Date

ALTO M2 status update

Y. Richard Yang

Hi,

The ALTO project has completed the M2 milestone. Please see below for the relevant info.

Thanks.

Richard

============
Project:  ALTO

1)  Project checklist completed? Yes

2)  Release plan finalized? Yes

3)  Project will use OpenDaylight CI Infrastructure for system test? Yes

4)  Project has special needs in CI Infrastructure (tools or configuration)? No

5)  All project dependencies have been acknowledged and documented by upstream projects? Yes

6)  Document Contact if available:  Y. Richard Yang

7) Dependencies added to the spreadsheet? Yes

8) Project will support clustering in Lithium:  Yes
(Yes implies when project has issues running in a cluster environment, project will be able to debug/help with these issues in Lithium)
============

Compatibility

Dana Kutenicsova -X (dkutenic - Pantheon Technologies SRO@Cisco) <dkutenic@...>

Hello,

we are in a process of rewriting RIB and models associated with it, to introduce new functionality (manipulation of BGP attributes). This effectively means that the models and REST API will change.
Although you wrote in your release plan that you're not listing bgpcep as dependency, I'd like to make
sure we won't break your code, or if we do, it'll be expected and fixed in short timeframe.

What APIs do you use from bgpcep?

Regards,
Dana

[ALTO, PCMM] Follow up for M2 status

George Zhao <George.Y.Zhao@...>

Hi ALTO and PCMM projects:

This email is to follow up M2 status:

ALTO’s JJB hasn’t be set up yet, this put the project in RED status for M2. Please provide an ETA for this.

PacketCable’s release plan was target to be finalized by Feb 24th,  please provide update on this. This result PacketCable in Yellow status for M2.

Thanks,

George

M3 status due for ALTO project

George Zhao <George.Y.Zhao@...>

Hello,

Please send M3 status for your project, M3 template is:

https://lists.opendaylight.org/pipermail/release/2015-March/001613.html

thanks,

George

Re: M3 status due for ALTO project

Y. Richard Yang

Dear George,

We are starting the catch up and will finish M3 response. Please expect the email by the end of this weekend.

Thanks and apologies for being late.

Richard

On Tuesday, March 24, 2015, George Zhao <George.Y.Zhao@...> wrote:

Hello,

Please send M3 status for your project, M3 template is:

https://lists.opendaylight.org/pipermail/release/2015-March/001613.html

thanks,

George

Re: M3 status due for ALTO project

George Zhao <George.Y.Zhao@...>

Thank you.

George

We are starting the catch up and will finish M3 response. Please expect the email by the end of this weekend.

Thanks and apologies for being late.

Richard

On Tuesday, March 24, 2015, George Zhao <George.Y.Zhao@...> wrote:

Hello,

Please send M3 status for your project, M3 template is:

https://lists.opendaylight.org/pipermail/release/2015-March/001613.html

thanks,

George

Re: M3 status due for ALTO project

Y. Richard Yang

Hi George,

Below is the current status of ALTO M3. We are running up quickly and
should be able to catch up completely soon.

Thanks!

Richard

=============
Function Freeze:

1) Final list of externally consumable APIs defined and documented.
Yes, as defined by RFC7285.

2) Does your project have Tentative API.
No

a. If Yes: does your project clearly state each API will be deliver or
not. YesNo

b. Do all projects depend on your tentative API get notified.
Yes, as there is no project depended on ALTO.

3) All inter project dependencies are resolved.
Yes.

Karaf Features

1) All intended for release features are added to features.xml and checked
into integration git repository.

Not yet, may need a couple more days.

2) List all user-facing karaf features for your project.

Same as above.

Documentation:

1) Document contact if haven't provided earlier, default will be project
lead. Y. Richard Yang/yry@...

