes in already out of 13). Congrats Archetype - you are officially now a separate project! Please work with helpdesk for the repo movement, minimalistic wiki, etc.

FYI: This has just started; watch https://jira.linuxfoundation.org/browse/RELENG-854 and http://lists.opendaylight.org/pipermail/archetypes-dev/ for news; the first two posts to the new list should appear shortly, I expect.

On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 6:56 AM Brady Johnson <bjohnson@...> wrote:
+1

Regards,

Brady Johnson

Screenshot 2017-02-14 at 10.43.55 AM.png

On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 3:02 AM, Lori Jakab <lorand.jakab+odl@...> wrote:
+1

-Lori

On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 10:52 AM, Stephen Kitt <skitt@...> wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Feb 2018 21:38:28 +0100
> Abhijit Kumbhare <abhijitkoss@...> wrote:
>> Please review the Archetypes project proposal at:
>> https://wiki.opendaylight. org/view/Archetypes and vote +1 (approve),
>> 0 (neutral), -1 (disapprove). If you have any questions - ask Michael.
>
> +1 from me too.
>
> Regards,
>
> Stephen

Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] Vote on Archetypes project proposal

Michael Vorburger <vorburger@...>

On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 4:15 PM, Abhijit Kumbhare <abhijitkoss@...> wrote:
So that carries (11 votes in already out of 13). Congrats Archetype - you are officially now a separate project! Please work with helpdesk for the repo movement, minimalistic wiki, etc.

FYI: This has just started; watch https://jira.linuxfoundation.org/browse/RELENG-854 and http://lists.opendaylight.org/pipermail/archetypes-dev/ for news; the first two posts to the new list should appear shortly, I expect.

On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 6:56 AM Brady Johnson <bjohnson@...> wrote:
+1

Regards,

Brady Johnson

Screenshot 2017-02-14 at 10.43.55 AM.png

On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 3:02 AM, Lori Jakab <lorand.jakab+odl@...> wrote:
+1

-Lori

On Tue, Feb 27, 2018 at 10:52 AM, Stephen Kitt <skitt@...> wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Feb 2018 21:38:28 +0100
> Abhijit Kumbhare <abhijitkoss@...> wrote:
>> Please review the Archetypes project proposal at:
>> https://wiki.opendaylight. org/view/Archetypes and vote +1 (approve),
>> 0 (neutral), -1 (disapprove). If you have any questions - ask Michael.
>
> +1 from me too.
>
> Regards,
>
> Stephen

Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] Vote on the New project proposal - telemetry

Abhijit Kumbhare

+1

With my vote it makes it 11 out of 13 - which carries by a good margin. Congratulations Telemetry team for being voted to be an OpenDaylight project!

There will be a few steps that you will need to do (may be an incomplete list):
  1. If you have some existing code that you need to bring in into OpenDaylight - an inbound code review will need to be done before that can be absorbed into an OpenDaylight repo. I will do a separate email for this and add the appropriate persons.
  2. Get your repos set up. You will need to work with the HelpDesk for this - but may be better to do after the inbound code review.
  3. Create your project wiki page - you should use the Project Facts Template to do this: https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Template:Project_Facts
  4. If you plan to have weekly project meetings - please email Casey Cain for this.

On Tue, Mar 13, 2018 at 7:16 AM, Brady Johnson <bjohnson@...> wrote:
+1

Regards,

Brady Johnson

Screenshot 2017-02-14 at 10.43.55 AM.png

On Mon, 12 Mar 2018 06:35:13 +0100

Brady Johnson <bjohnson@...>

Stephen Kitt <skitt@...>

On Mon, 12 Mar 2018 06:35:13 +0100
Abhijit Kumbhare <abhijitkoss@...> wrote:
Please vote -1, 0 or +1 on the new project proposed for Telemetry:

https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Project_Proposals:Telemetry

There have been already several questions asked over the TSC mailing
list by various folks. If you have any more questions - please ask
them to the Telemetry team (Wang, Huan, etc.). I am conducting a vote
over email - as the TSC meeting time is a little inconvenient in
China.
+1

Regards,

Stephen

Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] Vote on the New project proposal - telemetry

Lori Jakab

+1

-Lori

On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 8:52 PM, Anil Vishnoi <vishnoianil@...> wrote:
+1

On Sun, Mar 11, 2018 at 10:35 PM, Abhijit Kumbhare <abhijitkoss@...>
wrote:

Hello TSC,

Please vote -1, 0 or +1 on the new project proposed for Telemetry:

https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Project_Proposals:Telemetry

There have been already several questions asked over the TSC mailing list
by various folks. If you have any more questions - please ask them to the
Telemetry team (Wang, Huan, etc.). I am conducting a vote over email - as
the TSC meeting time is a little inconvenient in China.

