project proposal-ODL-SDNi App

Rafat Jahan <rafat.jahan@...>

Hi,

This mail comes to you with reference to a new project proposal ODL-SDNi App (OpenDaylight- SDN Interface Application) on the opendaylight wiki.
Link for reference:https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Project_Proposals:ODL-SDNi_App
Request the community to initiate the creation review so that we can start with the incubation project.

Looking forward to your support and guidance.

Thanks and Regards,
Rafat Jahan
Tata Consultancy Services
Cell:- 9886420332
Mailto: rafat.jahan@...
Website:
http://www.tcs.com
Experience certainty.        IT Services
                       Business Solutions
                       Consulting

=====-----=====-----=====
and any attachments. Thank you

Phil Robb

Hello Rafat, and thank you for the SDNi Project Proposal.

Regarding IPR review, I notice that you indicated in your proposal that it was a "New Project, No inbound code review required".

Even if there is no new code to be initially scanned, we will need to have a conversation regarding your project.  In your proposal you indicate that the SDNi Wrapper will be a part of your project, and therefore, it will need to be licensed under the Eclipse Public License (EPL).  However, you also indicate that the SDNi wrapper will rely upon Quagga, which is licensed under the GNU GPLv2.  If your intent is to use Quagga libraries (licensed under GPLv2) within the SDNi Wrapper application/client you will find this to be problematic and maybe not possible from a licensing point of view.

It would be good to schedule some time for us to go over your intent and map out what is possible, and call for legal advice if needed.

Thanks,

Phil.

On Wed, Apr 16, 2014 at 4:06 AM, Rafat Jahan <rafat.jahan@...> wrote:
[...]

Director - Networking Solutions
The Linux Foundation
(O) 970-229-5949
(M) 970-420-4292
Skype: Phil.Robb

Rafat Jahan <rafat.jahan@...>

Dear Phil,

Let us meet on Tuesday(22-04-2014)/Wednesday(23-04-2014) for the discussion.
Please let us know the feasible time for you.I will send out an invite accordingly.