Date   

回复: [openflowplugin-dev] [All channel inactive]Switch concurrencyconnect to odl and all others switch disconnected problem

"陈卓文
 

Hi Luis Gomez:

Thanks for your remind. You are right.
After setting OVS inactivity_probe parameter to 0,  the problem relief. This is not openflowjava or openflowplugin bug.


------------------ 原始邮件 ------------------
发件人: "Luis Gomez"<ecelgp@...>;
发送时间: 2018年8月1日(星期三) 凌晨2:51
收件人: "陈卓文"<chenzhuowen.simon@...>;
抄送: "openflowjava-dev"<openflowjava-dev@...>; "openflowplugin-dev"<openflowplugin-dev@...>;
主题: Re: [openflowplugin-dev] [All channel inactive]Switch concurrencyconnect to odl and all others switch disconnected problem

The message below indicates the switch disconnects, since this is OVS, can you check in the OVS log (e.g. ovs-vswitchd.log) the reason for the disconnect? If the reason is timeout receiving echo response from controller, this means controller is too busy to respond to switch echos in which case switch disconnects and reconnects back making things worse. If that is the problem can you try the same scenario after setting the OVS inactivity_probe parameter to 0?


> On Jul 30, 2018, at 6:42 AM, 陈卓文 <chenzhuowen.simon@...> wrote:
>
> 2018-07-24T20:55:00,333 | INFO  | epollEventLoopGroup-9-42 | SystemNotificationsListenerImpl  | 326 - org.opendaylight.openflowplugin.impl - 0.6.2.netease1 | ConnectionEvent: Connection closed by device, Device:/xxxx:35922, NodeId:openflow:xxx


Re: [openflowplugin-dev] [All channel inactive]Switch concurrency connect to odl and all others switch disconnected problem

Luis Gomez <ecelgp@...>
 

The message below indicates the switch disconnects, since this is OVS, can you check in the OVS log (e.g. ovs-vswitchd.log) the reason for the disconnect? If the reason is timeout receiving echo response from controller, this means controller is too busy to respond to switch echos in which case switch disconnects and reconnects back making things worse. If that is the problem can you try the same scenario after setting the OVS inactivity_probe parameter to 0?

On Jul 30, 2018, at 6:42 AM, 陈卓文 <chenzhuowen.simon@foxmail.com> wrote:

2018-07-24T20:55:00,333 | INFO | epollEventLoopGroup-9-42 | SystemNotificationsListenerImpl | 326 - org.opendaylight.openflowplugin.impl - 0.6.2.netease1 | ConnectionEvent: Connection closed by device, Device:/xxxx:35922, NodeId:openflow:xxx


[All channel inactive]Switch concurrency connect to odl and all others switch disconnected problem

"陈卓文
 

Hi Openflowjava/Openflowplugin Developer:

I meet a concurrency problem in odl openflowplugin.
I create ovs as switch using script and it connected to my controller one by one:
```python
for ovs_id in range (OVS_START_NUM,OVS_NUM):
    subprocess.call('ovs-vsctl add-br bridge%d' % ovs_id, shell=True)
    subprocess.call('ovs-vsctl set-controller bridge%d tcp:%s:6633' % ovs_id, controller, shell=True)
```

And I can see: all connected switch disconnected in a time suddenly. I can see the log:
```
2018-07-24T20:55:00,333 | INFO | epollEventLoopGroup-9-42 | SystemNotificationsListenerImpl | 326 - org.opendaylight.openflowplugin.impl - 0.6.2.netease1 | ConnectionEvent: Connection closed by device, Device:/xxxx:35922, NodeId:openflow:xxx
```

I find the openflowjava code in `DelegatingInboundHandler.java`,it mean "the channel between controller and switch inactive."
```
    @Override
    public void channelInactive(final ChannelHandlerContext ctx) {
        LOG.debug("Channel inactive");
        if (!inactiveMessageSent) {
            DisconnectEventBuilder builder = new DisconnectEventBuilder();
            builder.setInfo("Channel inactive");
            consumer.consume(builder.build());
            inactiveMessageSent = true;
        }
    }
```

But I am very sure all switch and controller network link no problem. I had test many time, this issue will happen again. And I found the special log:
```
2018-07-27T19:07:37,499 | WARN | opendaylight-cluster-data-akka.actor.default-dispatcher-28 | ContextChainImpl | 326 - org.opendaylight.openflowplugin.impl - 0.6.2.netease1 | Not able to start clustering services for node openflow:86750152275523 2018-07-27T19:07:37,500 | WARN | ofppool-358 | ContextChainHolderImpl | 326 - org.opendaylight.openflowplugin.impl | Not able to set MASTER role on device openflow:86750152275523, reason: java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to initialize device openflow:86750152275523 in 9s: java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException: Waited 9000 milliseconds for com.google.common.util.concurrent.AbstractTransformFuture$AsyncTransformFuture@7ae82a2[status=PENDING]
```
Before this log, the controller everything well. And After this log, I can see many `Connection closed by device` log.
This log show concurrent timeout and thread status PENDING.
I find the Exception code in `DeviceContextImpl.java`:
```
            final Future<Void> initialize = initializer
                    .get()
                    .initialize(this, switchFeaturesMandatory, skipTableFeatures, writerProvider, convertorExecutor);

            try {
                initialize.get(DEVICE_INIT_TIMEOUT, TimeUnit.MILLISECONDS);
            } catch (TimeoutException ex) {
                initialize.cancel(true);
                throw new RuntimeException(String.format("Failed to initialize device %s in %ss: %s",
                        deviceInfo.toString(), String.valueOf(DEVICE_INIT_TIMEOUT / 1000), ex.toString()), ex);
            } catch (ExecutionException | InterruptedException ex) {
                throw new RuntimeException(
                        String.format("Device %s cannot be initialized: %s", deviceInfo.toString(), ex.toString()), ex);
            }
```

The device initialize process for get OFPMPDESC/OFPMPMETERFEATURES/OFPMPGROUPFEATURES... from switch. And it request isn't exceute by channel's Eventloop?

I think this is a concurrency problem in openflowplugin / openflowjava / netty ?

For more, I alse test switch connect to 6633 and 6653 port in same controller. And I saw when all switch disconnect in 6633 port, but all switch connect to 6653 port no problem.
I know 6653 and 6633 port is different netty EventLoopGroup.
Is a channel in one EventLoopGroup(6633), it device initialize failed and make all EventLoopGroup channel inactive? And another EventLoopGroup(6653) isn't affected.

I had read openflowjava and openflowplugin code very detail, but i cannot find the problem in source code.
Is it a concurrency bug in ofp using netty way? or something others?


Hope get your help. Thanks.
-----------
SimonCZW


Eclipse Opendaylight

Faisal amin <faisalamin32@...>
 

Hi All,

I am trying to import Opendaylight source to eclipse.I have tried to import code from the git root directory but there were a lot of errors. I have followed some video tutorial on youtube to import the code but nothing worked out.

I Have followed the link bellow for Eclipse:

https://github.com/vorburger/opendaylight-eclipse-setup


Does anyone provide me some suggestion to import the code successfully to eclipse?


Regards
Faisal Amin


[Openflow] TLS - No cipher suites in common issue

A Vamsikrishna
 

Hi All,

 

I am using java1.8 & following below wiki :

 

https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/OpenDaylight_OpenFlow_Plugin:_TLS_Support

 

Does below commands from above wiki make use of RSA as a default algorithm ?

 

 

sudo ovs-pki req+sign sc switch

sudo ovs-pki req+sign ctl controller

 

 

Is it causing the problem ?

 

And I using below cipher which is based on ECDSA :

 

TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256

 

If yes, how to create certificates that makes use of ECDSA algorithm ?