Regards,
Abhijit

On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 1:59 AM, <huan.linying@...> wrote:

Abhijit,

Sorry for the latency. We would like to have the voting over email.
Please kick it off when tsc is ready.

Thanks

原始邮件
发件人: <abhijitkoss@...>;
收件人:宦林英10042773;
抄送人: <vorburger@...>; <tsc@...>;
<project-proposals@...>;
日 期 :2018年03月06日 00:15
主 题 :Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] 答复: Re: 答复: Re: New project proposal -
telemetry

Huan,
Apologies for the delay. This must have slipped through the cracks during
the transition. I will schedule it for vote in the upcoming TSC meeting. If
attending the TSC meeting is inconvenient time slot for you due to the time
zone differences - I will initiate it over email. Please let me know.

Regards,
Abhijit

On Sat, Mar 3, 2018 at 7:28 AM, <huan.linying@...> wrote:

Michael, Thanks for your information. Telemetry project focus on
collecting/storing modeled data from network device, such as switcher
androuter, while metrics focus on collecting information from Java VM. As I
know, telemetry is becoming more and more important in carrier's network.

Openconfig has a short description about telemetry
:http://www.openconfig.net/projects/telemetry/. In OpenDaylight, will
collect data with channles like gRPC/TCP/UDP, and store data with TSDR. I
think telemetry will be a component of Networking AI.

Thanks!

原始邮件
发件人: <vorburger@...>;
收件人:宦林英10042773;
抄送人: <tsc@...>;
<project-proposals@...>;
日 期 :2018年03月02日 19:19
主 题 :Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] 答复: Re: New project proposal - telemetry

On Fri, Mar 2, 2018 at 8:05 AM, <huan.linying@...> wrote:

Hello TSC,

It has been months from last update of this thread. If there is no more
questions, I would like to request voting for telemetry project proposal.
Huan, in this context, just wanted to let you that over in project
infrautils we've menawhile made progress with our metrics sub-module - there
is now even some documentation about it here:
https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Infrastructure_Utilities:Main#metrics

Understood earlier that what what you are after in telemetry is slightly
different, but just wanted to let you know FYI.

Tx,
M.
--
Michael Vorburger, Red Hat
vorburger@... | IRC: vorburger @freenode | ~ =

Thanks!

原始邮件
发件人:宦林英10042773
收件人: <ecelgp@...>;
抄送人: <project-proposals@...>;
<tsc@...>;
日 期 :2017年11月09日 13:45
主 题 :答复: Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] New project proposal - telemetry

Yes, actually we hope GRPC could be a common library of ODL. It could
be used as north-bound channel as well.

发件人: <ecelgp@...>;
收件人:宦林英10042773;
抄送人: <project-proposals@...>;
<tsc@...>;
日 期 :2017年11月09日 11:33
主 题 :Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] New project proposal - telemetry

So I guess you will use existing netconf plugin in ODL + new GRPC. For
this last will you coordinate with P4 project to reuse libraries/code?

On Nov 8, 2017, at 7:33 PM, <huan.linying@...>
<huan.linying@...> wrote:

We plan to take netconf protocol as configuration channel, GRPC just
for data plane.

发件人: <ecelgp@...>;
收件人:宦林英10042773;
抄送人: <project-proposals@...>;
<tsc@...>;
日 期 :2017年11月09日 11:14
主 题 :Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] New project proposal - telemetry

Hi, I am curious about the control/configuration channel transport
protocol: is this GRPC based too? or netconf? or restconf? or just any
protocol supporting openconfig models.

BR/Luis

On Nov 6, 2017, at 12:07 AM, huan.linying@... wrote:

Hi folks,

I'd like to propose telemetry, a new device run-time information
channel, as a new project of OpenDaylight. The proposal link is:

https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Project_Proposals:Telemetry

Please review the proposal and Look forward your feedback.

Thanks.

Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] Vote on the New project proposal - telemetry

Anil Vishnoi

发件人:宦林英10042773
收件人: <ecelgp@...>;

发件人: <ecelgp@...>;
收件人:宦林英10042773;
日 期 :2017年11月09日 11:14
主 题 :Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] New project proposal - telemetry

Hi, I am curious about the control/configuration channel transport protocol: is this GRPC based too? or netconf? or restconf? or just any protocol supporting openconfig models.

BR/Luis

On Nov 6, 2017, at 12:07 AM, huan.linying@... wrote:

Hi folks,

I'd like to propose telemetry, a new device run-time information channel,  as a new project of OpenDaylight. The proposal  link is:

https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Project_Proposals:Telemetry

Please review the proposal and Look forward your feedback.

Thanks.

Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] Vote on the New project proposal - telemetry

Luis Gomez

+1

On Mar 12, 2018, at 8:22 AM, Jamo Luhrsen <jluhrsen@...> wrote:

+1

On 3/12/18 7:26 AM, Sam Hague wrote:
+1

On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 10:18 AM, Thanh Ha <thanh.ha@... <mailto:thanh.ha@...>> wrote:

+1

Thanh

Hello TSC,

*发件人:*<abhijitkoss@... <mailto:abhijitkoss@...>>;
*收件人:*宦林英10042773;
*抄送人:*<vorburger@... <mailto:vorburger@...>>;<tsc@...
<mailto:tsc@...>>;<project-proposals@...
<mailto:project-proposals@...>>;

*发件人:*<vorburger@... <mailto:vorburger@...>>;
*收件人:*宦林英10042773;
*抄送人:*<tsc@...

On Fri, Mar 2, 2018 at 8:05 AM, <huan.linying@... <mailto:huan.linying@...>> wrote:

Hello TSC,

It has been months from last update of this thread. If there is no more questions, I would like to
request voting for telemetry project proposal.

Huan, in this context, just wanted to let you that over in project infrautils we've menawhile made
progress with our metrics sub-module - there is now even some documentation about it here:
https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Infrastructure_Utilities:Main#metrics
<https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Infrastructure_Utilities:Main#metrics>

Understood earlier that what what you are after in telemetry is slightly different, but just wanted to
let you know FYI.

Tx,
M.
--
Michael Vorburger, Red Hat
vorburger@... <mailto:vorburger@...> | IRC: vorburger @freenode | ~ = http://vorburger.ch
<http://vorburger.ch/>

Thanks!

原始邮件
*发件人:*宦林英10042773
*收件人:*<ecelgp@... <mailto:ecelgp@...>>;
*抄送人:*<project-proposals@...
<mailto:project-proposals@...>>;<tsc@...
<mailto:tsc@...>>;

*发件人:*<ecelgp@... <mailto:ecelgp@...>>;
*收件人:*宦林英10042773;

On Nov 8, 2017, at 7:33 PM, <huan.linying@... <mailto:huan.linying@...>>

*发件人:*<ecelgp@... <mailto:ecelgp@...>>;
*收件人:*宦林英10042773;
*抄送人:*<project-proposals@...
<mailto:project-proposals@...>>;<tsc@...
<mailto:tsc@...>>;
*日 期 :*2017年11月09日 11:14

发件人:宦林英10042773
收件人: <ecelgp@...>;

发件人: <ecelgp@...>;
收件人:宦林英10042773;
日 期 :2017年11月09日 11:14

Thanh Ha <thanh.ha@...>

发件人:宦林英10042773
收件人: <ecelgp@...>;

发件人:Abhijit Kumbhare
收件人:tsc,
抄 送:王森枭,ding.rui@...,project-proposals@...,
时间:2018-03-12 11:05:45
主 题:[OpenDaylight TSC] Vote on the New project proposal - telemetry

Hello TSC,

发件人:宦林英10042773
收件人: <ecelgp@...>;

发件人:宦林英10042773
收件人: <ecelgp@...>;

发件人: <ecelgp@...>;
收件人:宦林英10042773;
日 期 :2017年11月09日 11:14
主 题 :Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] New project proposal - telemetry

Hi, I am curious about the control/configuration channel transport protocol: is this GRPC based too? or netconf? or restconf? or just any protocol supporting openconfig models.

BR/Luis

On Nov 6, 2017, at 12:07 AM, huan.linying@... wrote:

Hi folks,

I'd like to propose telemetry, a new device run-time information channel,  as a new project of OpenDaylight. The proposal  link is:

https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Project_Proposals:Telemetry

Please review the proposal and Look forward your feedback.

Thanks.

Re: 答复: Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] 答复: Re: 答复: Re: New project proposal - telemetry

huan.linying@...

发件人:宦林英10042773
收件人: <ecelgp@...>;

发件人:宦林英10042773
收件人: <ecelgp@...>;

发件人: <ecelgp@...>;
收件人:宦林英10042773;
日 期 :2017年11月09日 11:14
主 题 :Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] New project proposal - telemetry

Hi, I am curious about the control/configuration channel transport protocol: is this GRPC based too? or netconf? or restconf? or just any protocol supporting openconfig models.

BR/Luis

On Nov 6, 2017, at 12:07 AM, huan.linying@... wrote:

Hi folks,

I'd like to propose telemetry, a new device run-time information channel,  as a new project of OpenDaylight. The proposal  link is:

https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Project_Proposals:Telemetry

Please review the proposal and Look forward your feedback.

Thanks.

Re: 答复: Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] 答复: Re: New project proposal - telemetry

huan.linying@...

发件人:宦林英10042773
收件人: <ecelgp@...>;