ALTO JDK8 Support

an.ho@huawei.com

Hi ALTO Team,

Please review this patch [1] and sign off with +1 code review.  As agreed by the TSC, we will move to JDK8 in Beryllium [2] and your project has not yet migrated to JDK8.  Please respond if there are issues blocking your project from adopting JDK8.  I will be tracking issues with the JDK8 migration here [3].

Best Regards,

An Ho

[1] https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/#/c/29055/

[2] https://lists.opendaylight.org/pipermail/release/2015-October/004350.html

[3] https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hci5TMUPyB6PX8Al-fwfVqvs5SQVa2wZLja_7rKWN6o/edit#gid=1368787047

Gao Kai <gaok12@...>

An Ho,

Thanks for the help.  I have voted +1 for the patch.  Is there anything else we need to look into regarding the migration to Java 8?

Regards,
Kai

On 20/11/15 00:14, An Ho wrote:

Hi ALTO Team,

Please review this patch [1] and sign off with +1 code review.  As agreed by the TSC, we will move to JDK8 in Beryllium [2] and your project has not yet migrated to JDK8.  Please respond if there are issues blocking your project from adopting JDK8.  I will be tracking issues with the JDK8 migration here [3].

Best Regards,

An Ho

[1] https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/#/c/29055/

[2] https://lists.opendaylight.org/pipermail/release/2015-October/004350.html

[3] https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hci5TMUPyB6PX8Al-fwfVqvs5SQVa2wZLja_7rKWN6o/edit#gid=1368787047

an.ho@huawei.com

At this time, +1 for the patch is sufficient.  Projects should confirm that their projects support JDK8 and have been tested for JDK8.

On 20/11/15 00:14, An Ho wrote:

Hi ALTO Team,

Please review this patch [1] and sign off with +1 code review.  As agreed by the TSC, we will move to JDK8 in Beryllium [2] and your project has not yet migrated to JDK8.  Please respond if there are issues blocking your project from adopting JDK8.  I will be tracking issues with the JDK8 migration here [3].

Best Regards,

An Ho

[1] https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/#/c/29055/

[2] https://lists.opendaylight.org/pipermail/release/2015-October/004350.html

[3] https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hci5TMUPyB6PX8Al-fwfVqvs5SQVa2wZLja_7rKWN6o/edit#gid=1368787047

Gao Kai <gaok12@...>

Certainly.  I have already started to use JDK 8 locally.

Regards,
Kai