Missing topology routes and router-ids

Vlad Kratsberg

Hi Opendaylight community,

We are having issue with opendaylight propagating routes from rib to topology table.
Our set up:

BGP LS session between Juniper EX9204 and OpenDaylight Fluorine 0.9.0
IGP: ISIS ( 8 node routes, 28 link routes, 8 prefix routes )

We can see that correct number of routes with all attributes intact are making it to the adj-in rib, then into effective-in rib and finally into loc-rib.  When looking into topology table we can see that link routes are missing.  Snippet from running ./odl_test bgp

            {
                "node-id": "0000.0000.0004",
                "ports": [
                    "172.17.17.7",
                    "172.17.17.29",
                    "172.17.17.3",
                    "172.17.17.19"
                ],
                "router-id": "missing"
            }
        ],
        "number_of_links": 18,
        "number_of_nodes": 8
    }
}

Every time we bounce bgp linkstate session, ./odl_test bgp displays different number of link routes -- might even be below 10 while rib always has all routes.  Once in a while correct number of routes is propagated to topology table.

 Also, very often odl_test.py bgp would not capture router-id and it would display "router-id missing" for random nodes.    Just like missing link routes and nodes' router ids are always random.

Karaf.log ( attached) displays the following messages:

2018-10-22T21:51:23,711 | ERROR | CommitFutures-0  | AbstractTopologyBuilder          | 220 - org.opendaylight.bgpcep.bgp-topology-provider - 0.10.0 | Topology builder for KeyedInstanceIdentifier{targetType=interface org.opendaylight.yang.gen.v1.urn.tbd.params.xml.ns.yang.network.topology.rev131021.network.topology.Topology, path=[org.opendaylight.yang.gen.v1.urn.tbd.params.xml.ns.yang.network.topology.rev131021.NetworkTopology, org.opendaylight.yang.gen.v1.urn.tbd.params.xml.ns.yang.network.topology.rev131021.network.topology.Topology[key=TopologyKey{_topologyId=Uri{_value=bgpls-topology}}]]} failed in transaction DOM-CHAIN-153-0.

2018-10-22T21:51:23,714 | ERROR | CommitFutures-0  | AbstractTopologyBuilder          | 220 - org.opendaylight.bgpcep.bgp-topology-provider - 0.10.0 | Failed to propagate change (transaction DOM-CHAIN-153-0) by listener org.opendaylight.bgpcep.bgp.topology.provider.LinkstateTopologyBuilder@54e9d008

The issue is very similar https://jira.opendaylight.org/browse/BGPCEP-765.  Are we hitting the same bug ?  Should we use different version ?

Please see attached, karaf.log, rib.txt and topology.txt for more details.  We tried Oxygen and Nitrogen versions of OpenDaylight and they all display similar behavior.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Robert Varga

On 23/10/2018 04:29, Vlad Kratsberg wrote:
Hi Opendaylight community,
Hello Vlad,

We are having issue with opendaylight propagating routes from rib to
topology table.
Our set up:
[snip]

The issue is very
similar https://jira.opendaylight.org/browse/BGPCEP-765.  Are we hitting
the same bug ?  Should we use different version ?

Please see attached, karaf.log, rib.txt and topology.txt for more
details.  We tried Oxygen and Nitrogen versions of OpenDaylight and they
all display similar behavior.
It seems the fix was not picked up for Oxygen SR train. Can you reopen
the issue, please?

Also, can you try out Fluorine to see if it persists?

Vlad Kratsberg

Hi Robert,

I incorrectly described it, I meant in a addition to Fluorine, we tried Oxigen and Nitrogen and all experience the same way.  I will open a jira.  Thanks

On Tue, Oct 23, 2018, 05:59 Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:
On 23/10/2018 04:29, Vlad Kratsberg wrote:
> Hi Opendaylight community,

Hello Vlad,

> We are having issue with opendaylight propagating routes from rib to
> topology table.
> Our set up:

[snip]

> The issue is very
> similar https://jira.opendaylight.org/browse/BGPCEP-765.  Are we hitting
> the same bug ?  Should we use different version ?
>
> Please see attached, karaf.log, rib.txt and topology.txt for more
> details.  We tried Oxygen and Nitrogen versions of OpenDaylight and they
> all display similar behavior.

