Re: bug 5173 - "deserialization failed" WARN messages

Michal Rehak -X (mirehak - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES@Cisco) <mirehak@...>

Hi Bertrand,

unfortunately I would need more details on this. Bug-5173 is about table-features update where actions and matches are encoded a bit differently than in a flow. This produces plenty of warnings after handshake when table-features are processed. And this is of no issue for devices where table-features is not supported.

From here on I am just guessing:

if you sent an experimenter action from device to controller (e.g.: packed inside of flow/group statistics) then this message complains about missing deserializer. Finding appropriate deserializer takes 2 steps:

 - compute lookup key (based on first bytes of experimenter element - action in this case) and

 - find deserializer in map using the key

First thing - in the message key.toString() shows that experimenterId is null. This is presumably a bug. Every experimenter element shall be owned by a particular vendor with assigned experimenterId. Could you provide stacktrace?

If you have registered appropriate custom deserializer then it is not found because of that null value in key. If you have not registered one then ofJava got no clue on how to handle your action.

Another complication ahead: deserializers of experimenter elements in ofJava consists of 2 steps - first the experimenterId is parsed out of byte-stream and then custom amount of next bytes is parsed in order to detect type and pick appropriate final deserializer.

Could you please provide more details on your message and stacktrace and eventually deserializer?

Regards,

Michal