From: "Bertz, Lyle T [CTO]" <Lyle.T.Bertz@...>
Date: Fri, May 29, 2015 at 15:21
To: Wendy Roome <w.roome@...>, "Y. Richard Yang" <yry@...>
Cc: "alto@..." <alto@...>, Hans Seidel <hseidel@...>, "alto-dev@..." <alto-dev@...>
Subject: RE: [alto] Interop test

I have a much larger question about ordinal rank in 7285, is it the expectation that ordinal ranks are true metrics in practice.  In other words are they or even the original metrics true mathematical metrics, i.e. non-negative, have symmetry, coincidence axiom and the triangle inequality.  Further are they formally ultrametrics or intrinsic?

I only ask because depending on the answer we can add services for max distance, sum distance and the like that apply graph theory to the resulting maps.  Who know, I may even be able to apply my only graph theories to them but I will keep such aspirations low at the moment.

Join z.archive.alto-dev@lists.opendaylight.org to automatically receive all group messages.