 

Thanks,

Vamsi

 

 

From: A Vamsikrishna
Sent: Monday, December 18, 2017 4:05 PM
To: 'openflowjava-dev@...' <openflowjava-dev@...>
Subject: [Openflow] TLS cipher suite cannot support exception

 

Hi All,

 

All below scenarios looks fine

 

 

 with no ciphers

(or)

<cipher-suites>TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256</cipher-suites>

(or)

<cipher-suites>TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256</cipher-suites>

<cipher-suites>TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256</cipher-suites           

 (or)

<cipher-suites>TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256</cipher-suites>

<cipher-suites>TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256</cipher-suites>

 

 stack@devcontrol:~/devstack$

stack@devcontrol:~/devstack$ sudo tail -5 /var/log/openvswitch/ovs-vswitchd.log

2017-11-21T15:17:16.417Z|02158|rconn|WARN|br-int<->ssl:192.168.56.1:6653: connection dropped (Connection refused)

2017-11-21T15:17:24.437Z|02159|rconn|WARN|br-int<->ssl:192.168.56.1:6653: connection dropped (Connection refused)

2017-11-21T15:17:32.383Z|02160|rconn|WARN|br-int<->ssl:192.168.56.1:6653: connection dropped (Connection refused)

2017-11-21T15:17:40.915Z|02161|rconn|INFO|br-int<->ssl:192.168.56.1:6653: connected

2017-11-21T15:17:54.279Z|02162|connmgr|INFO|br-int<->ssl:192.168.56.1:6653: 38 flow_mods 10 s ago (38 adds)

stack@devcontrol:~/devstack$

stack@devcontrol:~/devstack$

 

stack@devcontrol:~/devstack$ sudo ovs-vsctl show

9191393d-55e3-49c8-82e0-ea597b611ec0

    Manager "tcp:192.168.56.1:6640"

        is_connected: true

    Bridge br-int

        Controller "ssl:192.168.56.1:6653"

            is_connected: true

        fail_mode: secure

        Port br-int

            Interface br-int

                type: internal

    Bridge br-ext

        Port br-ext

            Interface br-ext

                type: internal

    ovs_version: "2.6.1"

stack@devcontrol:~/devstack$

 

 

 only with below cipher suite alone it's not working

 

 <cipher-suites>TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256</cipher-suites>

 

 

 stack@devcontrol:~/devstack$ sudo tail -5 /var/log/openvswitch/ovs-vswitchd.log

2017-11-21T15:10:28.370Z|02089|rconn|WARN|br-int<->ssl:192.168.56.1:6653: connection dropped (Protocol error)

2017-11-21T15:10:36.343Z|02090|stream_ssl|WARN|SSL_connect: error:14077410:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:sslv3 alert handshake failure

2017-11-21T15:10:36.344Z|02091|rconn|WARN|br-int<->ssl:192.168.56.1:6653: connection dropped (Protocol error)

2017-11-21T15:10:44.343Z|02092|stream_ssl|WARN|SSL_connect: error:14077410:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:sslv3 alert handshake failure

2017-11-21T15:10:44.343Z|02093|rconn|WARN|br-int<->ssl:192.168.56.1:6653: connection dropped (Protocol error)

stack@devcontrol:~/devstack$

stack@devcontrol:~/devstack$

stack@devcontrol:~/devstack$ sudo ovs-vsctl show

9191393d-55e3-49c8-82e0-ea597b611ec0

    Manager "tcp:192.168.56.1:6640"

        is_connected: true

    Bridge br-int

        Controller "ssl:192.168.56.1:6653"

        fail_mode: secure

        Port br-int

            Interface br-int

                type: internal

    Bridge br-ext

        Port br-ext

                               

                               

                                Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: no cipher suites in common

        at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.checkThrown(Handshaker.java:1478)[:1.8.0_131]

        at sun.security.ssl.SSLEngineImpl.checkTaskThrown(SSLEngineImpl.java:535)[:1.8.0_131]

        at sun.security.ssl.SSLEngineImpl.readNetRecord(SSLEngineImpl.java:813)[:1.8.0_131]

        at sun.security.ssl.SSLEngineImpl.unwrap(SSLEngineImpl.java:781)[:1.8.0_131]

        at javax.net.ssl.SSLEngine.unwrap(SSLEngine.java:624)[:1.8.0_131]

        at io.netty.handler.ssl.SslHandler$SslEngineType$2.unwrap(SslHandler.java:223)[97:io.netty.handler:4.1.8.Final]

        at io.netty.handler.ssl.SslHandler.unwrap(SslHandler.java:1117)[97:io.netty.handler:4.1.8.Final]

        at io.netty.handler.ssl.SslHandler.decode(SslHandler.java:1039)[97:io.netty.handler:4.1.8.Final]

        at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.callDecode(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:411)[94:io.netty.codec:4.1.8.Final]

        ... 25 more

Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: no cipher suites in common

        at sun.security.ssl.Alerts.getSSLException(Alerts.java:192)[:1.8.0_131]

        at sun.security.ssl.SSLEngineImpl.fatal(SSLEngineImpl.java:1666)[:1.8.0_131]

        at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.fatalSE(Handshaker.java:304)[:1.8.0_131]

        at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.fatalSE(Handshaker.java:292)[:1.8.0_131]

        at sun.security.ssl.ServerHandshaker.chooseCipherSuite(ServerHandshaker.java:1045)[:1.8.0_131]

        at sun.security.ssl.ServerHandshaker.clientHello(ServerHandshaker.java:741)[:1.8.0_131]

        at sun.security.ssl.ServerHandshaker.processMessage(ServerHandshaker.java:224)[:1.8.0_131]

        at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.processLoop(Handshaker.java:1026)[:1.8.0_131]

        at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker$1.run(Handshaker.java:966)[:1.8.0_131]

        at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker$1.run(Handshaker.java:963)[:1.8.0_131]

        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)[:1.8.0_131]

        at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker$DelegatedTask.run(Handshaker.java:1416)[:1.8.0_131]

        at io.netty.handler.ssl.SslHandler.runDelegatedTasks(SslHandler.java:1256)[97:io.netty.handler:4.1.8.Final]

        at io.netty.handler.ssl.SslHandler.unwrap(SslHandler.java:1169)[97:io.netty.handler:4.1.8.Final]

        ... 27 more

 

 

Any thoughts on this ?

 

Thanks,

Vamsi

 

 

From: A Vamsikrishna
Sent: Thursday, December 14, 2017 7:21 PM
To: 'openflowjava-dev@...' <openflowjava-dev@...>
Subject: [Openflow] TLS cipher suite cannot support exception

 

 

Hi All,

 

I am working on OFJ to allow users to configure cipher-suites to use with
SSLEngine. (https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/#/c/34942/).
 
I am trying to test it by configuring the cipher suites supported by
SunProvider 1.8, for e.g. TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384. (
http://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/technotes/guides/security/SunProviders.html
).
However, I see an IllegalArgumentException exception indicating that the
cipher suite is not supported.
 
Can you please help me with this issue ?
 
 
Here is the stacktrace -->
 
 
2016-02-23 12:16:34,802 | WARN  | entLoopGroup-9-2 | TcpChannelInitializer
           | 262 - org.opendaylight.openflowjava.openflow-protocol-impl -
0.8.0.SNAPSHOT | Failed to initialize channel
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot support
TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384 with currently installed providers
at
sun.security.ssl.CipherSuiteList.<init>(CipherSuiteList.java:92)[:1.8.0_60]
at
sun.security.ssl.SSLEngineImpl.setEnabledCipherSuites(SSLEngineImpl.java:2038)[:1.8.0_60]
at
org.opendaylight.openflowjava.protocol.impl.core.TcpChannelInitializer.initChannel(TcpChannelInitializer.java:91)[262:org.opendaylight.openflowjava.openflow-protocol-impl:0.8.0.SNAPSHOT]
at
org.opendaylight.openflowjava.protocol.impl.core.TcpChannelInitializer.initChannel(TcpChannelInitializer.java:32)[262:org.opendaylight.openflowjava.openflow-protocol-impl:0.8.0.SNAPSHOT]
at
io.netty.channel.ChannelInitializer.channelRegistered(ChannelInitializer.java:68)[125:io.netty.transport:4.0.33.Final]
at
io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRegistered(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:143)[125:io.netty.transport:4.0.33.Final]
at
io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRegistered(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:129)[125:io.netty.transport:4.0.33.Final]
at
io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.fireChannelRegistered(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:733)[125:io.netty.transport:4.0.33.Final]
at
io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AbstractUnsafe.register0(AbstractChannel.java:450)[125:io.netty.transport:4.0.33.Final]
at
io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AbstractUnsafe.access$100(AbstractChannel.java:378)[125:io.netty.transport:4.0.33.Final]
at
io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AbstractUnsafe$1.run(AbstractChannel.java:424)[125:io.netty.transport:4.0.33.Final]
at
io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor.runAllTasks(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:329)[124:io.netty.common:4.0.33.Final]
at
io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:350)[125:io.netty.transport:4.0.33.Final]
at
io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$2.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:112)[124:io.netty.common:4.0.33.Final]
at
io.netty.util.concurrent.DefaultThreadFactory$DefaultRunnableDecorator.run(DefaultThreadFactory.java:137)[124:io.netty.common:4.0.33.Final]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)[:1.8.0_60]

 

I have tried to update the JCE policy files to include jars that provide unlimited
cryptographic strength:
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jce8-download-2133166.html

 

But it did not work out even after my ODL restart (System:shutdown)

 

Any thoughts ?

