Date

bgpcep-0.17.5 released

bgpcep-0.17.5, has been released. It only adopts netconf-3.0.5 et al.

Enjoy,
Robert

netconf-3.0.5 released

netconf-3.0.5 has been released.

Release notes are available here:
https://jira.opendaylight.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10142&version=13727

The following issues have been resolved:

Bug
[NETCONF-879] - netconf-mdsal fails and affects both testtool and ODL as netconf server
The fix in v3.0.4 was incomplete, hence the respin.

Enjoy,
Robert

bgpcep-0.17.4 released

bgpcep-0.17.4, has been released. It only adopts netconf-3.0.4 et al.

Enjoy,
Robert

netconf-3.0.4 released

netconf-3.0.4, has been released.

Release notes are available here:
https://jira.opendaylight.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10142&version=13704

The following issues have been resolved:

Bug
[NETCONF-875] - Netconf device mount with hostname in payload
[NETCONF-879] - netconf-mdsal fails and affects both testtool and ODL as netconf server
This release also adopts aaa-0.15.5 et al.

Enjoy,
Robert

odlparent-11.0.0 released

Robert Varga

Hello everyone,

odlparent-11.0.0 has been released. JIRA release notes can be found here:
https://jira.opendaylight.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10149&version=13301.

There are three issues addressed:

Epic
[ODLPARENT-256] - Use Java 17 as the target release
Task
[ODLPARENT-281] - Adopt Karaf-4.3.7 or later
[ODLPARENT-283] - Remove Google Truth declaration
[ODLPARENT-285] - Remove common-codec packaging
[ODLPARENT-286] - Remove commons-fileupload declaration
[ODLPARENT-287] - Remove commons-net packaging
[ODLPARENT-288] - Remove jsonassert declaration
[ODLPARENT-289] - Add argparse4j declaration
[ODLPARENT-290] - Remove Jung2 packaging
Bug
[ODLPARENT-284] - java.net.http does not work with odlparent-10.0.1
The full changelog is available here:
https://github.com/opendaylight/odlparent/blob/master/docs/NEWS.rst#version-1100

This release is slated for Chlorine integration.

Enjoy,
Robert

[opendaylight-dev][release] OpenDaylight - Phosphorus SR3 release status

Anil Belur

Hello All,

OpenDaylight Phosphorus SR3 version bump is complete and the staging repository has been promoted. The 'stable/phosphorus' branch remains unlocked and ready for development.

Pending activities required to be complete for the release:
1. Self-managed projects to release artifacts for Phosphorus SR3.
2. Release Distribution once the 1. is complete.
3. Release notes - https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/c/docs/+/101432.
4. Update ODL downloads page [1.].

Many thanks to everyone who contributed to the Phosphorus SR3 release.

[0.] https://docs.opendaylight.org/en/latest/downloads.html

controller-5.0.5 released

Robert Varga

Hello everyone,

controller-5.0.5 has been released, the release notes are here:
https://jira.opendaylight.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10113&version=13702.

The following issues were addressed relative to 5.0.4:

Bug
[CONTROLLER-2037] - Fail to serialize oversized message
Enjoy,
Robert

mdsal-9.0.4 released

Robert Varga

Hello everyone,

mdsal-9.0.4 has been released, not much to see here, just adoption of yangtools-8.0.6.

Enjoy,
Robert

yangtools-8.0.6 released

Robert Varga

Hello everyone,

yangtools-8.0.6 has been released. The release notes are at
https://jira.opendaylight.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10188&version=13701.

Following issues were resolved in this release:

Improvement
[YANGTOOLS-1437] - Normalize Decimal64 scale in DecimalStringCodec
[YANGTOOLS-1440] - Add support for adjusting Decimal64 scale
Bug
[YANGTOOLS-1434] - Building SchemaContext fails when augmenting submodel data
[YANGTOOLS-1438] - Decimal64.toString() loses negative sign
Enjoy,
Robert

bgpcep-0.16.15 released

bgpcep-0.16.15 has been released. Release notes are available here: https://jira.opendaylight.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10108&version=13209

The following issues have been fixed since 0.16.14:

Improvement
[BGPCEP-1006] - Reuse Timers across multiple PCEP requests
[BGPCEP-1007] - PCEPTopologySessionListener fails to clean up requests on shutdown

Enjoy,
Robert

netconf-2.0.16 released

netconf-2.0.16, has been released.

Release notes are available here:
https://jira.opendaylight.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10142&version=13708

The following issues have been resolved:

Bug
[NETCONF-875] - Netconf device mount with hostname in payload
Enjoy,
Robert

aaa-0.14.12 and aaa-0.14.13 released

Robert Varga

Hello everyone,

aaa-0.14.12 and 0.14.13 have been released. The delta against 0.14.11 is alignment of yangtools versions and adoption of odlparent-9.0.15 et al.

