Question on AAA clustering with Nitrogen

Srini Seetharaman

Hi, I recently migrated to Nitrogen from an earlier release. I notice that the odl-aaa-mdsal-cluster feature is not available anymore. As the documentation suggests, do we need to explore out-of-band mechanisms to keep the cluster instance in sync with AAA credentials?

Thanks
Srini.

Jamo Luhrsen <jluhrsen@...>

Hi Srini,

Maybe you want to use odl-mdsal-clustering?

opendaylight-user@root>feature:list | grep odl-mdsal-cluster
odl-mdsal-clustering-commons | 1.6.2.SNAPSHOT | | Uninstalled |
odl-mdsal-clustering-commons | odl-mdsal-clustering-commons
odl-mdsal-clustering | 1.6.2.SNAPSHOT | | Uninstalled | odl-mdsal-clustering
| odl-mdsal-clustering
opendaylight-user@root>

I'm not sure about your question regarding keeping AAA credentials in sync,
but hopefully a AAA person will know and can reply.

Thanks,
JamO

On 02/02/2018 01:02 PM, Srini Seetharaman wrote:
Hi, I recently migrated to Nitrogen from an earlier release. I notice that the odl-aaa-mdsal-cluster feature is not
available anymore. As the documentation suggests, do we need to explore out-of-band mechanisms to keep the cluster
instance in sync with AAA credentials?

Thanks
Srini.

Ryan Goulding <ryandgoulding@...>

He was referring to the MDSAL based credential store that we deprecated several releases ago and removed in Nitrogen.  Yes, that is gone;  if you need to cluster credentials you need to use some other method.

Best,
Ryan

Regards,

Ryan Goulding