 

 

 

Thanks,

Vamsi

 


[Openflow] TLS cipher suite cannot support exception

A Vamsikrishna
 

Hi All,

 

All below scenarios looks fine

 

 

 with no ciphers

(or)

<cipher-suites>TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256</cipher-suites>

(or)

<cipher-suites>TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256</cipher-suites>

<cipher-suites>TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256</cipher-suites           

 (or)

<cipher-suites>TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256</cipher-suites>

<cipher-suites>TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256</cipher-suites>

 

 stack@devcontrol:~/devstack$

stack@devcontrol:~/devstack$ sudo tail -5 /var/log/openvswitch/ovs-vswitchd.log

2017-11-21T15:17:16.417Z|02158|rconn|WARN|br-int<->ssl:192.168.56.1:6653: connection dropped (Connection refused)

2017-11-21T15:17:24.437Z|02159|rconn|WARN|br-int<->ssl:192.168.56.1:6653: connection dropped (Connection refused)

2017-11-21T15:17:32.383Z|02160|rconn|WARN|br-int<->ssl:192.168.56.1:6653: connection dropped (Connection refused)

2017-11-21T15:17:40.915Z|02161|rconn|INFO|br-int<->ssl:192.168.56.1:6653: connected

2017-11-21T15:17:54.279Z|02162|connmgr|INFO|br-int<->ssl:192.168.56.1:6653: 38 flow_mods 10 s ago (38 adds)

stack@devcontrol:~/devstack$

stack@devcontrol:~/devstack$

 

stack@devcontrol:~/devstack$ sudo ovs-vsctl show

9191393d-55e3-49c8-82e0-ea597b611ec0

    Manager "tcp:192.168.56.1:6640"

        is_connected: true

    Bridge br-int

        Controller "ssl:192.168.56.1:6653"

            is_connected: true

        fail_mode: secure

        Port br-int

            Interface br-int

                type: internal

    Bridge br-ext

        Port br-ext

            Interface br-ext

                type: internal

    ovs_version: "2.6.1"

stack@devcontrol:~/devstack$

 

 

 only with below cipher suite alone it's not working

 

 <cipher-suites>TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256</cipher-suites>

 

 

 stack@devcontrol:~/devstack$ sudo tail -5 /var/log/openvswitch/ovs-vswitchd.log

2017-11-21T15:10:28.370Z|02089|rconn|WARN|br-int<->ssl:192.168.56.1:6653: connection dropped (Protocol error)

2017-11-21T15:10:36.343Z|02090|stream_ssl|WARN|SSL_connect: error:14077410:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:sslv3 alert handshake failure

2017-11-21T15:10:36.344Z|02091|rconn|WARN|br-int<->ssl:192.168.56.1:6653: connection dropped (Protocol error)

2017-11-21T15:10:44.343Z|02092|stream_ssl|WARN|SSL_connect: error:14077410:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:sslv3 alert handshake failure

2017-11-21T15:10:44.343Z|02093|rconn|WARN|br-int<->ssl:192.168.56.1:6653: connection dropped (Protocol error)

stack@devcontrol:~/devstack$

stack@devcontrol:~/devstack$

stack@devcontrol:~/devstack$ sudo ovs-vsctl show

9191393d-55e3-49c8-82e0-ea597b611ec0

    Manager "tcp:192.168.56.1:6640"

        is_connected: true

    Bridge br-int

        Controller "ssl:192.168.56.1:6653"

        fail_mode: secure

        Port br-int

            Interface br-int

                type: internal

    Bridge br-ext

        Port br-ext

                               

                               

                                Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: no cipher suites in common

        at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.checkThrown(Handshaker.java:1478)[:1.8.0_131]

        at sun.security.ssl.SSLEngineImpl.checkTaskThrown(SSLEngineImpl.java:535)[:1.8.0_131]

        at sun.security.ssl.SSLEngineImpl.readNetRecord(SSLEngineImpl.java:813)[:1.8.0_131]

        at sun.security.ssl.SSLEngineImpl.unwrap(SSLEngineImpl.java:781)[:1.8.0_131]

        at javax.net.ssl.SSLEngine.unwrap(SSLEngine.java:624)[:1.8.0_131]

        at io.netty.handler.ssl.SslHandler$SslEngineType$2.unwrap(SslHandler.java:223)[97:io.netty.handler:4.1.8.Final]

        at io.netty.handler.ssl.SslHandler.unwrap(SslHandler.java:1117)[97:io.netty.handler:4.1.8.Final]

        at io.netty.handler.ssl.SslHandler.decode(SslHandler.java:1039)[97:io.netty.handler:4.1.8.Final]

        at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.callDecode(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:411)[94:io.netty.codec:4.1.8.Final]

        ... 25 more

Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: no cipher suites in common

        at sun.security.ssl.Alerts.getSSLException(Alerts.java:192)[:1.8.0_131]

        at sun.security.ssl.SSLEngineImpl.fatal(SSLEngineImpl.java:1666)[:1.8.0_131]

        at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.fatalSE(Handshaker.java:304)[:1.8.0_131]

        at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.fatalSE(Handshaker.java:292)[:1.8.0_131]

        at sun.security.ssl.ServerHandshaker.chooseCipherSuite(ServerHandshaker.java:1045)[:1.8.0_131]

        at sun.security.ssl.ServerHandshaker.clientHello(ServerHandshaker.java:741)[:1.8.0_131]

        at sun.security.ssl.ServerHandshaker.processMessage(ServerHandshaker.java:224)[:1.8.0_131]

        at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker.processLoop(Handshaker.java:1026)[:1.8.0_131]

        at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker$1.run(Handshaker.java:966)[:1.8.0_131]

        at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker$1.run(Handshaker.java:963)[:1.8.0_131]

        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)[:1.8.0_131]

        at sun.security.ssl.Handshaker$DelegatedTask.run(Handshaker.java:1416)[:1.8.0_131]

        at io.netty.handler.ssl.SslHandler.runDelegatedTasks(SslHandler.java:1256)[97:io.netty.handler:4.1.8.Final]

        at io.netty.handler.ssl.SslHandler.unwrap(SslHandler.java:1169)[97:io.netty.handler:4.1.8.Final]

        ... 27 more

 

 

Any thoughts on this ?

 

Thanks,

Vamsi

 

 

From: A Vamsikrishna
Sent: Thursday, December 14, 2017 7:21 PM
To: 'openflowjava-dev@...' <openflowjava-dev@...>
Subject: [Openflow] TLS cipher suite cannot support exception

 

 

Hi All,

 

I am working on OFJ to allow users to configure cipher-suites to use with
SSLEngine. (https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/#/c/34942/).
 
I am trying to test it by configuring the cipher suites supported by
SunProvider 1.8, for e.g. TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384. (
http://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/technotes/guides/security/SunProviders.html
).
However, I see an IllegalArgumentException exception indicating that the
cipher suite is not supported.
 
Can you please help me with this issue ?
 
 
Here is the stacktrace -->
 
 
2016-02-23 12:16:34,802 | WARN  | entLoopGroup-9-2 | TcpChannelInitializer
           | 262 - org.opendaylight.openflowjava.openflow-protocol-impl -
0.8.0.SNAPSHOT | Failed to initialize channel
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot support
TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384 with currently installed providers
at
sun.security.ssl.CipherSuiteList.<init>(CipherSuiteList.java:92)[:1.8.0_60]
at
sun.security.ssl.SSLEngineImpl.setEnabledCipherSuites(SSLEngineImpl.java:2038)[:1.8.0_60]
at
org.opendaylight.openflowjava.protocol.impl.core.TcpChannelInitializer.initChannel(TcpChannelInitializer.java:91)[262:org.opendaylight.openflowjava.openflow-protocol-impl:0.8.0.SNAPSHOT]
at
org.opendaylight.openflowjava.protocol.impl.core.TcpChannelInitializer.initChannel(TcpChannelInitializer.java:32)[262:org.opendaylight.openflowjava.openflow-protocol-impl:0.8.0.SNAPSHOT]
at
io.netty.channel.ChannelInitializer.channelRegistered(ChannelInitializer.java:68)[125:io.netty.transport:4.0.33.Final]
at
io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRegistered(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:143)[125:io.netty.transport:4.0.33.Final]
at
io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRegistered(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:129)[125:io.netty.transport:4.0.33.Final]
at
io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.fireChannelRegistered(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:733)[125:io.netty.transport:4.0.33.Final]
at
io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AbstractUnsafe.register0(AbstractChannel.java:450)[125:io.netty.transport:4.0.33.Final]
at
io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AbstractUnsafe.access$100(AbstractChannel.java:378)[125:io.netty.transport:4.0.33.Final]
at
io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AbstractUnsafe$1.run(AbstractChannel.java:424)[125:io.netty.transport:4.0.33.Final]
at
io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor.runAllTasks(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:329)[124:io.netty.common:4.0.33.Final]
at
io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:350)[125:io.netty.transport:4.0.33.Final]
at
io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$2.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:112)[124:io.netty.common:4.0.33.Final]
at
io.netty.util.concurrent.DefaultThreadFactory$DefaultRunnableDecorator.run(DefaultThreadFactory.java:137)[124:io.netty.common:4.0.33.Final]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)[:1.8.0_60]

 

I have tried to update the JCE policy files to include jars that provide unlimited
cryptographic strength:
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jce8-download-2133166.html

 

But it did not work out even after my ODL restart (System:shutdown)

 

Any thoughts ?

