Date

Re: [integration-dev] [lispflowmapping-dev] [opendaylight-dev] Verify Oxygen RC3 build 2018-03-19

Jamo Luhrsen <jluhrsen@...>

On 3/20/18 7:56 AM, Thanh Ha wrote:
On Tue, Mar 20, 2018 at 5:46 AM, Lori Jakab <lorand.jakab+odl@... <mailto:lorand.jakab+odl@...>> wrote:

Hi,

The lispflowmapping CSIT failed due to an infra issue, the error
message in the logs is: "03:38:32 ERROR: Failed to initialize
infrastructure. Reason: Timed out"

-Lori

Build #215 of that job passed so I think we're good here.
I double checked that #215 used Oxygen RC3 and it did. All good.

JamO

Regards,
Thanh

Re: [lispflowmapping-dev] [opendaylight-dev] Verify Oxygen RC3 build 2018-03-19

Lori Jakab <lorand.jakab+odl@...>

Hi,

The lispflowmapping CSIT failed due to an infra issue, the error
message in the logs is: "03:38:32 ERROR: Failed to initialize
infrastructure. Reason: Timed out"

-Lori

On Tue, Mar 20, 2018 at 11:00 AM, Anil Belur <abelur@...> wrote:

On Tue, Mar 20, 2018 at 10:52 AM, Thanh Ha <thanh.ha@...>
wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Good news! We have a RC3 release candidate available and ready to test.
Details located here [1]. We are waiting for the distribution-test job to
complete running so that we can update the spreadsheet [2].

We will send off another email once that is done. In the meantime please
begin formal testing of this release candidate.

Cheers,
Thanh

[1]
https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Simultaneous_Release:Oxygen_Release_Plan#RC3_Download
[2]
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dYOY99twqHV_Q0YorAOOxmL0aFc3icNXg8qA_zGwKyA/edit#gid=2078704307
Greetings all:

Int/dist job #213 is completed and the RC3 status is updated in spreadsheet
with the failed CSIT jobs.
Request the below projects to update the status on the spreadsheet.

* aaa
* bgpcep
* controller
* distribution
* dluxapps
* genius
* groupbasedpolicy
* l2switch
* lispflowmapping
* mdsal
* netconf
* netvirt
* openflowplugin
* ovsdb
* sfc
* sxp
* tsdr
* usc
* vtn
* yangtools

[1.]
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dYOY99twqHV_Q0YorAOOxmL0aFc3icNXg8qA_zGwKyA/edit#gid=2078704307
[2.]
https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/job/integration-distribution-test-oxygen/213/

Re: [opendaylight-dev] Verify Oxygen RC3 build 2018-03-19

Anil Belur <abelur@...>

[...]

[release] Autorelease carbon failed to build aaa-cert from aaa

Jenkins <jenkins-dontreply@...>

Attention aaa-devs,

Autorelease carbon failed to build aaa-cert from aaa in build
549. Attached is a snippet of the error message related to the
failure that we were able to automatically parse as well as console logs.

Console Logs:
https://logs.opendaylight.org/releng/vex-yul-odl-jenkins-1/autorelease-release-carbon/549

Jenkins Build:
https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/job/autorelease-release-carbon/549/

Please review and provide an ETA on when a fix will be available.

Thanks,
ODL releng/autorelease team

NPE while launching karaf

A Vamsikrishna

Hi Ryan/Evan/Ignacio,

I am seeing NPE while launching karaf:

/distribution/karaf/target/assembly/bin$ ./karaf clean

Apache Karaf starting up. Press Enter to open the shell now...

Error installing bundle listed in startup.properties with url: mvn:org.osgi/org.osgi.service.event/1.3.1 and startlevel: 7

                at org.apache.karaf.main.Main.destroy(Main.java:634)

                at org.apache.karaf.main.Main.main(Main.java:183)

Attaching my startup.properties file. Any idea about this ?

Thanks,

Vamsi

add "Fluorine" to Versions list in AAA JIRA project

Michael Vorburger <vorburger@...>

Ryan or any other active AAA committer,

would you be able to add "Fluorine" to Versions list in the AAA JIRA project?

Tx,
M.
--
Michael Vorburger, Red Hat
vorburger@... | IRC: vorburger @freenode | ~ = http://vorburger.ch

[release] Autorelease carbon failed to build aaa-cert from aaa

Jenkins <jenkins-dontreply@...>

Attention aaa-devs,

Autorelease carbon failed to build aaa-cert from aaa in build
548. Attached is a snippet of the error message related to the
failure that we were able to automatically parse as well as console logs.

