Initial proposal for ODL subproject

David Karr <davidmichaelkarr@...>

I've entered a new project proposal on the ODL project proposals page.  The link to the new proposal is present on the main page, but the proposal itself is at https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Project_Proposals:YangIDE .

Colin Dixon

Under the assumption that you'd like to have a creation review sooner rather than later, listed it under the planned schedule for November 11th here:
https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/TSC:Main#Intended_Topics_for_Next_Week

That's the soonest TSC call after the mandatory two week public review period.

If that's not what you'd like, please let me know.

On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 9:31 PM, David Karr <davidmichaelkarr@...> wrote:
I've entered a new project proposal on the ODL project proposals page.  The link to the new proposal is present on the main page, but the proposal itself is at https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Project_Proposals:YangIDE .

KARR, DAVID <dk068x@...>

That’s in the middle of OPNFV Summit week, but I’ll need to make this work.

Don’t you mean November 12th?  The TSC meeting is on Thursdays, according to the wiki.

Under the assumption that you'd like to have a creation review sooner rather than later, listed it under the planned schedule for November 11th here:
https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/TSC:Main#Intended_Topics_for_Next_Week

That's the soonest TSC call after the mandatory two week public review period.

If that's not what you'd like, please let me know.

On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 9:31 PM, David Karr <davidmichaelkarr@...> wrote:

I've entered a new project proposal on the ODL project proposals page.  The link to the new proposal is present on the main page, but the proposal itself is at https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Project_Proposals:YangIDE .

KARR, DAVID <dk068x@...>

And I assume the reference to “October 12th, 2015” in the wiki should be “November 12th, 2015”?

Under the assumption that you'd like to have a creation review sooner rather than later, listed it under the planned schedule for November 11th here:
https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/TSC:Main#Intended_Topics_for_Next_Week

That's the soonest TSC call after the mandatory two week public review period.

If that's not what you'd like, please let me know.

On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 9:31 PM, David Karr <davidmichaelkarr@...> wrote:

I've entered a new project proposal on the ODL project proposals page.  The link to the new proposal is present on the main page, but the proposal itself is at https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Project_Proposals:YangIDE .

Colin Dixon

I've moved it to 11/19. I'm happy to do it whenever works for people. I guess I need to start a broader thread on the TSC meeting during the OPNFV summit.

--Colin

On Wed, Nov 4, 2015 at 3:35 PM, KARR, DAVID <dk068x@...> wrote:

And I assume the reference to “October 12th, 2015” in the wiki should be “November 12th, 2015”?

Under the assumption that you'd like to have a creation review sooner rather than later, listed it under the planned schedule for November 11th here:
https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/TSC:Main#Intended_Topics_for_Next_Week

That's the soonest TSC call after the mandatory two week public review period.

If that's not what you'd like, please let me know.

On Tue, Oct 27, 2015 at 9:31 PM, David Karr <davidmichaelkarr@...> wrote:

I've entered a new project proposal on the ODL project proposals page.  The link to the new proposal is present on the main page, but the proposal itself is at https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Project_Proposals:YangIDE .

Colin Dixon

David, I realize this is only a 30 minute reminder, but if you're there today, we have time to have creation review for the project.

--Colin

On 10/28/2015 02:31 AM, David Karr wrote:
I've entered a new project proposal on the ODL project proposals page. The link to the new proposal is present on the main page, but the proposal itself is at https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Project_Proposals:YangIDE .
Hello David,

thanks for the proposal and sorry for missing this for this long.

I would like to participate on the project at least in an yangtools advisory role. Will this be developed from scratch, or will this be seeded with pre-existing code?

Any chance of getting an architectural picture?

KARR, DAVID <dk068x@...>

I sure hope so. J I’m planning to be there.

On 10/28/2015 02:31 AM, David Karr wrote:
I've entered a new project proposal on the ODL project proposals
page. The link to the new proposal is present on the main page,
but
the proposal itself is at
https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Project_Proposals:YangIDE .
Hello David,

thanks for the proposal and sorry for missing this for this long.

I would like to participate on the project at least in an yangtools
advisory role. Will this be developed from scratch, or will this be
seeded with pre-existing code?
And your participation will be greatly appreciated. Besides people maintaining the code of the plugin, this project will need participants who are intimately familiar with the Yangtools API and parser, and the mapping to the spec.

It will be seeded with pre-existing code. In fact, it will be seeded with design and components from two different implementations. There are two different basic "personas" who will be using this tool and it will be important to address both of their needs. We'll talk more about this in the creation review and additional discussions.

Any chance of getting an architectural picture?
There are many ways of interpreting that. We'll talk about it.