 

 

 

Thanks,

Vamsi

 


Re: [Openflow] TLS cipher suite cannot support exception

Mohamed ElSerngawy
 

Hi Vamsikrishna,

keep in mind it is mutual communication, what openflow switch u use ? is it ovs bridge ? 

BR 


On Thu, Dec 14, 2017 at 8:51 AM, A Vamsikrishna <a.vamsikrishna@...> wrote:

 

Hi All,

 

I am working on OFJ to allow users to configure cipher-suites to use with
SSLEngine. (https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/#/c/34942/).
 
I am trying to test it by configuring the cipher suites supported by
SunProvider 1.8, for e.g. TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384. (
http://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/technotes/guides/security/SunProviders.html
).
However, I see an IllegalArgumentException exception indicating that the
cipher suite is not supported.
 
Can you please help me with this issue ?
 
 
Here is the stacktrace -->
 
 
2016-02-23 12:16:34,802 | WARN  | entLoopGroup-9-2 | TcpChannelInitializer
           | 262 - org.opendaylight.openflowjava.openflow-protocol-impl -
0.8.0.SNAPSHOT | Failed to initialize channel
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot support
TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384 with currently installed providers
at
sun.security.ssl.CipherSuiteList.<init>(CipherSuiteList.java:92)[:1.8.0_60]
at
sun.security.ssl.SSLEngineImpl.setEnabledCipherSuites(SSLEngineImpl.java:2038)[:1.8.0_60]
at
org.opendaylight.openflowjava.protocol.impl.core.TcpChannelInitializer.initChannel(TcpChannelInitializer.java:91)[262:org.opendaylight.openflowjava.openflow-protocol-impl:0.8.0.SNAPSHOT]
at
org.opendaylight.openflowjava.protocol.impl.core.TcpChannelInitializer.initChannel(TcpChannelInitializer.java:32)[262:org.opendaylight.openflowjava.openflow-protocol-impl:0.8.0.SNAPSHOT]
at
io.netty.channel.ChannelInitializer.channelRegistered(ChannelInitializer.java:68)[125:io.netty.transport:4.0.33.Final]
at
io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRegistered(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:143)[125:io.netty.transport:4.0.33.Final]
at
io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRegistered(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:129)[125:io.netty.transport:4.0.33.Final]
at
io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.fireChannelRegistered(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:733)[125:io.netty.transport:4.0.33.Final]
at
io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AbstractUnsafe.register0(AbstractChannel.java:450)[125:io.netty.transport:4.0.33.Final]
at
io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AbstractUnsafe.access$100(AbstractChannel.java:378)[125:io.netty.transport:4.0.33.Final]
at
io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AbstractUnsafe$1.run(AbstractChannel.java:424)[125:io.netty.transport:4.0.33.Final]
at
io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor.runAllTasks(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:329)[124:io.netty.common:4.0.33.Final]
at
io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:350)[125:io.netty.transport:4.0.33.Final]
at
io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$2.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:112)[124:io.netty.common:4.0.33.Final]
at
io.netty.util.concurrent.DefaultThreadFactory$DefaultRunnableDecorator.run(DefaultThreadFactory.java:137)[124:io.netty.common:4.0.33.Final]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)[:1.8.0_60]

 

I have tried to update the JCE policy files to include jars that provide unlimited
cryptographic strength:
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jce8-download-2133166.html

 

But it did not work out even after my ODL restart (System:shutdown)

 

Any thoughts ?

 

 

 

Thanks,

Vamsi

 


_______________________________________________
openflowjava-dev mailing list
openflowjava-dev@lists.opendaylight.org
https://lists.opendaylight.org/mailman/listinfo/openflowjava-dev



[Openflow] TLS cipher suite cannot support exception

A Vamsikrishna
 

 

Hi All,

 

I am working on OFJ to allow users to configure cipher-suites to use with
SSLEngine. (https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/#/c/34942/).
 
I am trying to test it by configuring the cipher suites supported by
SunProvider 1.8, for e.g. TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384. (
http://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/technotes/guides/security/SunProviders.html
).
However, I see an IllegalArgumentException exception indicating that the
cipher suite is not supported.
 
Can you please help me with this issue ?
 
 
Here is the stacktrace -->
 
 
2016-02-23 12:16:34,802 | WARN  | entLoopGroup-9-2 | TcpChannelInitializer
           | 262 - org.opendaylight.openflowjava.openflow-protocol-impl -
0.8.0.SNAPSHOT | Failed to initialize channel
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot support
TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384 with currently installed providers
at
sun.security.ssl.CipherSuiteList.<init>(CipherSuiteList.java:92)[:1.8.0_60]
at
sun.security.ssl.SSLEngineImpl.setEnabledCipherSuites(SSLEngineImpl.java:2038)[:1.8.0_60]
at
org.opendaylight.openflowjava.protocol.impl.core.TcpChannelInitializer.initChannel(TcpChannelInitializer.java:91)[262:org.opendaylight.openflowjava.openflow-protocol-impl:0.8.0.SNAPSHOT]
at
org.opendaylight.openflowjava.protocol.impl.core.TcpChannelInitializer.initChannel(TcpChannelInitializer.java:32)[262:org.opendaylight.openflowjava.openflow-protocol-impl:0.8.0.SNAPSHOT]
at
io.netty.channel.ChannelInitializer.channelRegistered(ChannelInitializer.java:68)[125:io.netty.transport:4.0.33.Final]
at
io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRegistered(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:143)[125:io.netty.transport:4.0.33.Final]
at
io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRegistered(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:129)[125:io.netty.transport:4.0.33.Final]
at
io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.fireChannelRegistered(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:733)[125:io.netty.transport:4.0.33.Final]
at
io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AbstractUnsafe.register0(AbstractChannel.java:450)[125:io.netty.transport:4.0.33.Final]
at
io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AbstractUnsafe.access$100(AbstractChannel.java:378)[125:io.netty.transport:4.0.33.Final]
at
io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AbstractUnsafe$1.run(AbstractChannel.java:424)[125:io.netty.transport:4.0.33.Final]
at
io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor.runAllTasks(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:329)[124:io.netty.common:4.0.33.Final]
at
io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:350)[125:io.netty.transport:4.0.33.Final]
at
io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$2.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:112)[124:io.netty.common:4.0.33.Final]
at
io.netty.util.concurrent.DefaultThreadFactory$DefaultRunnableDecorator.run(DefaultThreadFactory.java:137)[124:io.netty.common:4.0.33.Final]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)[:1.8.0_60]

 

I have tried to update the JCE policy files to include jars that provide unlimited
cryptographic strength:
http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jce8-download-2133166.html

 

But it did not work out even after my ODL restart (System:shutdown)

 

Any thoughts ?

 

 

 

Thanks,

Vamsi

 


Re: [release] [OpenDaylight TSC] OpenFlow Plugin and OpenFlow Java Library merge status

Abhijit Kumbhare
 

Great, thanks!

On Mon, Jul 31, 2017 at 9:10 AM Thanh Ha <thanh.ha@...> wrote:
On Mon, Jul 31, 2017 at 12:04 PM, Abhijit Kumbhare <abhijitkoss@...> wrote:
Yes - it should be fine to remove OpenFlow Java from Nitrogen Autorelease.

On Wed, Jul 26, 2017 at 11:54 PM, Anil Vishnoi <vishnoianil@...> wrote:
Yeah, i think it should be fine, until and unless someone directly consuming the openflowjava libraries ( i am not aware of, atleast in upstream).