Console Logs:
https://logs.opendaylight.org/releng/vex-yul-odl-jenkins-1/autorelease-release-carbon/548

Jenkins Build:
https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/job/autorelease-release-carbon/548/

Please review and provide an ETA on when a fix will be available.

Thanks,
ODL releng/autorelease team

[release] Autorelease nitrogen failed to build aaa-cert from aaa

Jenkins <jenkins-dontreply@...>

Attention aaa-devs,

Autorelease nitrogen failed to build aaa-cert from aaa in build
419. Attached is a snippet of the error message related to the
failure that we were able to automatically parse as well as console logs.

Console Logs:
https://logs.opendaylight.org/releng/vex-yul-odl-jenkins-1/autorelease-release-nitrogen/419

Jenkins Build:
https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/job/autorelease-release-nitrogen/419/

Please review and provide an ETA on when a fix will be available.

Thanks,
ODL releng/autorelease team

Re: c/68415 add new API for programmatic registration of web Servlet, Filter, etc.

Michael Vorburger <vorburger@...>

+aaa-dev FYI:

Robert, and other interested parties in this matter:

On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 2:51 PM, Michael Vorburger <vorburger@...> wrote:
On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 5:24 AM, Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:
On 26/02/18 11:18, Michael Vorburger wrote:
> Hello Robert,

Hello Michael,

> [...]
> for programmatic registration of web Servlet, Filter, etc. in infrautils
> to be initially used in neutron
> https://lists.opendaylight.org/pipermail/neutron-dev/2018-February/001587.html
> <https://lists.opendaylight.org/pipermail/neutron-dev/2018-February/001587.html>
> and later in aaa and restconf.
>
> I thought it may be easiest to have a quick discussion on an email
> thread than on Gerrit, so in reply to your -1 review:
>
>> What is the added value when compared to servlet-api?
>> I feel this adds an unnecessary layer of indirection.
>
> So I had actually looked into this whole area quite a bit, and tried a
> bunch of things, but basically I was not able to figure out how to use
> the Servlet 3.0 API to dynamically register Servlet, Filter, etc. at
> run-time in an environment such as OSGi... :-( From what I gathered,
> there are (at least) the following couple of problems:
>
> A. that new dynamic registration stuff in the Servlet 3.x API is very
> much geared towards "on WAR start up" scenerios, but NOT intended for
> "add web components to a running web server". See also
> e.g. https://github.com/eclipse/jetty.project/issues/1395
> <https://github.com/eclipse/jetty.project/issues/1395> where Jetty threw
> me an IllegalStateException when I played with this. And even if one
> were to try to "fix" Jetty, wait for a release, and upgrade (which is
> WAAAY beyond the timeline I wanted to get this done in!), AFAIK we would
> be working around the Servlet Spec, and could hit similar problems again
> if ever someone wanted to run this on something else than Jetty.
>
> B. even if - that ServletContainerInitializer stuff still needs
> something to "bootstrap", to "hook into", from some sort of start-up
> code in OSGi - whether an arbitrary ODL bundle's Activator (bad) or BP
> Bean @PostConstruct (nice) or DS. NB the this JD quote: "Implementations
> of this interface must be declared by a JAR file resource located inside
> the META-INF/services directory and named for the fully qualified class
> name of this interface, and will be discovered using the runtime's
> service provider lookup mechanism or a container specific mechanism that
> is semantically equivalent to it." is... urgh! No. Not in OSGi. Just a
> simple explicit web component registration service API with a very
> narrow surface is really all this needs.
>
> C. the full Servlet API offers a whole lot of other methods which I do
> not see how we would implement in a "bridge" to Karaf's Jetty Web
> server. (Whereas, full disclosure from my side, I actually already have
> the implementation of the API proposed in c/68415; I just want to
> introduce things step by step for easier reviews.)
>
> Long story short.. next step? Perhaps if you have a concrete proposal
> how we can use the servlet-api instead of what I'm proposing on c/68415,
> then please provide more details / show us how to use the Servlet API to
> register a servlet and filter from an OSGi bundle in Karaf ?

It boils down to what ws.rs implementation

I'm assuming you mean JAX-RS here, not https://ws-rs.org ? :-)

we choose and how we
integrate with it. There are at least three choices:
- jersey
- CFX
- resteasy

sure - but I'm confused now; jersey/CFX/resteasy has nothing directly to do with the goal of c/68415, which is to replace the web.xml with programmatic registration of web components (incl. e.g. AAA or Cross Origin Filters, apart from JAX-RS) in order to have number of advantages, some of which are documented in the JavaDoc of the new WebServer interface in c/68415: 1. code instead XML, 2. instances instead of classes, 3. possibly standalone instead of OSGi, for testing.

