Date

Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] RTD Job - automation rule to activate branch/tag

Charles Eckel <eckelcu@...>

Hi Anil,

Thanks for pointing this out. I have been meaning to spend some time updating the Unimgr docs, and this is good to know.
BTW, there is an open source themed Hackathon associated with NANOG 84,

Any interest in an OpenDaylight docs project team?

Cheers,
Charles

On Jan 12, 2022, at 3:53 PM, Anil Belur <abelur@...> wrote:

Hi all,

As discussed on the LFN Dev and testing forums, some of the RTD branches were not activated by default therefore the docs were not getting created. This can be solved by using Automation rules.

For instance, I have created automation rules for Netconf project for activating
all tags/branch matching this regex: "^[vV]"

Custom match: ^[vV]
Version type: Tag
Action: Activate version

Custom match: ^[vV]
Version type: Branch
Action: Activate version

I've created the activation rules for Netconf branch hopefully, this should work.

Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] Log4Shell impacts on ODL releases

Robert Varga

On 20/01/2022 11:30, Robert Varga wrote:
    - Silicon is currently in its Security Support period past its last
    scheduled Service Release, hence will receive an unscheduled
    security-driven SR4 in near future

We can review this in the TSC but I think we can release Silicon SR4 after Phosphorus SR2 and before Sulfur. Thoughts?
Actually, these updates are already pushed out on the branch, i.e. https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/autorelease-release-silicon-mvn35-openjdk11/537/ should be okay to release.
So pretty much everything is actually okay, except BGPCEP, which is showing regressions around TCP-MD5 handling. This is most probably related to netty-4.1.72+ upgrade in OSGi environment.

Re: [E] Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] Log4Shell impacts on ODL releases

Daniel de la Rosa

Hello Manoj, Robert and all

As suggested, this is a proposed schedule to release Silicon SR4. It's a bit accelerated but I think we can make it work

Please let me know if this works for you

Thanks

On Thu, Jan 20, 2022 at 3:30 AM Chokka, Manoj <manoj.chokka@...> wrote:
Hi Daniel,

Since the changes are already done, could you prioritize silicon-SR4 first and then others.

Thank you,

BR, Manoj

On Thu, Jan 20, 2022 at 4:01 PM Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:
On 20/01/2022 08:26, Daniel de la Rosa wrote:
> Hello Robert

Hey Daniel,

> On Mon, Jan 10, 2022 at 5:42 AM Robert Varga <nite@...
> <mailto:nite@...>> wrote:
>
>     Hello everyone,
>
>     these winter holidays we got a present in the form of Log4Shell, which
>     affects pretty much all artifacts we have ever released.
>
>     As per our release lifecycle rules, this means that:
>
>     - all release trains up to and including Aluminium are past their
>     End of
>     Life and will not be receiving a community-driven release
>
>     - Silicon is currently in its Security Support period past its last
>     scheduled Service Release, hence will receive an unscheduled
>     security-driven SR4 in near future
>

> We can review this in the TSC but I think we can release Silicon SR4
> after Phosphorus SR2 and before Sulfur. Thoughts?

Actually, these updates are already pushed out on the branch, i.e.
https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/autorelease-release-silicon-mvn35-openjdk11/537/
should be okay to release.

aaa-0.14.8 released

Robert Varga

Hello everyone,

aaa-0.14.8 has been released. The only difference is adoption of odlparent-9.0.12 and related MRI upstreams.

Enjoy,
Robert

controller-4.0.8 released

Robert Varga

Hello everyone,

controller-4.0.8 has been released, the release notes are here:
https://jira.opendaylight.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10113&version=12906.

The following issues were addressed relative to 4.0.7:

Task
[CONTROLLER-2027] - Upgrade akka to 2.6.18
Bug
[CONTROLLER-2023] - Test logs polluted by ConfigurationException
[CONTROLLER-2025] - Fail to update entity ownership after owner is killed

Enjoy,
Robert

Re: [E] Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] Log4Shell impacts on ODL releases

Chokka, Manoj <manoj.chokka@...>

Hi Daniel,

Since the changes are already done, could you prioritize silicon-SR4 first and then others.