On Wed, Jul 26, 2017 at 11:31 PM, An Ho <An.Ho@...> wrote:

Abhijit, would it be safe to remove OpenFlowJava Project from Nitrogen Autorelease?

 

Thanh, could you submit a patch to remove openflowjava and hopefully the build completes successfully.

 

Best Regards,

An Ho


 
(Removing infrastructure mailing list, please only use that for actual infra related topics)

I've submitted this patch to remove openflowjava. It will be active in tonight's build.


Regards,
Thanh



Re: [release] [OpenDaylight TSC] OpenFlow Plugin and OpenFlow Java Library merge status

Thanh Ha <thanh.ha@...>
 

On Mon, Jul 31, 2017 at 12:04 PM, Abhijit Kumbhare <abhijitkoss@...> wrote:
Yes - it should be fine to remove OpenFlow Java from Nitrogen Autorelease.

On Wed, Jul 26, 2017 at 11:54 PM, Anil Vishnoi <vishnoianil@...> wrote:
Yeah, i think it should be fine, until and unless someone directly consuming the openflowjava libraries ( i am not aware of, atleast in upstream).

On Wed, Jul 26, 2017 at 11:31 PM, An Ho <An.Ho@...> wrote:

Abhijit, would it be safe to remove OpenFlowJava Project from Nitrogen Autorelease?

 

Thanh, could you submit a patch to remove openflowjava and hopefully the build completes successfully.

 

Best Regards,

An Ho


 
(Removing infrastructure mailing list, please only use that for actual infra related topics)

I've submitted this patch to remove openflowjava. It will be active in tonight's build.


Regards,
Thanh



Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] OpenFlow Plugin and OpenFlow Java Library merge status

Abhijit Kumbhare
 

Yes - it should be fine to remove OpenFlow Java from Nitrogen Autorelease.

On Wed, Jul 26, 2017 at 11:54 PM, Anil Vishnoi <vishnoianil@...> wrote:
Yeah, i think it should be fine, until and unless someone directly consuming the openflowjava libraries ( i am not aware of, atleast in upstream).

On Wed, Jul 26, 2017 at 11:31 PM, An Ho <An.Ho@...> wrote:

Abhijit, would it be safe to remove OpenFlowJava Project from Nitrogen Autorelease?

 

Thanh, could you submit a patch to remove openflowjava and hopefully the build completes successfully.

 

Best Regards,

An Ho

 

 

From: tsc-bounces@....org [mailto:tsc-bounces@...daylight.org] On Behalf Of Colin Dixon
Sent: Wednesday, July 26, 2017 6:00 AM
To: Abhijit Kumbhare; OpenDaylight Infrastructure; Release; openflowjava-dev; openflowplugin-dev@...aylight.org; tsc@...
Subject: Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] [openflowjava-dev] OpenFlow Plugin and OpenFlow Java Library merge status

 

Thanks for the update. It sounds like things are going pretty smoothly. 

 

On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 8:26 PM Abhijit Kumbhare <abhijitkoss@...> wrote:

Hi TSC, Infra, Release, OpenFlow Java Library & OpenFlow Plugin,

 

As you probably know OpenFlow Java Library & OpenFlow Plugin projects had decided to merge in Nitrogen. Specifically the OpenFlow Java Library project codebase has been merged into the OpenFlow Plugin project - and the impacts to downstream projects have been resolved. OpenFlow Java committers also voted to archive the project. A termination proposal [5] has been created with a two week notice.

 

More details on the OpenFlow Plugin and OpenFlow Java Library merge from Tomas Slusny & Michal Rehak:

 

What was done:

---------------------

* Discussion about merging OpenFlowJava to OpenFlowPlugin was initiated here: [0]

* Weather report for merge was created here: [1]

* OpenFlowJava latest HEAD ([2]) was merged to OpenFlowPlugin repository master branch (Nitrogen) in this patches: [3]

* All references to OpenFlowJava in OpenFlowPlugin was replaced with consumed code, 

   odl-openflowjava-all feature was removed, but odl-openflowjava-protocol remained same

* OpenFlowJava project is not going to participate in Nitrogen release as it was consumed by OpenFlowPlugin

* Vote [6] on OpenFlow Java Library mailing list to archive the project - with a two week termination notice

* A termination proposal [5] for OpenFlow Java Library has been created as per archival process [4]

 

 

What needs to be done:

--------------------------------

* OpenFlowJava master (Nitrogen) branch needs to be locked/archived. Tomas will follow up with the infra for this.

* Update OpenFlowJava wiki with informations about the merge

* Create wiki page for OpenFlowPlugin with informations about the merge and about changes in structure to help 

   contributors that was contributing to both OpenFlowPlugin and OpenFlowJava

 

Please let us know if you need more info.

 

- Abhijit

 

[0] https://lists.opendaylight.org/pipermail/openflowplugin-dev/2017-June/007276.html

[1] https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Weather#OpenFlowJava_being_merged_into_OpenFlowPlugin_in_Nitrogen

[2] https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/gitweb?p=openflowjava.git;a=commit;h=76c83901c7a265e0d00c537d34f3f093c636129c

[3] https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/#/q/status:merged+project:openflowplugin+branch:master+topic:bug/8747

[4] https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Archive_Proposals

[5] https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Openflow_Protocol_Library:Termination_Proposal
[6] https://lists.opendaylight.org/pipermail/openflowjava-dev/2017-June/000836.html
 

 

 

 

On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 9:14 AM, Abhijit Kumbhare <abhijitkoss@...> wrote:

I talked with Jozef and Tomas right now - and we think it will be good to discuss this in the Monday OpenFlow Plugin meeting this process (steps provided by Andy, the process followed by Sam/NetVirt when they consumed VPN Service into NetVirt, history, etc.). That way we can ensure it is done right - have all the OpenFlow Plugin committers vote during the meeting if needed. And then initiate OpenFlow Java vote. Hence we will greatly appreciate if Andy (Grimberg) and Sam Hague can join the meeting. The meeting details are here:

 

 

Also pasting below:

 

Weekly on Mondays from 08:30-9:30 am PST/PDT | 11:30-12:30 EST/EDT | 15:30-16:30 UTC during Daylight Time/16:30-17:30 UTC during Standard Time

·         Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/751766361

·         Or iPhone one-tap (US Toll): +14086380968,751766361# or +16465588656,751766361#

·         Or Telephone:

o    Dial: +1 408 638 0968 (US Toll) or +1 646 558 8656 (US Toll)

o    Meeting ID: 751 766 361

o    International numbers available: https://zoom.us/zoomconference?m=RnpzDoDRkdpjWl6TcLb7wYiYV2NYaEUw

·         IRC: Freenode: #opendaylight-openflowplugin

 

 

 

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 11:15 AM, Abhijit Kumbhare <abhijitkoss@...> wrote:

Agree with you Ed about having a vote in OpenFlow Java committer community - and in general the TSC role if we plan to archive. Had planned on that based on how we have decided to proceed (based on Tomas's study of impact). Unfortunately I have been offline for periods of time during the last week or two (on a vacation). Tomorrow (Wednesday) I will be meeting Jozef Bacigal (OpenFlow Java & Plugin committer) and Tomas Slusny (OpenFlow Plugin committer working on this) to understand the latest status on how this has evolved and based on that will figure out the best course of action (after discussing with the other OFP/OFJ committers).

 

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 7:23 AM, Ed Warnicke <hagbard@...> wrote:

Abhijit,

        This strikes me as good news overall.  It might be a good idea to get a vote from the OpenflowJava Committers, particularly as they will need to vote to archive the openflowjava project, and it also makes everything very clear.  As to the TSCs role, it has one for archiving the openflowjava project, and it would have one if there was some dispute with the openflowjava committers (which does not appear to be the case).   All of that said, it is probably courteous to inform the TSC :)

        Thank you for guiding this process :)

 

Ed

 

On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 1:26 PM, Abhijit Kumbhare <abhijitkoss@...> wrote:

Thanks Sam! We may have some questions as we go further into the process.

