OpenFlow Plugin and OpenFlow Java Library merge status
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
Hi TSC, Infra, Release, OpenFlow Java Library & OpenFlow Plugin,
As you probably know OpenFlow Java Library & OpenFlow Plugin projects had decided to merge in Nitrogen. Specifically the OpenFlow Java Library project codebase has been merged into the OpenFlow Plugin project - and the impacts to downstream projects have been resolved. OpenFlow Java committers also voted to archive the project. A termination proposal  has been created with a two week notice.
More details on the OpenFlow Plugin and OpenFlow Java Library merge from Tomas Slusny & Michal Rehak:
What was done:
* Discussion about merging OpenFlowJava to OpenFlowPlugin was initiated here: 
* Weather report for merge was created here: 
* OpenFlowJava latest HEAD () was merged to OpenFlowPlugin repository master branch (Nitrogen) in this patches: 
* All references to OpenFlowJava in OpenFlowPlugin was replaced with consumed code,
odl-openflowjava-all feature was removed, but odl-openflowjava-protocol remained same
* OpenFlowJava project is not going to participate in Nitrogen release as it was consumed by OpenFlowPlugin
* Vote  on OpenFlow Java Library mailing list to archive the project - with a two week termination notice
* A termination proposal  for OpenFlow Java Library has been created as per archival process 
What needs to be done:
* OpenFlowJava master (Nitrogen) branch needs to be
locked/archived. Tomas will follow up with the infra for this.
* Update OpenFlowJava wiki with informations about the merge
* Create wiki page for OpenFlowPlugin with informations about the merge and about changes in structure to help
contributors that was contributing to both OpenFlowPlugin and OpenFlowJava
Please let us know if you need more info.
On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 9:14 AM, Abhijit Kumbhare <abhijitkoss@...> wrote: