Date

Re: Alto question

Gao Kai

Hi Anaïs,

It's great to know that you are interested in the ALTO implementation!

The ALTO implementation comes as a part of the Open Daylight platform. There are two ways to install it.

1. Download an Open Daylight installation. The ALTO project should be included in the installation as well.
2. You can clone the public ALTO repository from github [1] and compile the alto-karaf. It would contain a minimal karaf runtime with ALTO components.

The build system is Maven. It would be easier if you have some experience before.

About the usage, the project is released under Eclipse Public License v1.0 so I think you can definitely use it for academic purposes. But if your project has a product, you may consider consulting a lawyer instead :)

Best,
Kai

On Fri, Nov 8, 2019 at 1:35 AM annais escribano ramos <annais995@...> wrote:
Hello, my name is Anaïs, a few months ago I found out about the ALTO protocol. Then I started to search for server implementations and I found yours, which I think is by far the best I've seen.

I wanted to install your implementation in my machine and I was wondering what requirements the machine has to have to support it.

And about the usage, can I use it for academic purposes?

Thank you in advance. Best regards,

Anaïs-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

View/Reply Online (#541): https://lists.opendaylight.org/g/alto-dev/message/541
Mute This Topic: https://lists.opendaylight.org/mt/46383324/1963349
Group Owner: alto-dev+owner@...
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Alto question

annais escribano ramos <annais995@...>

Hello, my name is Anaïs, a few months ago I found out about the ALTO protocol. Then I started to search for server implementations and I found yours, which I think is by far the best I've seen.

I wanted to install your implementation in my machine and I was wondering what requirements the machine has to have to support it.

And about the usage, can I use it for academic purposes?

Thank you in advance. Best regards,

Anaïs

Re: [release] Autorelease oxygen failed to build alto-service-model-networkmap from alto

Ariel Adam <aadam@...>

Thanks for the fix Robert.

On Wed, Aug 1, 2018 at 12:22 PM Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:
On 01/08/18 07:21, Ariel Adam wrote:
> Hi guys.
> Any idea what this error is about?
>
> *01:00:20* [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
> org.opendaylight.yangtools:yang-maven-plugin:2.0.6.1:generate-sources
> (binding) on project alto-service-model-networkmap: Failed to process
> reactor ProcessorModuleReactor{sources=[RevisionSourceIdentifier
> [name=alto-model-networkmap-rfc7285@2015-10-21],
> RevisionSourceIdentifier [name=alto-model-networkmap@2015-10-21]],
> parser=org.opendaylight.yangtools.yang.parser.impl.YangParserImpl@25868bfc}:
> Failed to assemble sources: Some of STATEMENT_DEFINITION modifiers for
> statements were not resolved. Cannot resolve QNameModule for
> 'alto-resourcepool:resource-type' [at
> /w/workspace/autorelease-release-oxygen/alto/alto-core/standard-service-models/model-networkmap/src/main/yang/alto-model-networkmap.yang:30:8]
> -> [Help 1]

'alto-resourcepool' vs.
'alto-resourcpool'

https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/#/c/74722/

Bye,
Robert

Re: [release] Autorelease oxygen failed to build alto-service-model-networkmap from alto

Robert Varga <nite@...>

[...]

Have you seen it before?

Thanks.

On Wed, Aug 1, 2018 at 4:00 AM Jenkins <jenkins-dontreply@...> wrote:
Attention alto-devs,

Autorelease oxygen failed to build alto-service-model-networkmap from alto in build
373. Attached is a snippet of the error message related to the
failure that we were able to automatically parse as well as console logs.

Console Logs:
https://logs.opendaylight.org/releng/vex-yul-odl-jenkins-1/autorelease-release-oxygen/373

Jenkins Build:
https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/job/autorelease-release-oxygen/373/

Please review and provide an ETA on when a fix will be available.

Thanks,
ODL releng/autorelease team

[release] Autorelease oxygen failed to build alto-service-model-networkmap from alto

Jenkins <jenkins-dontreply@...>

Attention alto-devs,

Autorelease oxygen failed to build alto-service-model-networkmap from alto in build
373. Attached is a snippet of the error message related to the
failure that we were able to automatically parse as well as console logs.

Console Logs:
https://logs.opendaylight.org/releng/vex-yul-odl-jenkins-1/autorelease-release-oxygen/373

Jenkins Build:
https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/job/autorelease-release-oxygen/373/

Please review and provide an ETA on when a fix will be available.

Thanks,
ODL releng/autorelease team

Re: [release] Autorelease oxygen failed to build odl-alto-resourcepool from alto

Robert Varga <nite@...>

On 09/04/18 15:50, Daniel Farrell wrote:
Hello Kai,

Thanks for the diagnosis.

Is there anything that can be done to properly mitigate the failure? We
have so many transient potential failures that we're almost certain to
hit one on a given autorelease (<=Oxygen, Fluorine should be better
because fewer projects in Managed Release).
Hello,

https://jira.opendaylight.org/browse/ODLPARENT-143 is tracking this for
some time. Noone is working on it AFAICT.

Re: [release] Autorelease oxygen failed to build odl-alto-resourcepool from alto

Gao Kai

Hi Daniel and the autorelease team,

I don't really know for sure. The module only contains a few source files and takes ~10 seconds to compile/test on my laptop. I remember there were quite a few such failures while compiling ALTO modules (and sometimes other projects), but the compilation managed to go through at a certain point. I don't think the transient failures can be mitigated very well by improving a certain project.

One hypothesis is that this could be a JVM issue that it runs short of resources during the compilation. But according to the log, there should still be plenty of memory. Emm...

Since most failures happen during single feature tests, it would be one direction to look into.

As for solutions, first I would think of something such as incremental compilation or checkpoints. Maven has this "-rf" option to resume a compilation. It may not be a good practice in production systems but I feel it might make some sense in handling transient failures.

Another option might be executing the single feature tests after the compilation. As the projects have their own jenkins jobs, they should be less likely to raise compilation errors. Since a success build requires all SFT to pass anyway, I think the order may be less critical.
[Don't know whether this is feasible, though :(]

Just my two cents.

Best,
Kai

On Mon, Apr 9, 2018 at 9:50 PM, Daniel Farrell <dfarrell@...> wrote:
Hello Kai,

Thanks for the diagnosis.

Is there anything that can be done to properly mitigate the failure? We have so many transient potential failures that we're almost certain to hit one on a given autorelease (<=Oxygen, Fluorine should be better because fewer projects in Managed Release).

Thanks,
Daniel

On Mon, Apr 9, 2018 at 7:17 AM Kai GAO <godrickk@...> wrote:
Hi releng/autorelease team,

As the report suggests, the failure is typically transient and should clear in the next run and no fix is required.

Regards,
Kai

On Mon, Apr 9, 2018 at 9:32 AM, Jenkins <jenkins-dontreply@opendaylight.org> wrote:
Attention alto-devs,

Autorelease oxygen failed to build odl-alto-resourcepool from alto in build
257. Attached is a snippet of the error message related to the
failure that we were able to automatically parse as well as console logs.

Console Logs:
https://logs.opendaylight.org/releng/vex-yul-odl-jenkins-1/autorelease-release-oxygen/257

Jenkins Build:
https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/job/autorelease-release-oxygen/257/

Please review and provide an ETA on when a fix will be available.

Thanks,
ODL releng/autorelease team

Kai Gao
PhD Candidate at Institute of Network Science and Cyberspace
Department of Computer Science and Technology
Tsinghua University, Beijing, China

Daniel Farrell <dfarrell@...>

On Mon, Apr 9, 2018 at 9:32 AM, Jenkins <jenkins-dontreply@...> wrote:
[...]

Re: Making controller compatible with multicast.

Jensen Zhang

Hi Dario,

I think the document of openflowplugin has some typos. Obviously, "<ipv4-destination>200.71.9.5210</ipv4-destination>" is not a valid IP address. And from the YANG model [1], the value of this field should be an IP prefix.

I just tested this API with correct IP prefixes on OpenDaylight Carbon SR1. It works. I think the related YANG model never changed since Boron release or even earlier. So it should also work on Nitrogen and Oxygen. Not sure which release you are using.

Add openflowplugin team and documentation team into this thread.