 

On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 1:00 PM Sam Hague <shague@...> wrote:

On Wed, Jun 7, 2017 at 8:21 PM, Abhijit Kumbhare <abhijitkoss@...> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> We have 2 projects for OpenFlow - OpenFlow Plugin (connection handling,
> state management, apps like the FRM, etc.) & OpenFlow Java Library (library
> for the low level wire protocol implementation). This increases the
> logistics related to the OpenFlow southbound development (done in two
> places) and project reporting overhead. The other southbounds like OVSDB,
> NetConf, etc. do not have two different projects - even if some of them may
> have a similar split internally (plugin & library).
>
> Also more importantly currently most community activity
> (meetings/discussions for the new features) happen in the OpenFlow Plugin
> community even though the implementation needs to be done in OF Plugin and
> OFJ Library. Also going forward OFJ may have only a single active committer
> (Jozef Bacigal).
>
> So some of us feel Nitrogen might be a good time to unify these two
> projects.
>
> The current thought:
>   Move all the code from OpenFlow Java Library to the OpenFlow Plugin.
>
> Advantages:
> 1) This may not need a lot of work.
> 2) All active OpenFlow Java committers are also committers on OpenFlow
> Plugin.
> 3) Since we are not creating a project & if we do not add any new committers
> - this may not even need a TSC approval (but we will work with the TSC when
> we have decided the exact action).
>
> Challenges / open questions:
> 1) How do we retain history for the OpenFlow Java code for code done before
> the code movement? The IT experts may have some ideas on this - Thanh, Anil
> B, Andrew? Also is there a way to subsume a project into another project or
> merge the repos?

We kept history when we split ovsdb/netvirt and then merged netvirt
and vpnservice. The flow Andy used copied all the files into NetVirt
and the history was kept intact. I think I came up with the commands
to use and Andy did the work - but I can't find those emails right
now.

You should also stop the jobs running for the old openflowjava repo
and migrate them to use openflowplugin repo.

>    One obvious solution, we can just keep the OpenFlow Java Library repo
> still active - even if OpenFlow Java Library does not participate in future
> simultaneous releases.
> 2) How do handle the documentation of the 2 projects? Just move the OpenFlow
> Java documentation inside the developer guide under OFP documentation?

Yes, this is what we did - just pulled in the relvant docs to netvirt.

> 3) How do we handle the inactive committers of OpenFlow Java Library? If we
> keep OpenFlow Java Library project active without participating in
> simultaneous release - we likely do not have to address this problem.
>
> If you have thoughts/suggestions/objections - please reply to this email.
>
> Thanks,
> Abhijit
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> openflowjava-dev mailing list
> openflowjava-dev@...light.org
> https://lists.opendaylight.org/mailman/listinfo/openflowjava-dev
>

 

_______________________________________________
openflowplugin-dev mailing list
openflowplugin-dev@...aylight.org
https://lists.opendaylight.org/mailman/listinfo/openflowplugin-dev

 

 

 

 

_______________________________________________
openflowjava-dev mailing list
openflowjava-dev@...light.org
https://lists.opendaylight.org/mailman/listinfo/openflowjava-dev


_______________________________________________
openflowjava-dev mailing list
openflowjava-dev@...light.org
https://lists.opendaylight.org/mailman/listinfo/openflowjava-dev




--
Thanks
Anil


Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] OpenFlow Plugin and OpenFlow Java Library merge status

Anil Vishnoi
 

Yeah, i think it should be fine, until and unless someone directly consuming the openflowjava libraries ( i am not aware of, atleast in upstream).

On Wed, Jul 26, 2017 at 11:31 PM, An Ho <An.Ho@...> wrote:

Abhijit, would it be safe to remove OpenFlowJava Project from Nitrogen Autorelease?

 

Thanh, could you submit a patch to remove openflowjava and hopefully the build completes successfully.

 

Best Regards,

An Ho

 

 

From: tsc-bounces@lists.opendaylight.org [mailto:tsc-bounces@lists.opendaylight.org] On Behalf Of Colin Dixon
Sent: Wednesday, July 26, 2017 6:00 AM
To: Abhijit Kumbhare; OpenDaylight Infrastructure; Release; openflowjava-dev; openflowplugin-dev@lists.opendaylight.org; tsc@...
Subject: Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] [openflowjava-dev] OpenFlow Plugin and OpenFlow Java Library merge status

 

Thanks for the update. It sounds like things are going pretty smoothly. 

 

On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 8:26 PM Abhijit Kumbhare <abhijitkoss@...> wrote:

Hi TSC, Infra, Release, OpenFlow Java Library & OpenFlow Plugin,

 

As you probably know OpenFlow Java Library & OpenFlow Plugin projects had decided to merge in Nitrogen. Specifically the OpenFlow Java Library project codebase has been merged into the OpenFlow Plugin project - and the impacts to downstream projects have been resolved. OpenFlow Java committers also voted to archive the project. A termination proposal [5] has been created with a two week notice.

 

More details on the OpenFlow Plugin and OpenFlow Java Library merge from Tomas Slusny & Michal Rehak:

 

What was done:

---------------------

* Discussion about merging OpenFlowJava to OpenFlowPlugin was initiated here: [0]

* Weather report for merge was created here: [1]

* OpenFlowJava latest HEAD ([2]) was merged to OpenFlowPlugin repository master branch (Nitrogen) in this patches: [3]

* All references to OpenFlowJava in OpenFlowPlugin was replaced with consumed code, 

   odl-openflowjava-all feature was removed, but odl-openflowjava-protocol remained same

* OpenFlowJava project is not going to participate in Nitrogen release as it was consumed by OpenFlowPlugin

* Vote [6] on OpenFlow Java Library mailing list to archive the project - with a two week termination notice

* A termination proposal [5] for OpenFlow Java Library has been created as per archival process [4]

 

 

What needs to be done:

--------------------------------

* OpenFlowJava master (Nitrogen) branch needs to be locked/archived. Tomas will follow up with the infra for this.

* Update OpenFlowJava wiki with informations about the merge

* Create wiki page for OpenFlowPlugin with informations about the merge and about changes in structure to help 

   contributors that was contributing to both OpenFlowPlugin and OpenFlowJava

 

Please let us know if you need more info.

 

- Abhijit

 

[0] https://lists.opendaylight.org/pipermail/openflowplugin-dev/2017-June/007276.html

[1] https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Weather#OpenFlowJava_being_merged_into_OpenFlowPlugin_in_Nitrogen

[2] https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/gitweb?p=openflowjava.git;a=commit;h=76c83901c7a265e0d00c537d34f3f093c636129c

[3] https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/#/q/status:merged+project:openflowplugin+branch:master+topic:bug/8747

[4] https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Archive_Proposals

[5] https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Openflow_Protocol_Library:Termination_Proposal
[6] https://lists.opendaylight.org/pipermail/openflowjava-dev/2017-June/000836.html
 

 

 

 

On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 9:14 AM, Abhijit Kumbhare <abhijitkoss@...> wrote:

I talked with Jozef and Tomas right now - and we think it will be good to discuss this in the Monday OpenFlow Plugin meeting this process (steps provided by Andy, the process followed by Sam/NetVirt when they consumed VPN Service into NetVirt, history, etc.). That way we can ensure it is done right - have all the OpenFlow Plugin committers vote during the meeting if needed. And then initiate OpenFlow Java vote. Hence we will greatly appreciate if Andy (Grimberg) and Sam Hague can join the meeting. The meeting details are here:

 

 

Also pasting below:

 

Weekly on Mondays from 08:30-9:30 am PST/PDT | 11:30-12:30 EST/EDT | 15:30-16:30 UTC during Daylight Time/16:30-17:30 UTC during Standard Time

·         Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/751766361

·         Or iPhone one-tap (US Toll): +14086380968,751766361# or +16465588656,751766361#

·         Or Telephone:

o    Dial: +1 408 638 0968 (US Toll) or +1 646 558 8656 (US Toll)

o    Meeting ID: 751 766 361

o    International numbers available: https://zoom.us/zoomconference?m=RnpzDoDRkdpjWl6TcLb7wYiYV2NYaEUw

·         IRC: Freenode: #opendaylight-openflowplugin

 

 

 

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 11:15 AM, Abhijit Kumbhare <abhijitkoss@...> wrote:

Agree with you Ed about having a vote in OpenFlow Java committer community - and in general the TSC role if we plan to archive. Had planned on that based on how we have decided to proceed (based on Tomas's study of impact). Unfortunately I have been offline for periods of time during the last week or two (on a vacation). Tomorrow (Wednesday) I will be meeting Jozef Bacigal (OpenFlow Java & Plugin committer) and Tomas Slusny (OpenFlow Plugin committer working on this) to understand the latest status on how this has evolved and based on that will figure out the best course of action (after discussing with the other OFP/OFJ committers).