2) List document types (user/operator, developer, contributor,
installation, how to/tutorial)
howto

3) Ascii doc outline checked in.
Yes

4) List gerrit patch links for ascii doc check in:
https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/17346

Integration & System test:

1) Feature integration and test template complete.
Not yet, will be in a couple days (links to test plan)

2) Automate system test integration started.
Not yet

Hello,

Please send M3 status for your project, M3 template is:
https://lists.opendaylight.org/pipermail/release/2015-March/001613.html

thanks,

George

Re: [alto] ALTO implementation interoperability

Y. Richard Yang

Dear Christian,

It is great to hear about your development. Regarding open source implementation, some of us are developing an open source ALTO server in OpenDayLight. We are slightly behind the schedule of the Lithium Release, but are making good progress lately. The yang model can be found from the ODL alto project git. It is great to hear about your interest in the client side. We are developing a client in a science network setting (to work with GridFTP). We will be happy to share, if interested.

Thanks!

Richard

On Monday, April 6, 2015, Christian Esteve Rothenberg <chesteve@...> wrote:
Hi all,

we at University of Campinas are developing an ALTO server
implementation (for IXP-related use cases) based on Neo4j graph DB and
Open Daylight for a subset of ALTO services and would like to know
about related open source mplementation work, both at the server side
but mostly interested in the client side for interop testing and
further use case developments.

Looking forward to hear more about the Prague IETF opportunities for
ALTO interop (Raphael, please add to your agenda).

Thx,
Christian

From: Jan Seedorf <Jan.Seedorf at neclab.eu>
To: "Y. Richard Yang" <yry at cs.yale.edu>, Hans Seidel <hseidel at benocs.com>
Cc: IETF ALTO <alto at ietf.org>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 14:41:12 +0000

________________________________

We have also put this topic on the chair slides for the session in
Dallas to get feedback from the room, but please also continue raising
your opinion on this here on the ML.

-          Jan

Email: vkg@{bell-labs.com,acm.org} / vijay.gurbani at alcatel-lucent.com
Web: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__ect.bell-2Dlabs.com_who_vkg_&d=AwICAg&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=4G36iiEVb2m_v-0RnP2gx9KZJjYQgfvrOCE3789JGIA&m=IFXVSS1Ngo0C7z51Gunp5gTAVG7hdQAOfiXLLRkPLi4&s=RUjSP5rpFsp8V2Y0xuG9_3pFcAAsDEjzi2YQNNaMKfY&e=
  | Calendar:https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__goo.gl_x3Ogq&d=AwICAg&c=-dg2m7zWuuDZ0MUcV7Sdqw&r=4G36iiEVb2m_v-0RnP2gx9KZJjYQgfvrOCE3789JGIA&m=IFXVSS1Ngo0C7z51Gunp5gTAVG7hdQAOfiXLLRkPLi4&s=wY56fXByx0Kd3boQqPHpBjX7uzem5fDJHZAW1FIv_Mc&e=

BENOCS GmbH

Dipl.-Ing. Hans Seidel

Winterfeldtstr. 21

10781 Berlin

Germany

Phone: +49 - 30 / 577 0004-0

Email: hans.seidel at benocs.com

www.benocs.com

Board of Management:

  Michael Wolz, Dr.-Ing. Oliver Holschke, Dr.-Ing. Ingmar Poese

Commercial Register: Amtsgericht Bonn HRB 19378

Re: [alto] ALTO implementation interoperability

Wendy Roome

Questions for those interested in an ALTO interop test ….

1. RFC 7285 allows a server to present multiple Network Maps, but does not require a server to support them. But it would simplify the tests if we could assume all servers can be configured to present an IRD with more than one Network Map. Otherwise we will need different test setups, and two different classes of servers.

So would anyone object to requiring servers to present multiple Network Maps?

2. Clients should be able to cope with an IRD with multiple Network Maps, but the RFC does not require them to be able to use anything other than the default network.One way to handle that is to define two sets of client tests: one which uses the default network map (and requires the client to use the cost maps for the default map, rather than a cost map for a different network), and an optional set that uses a secondary network map.

