From,
Shu Dong

Re: [release] Release Review Day 3

Y. Richard Yang

Jensen,

Thank you so much!

Richard

On Tuesday, June 23, 2015, Jensen Zhang <jingxuan.n.zhang@...> wrote:
Shu and I attended the review meeting last night, and the full log of the meeting is attached. Just for reference :)

Jensen Zhang
Tongji University

It should be 11:10 PM CT. Typo : )

On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 5:23 PM, Shu Dong <dongs2011@...> wrote:
According to this spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PYxjiSYEks44uJByVO1P44rnI5xTJRulpKyrSsDQF9g/edit#gid=743945554, the meeting for Alto is at 8:10 AM PDT tomorrow, which is 11:30 PM CT. It will be great if we could bring sonar and jenkins on before tomorrow night.

On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 4:53 PM, Gao Kai <godrickk@...> wrote:
What is the due date? I made a little investigation into sonar and jenkins and if time permits we can put some effort into brining them on.

However I think ODL is using sonar and jenkins so it is possible that we only need to improve the unit tests.

On 23/06/15 15:40, Shu Dong wrote:
@Kai That would be great!

Also, I saw that most of other projects are using Sonar or Jenkins Coverage Report(see the links attached in quality assurance section of the release review wiki page) to track the unit test coverage. I have not figure out how it works but I believe we should switch to these two platforms as well(or we already have? Correct me here if necessary).

Thanks!

[...]

dongshu

[...]

Gao Kai

What is the due date? I made a little investigation into sonar and jenkins and if time permits we can put some effort into brining them on.

However I think ODL is using sonar and jenkins so it is possible that we only need to improve the unit tests.

On 23/06/15 15:40, Shu Dong wrote:

@Kai That would be great!

Also, I saw that most of other projects are using Sonar or Jenkins Coverage Report(see the links attached in quality assurance section of the release review wiki page) to track the unit test coverage. I have not figure out how it works but I believe we should switch to these two platforms as well(or we already have? Correct me here if necessary).

Thanks!

Re: [release] Release Review Day 3

Gao Kai

Never used them before.

It will be a good approach if we can switch to those platforms.

On 23/06/15 15:40, Shu Dong wrote:

@Kai That would be great!

Also, I saw that most of other projects are using Sonar or Jenkins Coverage Report(see the links attached in quality assurance section of the release review wiki page) to track the unit test coverage. I have not figure out how it works but I believe we should switch to these two platforms as well(or we already have? Correct me here if necessary).

Thanks!

Alto Release Review and Release Notes

dongshu

Hi, Alto Team Members,

FYI, I created the alto release review and release note wiki pages for tomorrow's ODL release. Please feel free to review it, propose suggestions or edit it directly.

There is still one missing piece which is the "Quality Assurance" section of release review page. I'm not familiar with the unit/integration test in alto so if any of you knows anything about it please inform me as soon as possible or edit the wiki page directly. Thanks!

From,
Shu Dong

Re: [release] Release Review Day 3

dongshu

@Kai That would be great!

Also, I saw that most of other projects are using Sonar or Jenkins Coverage Report(see the links attached in quality assurance section of the release review wiki page) to track the unit test coverage. I have not figure out how it works but I believe we should switch to these two platforms as well(or we already have? Correct me here if necessary).

Thanks!

Re: [release] Release Review Day 3

dongshu

Thanks @kai. I will try to reach out for him.

On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 3:31 PM, Gao Kai <godrickk@...> wrote:
I'm not familiar with that part either. Xin LI submitted the tests for ALTO in integration project so you might want to reach out for him.

On 23/06/15 15:29, Shu Dong wrote:
Thanks for your feedbacks @kai! Just did the fixes according to your suggestions.

Currently the "Quality Assurance(test coverage, etc) section blocks me. I don't how to write the unit/integration test part, could you help me to finish the section? A skype sync up would be great if you are available. Thanks.

From,
Shu Dong

On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 3:19 PM, Gao Kai <godrickk@...> wrote:
A few comments on the current page:

1. In the features section it is better to list the features instead of the packages.
2. Maybe we can cite the draft for the current YANG model.

I can respond to problems in future release too.

Regards,
Kai

On 23/06/15 09:36, Y. Richard Yang wrote:
Shu, Great!

Kai: Could you please kindly let Shu and I know if you can help?

Thanks!
Richard

On Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 9:27 PM, Shu Dong <dongs2011@...> wrote:
I have created the release view wiki page for Alto and added the link(https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Alto:Lithium:Release_Review) to the spreadsheet. The wiki page is nearly empty now and I'm going to finish it today. I may need to discuss with @kai's about some sections of the release review notes.

From: George Zhao <George.Y.Zhao@...>
Date: Mon, Jun 22, 2015 at 3:05 PM
To: "release@..." <release@...>

 =====================================
[...]

Release Notes wiki page is added. Also, it's empty and needs more editing. The ETA is tonight.

On Tue, Jun 23, 2015 at 9:27 AM, Shu Dong <dongs2011@...> wrote:
[...]

[Urgent] AAA, ALTO, DIDM, L2switch, NIC, Opflex, OVSDB, PCMM, Persistence, Reservation, SNBI, USC missing RC1 test status report

George Zhao <George.Y.Zhao@...>

AAA, ALTO, DIDM, L2switch, NIC, Opflex, OVSDB, PCMM, Persistence, Reservation, SNBI, USC Project Leads:

Your project still haven’t report RC1 test status, please do so.

Please note TSC reserve the right to drop project from Lithium release if RC1 status is not reported by 6/18  10:00 am PDT , which is just less than a couple of hours from now.

Thanks,

George

Re: Alto project issues

George.Y.Zhao@...

thanks
George

发件人:godrickk
收件人:George Zhao,yry,
抄送:Gomez, Luis,release,odl@...,integration-dev,alto-dev@...,
时间:2015-06-17 03:35:44
主题:Re: [alto-dev] Alto project issues

George,

The issue should be fixed.

Regards,
Kai

On 17/06/15 14:56, George Zhao wrote:

Thanks, please do let me know it is done, if time permits, I will kick off a new build for you, otherwise, your patch will be picked up in tomorrow’s RC1 build.