Once we get the routing path, we can compute endpoint costs based on different cost metrics. Hopcount is easy to compute while bandwidth is a little more complicated since we have to get the bandwidth of each link at first.
@Richard The following is what we have done during the past three days:
1. Get attachment point of host by host IP address. Done. (Shu, Xiao)
2. Look up flow table to get matching flow entry and next switch. Almost Done. (Xiao, Shu)
3. Figure out how to force ODL controller to compute routing path. In progress. (Mingming)
4. Setting up a mininet + controller test environment in our lab. (Junzhuo, Xiao)
5. Some code refactoring. (Shu)
Things left to be done:
1. Figure out how to force ODL controller to compute routing path.
2. Figure out how to get bandwidth of each link.
3. Combine all the parts together.
From tomorrow, we will focus on left problems. Mingming has made some progress in the first one but it will be great if we have someone else to help.
Thanks a lot.