It seems the fix was not picked up for Oxygen SR train. Can you reopen
the issue, please?

Also, can you try out Fluorine to see if it persists?

Claudio David Gasparini <claudio.gasparini@...>

Hello,

BGPCEP-765 is not related to your bug, if you check both are NPE but on totally different places, and

it is only specific for fluorine. I removed the misleading field pointing to Oxygen as well.

I opened BGPCEP-838 for track your issue, feel free to update it and add any information that could help.

Regards,

[0] https://jira.opendaylight.org/browse/BGPCEP-765

[1] https://jira.opendaylight.org/browse/BGPCEP-838

Claudio David Gasparini

Senior Software Engineer

PANTHEON technologies s.r.o.

Mlynské Nivy 56, 821 05 Bratislava

Slovakia

Tel / +421 220 665 111

MAIL claudio.gasparini@...

WEB / https://pantheon.tech

I incorrectly described it, I meant in a addition to Fluorine, we tried Oxigen and Nitrogen and all experience the same way.  I will open a jira.  Thanks

On Tue, Oct 23, 2018, 05:59 Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:

On 23/10/2018 04:29, Vlad Kratsberg wrote:
> Hi Opendaylight community,

Hello Vlad,

> We are having issue with opendaylight propagating routes from rib to
> topology table.
> Our set up:

[snip]

> The issue is very
> similar https://jira.opendaylight.org/browse/BGPCEP-765.  Are we hitting
> the same bug ?  Should we use different version ?
>
> Please see attached, karaf.log, rib.txt and topology.txt for more
> details.  We tried Oxygen and Nitrogen versions of OpenDaylight and they
> all display similar behavior.

It seems the fix was not picked up for Oxygen SR train. Can you reopen
the issue, please?

Also, can you try out Fluorine to see if it persists?

Claudio David Gasparini <claudio.gasparini@...>

Fix merged for Oxygen, Fluorine and Neon.

Regards,

Claudio Gasparini

Software Engineer

PANTHEON .tech

Mlynské Nivy 56, 821 05 Bratislava

Slovakia

Tel / +421 220 665 111

MAIL / claudio.gasparini@...

WEB / https://pantheon.tech

I incorrectly described it, I meant in a addition to Fluorine, we tried Oxigen and Nitrogen and all experience the same way.  I will open a jira.  Thanks

On Tue, Oct 23, 2018, 05:59 Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:

On 23/10/2018 04:29, Vlad Kratsberg wrote:
> Hi Opendaylight community,

Hello Vlad,

> We are having issue with opendaylight propagating routes from rib to
> topology table.
> Our set up:

[snip]

> The issue is very
> similar https://jira.opendaylight.org/browse/BGPCEP-765.  Are we hitting
> the same bug ?  Should we use different version ?
>
> Please see attached, karaf.log, rib.txt and topology.txt for more
> details.  We tried Oxygen and Nitrogen versions of OpenDaylight and they
> all display similar behavior.

It seems the fix was not picked up for Oxygen SR train. Can you reopen
the issue, please?

Also, can you try out Fluorine to see if it persists?

Vlad Kratsberg

Hi Claudio,

Thank you for update.  I can see that fix has been merged into Fluorine SR1.  I will wait for SR1 to be released and test.

Thanks again. Regards

On Wed, Oct 24, 2018 at 3:55 AM Claudio David Gasparini <claudio.gasparini@...> wrote:

Fix merged for Oxygen, Fluorine and Neon.

Regards,

Claudio Gasparini

Software Engineer

PANTHEON .tech

Mlynské Nivy 56, 821 05 Bratislava

Slovakia

Tel / +421 220 665 111

MAIL / claudio.gasparini@...

I incorrectly described it, I meant in a addition to Fluorine, we tried Oxigen and Nitrogen and all experience the same way.  I will open a jira.  Thanks

On Tue, Oct 23, 2018, 05:59 Robert Varga <nite@...> wrote:

On 23/10/2018 04:29, Vlad Kratsberg wrote:
> Hi Opendaylight community,

Hello Vlad,

> We are having issue with opendaylight propagating routes from rib to
> topology table.
> Our set up:

[snip]