3. The RFC allows IRD chaining — a root IRD can reference secondary IRDs with additional resources. Should we require servers to support that feature?

- Wendy Roome

Re: [alto] ALTO implementation interoperability

Y. Richard Yang

Wendy,

On Monday, April 6, 2015, Wendy Roome <wendy@...> wrote:
Questions for those interested in an ALTO interop test ….

1. RFC 7285 allows a server to present multiple Network Maps, but does not require a server to support them. But it would simplify the tests if we could assume all servers can be configured to present an IRD with more than one Network Map. Otherwise we will need different test setups, and two different classes of servers.

So would anyone object to requiring servers to present multiple Network Maps?

I have no problem with this requirement.

2. Clients should be able to cope with an IRD with multiple Network Maps, but the RFC does not require them to be able to use anything other than the default network.One way to handle that is to define two sets of client tests: one which uses the default network map (and requires the client to use the cost maps for the default map, rather than a cost map for a different network), and an optional set that uses a secondary network map.

This setting is also fine with me.

3. The RFC allows IRD chaining — a root IRD can reference secondary IRDs with additional resources. Should we require servers to support that feature?

Do you mean that the server root IRD must include at least an IRD resource? I feel that this should be optional. If really required, I assume that the server can post a second level IRD that points to a subset at the same server, unless we want to test a case of using IRD chaining to use different ALTO servers.

Richard

- Wendy Roome

Re: WAS: Re: [alto] ALTO implementation interoperability

Y. Richard Yang

Dear Christian,

Thanks for the update. Please feel free to get in touch with us if you have any questions on ODL ALTO. The version in the ODL git is a work-in-progress that is highly incomplete yet, and we are anticipating good progress in the next few days.

Keep in touch!

Richard

On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 4:58 PM, Christian Esteve Rothenberg <chesteve@...> wrote:
Thanks Richard,

we will look for sync again with you once we look into the ODL ALTO
implementation and figure out the best way to map our topology and
cost maps in the Neo4j DB.

As for the client side we would really like to try out your
implementation, but this work will likely start only next month.

Thanks,
Christian

On Mon, Apr 6, 2015 at 4:32 AM, Y. Richard Yang <yry@...> wrote:
> Dear Christian,
>
> It is great to hear about your development. Regarding open source
> implementation, some of us are developing an open source ALTO server in
> OpenDayLight. We are slightly behind the schedule of the Lithium Release,
> but are making good progress lately. The yang model can be found from the
> ODL alto project git. It is great to hear about your interest in the client
> side. We are developing a client in a science network setting (to work with
> GridFTP). We will be happy to share, if interested.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Richard
>

> On Monday, April 6, 2015, Christian Esteve Rothenberg
> <chesteve@...> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> we at University of Campinas are developing an ALTO server
>> implementation (for IXP-related use cases) based on Neo4j graph DB and
>> Open Daylight for a subset of ALTO services and would like to know
>> about related open source mplementation work, both at the server side
>> but mostly interested in the client side for interop testing and
>> further use case developments.
>>
>> Looking forward to hear more about the Prague IETF opportunities for
>> ALTO interop (Raphael, please add to your agenda).
>>
>> Thx,
>> Christian
>>

>> From: Jan Seedorf <Jan.Seedorf at neclab.eu>
>> To: "Y. Richard Yang" <yry at cs.yale.edu>, Hans Seidel <hseidel at
>> benocs.com>
>> Cc: IETF ALTO <alto at ietf.org>
>> Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 14:41:12 +0000
>>
>> ________________________________
>>
>> We have also put this topic on the chair slides for the session in
>> Dallas to get feedback from the room, but please also continue raising
>> your opinion on this here on the ML.
>>

>> -          Jan

 =====================================
| Y. Richard Yang <yry@...>   |
| Professor of Computer Science       |
 =====================================

Sync up at 8:30 am US ET (China 8:30 pm)

Y. Richard Yang

Dear team,

Let's have a sync up at the said time in the Subject.

