Date

Re: Please don't Delay - Register For the OpenDaylight Boron Developer Forum *Now*

Phil Robb

Thanks Kai.  I'd love to have someone there from the ALTO project if it's possible.

Phil

On Thursday, February 25, 2016, Gao Kai <godrickk@...> wrote:
Hi Phil,

Thanks for the invitation.  Unfortunately, as much as I'd love to join the DDF and get together with the community, it can be difficult to get the passport and plane tickets ready before the forum.  I'll see what I can do and in case things don't work out, I'll see if someone else in the U.S. can represent ALTO in the meet-up.

Thank you again for the information.

Regards,
Kai

On 26/02/16 05:16, Phil Robb wrote:
Hello Kai Gao and the alto development team:

If you've already registered for the Boron Developer Design Forum (DDF) please disregard this email and I look forward to seeing you next Monday.

HOWEVER, if you haven't registered, I'd like to reiterate the importance of getting together face to face with both members of your particular project as well as the rest of the OpenDaylight development community. Not only can you kickstart development activities for Boron within your project, but we will also discuss critical project-wide topics such as the changes to the build environment and Release process, as well as key new features and technologies soon to be added to the platform that may be of significant importance to you... and then just getting to put faces with irc-handles is always a big win for everybody.

Please attend if it is at all possible. The DDF is the *best* way to meet and work with other key developers in the ODL community to make great advances on what is important to you.

The DDF logistics are:
When: Next Monday & Tuesday (February 29th, and March 1st), 9:00am to 5:00pm each day
Where: San Mateo Marriott San Francisco Airport
1770 S Amphlett Blvd
San Mateo, CA 94402
+1 650-653-6000

Remember we run the event as both a standard technical conference and also as an unconference. You are welcome and encouraged to submit discussion topics important to you on this wiki page:

https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Events:Boron_Dev_Forum

Please post any new entries to the bottom of that page. I'll collect the topics on a daily basis and populate the pre-defined schedule with them. That schedule is located here:

http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/opendaylight-developer-design-forum/program/schedule

We will also have additional rooms set aside for project teams and/or cross-project groups to get together to work through issues and ideas in an ad-hoc (aka unconference) style.

If you are able to attend, please register as soon as you are able. Important URLs are:

TO REGISTER: http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/opendaylight-developer-design-forum/attend/register

The Main Event Website: http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/opendaylight-developer-design-forum

If you have any difficulties in registering, or need assistance in any way, please contact me immediately.

Thanks, and I look forward to seeing you next week.

Phil.
--
Phil Robb
Sr. Director Of Technical Operations

Phil Robb
Sr. Director Of Technical Operations
OpenDaylight Project
(O) 970-229-5949
(M) 970-420-4292
Skype: Phil.Robb

Re: Please don't Delay - Register For the OpenDaylight Boron Developer Forum *Now*

Gao Kai

[...]

Re: [release] [documentation] idea for documentation reviewing in Boron

Gao Kai

Thanks, Xiao!

On 25/02/16 15:26, Xiao Lin wrote:

I will look at it. And I just finished some small changes in User Guide and Develop Guide, hope it could be easier for new hand to understand it.

Subject: Fwd: Re: [release] [documentation] idea for documentation reviewing in Boron
To: alto-dev@...; linxiao9292@...; jingxuan.n.zhang@...
From: godrickk@...
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 15:08:15 +0800

Can someone take a look at this and see if we can migrate to maven sites too?

From: godrickk@...
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 15:08:15 +0800

Can someone take a look at this and see if we can migrate to maven sites too?

Do we have good info on how to setup/maintain maven site?

It still needs work but my current documentation for Maven sites is here [0]. Some of it is not relevant to integration project though. I can help review patches and make sure they do the right thing though.

I'm also thinking of moving the documentation to odlparent since odlparent is what provides the activation currently.

Thanh

Re: [release] idea for documentation reviewing in Boron

Gao Kai

For the record.

Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 17:27:10 -0800
From: Luis Gomez <ecelgp@...>
To: Release (release@...) <release@...>, integration-dev@... <integration-dev@...>

Hi all,

For those projects doing system test (csit), we plan to change default tools image (aka mininet VM) from Centos 6 based to Ubuntu based:

https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/#/c/35041/

There should be no impact but just be aware in case something is observed.

