Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] Fwd: Re: New committers

chenguohai

Hi Richard,

I am updating ALTO client to 01 version. It should be finished in four days as I have another ppt to finish.

BR

G.Robert  Chen

Chen Guohai (Robert), 陈国海. Network Research Department, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. Telephone: 0086-25-56624606;   http://www.huawei.com

This e-mail and its attachments contain confidential information from HUAWEI, which is intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed above. Any use of the  information contained herein in any way (including, but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by phone or email immediately and delete it!

From: Y. Richard Yang <yry@...>
Date: Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 10:58 AM
Subject: Re: [alto-dev] [OpenDaylight TSC] Fwd: Re: New committers
To: Colin Dixon <colin@...>
Cc: Gao Kai <gaok12@...>, "alto-dev@..." <alto-dev@...>

Colin,

On Thu, Sep 17, 2015 at 10:50 AM, Colin Dixon <colin@...> wrote:

So, when the project proposal was approved, it was this:
https://wiki.opendaylight.org/index.php?title=Project_Proposals:Alto&oldid=25169

There were 4 committers listed:
* Xiao Shi (Shixiao) (Yale University)
* Xin (Tony) Wang (Tonywang) (Tongji University)
* Y. Richard Yang (Yrichardyang) (Yale/Tongji University)
* Wendy Roome (Wdroome) (Bell Labs)

Those four people should have full committer rights in gerrit and should also be voting members of the project when it comes to adding new committers.

Along those lines, I have 3 requests:
1.) Remove Huaming Guo as an initial committer fomr the project proposal, since he wasn't one.
2.) If it's possible get the other current committers (Xiao, Xin, and Wendy) to vote on the newly proposed committers.
3.) Remove the new committers (Shu, Kai, Guohai, and Yichen) from the main page until they are voted on by the project committers and approved by the TSC.

The three requests make sense. Let us follow the procedure and get them done soon.

Thanks for the guidance!

Richard

Let me know if that makes sense.

--Colin

On Fri, Sep 11, 2015 at 3:48 PM, Y. Richard Yang <yry@...> wrote:

Hi Colin,

On Fri, Sep 11, 2015 at 2:48 PM, Colin Dixon <colin@...> wrote:

Out of curiosity, what do you mean when you say "Richard, the only committer of ALTO project at the moment"?

As I see it you have 8 committers listed here:
https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/ALTO:Main

I think there is a misunderstanding here. When we listed the names on the preceding Web page, we thought those names would be contributors, i.e., they would participate in the project, but without the ability to commit in the sense of git approval. Hence, I am the only git committer/approver. This also explains why we added Huaming without seeking the approval of TSC. Does this clarify?

Richard

That's also odd because you only have 5 initial committers listed here and I don't remember the TSC approving more:
https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Project_Proposals:Alto#Initial_Committers

More odd is that you seem to have added  Huaming Guo as an initial committer after the project was approved on January 8th:
https://wiki.opendaylight.org/index.php?title=Project_Proposals%3AAlto&diff=26601&oldid=25169

--Colin

On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 10:53 PM, Gao Kai <gaok12@...> wrote:

Dear TSC,

We have carried out a public vote for three new committers in ALTO project [0].  Richard, the only committer of ALTO project at the moment, has voted +1 for all three candidates.

[0] https://lists.opendaylight.org/pipermail/alto-dev/2015-September/000217.html

Regards,
Kai