Hi OpenFlow Plugin team,

Can someone take a look at this issue? I think somebody should update the document to fix this typo at least. Because the same typo also appears in the user guide [2], which is a part of the release.

Best,
Jensen

On Sun, Apr 8, 2018 at 12:29 AM Darío César Luzuriaga Sorribes <darioluzuriaga@...> wrote:
Hi, Kai.
Thanks for your feedback.
I'm getting the same error with "100.1.1.1/32" and other
variations.I've been following all the steps from
https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/OpenDaylight_OpenFlow_Plugin:End_to_End_Groups.
It looks like the previous set ups are okay (in the right directories) as well.
./karaf
sudo mn --custom topology.py --topo mytopo
--controller=remote,ip=192.168.56.101         xterm h1 h3 h5
Is there's something else for me to do? Otherwise, I'll have to look
for other alternatives (if any).
Have a great day.

Dario.

<darioluzuriaga@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

Re: [release] Autorelease oxygen failed to build odl-alto-extension from alto

Gao Kai

Seems like the environment problem. I think previously rechecking would help.

On Tue, Jan 30, 2018 at 10:39 AM, Jenkins <jenkins-dontreply@...> wrote:
Attention alto-devs,

Autorelease oxygen failed to build odl-alto-extension from alto in build
131. Attached is a snippet of the error message related to the
failure that we were able to automatically parse as well as console logs.

Console Logs:
https://logs.opendaylight.org/releng/vex-yul-odl-jenkins-1/autorelease-release-oxygen/131

Jenkins Build:
https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/job/autorelease-release-oxygen/131/

[...]

Hi Robert,

That makes sense a lot.

Already merged. Thanks!

Regards,
Kai

On Tue, Jan 23, 2018 at 7:53 AM, Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:
On 22/01/18 15:27, Jensen Zhang wrote:
> I have merged this patch.

Thanks.

Would you consider https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/67447 to
completely remove this dependency, so alto is not afflicted from this in
future, please?

Kai Gao
PhD Candidate at Institute of Network Science and Cyberspace
Department of Computer Science and Technology
Tsinghua University, Beijing, China

Re: [release] Autorelease oxygen failed to build odl-alto-resourcepool from alto

Robert Varga <nite@...>

On 22/01/18 15:27, Jensen Zhang wrote:
I have merged this patch.
Thanks.

Would you consider https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/67447 to
completely remove this dependency, so alto is not afflicted from this in
future, please?

Re: [release] Autorelease oxygen failed to build odl-alto-resourcepool from alto

Jensen Zhang

I have merged this patch.

Best,
Jensen

On Mon, Jan 22, 2018 at 7:02 PM Kai GAO <godrickk@...> wrote:
Hi Thanh,

The patch is now verified. Could you please merge the patch? Thanks!

Regards,
Kai

On Mon, Jan 22, 2018 at 2:45 PM, Kai GAO <godrickk@...> wrote:
Found the yangtools.version property is set to 2.0.0 in the feature. Change it to 2.0.1 and see if things work out.

On Mon, Jan 22, 2018 at 9:42 AM, Thanh Ha <thanh.ha@...> wrote:
On Sun, Jan 21, 2018 at 6:32 PM, Thanh Ha <thanh.ha@...> wrote:
Hi Kai,

On Sat, Jan 20, 2018 at 8:59 PM, Kai GAO <godrickk@...> wrote:
I think the patch is good now.

However, somehow neither Jensen nor I have the committer access anymore. I add Thanh to the reviewer list and hopefully he can take a look and merge the patch.

According to the alto committers group there are 3 committers currently, Kai, Jingxuan, and Richard. So you should be able to merge your own patches. If you're having account issues then please contact the helpdesk to get them resolved.

ETA: as soon as the patch is merged.

Patchset 3 is currently failing verify so it needs to at least pass before we can merge it. I've issued a recheck on patchset 3 and will merge it if it passes but if it doesn't I will need someone to resolve the merge issue.

Regards,
Thanh

I'm not sure what to do about the failure:

Error downloading mvn:org.opendaylight.yangtools/yang-model-export/2.0.1

Seems like perhaps a missing dependency declaration somewhere so karaf is not able to find the artifact. Anyone know what needs to be updated?

Regards,
Thanh