VPNService - Input needed for inclusion of BGPVPN BP

Prem sankar G <prem.sankar.g@...>

Hello,

  I am part of the VPNService project and wanted to seek inputs regarding inclusion of VPNService related code in Neutron Northbound.

  VPNService depends on the BGPVPN Blueprint (https://blueprints.launchpad.net/bgpvpn/+spec/neutron-extension-for-bgpvpn) for provisioning of L3VPN from Openstack.   During the Li release, this blueprint was in early stages/work in progress and hence could not be included.   The blueprint has gained good traction in the past few weeks and would get accepted.  Also, this blueprint comes under the Openstack bigtent activity.  In this regard, I need your inputs on ways to include this blueprint in Neutron Northbound.   Also, could you share the process that would be adopted by Neutron northbound for inclusion of bigtent related blueprints.

Regards,

Prem

Ryan Moats

I'd ask if there will be resources to write the necessary NN code and test cases....

Ryan

neutron-dev-bounces@... wrote on 08/19/2015 07:01:12 PM:

> From: Prem sankar G <prem.sankar.g@...>

> To: "neutron-dev@..." <neutron-dev@...>
> Cc: "vpnservice-dev@..." <vpnservice-
> dev@...>, NDO SDNC ODL Team
> <PDLOSDNCOD@...>

> Date: 08/19/2015 07:01 PM
> Subject: [neutron-dev] VPNService - Input needed for inclusion of BGPVPN BP
> Sent by: neutron-dev-bounces@...
>
> Hello,

>   I am part of the VPNService project and wanted to seek inputs
> regarding inclusion of VPNService related code in Neutron Northbound.

>   VPNService depends on the BGPVPN Blueprint (https://
> blueprints.launchpad.net/bgpvpn/+spec/neutron-extension-for-bgpvpn)
> for provisioning of L3VPN from Openstack.   During the Li release,
> this blueprint was in early stages/work in progress and hence could
> not be included.   The blueprint has gained good traction in the
> past few weeks and would get accepted.  Also, this blueprint comes
> under the Openstack bigtent activity.  In this regard, I need your
> inputs on ways to include this blueprint in Neutron Northbound.
> Also, could you share the process that would be adopted by Neutron
> northbound for inclusion of bigtent related blueprints.

> Regards,
> Prem _______________________________________________
> neutron-dev mailing list
> neutron-dev@...

Prem sankar G <prem.sankar.g@...>

Ryan,

  Yes, the VPNService team would be involved in writing relevant YANG models, NN code and relevant test cases.

Regards,

Prem

I'd ask if there will be resources to write the necessary NN code and test cases....

Ryan

neutron-dev-bounces@... wrote on 08/19/2015 07:01:12 PM:

> From: Prem sankar G <prem.sankar.g@...>

> To: "neutron-dev@..." <neutron-dev@...>
> Cc: "vpnservice-dev@..." <vpnservice-
> dev@...>, NDO SDNC ODL Team
> <PDLOSDNCOD@...>

> Date: 08/19/2015 07:01 PM
> Subject: [neutron-dev] VPNService - Input needed for inclusion of BGPVPN BP
> Sent by: neutron-dev-bounces@...
>
> Hello,

>   I am part of the VPNService project and wanted to seek inputs
> regarding inclusion of VPNService related code in Neutron Northbound.

>   VPNService depends on the BGPVPN Blueprint (https://
> blueprints.launchpad.net/bgpvpn/+spec/neutron-extension-for-bgpvpn)
> for provisioning of L3VPN from Openstack.   During the Li release,
> this blueprint was in early stages/work in progress and hence could
> not be included.   The blueprint has gained good traction in the
> past few weeks and would get accepted.  Also, this blueprint comes
> under the Openstack bigtent activity.  In this regard, I need your
> inputs on ways to include this blueprint in Neutron Northbound.
> Also, could you share the process that would be adopted by Neutron
> northbound for inclusion of bigtent related blueprints.

> Regards,
> Prem _______________________________________________
> neutron-dev mailing list
> neutron-dev@...

Ryan Moats

Great! That is pretty much all that will be needed...

Prem sankar G <prem.sankar.g@...> wrote on 08/19/2015 07:26:11 PM:

> From: Prem sankar G <prem.sankar.g@...>

> To: Ryan Moats/Omaha/IBM@IBMUS
> Cc: "neutron-dev@..." <neutron-
> dev@...>, "vpnservice-dev@..."
> <vpnservice-dev@...>, NDO SDNC ODL Team
> <PDLOSDNCOD@...>

> Date: 08/19/2015 07:26 PM
> Subject: RE: [neutron-dev] VPNService - Input needed for inclusion
> of BGPVPN BP

> Ryan,

>   Yes, the VPNService team would be involved in writing relevant
> YANG models, NN code and relevant test cases.

> Regards,
> Prem

Prem sankar G <prem.sankar.g@...>

Ryan,

Thanks!  Could you add me (prem.sankar.g@...) and Vishal Thapar (vishal.thapar@...) to the Neutron Trello board.

Regards,

Prem

Great! That is pretty much all that will be needed...

Prem sankar G <prem.sankar.g@...> wrote on 08/19/2015 07:26:11 PM:

> From: Prem sankar G <prem.sankar.g@...>

> To: Ryan Moats/Omaha/IBM@IBMUS
> Cc: "neutron-dev@..." <neutron-
> dev@...>, "vpnservice-dev@..."
> <vpnservice-dev@...>, NDO SDNC ODL Team
> <PDLOSDNCOD@...>

> Date: 08/19/2015 07:26 PM
> Subject: RE: [neutron-dev] VPNService - Input needed for inclusion
> of BGPVPN BP

> Ryan,

>   Yes, the VPNService team would be involved in writing relevant
> YANG models, NN code and relevant test cases.

> Regards,
> Prem

My trello id is vishalthapar.