 

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 7:23 AM, Ed Warnicke <hagbard@...> wrote:

Abhijit,

        This strikes me as good news overall.  It might be a good idea to get a vote from the OpenflowJava Committers, particularly as they will need to vote to archive the openflowjava project, and it also makes everything very clear.  As to the TSCs role, it has one for archiving the openflowjava project, and it would have one if there was some dispute with the openflowjava committers (which does not appear to be the case).   All of that said, it is probably courteous to inform the TSC :)

        Thank you for guiding this process :)

 

Ed

 

On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 1:26 PM, Abhijit Kumbhare <abhijitkoss@...> wrote:

Thanks Sam! We may have some questions as we go further into the process.

 

On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 1:00 PM Sam Hague <shague@...> wrote:

On Wed, Jun 7, 2017 at 8:21 PM, Abhijit Kumbhare <abhijitkoss@...> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> We have 2 projects for OpenFlow - OpenFlow Plugin (connection handling,
> state management, apps like the FRM, etc.) & OpenFlow Java Library (library
> for the low level wire protocol implementation). This increases the
> logistics related to the OpenFlow southbound development (done in two
> places) and project reporting overhead. The other southbounds like OVSDB,
> NetConf, etc. do not have two different projects - even if some of them may
> have a similar split internally (plugin & library).
>
> Also more importantly currently most community activity
> (meetings/discussions for the new features) happen in the OpenFlow Plugin
> community even though the implementation needs to be done in OF Plugin and
> OFJ Library. Also going forward OFJ may have only a single active committer
> (Jozef Bacigal).
>
> So some of us feel Nitrogen might be a good time to unify these two
> projects.
>
> The current thought:
>   Move all the code from OpenFlow Java Library to the OpenFlow Plugin.
>
> Advantages:
> 1) This may not need a lot of work.
> 2) All active OpenFlow Java committers are also committers on OpenFlow
> Plugin.
> 3) Since we are not creating a project & if we do not add any new committers
> - this may not even need a TSC approval (but we will work with the TSC when
> we have decided the exact action).
>
> Challenges / open questions:
> 1) How do we retain history for the OpenFlow Java code for code done before
> the code movement? The IT experts may have some ideas on this - Thanh, Anil
> B, Andrew? Also is there a way to subsume a project into another project or
> merge the repos?

We kept history when we split ovsdb/netvirt and then merged netvirt
and vpnservice. The flow Andy used copied all the files into NetVirt
and the history was kept intact. I think I came up with the commands
to use and Andy did the work - but I can't find those emails right
now.

You should also stop the jobs running for the old openflowjava repo
and migrate them to use openflowplugin repo.

>    One obvious solution, we can just keep the OpenFlow Java Library repo
> still active - even if OpenFlow Java Library does not participate in future
> simultaneous releases.
> 2) How do handle the documentation of the 2 projects? Just move the OpenFlow
> Java documentation inside the developer guide under OFP documentation?

Yes, this is what we did - just pulled in the relvant docs to netvirt.

> 3) How do we handle the inactive committers of OpenFlow Java Library? If we
> keep OpenFlow Java Library project active without participating in
> simultaneous release - we likely do not have to address this problem.
>
> If you have thoughts/suggestions/objections - please reply to this email.
>
> Thanks,
> Abhijit
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> openflowjava-dev mailing list
> openflowjava-dev@lists.opendaylight.org
> https://lists.opendaylight.org/mailman/listinfo/openflowjava-dev
>

 

_______________________________________________
openflowplugin-dev mailing list
openflowplugin-dev@lists.opendaylight.org
https://lists.opendaylight.org/mailman/listinfo/openflowplugin-dev

 

 

 

 

_______________________________________________
openflowjava-dev mailing list
openflowjava-dev@lists.opendaylight.org
https://lists.opendaylight.org/mailman/listinfo/openflowjava-dev


_______________________________________________
openflowjava-dev mailing list
openflowjava-dev@lists.opendaylight.org
https://lists.opendaylight.org/mailman/listinfo/openflowjava-dev




--
Thanks
Anil


Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] OpenFlow Plugin and OpenFlow Java Library merge status

an.ho@huawei.com
 

Abhijit, would it be safe to remove OpenFlowJava Project from Nitrogen Autorelease?

 

Thanh, could you submit a patch to remove openflowjava and hopefully the build completes successfully.

 

Best Regards,

An Ho

 

 

From: tsc-bounces@... [mailto:tsc-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Colin Dixon
Sent: Wednesday, July 26, 2017 6:00 AM
To: Abhijit Kumbhare; OpenDaylight Infrastructure; Release; openflowjava-dev; openflowplugin-dev@...; tsc@...
Subject: Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] [openflowjava-dev] OpenFlow Plugin and OpenFlow Java Library merge status

 

Thanks for the update. It sounds like things are going pretty smoothly. 

 

On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 8:26 PM Abhijit Kumbhare <abhijitkoss@...> wrote:

Hi TSC, Infra, Release, OpenFlow Java Library & OpenFlow Plugin,

 

As you probably know OpenFlow Java Library & OpenFlow Plugin projects had decided to merge in Nitrogen. Specifically the OpenFlow Java Library project codebase has been merged into the OpenFlow Plugin project - and the impacts to downstream projects have been resolved. OpenFlow Java committers also voted to archive the project. A termination proposal [5] has been created with a two week notice.

 

More details on the OpenFlow Plugin and OpenFlow Java Library merge from Tomas Slusny & Michal Rehak:

 

What was done:

---------------------

* Discussion about merging OpenFlowJava to OpenFlowPlugin was initiated here: [0]

* Weather report for merge was created here: [1]

* OpenFlowJava latest HEAD ([2]) was merged to OpenFlowPlugin repository master branch (Nitrogen) in this patches: [3]

* All references to OpenFlowJava in OpenFlowPlugin was replaced with consumed code, 

   odl-openflowjava-all feature was removed, but odl-openflowjava-protocol remained same

* OpenFlowJava project is not going to participate in Nitrogen release as it was consumed by OpenFlowPlugin

* Vote [6] on OpenFlow Java Library mailing list to archive the project - with a two week termination notice

* A termination proposal [5] for OpenFlow Java Library has been created as per archival process [4]

 

 

What needs to be done:

--------------------------------

* OpenFlowJava master (Nitrogen) branch needs to be locked/archived. Tomas will follow up with the infra for this.

* Update OpenFlowJava wiki with informations about the merge

* Create wiki page for OpenFlowPlugin with informations about the merge and about changes in structure to help 

   contributors that was contributing to both OpenFlowPlugin and OpenFlowJava

 

Please let us know if you need more info.

 

- Abhijit

 

[0] https://lists.opendaylight.org/pipermail/openflowplugin-dev/2017-June/007276.html

[1] https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Weather#OpenFlowJava_being_merged_into_OpenFlowPlugin_in_Nitrogen

[2] https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/gitweb?p=openflowjava.git;a=commit;h=76c83901c7a265e0d00c537d34f3f093c636129c

[3] https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/#/q/status:merged+project:openflowplugin+branch:master+topic:bug/8747

[4] https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Archive_Proposals

[5] https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Openflow_Protocol_Library:Termination_Proposal
[6] https://lists.opendaylight.org/pipermail/openflowjava-dev/2017-June/000836.html
 

 

 

 

On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 9:14 AM, Abhijit Kumbhare <abhijitkoss@...> wrote:

I talked with Jozef and Tomas right now - and we think it will be good to discuss this in the Monday OpenFlow Plugin meeting this process (steps provided by Andy, the process followed by Sam/NetVirt when they consumed VPN Service into NetVirt, history, etc.). That way we can ensure it is done right - have all the OpenFlow Plugin committers vote during the meeting if needed. And then initiate OpenFlow Java vote. Hence we will greatly appreciate if Andy (Grimberg) and Sam Hague can join the meeting. The meeting details are here:

 

 

Also pasting below:

 

Weekly on Mondays from 08:30-9:30 am PST/PDT | 11:30-12:30 EST/EDT | 15:30-16:30 UTC during Daylight Time/16:30-17:30 UTC during Standard Time

·         Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/751766361

·         Or iPhone one-tap (US Toll): +14086380968,751766361# or +16465588656,751766361#

·         Or Telephone:

o    Dial: +1 408 638 0968 (US Toll) or +1 646 558 8656 (US Toll)

o    Meeting ID: 751 766 361

o    International numbers available: https://zoom.us/zoomconference?m=RnpzDoDRkdpjWl6TcLb7wYiYV2NYaEUw

·         IRC: Freenode: #opendaylight-openflowplugin

 

 

 

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 11:15 AM, Abhijit Kumbhare <abhijitkoss@...> wrote:

Agree with you Ed about having a vote in OpenFlow Java committer community - and in general the TSC role if we plan to archive. Had planned on that based on how we have decided to proceed (based on Tomas's study of impact). Unfortunately I have been offline for periods of time during the last week or two (on a vacation). Tomorrow (Wednesday) I will be meeting Jozef Bacigal (OpenFlow Java & Plugin committer) and Tomas Slusny (OpenFlow Plugin committer working on this) to understand the latest status on how this has evolved and based on that will figure out the best course of action (after discussing with the other OFP/OFJ committers).