Thank you,

BR, Manoj

On Thu, Jan 20, 2022 at 4:01 PM Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:
On 20/01/2022 08:26, Daniel de la Rosa wrote:
> Hello Robert

Hey Daniel,

> On Mon, Jan 10, 2022 at 5:42 AM Robert Varga <nite@...
> <mailto:nite@...>> wrote:
>
>     Hello everyone,
>
>     these winter holidays we got a present in the form of Log4Shell, which
>     affects pretty much all artifacts we have ever released.
>
>     As per our release lifecycle rules, this means that:
>
>     - all release trains up to and including Aluminium are past their
>     End of
>     Life and will not be receiving a community-driven release
>
>     - Silicon is currently in its Security Support period past its last
>     scheduled Service Release, hence will receive an unscheduled
>     security-driven SR4 in near future
>

> We can review this in the TSC but I think we can release Silicon SR4
> after Phosphorus SR2 and before Sulfur. Thoughts?

Actually, these updates are already pushed out on the branch, i.e.
https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/autorelease-release-silicon-mvn35-openjdk11/537/
should be okay to release.

Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] Log4Shell impacts on ODL releases

Robert Varga

On 20/01/2022 08:26, Daniel de la Rosa wrote:
Hello Robert
Hey Daniel,

On Mon, Jan 10, 2022 at 5:42 AM Robert Varga <nite@... <mailto:nite@...>> wrote:
Hello everyone,
these winter holidays we got a present in the form of Log4Shell, which
affects pretty much all artifacts we have ever released.
As per our release lifecycle rules, this means that:
- all release trains up to and including Aluminium are past their
End of
Life and will not be receiving a community-driven release
- Silicon is currently in its Security Support period past its last
scheduled Service Release, hence will receive an unscheduled
security-driven SR4 in near future
We can review this in the TSC but I think we can release Silicon SR4 after Phosphorus SR2 and before Sulfur. Thoughts?
Actually, these updates are already pushed out on the branch, i.e. https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/autorelease-release-silicon-mvn35-openjdk11/537/ should be okay to release.

Re: Phosphorus SR2 code freeze

Robert Varga

On 20/01/2022 08:25, Daniel de la Rosa wrote:
Hello all
Hello Daniel,

@Robert Varga <mailto:nite@...> i think we can pick a Phosphorus SR2 RC this week but let me know your thoughts based on the current AR state
Unfortunately I am still waiting for last round of updates for CONTROLLER-2025 to push out the MRI update. I expect this to happen this week.

Sorry for the delay,
Robert

https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/autorelease-release-phosphorus-mvn35-openjdk11/ <https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/autorelease-release-phosphorus-mvn35-openjdk11/>
Thanks
On Mon, Jan 10, 2022 at 8:00 AM Daniel de la Rosa <ddelarosa0707@... <mailto:ddelarosa0707@...>> wrote:
Hello TSC and all
We are going to code freeze Phosphorus for all Managed Projects (
cut and lock release branches ) on Monday January 17th at 10 am pst
Please remember that we only allow blocker bug fixes in release
branch after code freezes
Daniel de la Rosa
ODL Release Manager
Thanks
ps. Release schedule and checklist for your reference
https://wiki.opendaylight.org/display/ODL/Phosphorus+SR2+Release+Checklist
<https://wiki.opendaylight.org/display/ODL/Phosphorus+SR2+Release+Checklist>
https://docs.opendaylight.org/en/latest/release-process/release-schedule.html

On Mon, Jan 10, 2022 at 5:42 AM Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:
Hello everyone,

these winter holidays we got a present in the form of Log4Shell, which
affects pretty much all artifacts we have ever released.