I also take the opportunity to remind current available general purpose tool images:

- ubuntu-trusty-mininet: OVS 2.0 (ubuntu default), mininet 2.1, CPqD, CBench, exabgp
- ubuntu-trusty-mininet-ovs23: OVS 2.3, mininet 2.2, CPqD, Cbench, exabgp

[release] Default tools VM change

Gao Kai

FYI

For those projects doing system test (csit), we plan to change default tools image (aka mininet VM) from Centos 6 based to Ubuntu based:

https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/#/c/35041/

There should be no impact but just be aware in case something is observed.

I also take the opportunity to remind current available general purpose tool images:

- ubuntu-trusty-mininet: OVS 2.0 (ubuntu default), mininet 2.1, CPqD, CBench, exabgp
- ubuntu-trusty-mininet-ovs23: OVS 2.3, mininet 2.2, CPqD, Cbench, exabgp

Re: ALTO Vote GO/NOGO

Gao Kai <gaok12@...>

An Ho,

Sorry for the delay, we're still waiting for the feedback from the testing team.  We will vote as soon as possible.

Regards,
Kai

On 17/02/16 03:50, An Ho wrote:

Hi ALTO Team,

Please take a moment today to address some action items for your project regarding the Beryllium Release.

1. We are missing the Beryllium GO/NOGO vote for your project.
   https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hci5TMUPyB6PX8Al-fwfVqvs5SQVa2wZLja_7rKWN6o/edit#gid=1599673811

Best Regards,
An Ho

Re: [release] [documentation] DOCS Release Review

Gao Kai

Guys, please read this article on the style of documentation.

From: <documentation-bounces@...> on behalf of An Ho <An.Ho@...>
Date: Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at 9:32 AM
To: Colin Dixon <colin@...>
Cc: "release@..." <release@...>, "documentation@..." <documentation@...>
Subject: Re: [documentation] [release] DOCS Release Review

Docs looks good to me.  I have no further questions.

From: *Gerrit Code Review* <gerrit@... <mailto:gerrit@...>>
Date: 2016-02-07 11:04 GMT+08:00
Subject: Change in integration/test[master]: Add integration tests for ALTO project.
To: Xiao Lin <linxiao9292@... <mailto:linxiao9292@...>>
Cc: Daniel Farrell <dfarrell@... <mailto:dfarrell@...>>, Jamo Luhrsen <jluhrsen@...
<mailto:jluhrsen@...>>, Jensen Zhang <jingxuan.n.zhang@... <mailto:jingxuan.n.zhang@...>>, Luis Gomez
<ecelgp@... <mailto:ecelgp@...>>, Vratko Polák <vrpolak@... <mailto:vrpolak@...>>

From jenkins-releng <jenkins-releng@... <mailto:jenkins-releng@...>>:

jenkins-releng has posted comments on this change.

Change subject: Add integration tests for ALTO project.

Patch Set 9: Verified+1

Build Successful

https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/job/integration-verify-python/2289/ : SUCCESS

--
To view, visit https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/32581

Gerrit-MessageType: comment
Gerrit-Change-Id: Ic927f9c32b96fdbbca63cdc9caba0d2991fc5e5e
Gerrit-PatchSet: 9
Gerrit-Project: integration/test
Gerrit-Branch: master
Gerrit-Owner: Xiao Lin <linxiao9292@... <mailto:linxiao9292@...>>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Daniel Farrell <dfarrell@... <mailto:dfarrell@...>>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Jamo Luhrsen <jluhrsen@... <mailto:jluhrsen@...>>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Jensen Zhang <jingxuan.n.zhang@... <mailto:jingxuan.n.zhang@...>>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Luis Gomez <ecelgp@... <mailto:ecelgp@...>>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Vratko Polák <vrpolak@... <mailto:vrpolak@...>>
Gerrit-Reviewer: Xiao Lin <linxiao9292@... <mailto:linxiao9292@...>>
Gerrit-Reviewer: jenkins-releng <jenkins-releng@... <mailto:jenkins-releng@...>>
Gerrit-HasComments: No

Re: [release] tsdr-validate-autorelease failure

YuLing Chen <yulingchen54@...>

Thanks Thanh very much. It's working now.

-YuLing

On Wed, Feb 10, 2016 at 5:49 PM, Thanh Ha <thanh.ha@...> wrote:
Hi alto-dev,

One of your recent changes caused validate-autorelease to fail build for all projects. The cause is that this patch [1] which was merged without first being rebased since it was submitted before we branched stable/beryllium so had out of date build results.