Enjoy,
Robert

controller-4.0.12 released

Robert Varga

Hello everyone,

controller-4.0.12 has been released. The only delta to 4.0.11 is adoption of odlparent-9.0.15 et al.

Enjoy,
Robert

mdsal-8.0.15 released

Robert Varga

Hello everyone,

mdsal-8.0.15 has been released. The only delta against 8.0.14 is adoption of odlparent-9.0.15 et al.

Enjoy,
Robert

yangtools-7.0.17 released

Robert Varga

Hello everyone,

yangtools-7.0.17 has been released. There are no explicit changes --
just adoption of odlparent-9.0.15 and a few internal parser cleanups.

Enjoy,
Robert

Re: Sulfur SR1 and Phosphorus SR3 announcement

Daniel de la Rosa

On Thu, May 19, 2022 at 12:09 PM Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:
On 19/05/2022 17:42, Robert Varga wrote:
>> phosphorus looks ready for SR3. I'm going to pick AR #48 since it
>> looks ready if everybody is ok with that
>>
>> https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/integration-distribution-test-phosphorus/408/
>> <https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/integration-distribution-test-phosphorus/408/>
>>

> Not quite, there was a snag with netty-4.1.77, hence the MRI bump is not
> complete yet (still needs bgpcep release, which I am in the process of
> spinning). The bump should be ready tomorrow CET.

This is done and should be part of next AR run.

Great, thanks for the update.  So I think for phosphorous, we can go with AR#50 even when we had a  non critical issue with OFP

For Sulfur SR1, I'll just pick the build 53 since they are all still in the same state..

Any comments before i put these two for approval

https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/integration-distribution-test-phosphorus/408/ <https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/integration-distribution-test-phosphorus/408/>
Not quite, there was a snag with netty-4.1.77, hence the MRI bump is not complete yet (still needs bgpcep release, which I am in the process of spinning). The bump should be ready tomorrow CET.
This is done and should be part of next AR run.

Re: Sulfur SR1 and Phosphorus SR3 announcement

Robert Varga

On 19/05/2022 16:54, Daniel de la Rosa wrote:
Hello Robert and all
On Mon, May 16, 2022 at 12:40 PM Robert Varga <nite@... <mailto:nite@...>> wrote:
On 13/05/2022 07:38, Daniel de la Rosa wrote:
> Hello TSC and all
>
> We are going to code freeze Sulfur  and Phosphorus for all Managed
> Projects ( cut and lock release branches ) on Monday May 16th at
10 am
> UTC. We are doing these two releases in parallel to catch up on the
> release schedule.
>
> Please remember that we only allow blocker bug fixes in release
branch
> after code freezes
stable/sulfur has been updated with the MRI code drop.
we are still seeing these  OFP issues ( and one BGPCEP)  with sulfur for SR1.. Is there a jira ticket to fix these issues?
https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/integration-distribution-test-sulfur/256/ <https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/integration-distribution-test-sulfur/256/>
The BGP failure seems to be caused by infra -- see CONTROLLER-2043. OFP is getting bitten by that as well, but also by CONTROLLER-2037. I can't do anything about them in SR1 timeframe.

phosphorus looks ready for SR3. I'm going to pick AR #48 since it looks ready if everybody is ok with that
https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/integration-distribution-test-phosphorus/408/ <https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/job/integration-distribution-test-phosphorus/408/>
Not quite, there was a snag with netty-4.1.77, hence the MRI bump is not complete yet (still needs bgpcep release, which I am in the process of spinning). The bump should be ready tomorrow CET.

Bye,

On Mon, May 16, 2022 at 12:40 PM Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:
On 13/05/2022 07:38, Daniel de la Rosa wrote:
> Hello TSC and all
>
> We are going to code freeze Sulfur  and Phosphorus for all Managed
> Projects ( cut and lock release branches ) on Monday May 16th at 10 am
> UTC. We are doing these two releases in parallel to catch up on the
> release schedule.
>
> Please remember that we only allow blocker bug fixes in release branch
> after code freezes

stable/sulfur has been updated with the MRI code drop.

we are still seeing these  OFP issues ( and one BGPCEP)  with sulfur for SR1.. Is there a jira ticket to fix these issues?

stable/magnesium has not been updated yet, but should get there tomorrow.

phosphorus looks ready for SR3. I'm going to pick AR #48 since it looks ready if everybody is ok with that

infrautils-2.0.15 released

Robert Varga

Hello everyone,

infrautils-2.0.15 has been released. There is not much to write about --
just an update to odlparent-9.0.15 and a cleanup of warnings and dependencies.

Enjoy,