Talk to you using Skype then.

Re: Sync up at 8:30 am US ET (China 8:30 pm)

Gao Kai

Copy that.

B.T.W.
I've merged the progress of Shu and submitted a new review request.
Can someone else take a look into it too before I can confirm the change?
Many thanks~

On 13/04/15 12:20, Y. Richard Yang wrote:

Dear team,

Let's have a sync up at the said time in the Subject.

Talk to you using Skype then.

Re: Sync up at 8:30 am US ET (China 8:30 pm)

Wendy Roome

Did I miss the meeting?

On Apr 13, 2015, at 00:20, Y. Richard Yang <yry@...> wrote:

Dear team,

Let's have a sync up at the said time in the Subject.

Talk to you using Skype then.

A problem about anyxml of cost

xinwang

Hi Xiao,

I have a problem when i tried to set cost value of dst-costs by using yang-generated-code. I found there is no method (looks like setCost(value)) and field for setting it. Maybe it’s because the type of cost is defined as anyxml, and yang-tools just ignore it. Did you also met this problem? And if you met how did you handle it?

Thanks,
Xin

发自 Windows 邮件

Anyxml in yang model

xinwang

Dear Varga and others in yangtools,

I am working at implementing alto in odl and i use anyxml to define some data in yang model considering the data could be an object, array, string, etc. But i find that there is no method to set its value in the class generated by using yang tools, also there is no field of the data in the class. There is no error when generating the code. It looks like it just skips the anyxml defined data. Did i miss something to make it work? Or it doesn’t support anyxml for now?

Thanks,
Xin

发自 Windows 邮件

Re: A problem about anyxml of cost

Xiao SHI <xiao.shi@...>

Hi Xin,

By "anyxml" in the YANG Model, the content of the xml data file can by arbitrary. If there is no necessity in using the anyxml statement, I would try to avoid it as much as possible and actually model the data. If it is strictly necessary, then you might need to parse that part of the xml file on your own.

Best,
Xiao

On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 10:17 AM, wangxin <xinwang2014@...> wrote:
Hi Xiao,

I have a problem when i tried to set cost value of dst-costs by using yang-generated-code. I found there is no method (looks like setCost(value)) and field for setting it. Maybe it’s because the type of cost is defined as anyxml, and yang-tools just ignore it. Did you also met this problem? And if you met how did you handle it?

Thanks,
Xin

发自 Windows 邮件

Re: [yangtools-dev] Anyxml in yang model

Tony Tkacik -X (ttkacik - Pantheon Technologies SRO@Cisco) <ttkacik@...>

Hi,

We do not support anyxml in currently generated DTOs, but DOM data and DOM broker support it using different

APIs (called DOM APIs).

Which type of data from alto specification do you want to model as anyxml?

Tony

I am working at implementing alto in odl and i use anyxml to define some data in yang model considering the data could be an object, array, string, etc. But i find that there is no method to set its value in the class generated by using yang tools, also there is no field of the data in the class. There is no error when generating the code. It looks like it just skips the anyxml defined data. Did i miss something to make it work? Or it doesn’t support anyxml for now?

Thanks,

Xin

发自 Windows 邮件

Re: A problem about anyxml of cost

xinwang

Thanks for your suggestion, i have been told that DOM APIs support it now and i am looking into it. But i think currently modify the data would be the easiest way. If we choose to use DOM data and DOM broker, there are a lot of works to do. Considering this is the first version of alto in odl, i prefer your suggestion that just avoid it. And in future i will try to change to DOM if it’s suitable. How does this sound?

Thanks,
Xin

发自 Windows 邮件

[...]

Thanks for your information about DOM APIs, and i am looking into it. If we decide to use it, we need to change a lot of things like data broker, transaction and data change listener. Is this right? And actually there is only one data in alto yang model using anyxml, which is cost in cost-map.

Thanks again,
Xin

发自 Windows 邮件