Re: [Odlparent-dev] [release] Autorelease nitrogen failed to build odl-alto-northbound from alto

Michael Vorburger <vorburger@...>

On Tue, Oct 3, 2017 at 12:04 PM, Vratko Polak -X (vrpolak - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES at Cisco) <vrpolak@...> wrote:

> I believe this is due to the odlparent 2.0.5 version bump happening right?

Yes. See [2].

> "no security manager: RMI class loader disabled"

That is a generic error, meaning

the communication with Karaf container has failed.

The specific errors are inside surefire log [3].

yeah exactly, you'll find the "real" reason there - what you saw here is just a symptom.

PS: But what is a curious is the "ClassNotFoundException: org.junit.runners.model.TestTimedOutException" - that looks like some.. mismatch of Pax Exam front-end and back-end used, or something like that? I would not have expected a ClassNotFoundException, even if the communication with Karaf container fails. No time on my side to dig into this right now, but if we see these ClassNotFoundException from SFT more often, we should probably find out more about what's going on here... (but again, this is NOT the reason for this failure).

Vratko.

[2] https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/#/q/topic:nitrogen-odlparent-2.0.5

[3] https://logs.opendaylight.org/releng/jenkins092/autorelease-release-nitrogen/223/alto/alto-release-features/odl-alto-northbound/target/surefire-reports/org.opendaylight.odlparent.featuretest.SingleFeatureTest-output.txt.gz

"no security manager: RMI class loader disabled"

I believe this is due to the odlparent 2.0.5 version bump happening right?

Regards,

Thanh

On Mon, Oct 2, 2017 at 4:04 PM, Kit Lou <klou.external@...> wrote:

Hello Alto Project Team,

The nitrogen autorelease build failed the past few days in the same unit test in ALTO.

I have attached a build log snippet below.  Could you please take a look?

Thanks,

Kit Lou

T E S T S
Running org.opendaylight.odlparent.featuretest.SingleFeatureTest
Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 614.932 sec <<< FAILURE! - in org.opendaylight.odlparent.featuretest.SingleFeatureTest
installFeatureCatchAndLog(org.opendaylight.odlparent.featuretest.SingleFeatureTest)[repoUrl: file:/w/workspace/autorelease-release-nitrogen/alto/alto-release-features/odl-alto-northbound/target/feature/feature.xml, Feature: odl-alto-northbound 0.5.1] Time elapsed: 614.352 sec <<< ERROR!
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.junit.runners.model.TestTimedOutException (no security manager: RMI class loader disabled)
at sun.rmi.server.LoaderHandler.loadClass(LoaderHandler.java:396)
at sun.rmi.server.LoaderHandler.loadClass(LoaderHandler.java:186)

On Sun, Oct 1, 2017 at 8:09 PM, Jenkins <jenkins-dontreply@opendaylight.org> wrote:

Attention alto-devs,

Autorelease nitrogen failed to build odl-alto-northbound from alto in build
223. Attached is a snippet of the error message related to the
failure that we were able to automatically parse as well as console logs.

Console Logs:
https://logs.opendaylight.org/releng/jenkins092/autorelease-release-nitrogen/223

Jenkins Build:
https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/job/autorelease-release-nitrogen/223/

Please review and provide an ETA on when a fix will be available.

Thanks,
ODL releng/autorelease team

Join z.archive.alto-dev@lists.opendaylight.org to automatically receive all group messages.