[OpenDaylight TSC] Switch project leader

Colin Dixon <colin@...>

That all looks good. Out of curiosity, is Shu aware of this?

--Colin

On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 12:37 AM, wangxin <xinwang2014@...> wrote:
Dear TSC,

We have carried out a public vote for switching project leader in ALTO project [1][2][3]. We, all committers, agree that we switch Jensen Zhang as co-lead instead of Shu.

Thanks,
Tony

xinwang

Yes, of course. Actually, it is him that comes up with the suggestion. Since he is not a committer, I start the voting for him.

Thanks,
Tony

On Oct 28, 2015, at 8:32 AM, Colin Dixon <colin@...> wrote:

That all looks good. Out of curiosity, is Shu aware of this?

--Colin

On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 12:37 AM, wangxin <xinwang2014@...> wrote:
Dear TSC,

We have carried out a public vote for switching project leader in ALTO project [1][2][3]. We, all committers, agree that we switch Jensen Zhang as co-lead instead of Shu.

Thanks,
Tony

George Zhao <George.Y.Zhao@...>

I am just curious, will one as PTL, the other as project contact work for you.

Having multiple PTLs for one project has no precedent, I just want to point this out, not necessarily against it.

Yes, of course. Actually, it is him that comes up with the suggestion. Since he is not a committer, I start the voting for him.

Thanks,

Tony

On Oct 28, 2015, at 8:32 AM, Colin Dixon <colin@...> wrote:

That all looks good. Out of curiosity, is Shu aware of this?

--Colin

On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 12:37 AM, wangxin <xinwang2014@...> wrote:

Dear TSC,

We have carried out a public vote for switching project leader in ALTO project [1][2][3]. We, all committers, agree that we switch Jensen Zhang as co-lead instead of Shu.

Thanks,

Tony

Gao Kai <gaok12@...>

Putting Jensen as the one and only PTL is fine with me.  After all titles are just titles.

Regards,
Kai

On 29/10/15 02:53, George Zhao wrote:

[...]

Jensen Zhang

George and TSC,

After discussing, we reach the following agreement:

- Kai is the PTL.
- Add Jensen as a new Project Contact.

Once getting your confirm, we will update our Main wiki and Beryllium Release Plan wiki. Please let me know, if there is anything else that needs to be done.

Regards,
Jensen

[...]

Ryan Goulding <ryandgoulding@...>

PTL title comes with responsibilities in ODL beyond committer.  I think it is important to preserve a sole point of contact for the PTL position;  since that person votes for their representative project regarding releases/delays etc.  This is just my $0.02 though.

Regards,

Ryan Goulding

On Wed, Oct 28, 2015 at 10:20 PM, Gao Kai <gaok12@...> wrote:
[...]

Ryan,

You are right and thanks for the reminder We respect how the community works and are willing to fit in
Both Jensen and I are aware of the responsibilities and we are willing to take them, just like Shu and I used to (Hope we didn't mess anything up).  My point is, the title doesn't really affect us.  Whoever selected as the PTL will participate in ODL activities as he should, and those who are not will still play their roles in the project.  Since we don't really have the time to fully go through the regulations and may have made some amateur mistakes, we are very delighted to have the guidance from the TSC.

p.s. Not sure I get the punchline of $0.02 here...You are just being humbler, right?

Regards,
Kai

On 29/10/15 19:42, Ryan Goulding wrote:
[...]

I am not TSC, just trying to understand the regulations as well.  Yes, I was attempting to humble my opinion since I am just another contributor :).

Regards,

Ryan Goulding

On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 9:32 AM, Gao Kai <gaok12@...> wrote:
[...]

Y. Richard Yang

Ryan, TSC,

As a committer and former PTL of the ALTO project, I suggest that we list Kai and Jensen as PTL and Project Contact respectively, as they agreed on. They are both focusing on the project and having both will provide some kind of load-balancing/robustness.

Thanks a lot!
Richard

On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 9:41 AM, Ryan Goulding <ryandgoulding@...> wrote:
[...]

Daniel Farrell <dfarrell@...>

+1 to a single PTL being less complex.

Once getting your confirm, we will update our Main wiki and Beryllium
Release Plan wiki.
Go for it. :)

(you don't need the permission of the TSC, and I think this PTL +
Project Contact setup is agreeable to everyone)

Thanks,

Daniel Farrell
Software Engineer, Red Hat SDN Team
https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/user:dfarrell07

[...]