I reverted with the patch [2] to resolve this issue and unblock development for all projects. You will need to resubmit your patch from [1] and resolve any build issues.

Regards,
Thanh

On 10 February 2016 at 20:26, Thanh Ha <thanh.ha@...> wrote:
Hi YuLing,

The trick with validate-autorelease jobs is to search for the keyword [FATAL]. This will almost always bring you to the exact problem with the build.

[FATAL] Non-resolvable parent POM: Could not find artifact org.opendaylight.odlparent:odlparent:pom:1.6.0-validate-v201602102102 in opendaylight-mirror (http://nexus.opendaylight.org/content/repositories/public/) and 'parent.relativePath' points at wrong local POM @ line 10, column 11

As you can see it's failing because something is pulling in Beryllium artifacts. There are a few reasons this may occur.

1) Your patch submission includes a pom with incorrect parent configuration
2) You need to rebase your patch
3) Some project merged code ignoring validate-autorelease results and caused this issue

I see that your patch for build #95 is not running into 1, or 2. So I think 3 is the cause. I'll investigate and try to track down which project is breaking us now.

Regards,
Thanh

On 10 February 2016 at 17:20, YuLing Chen <yulingchen54@...> wrote:
Hi Thanh,

We just submitted two patch sets to the master branch and hit tsdr-validate-autorelease build failure. The error messages from the console output were unclear to me... could you help to take a look to see what went wrong?

https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/releng/job/tsdr-validate-autorelease-boron/95/consoleFull

Thanks very much,

YuLing

Change in integration/test[master]: Add integration tests for ALTO project.

Jensen Zhang

Hi Jamo,

I found our patch for system test was not still approved. Can you review this patch [1] and tell us if it can be merged or not? If there are any change requests, we will update them as soon as possible.
Thanks,
Jensen

Thanh Ha <thanh.ha@...>

[...]

FW: Day 4 Beryllium Release Review

an.ho@huawei.com

When: Thursday, February 11, 2016 7:30 AM-9:30 AM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada).
Where: IRC #opendaylight-meeting

Note: The GMT offset above does not reflect daylight saving time adjustments.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hi Kai Gao (PTL) and ALTO Team,

Can you or a proxy from your team confirm your attendance for the release review.  Your project is scheduled for Release Review on this date.  Please join #opendaylight-meeting on IRC channel 10 minutes before your session.

Please email me if you would like someone else (proxy) to present on your behalf.

Feb 11 Thursday
8:30 AM *ALTO* Kai Gao gaok12@...

Best Regards,
An Ho

When: Thursday, February 11, 2016 7:30 AM-9:30 AM (UTC-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada).
Where: IRC #opendaylight-meeting

Day 4 Beryllium Release Review

Re: ALTO Beryllium Status

Gao Kai <gaok12@...>

An ho,

Thanks for the notice. We've updated the missing features and release notes and will confirm with the testing team soon.  Should be able to finish the report in a day or two.

Regards,
Kai

On 02/02/16 06:28, An Ho wrote:

Hi ALTO Team,

Please take a moment to update your project RC Status [1].  Your project has the following action items:

RC Status [1]

* Missing External System Test Status

* Missing Experimental Features

* Missing Release Notes

* Missing Release Review Template

Distribution System Test

* Your project does not include any distribution system test [2] [3]

Best Regards,

An Ho

[1] https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hci5TMUPyB6PX8Al-fwfVqvs5SQVa2wZLja_7rKWN6o/edit#gid=879332351

[2] https://lists.opendaylight.org/pipermail/integration-dev/2016-January/005705.html

[3] https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Integration/Test/Step_by_Step_Guide_To_Creating_System_Tests#Add_System_Test_Job_to_the_Distribution_Test

ALTO Beryllium Status

[...]

validate-autorelease-boron needs to run on jdk8

Thanh Ha <thanh.ha@...>

Hi Everyone,

Your validate-autorelease job will fail to build if you're one of the projects that still have not yet approved the build with jdk8 patch in Boron. If you're one of the projects listed at this link [1]. I'd highly recommend you review and +1 the patch otherwise your validate-autorelease jobs will continue to fail.

Regards,

Thanh

201 - 220 of 542