Re: Simplify Neutron's Karaf features

Michael Vorburger <vorburger@...>

On Thu, Feb 15, 2018 at 7:37 PM, Isaku Yamahata <yamahata@...> wrote:
Hello Michael.

Personally I just followed what existed and didn't do any improvement.
Please go ahead.

I had a closer look at this based on what you wrote below, and with a bit of grep on finding which of these features are also referenced from other projects, it seems to me that there seems to be only 1 of the existing features that jumps out as a "low hanging fruit" that perhaps not not be externally exposed, and easy tochange - the odl-neutron-transcriber?

https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/#/c/68327/ proposes to simply "fold" odl-neutron-transcriber into odl-neutron-service. As far as I could seen, no other ODL project directly depends on odl-neutron-transcriber.

Touching any of the other features would require more work, and coordination with other projects, which is probably not worth it.

Probably best to not merge this for Oxygen anymore, but after? ;)

The reason for odl-neutron-logger is that it's very verbose only
for developer so that log file is very bloated with neutron logger.
So it needs to be optional.

That (logger) could perhaps be addressed by configuration instead of via an optional feature? May be some other time.

I think following features are needed.

- yang models: several backend developers use only yang model(+ restconf)
               without Neutron REST API.
- neutron REST API related: several existing features can be consolidated
             into one feature.
- neutron logger: to be optional
- hostconfig-ovs: to be optional
- hostconfig-vpp: to be optional