BTW: https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/#/c/68767/ is an illustration of how c/68415 can be used. Very nice, no?

When we are talking about OSGi/BP integration, CXF allows for webservice
applications to be declared in BP and it comes pre-packaged with
Karaf... So it's not like we only have jersey as the only choice.

again, interesting; but that's not what I'm after primarily; I'm proposing a simple explicit web component registration service API to replace web.xml for any web components - not just JAX RS webservice applications (Jersey or not).

There literally are 11 instances of web.xml within OpenDaylight
codebase, some extremely simple, others involving filters. I do not
believe we rolling our own should be the first choice, but we should
carefully and fully explore the space and find a solution which requires
us to maintain minimum amount of ODL-specific code...

I hereby confirm that I have, to the best of my abilities, explored this space, and concluded that a simple API to register web components as proposed in c/68415 is the suitable solution. The amount of ODL-specific code is relatively small. To avoid any possible misinterpretation of what follow-up change I'll raise after the propose API: The OSGi implementation would be an adapter to PAX Web, in the order of magnitude of likely tens not even hundreds of lines. I'm hoping that this suitably addressed your concern re. maintain minimum amount of ODL-specific code.

What do you propose as next step? Do you have a counter proposal illustrating how to forget about c/68415 and use the Servlet API in c/68767 instead? Or should we chat by voice in tomorrow's Kernel meeting to wrap this up?

as discussed in last week's Kernel meeting, see minutes on https://meetings.opendaylight.org/opendaylight-meeting/2018/kernel_projects/opendaylight-meeting-kernel_projects.2018-02-27-17.01.html, I've now initially proposed this into AAA instead of infrautils, see https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/#/q/topic:simple-dist_web, and look forward to agree next steps on this front in today's Kernel call together with everyone interested.

Tx,
M.
--
Michael Vorburger, Red Hat
vorburger@... | IRC: vorburger @freenode | ~ = http://vorburger.ch

[release] Autorelease nitrogen failed to build aaa-cert from aaa

Jenkins <jenkins-dontreply@...>

Attention aaa-devs,

Autorelease nitrogen failed to build aaa-cert from aaa in build
418. Attached is a snippet of the error message related to the
failure that we were able to automatically parse as well as console logs.

Console Logs:
https://logs.opendaylight.org/releng/vex-yul-odl-jenkins-1/autorelease-release-nitrogen/418

Jenkins Build:
https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/job/autorelease-release-nitrogen/418/

Please review and provide an ETA on when a fix will be available.

Thanks,
ODL releng/autorelease team

Re: [release] Autorelease fluorine failed to build aaa-cert from aaa

Ryan Goulding <ryandgoulding@...>

Filed fix [0].  Will merge asap.

Regards,

Ryan Goulding

On Sun, Mar 4, 2018 at 7:55 PM, Jenkins <jenkins-dontreply@...> wrote:
Attention aaa-devs,

Autorelease fluorine failed to build aaa-cert from aaa in build
7. Attached is a snippet of the error message related to the
failure that we were able to automatically parse as well as console logs.

Console Logs:
https://logs.opendaylight.org/releng/vex-yul-odl-jenkins-1/autorelease-release-fluorine/7

Jenkins Build:
https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/job/autorelease-release-fluorine/7/

Please review and provide an ETA on when a fix will be available.

Thanks,
ODL releng/autorelease team

Re: [release] Autorelease oxygen failed to build aaa-cert from aaa

Ryan Goulding <ryandgoulding@...>

Filed blocker [0] and fix [1].  Will merge asap.

On Sun, Mar 4, 2018 at 7:43 PM, Jenkins <jenkins-dontreply@...> wrote:
Attention aaa-devs,

Autorelease oxygen failed to build aaa-cert from aaa in build
198. Attached is a snippet of the error message related to the
failure that we were able to automatically parse as well as console logs.

Console Logs:
https://logs.opendaylight.org/releng/vex-yul-odl-jenkins-1/autorelease-release-oxygen/198

Jenkins Build:
https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/job/autorelease-release-oxygen/198/

Please review and provide an ETA on when a fix will be available.

Thanks,
ODL releng/autorelease team

Re: "Error: Could not find or load main class" in Oxygen distribution while using karaf

A Vamsikrishna

It's working after removing the space from the current path (CommunityOxygen).

Thanks Stephen :)

Regards,
Vamsi