As per our release lifecycle rules, this means that:

- all release trains up to and including Aluminium are past their End of
Life and will not be receiving a community-driven release

- Silicon is currently in its Security Support period past its last
scheduled Service Release, hence will receive an unscheduled
security-driven SR4 in near future

We can review this in the TSC but I think we can release Silicon SR4 after Phosphorus SR2 and before Sulfur. Thoughts?

- Phosphorus is currently in its normal support period, hence will have
this (and other) issues resolved in the upcoming run-of-the-mill SR2

- Sulfur release train currently mirrors Phosphorus in the parts which
are affected, it will be updated at the same time and Sulfur GA will be
on par with Phosphorus SR2

Re: Phosphorus SR2 code freeze

Daniel de la Rosa

Hello all

@Robert Varga i think we can pick a Phosphorus SR2 RC this week but let me know your thoughts based on the current AR state

Thanks

On Mon, Jan 10, 2022 at 8:00 AM Daniel de la Rosa <ddelarosa0707@...> wrote:
Hello TSC and all

We are going to code freeze Phosphorus for all Managed Projects ( cut and lock release branches ) on Monday January 17th at 10 am pst

Please remember that we only allow blocker bug fixes in release branch after code freezes

Daniel de la Rosa
ODL Release Manager

Thanks

ps. Release schedule and checklist for your reference

https://wiki.opendaylight.org/display/ODL/Phosphorus+SR2+Release+Checklist

https://docs.opendaylight.org/en/latest/release-process/release-schedule.html

ODL Release Manager

netconf-1.13.7 released

netconf-1.13.7, has been released. The only difference since 1.13.6 is adoption of odlparent-8.1.8 et al.

Enjoy,
Robert

mdsal-8.0.10 released

Robert Varga

Hello everyone,

mdsal-8.0.10 has been released, the only change is adoption of
odlparent-9.0.12/yangtools-7.0.12.

Enjoy,
Robert

infrautils-2.0.12 released

Robert Varga

Hello everyone,

infrautils-2.0.12 has been released. This release adopts odlparent-9.0.12.

Enjoy,
Robert

yangtools-7.0.12 released

Robert Varga

Hello everyone,

yangtools-7.0.12 has been released. Release notes are available here: https://jira.opendaylight.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10188&version=13103

Following issues have been resolved:

Task
[YANGTOOLS-1389] - Deprecate overloaded ImmutableNodes.fromInstanceId()
Additionally, this release adopts odlparent-9.0.12.

Enjoy,
Robert

odlparent-9.0.12 released

Robert Varga

Hello everyone,

odlparent-9.0.12 has been released. The release notes are here: https://jira.opendaylight.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10149&version=13112

The full changelog is available here:
https://github.com/opendaylight/odlparent/blob/9.0.x/docs/NEWS.rst#version-9012

Enjoy,
Robert

aaa-0.13.10 released

Robert Varga

Hello everyone,

aaa-0.13.10 has been released. The only difference since 0.13.9 is adoption of odlparent-8.1.8 and related upstreams.

Enjoy,
Robert

controller-3.0.15 released

Robert Varga

Hello everyone,

controller-3.0.15 has been released. The release notes are here: https://jira.opendaylight.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10113&version=13118

The following issues were resolved:

Task
[CONTROLLER-2027] - Upgrade akka to 2.6.18
Additionally upstreams were updated to adopt odlparent-8.1.8.

Enjoy,
Robert

mdsal-7.0.13 released

Robert Varga

Hello everyone,

mdsal-7.0.13 has been released. The only change is adoption of odlparent-8.1.8 and yangtools-6.0.11.

Enjoy,
Robert

yangtools-6.0.11 released

Robert Varga

Hello everyone,

yangtools-6.0.11 has been released. This release only adopts odlparent-8.1.8.

Enjoy,
Robert

infrautils-1.9.14 released

Robert Varga

Hello everyone,

infrautils-1.9.14 has been released. This release adopts odlparent-8.1.8.

Enjoy,