2019.01.29 Kernel Projects weekly meeting minutes


Michael Vorburger <vorburger@...>
 




#opendaylight-meeting: kernel

Meeting started by vorburger at 17:01:41 UTC (full logs).

Meeting summary

  1. Attendees #info in (vorburger, 17:01:55)
    1. jmorvay skitt vorburger LuisGomez TomP (vorburger, 17:02:17)

  2. Agenda bashing (vorburger, 17:03:18)
    1. https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Kernel_Projects_Call#Upcoming_Agenda_Topics (vorburger, 17:03:28)
    2. 1. Java 11 (vorburger, 17:03:48)
    3. 2. NETCONF-584 (vorburger, 17:04:01)
    4. 3. /CONTROLLER-1831 & MDSAL-418 (vorburger, 17:04:17)

  3. Java 11 (vorburger, 17:04:22)
    1. autorelease already has a Java 11 job (vorburger, 17:05:03)
    2. system tests (CSIT) still under Java 8 (vorburger, 17:05:38)
    3. LuisGomez clarifies plan was to get autorelease to build a Java 11 distribution and then run system tests (CSIT), which has not yet happened (vorburger, 17:06:59)
    4. https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/view/autorelease/ (LuisGomez, 17:07:34)
    5. currrently broken in COE due to the usual annotation problem (vorburger, 17:10:02)
    6. ACTION: vorburger to fix COE for java 11 (unless rovarga already has raised a patch for this) (vorburger, 17:10:20)
    7. ACTION: vorburger to see where it fails next and bug project (vorburger, 17:10:36)

  4. NETCONF-584 (vorburger, 17:11:07)
    1. https://jira.opendaylight.org/browse/NETCONF-584 (vorburger, 17:11:16)
    2. EXI stands for Efficient XML Interchange (rovarga, 17:15:07)
    3. it encodes XML infoset (i.e. NETCONF messages) in binary formatting rather than XML text (rovarga, 17:18:52)
    4. there are multiple modes of operations (rovarga, 17:19:01)
    5. the basic one does not take any information about the structure of the XML, which is what we have used so far (rovarga, 17:19:28)
    6. an extended version takes an .XSD to better inform ourselves about how to encode the XML (rovarga, 17:19:48)
    7. we use netconf.xsd to improve packing of NETCONF messages (rovarga, 17:20:05)
    8. because compiling the xsd into exificient grammar takes too long (rovarga, 17:20:55)

  5. CONTROLLER-1831 & MDSAL-418 (vorburger, 17:21:54)
    1. https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Kernel_Projects_Call#Upcoming_Agenda_Topics (vorburger, 17:24:33)
    2. https://jira.opendaylight.org/browse/MDSAL-392 (rovarga, 17:25:02)
    3. https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/#/c/79886/ (vorburger, 17:30:34)
    4. Injector injector = Guice.createInjector(PRODUCTION, new InMemoryDOMDataBrokerModule(), new BindingModule(new PurelyClassLoadingSchemaWiring())); (vorburger, 17:32:17)

  6. Previous Meeting Topics which need more discussion? (vorburger, 17:39:33)
  7. Java 11, bis (vorburger, 17:40:26)
    1. ACTION: vorburger to provide feedback by Thursday TSC re. Red Hat position (vorburger, 17:40:42)
    2. ACTION: rovarga is checking with ONAP re. Java 11 (vorburger, 17:42:34)
Meeting ended at 17:46:19 UTC (full logs).

Action items

  1. vorburger to fix COE for java 11 (unless rovarga already has raised a patch for this)
  2. vorburger to see where it fails next and bug project
  3. vorburger to provide feedback by Thursday TSC re. Red Hat position
  4. rovarga is checking with ONAP re. Java 11

Action items, by person

  1. rovarga
    1. vorburger to fix COE for java 11 (unless rovarga already has raised a patch for this)
    2. rovarga is checking with ONAP re. Java 11
  2. vorburger
    1. vorburger to fix COE for java 11 (unless rovarga already has raised a patch for this)
    2. vorburger to see where it fails next and bug project
    3. vorburger to provide feedback by Thursday TSC re. Red Hat position

People present (lines said)

  1. vorburger (31)
  2. rovarga (9)
  3. odl_meetbot (6)
  4. LuisGomez (1)
  5. jmorvay (0)
  6. skitt (0)
  7. #info (0)

Generated by MeetBot 0.1.4.

Join z.archive.aaa-dev@lists.opendaylight.org to automatically receive all group messages.