 

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 7:23 AM, Ed Warnicke <hagbard@...> wrote:

Abhijit,

        This strikes me as good news overall.  It might be a good idea to get a vote from the OpenflowJava Committers, particularly as they will need to vote to archive the openflowjava project, and it also makes everything very clear.  As to the TSCs role, it has one for archiving the openflowjava project, and it would have one if there was some dispute with the openflowjava committers (which does not appear to be the case).   All of that said, it is probably courteous to inform the TSC :)

        Thank you for guiding this process :)

 

Ed

 

On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 1:26 PM, Abhijit Kumbhare <abhijitkoss@...> wrote:

Thanks Sam! We may have some questions as we go further into the process.

 

On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 1:00 PM Sam Hague <shague@...> wrote:

On Wed, Jun 7, 2017 at 8:21 PM, Abhijit Kumbhare <abhijitkoss@...> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> We have 2 projects for OpenFlow - OpenFlow Plugin (connection handling,
> state management, apps like the FRM, etc.) & OpenFlow Java Library (library
> for the low level wire protocol implementation). This increases the
> logistics related to the OpenFlow southbound development (done in two
> places) and project reporting overhead. The other southbounds like OVSDB,
> NetConf, etc. do not have two different projects - even if some of them may
> have a similar split internally (plugin & library).
>
> Also more importantly currently most community activity
> (meetings/discussions for the new features) happen in the OpenFlow Plugin
> community even though the implementation needs to be done in OF Plugin and
> OFJ Library. Also going forward OFJ may have only a single active committer
> (Jozef Bacigal).
>
> So some of us feel Nitrogen might be a good time to unify these two
> projects.
>
> The current thought:
>   Move all the code from OpenFlow Java Library to the OpenFlow Plugin.
>
> Advantages:
> 1) This may not need a lot of work.
> 2) All active OpenFlow Java committers are also committers on OpenFlow
> Plugin.
> 3) Since we are not creating a project & if we do not add any new committers
> - this may not even need a TSC approval (but we will work with the TSC when
> we have decided the exact action).
>
> Challenges / open questions:
> 1) How do we retain history for the OpenFlow Java code for code done before
> the code movement? The IT experts may have some ideas on this - Thanh, Anil
> B, Andrew? Also is there a way to subsume a project into another project or
> merge the repos?

We kept history when we split ovsdb/netvirt and then merged netvirt
and vpnservice. The flow Andy used copied all the files into NetVirt
and the history was kept intact. I think I came up with the commands
to use and Andy did the work - but I can't find those emails right
now.

You should also stop the jobs running for the old openflowjava repo
and migrate them to use openflowplugin repo.

>    One obvious solution, we can just keep the OpenFlow Java Library repo
> still active - even if OpenFlow Java Library does not participate in future
> simultaneous releases.
> 2) How do handle the documentation of the 2 projects? Just move the OpenFlow
> Java documentation inside the developer guide under OFP documentation?

Yes, this is what we did - just pulled in the relvant docs to netvirt.

> 3) How do we handle the inactive committers of OpenFlow Java Library? If we
> keep OpenFlow Java Library project active without participating in
> simultaneous release - we likely do not have to address this problem.
>
> If you have thoughts/suggestions/objections - please reply to this email.
>
> Thanks,
> Abhijit
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> openflowjava-dev mailing list
> openflowjava-dev@...
> https://lists.opendaylight.org/mailman/listinfo/openflowjava-dev
>

 

_______________________________________________
openflowplugin-dev mailing list
openflowplugin-dev@...
https://lists.opendaylight.org/mailman/listinfo/openflowplugin-dev

 

 

 

 

_______________________________________________
openflowjava-dev mailing list
openflowjava-dev@...
https://lists.opendaylight.org/mailman/listinfo/openflowjava-dev


Re: OpenFlow Plugin and OpenFlow Java Library merge status

Colin Dixon
 

Thanks for the update. It sounds like things are going pretty smoothly. 


On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 8:26 PM Abhijit Kumbhare <abhijitkoss@...> wrote:

Hi TSC, Infra, Release, OpenFlow Java Library & OpenFlow Plugin,


As you probably know OpenFlow Java Library & OpenFlow Plugin projects had decided to merge in Nitrogen. Specifically the OpenFlow Java Library project codebase has been merged into the OpenFlow Plugin project - and the impacts to downstream projects have been resolved. OpenFlow Java committers also voted to archive the project. A termination proposal [5] has been created with a two week notice.


More details on the OpenFlow Plugin and OpenFlow Java Library merge from Tomas Slusny & Michal Rehak:


What was done:

---------------------

* Discussion about merging OpenFlowJava to OpenFlowPlugin was initiated here: [0]

* Weather report for merge was created here: [1]

* OpenFlowJava latest HEAD ([2]) was merged to OpenFlowPlugin repository master branch (Nitrogen) in this patches: [3]

* All references to OpenFlowJava in OpenFlowPlugin was replaced with consumed code, 

   odl-openflowjava-all feature was removed, but odl-openflowjava-protocol remained same

* OpenFlowJava project is not going to participate in Nitrogen release as it was consumed by OpenFlowPlugin

* Vote [6] on OpenFlow Java Library mailing list to archive the project - with a two week termination notice

* A termination proposal [5] for OpenFlow Java Library has been created as per archival process [4]


 

What needs to be done:

--------------------------------

* OpenFlowJava master (Nitrogen) branch needs to be locked/archived. Tomas will follow up with the infra for this.

* Update OpenFlowJava wiki with informations about the merge

* Create wiki page for OpenFlowPlugin with informations about the merge and about changes in structure to help 

   contributors that was contributing to both OpenFlowPlugin and OpenFlowJava

 

Please let us know if you need more info.


- Abhijit

 

[0] https://lists.opendaylight.org/pipermail/openflowplugin-dev/2017-June/007276.html

[1] https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Weather#OpenFlowJava_being_merged_into_OpenFlowPlugin_in_Nitrogen

[2] https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/gitweb?p=openflowjava.git;a=commit;h=76c83901c7a265e0d00c537d34f3f093c636129c

[3] https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/#/q/status:merged+project:openflowplugin+branch:master+topic:bug/8747

[4] https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Archive_Proposals

[5] https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Openflow_Protocol_Library:Termination_Proposal
[6] https://lists.opendaylight.org/pipermail/openflowjava-dev/2017-June/000836.html
 




On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 9:14 AM, Abhijit Kumbhare <abhijitkoss@...> wrote:
I talked with Jozef and Tomas right now - and we think it will be good to discuss this in the Monday OpenFlow Plugin meeting this process (steps provided by Andy, the process followed by Sam/NetVirt when they consumed VPN Service into NetVirt, history, etc.). That way we can ensure it is done right - have all the OpenFlow Plugin committers vote during the meeting if needed. And then initiate OpenFlow Java vote. Hence we will greatly appreciate if Andy (Grimberg) and Sam Hague can join the meeting. The meeting details are here:


Also pasting below:

Weekly on Mondays from 08:30-9:30 am PST/PDT | 11:30-12:30 EST/EDT | 15:30-16:30 UTC during Daylight Time/16:30-17:30 UTC during Standard Time



On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 11:15 AM, Abhijit Kumbhare <abhijitkoss@...> wrote:
Agree with you Ed about having a vote in OpenFlow Java committer community - and in general the TSC role if we plan to archive. Had planned on that based on how we have decided to proceed (based on Tomas's study of impact). Unfortunately I have been offline for periods of time during the last week or two (on a vacation). Tomorrow (Wednesday) I will be meeting Jozef Bacigal (OpenFlow Java & Plugin committer) and Tomas Slusny (OpenFlow Plugin committer working on this) to understand the latest status on how this has evolved and based on that will figure out the best course of action (after discussing with the other OFP/OFJ committers).

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 7:23 AM, Ed Warnicke <hagbard@...> wrote:
Abhijit,
        This strikes me as good news overall.  It might be a good idea to get a vote from the OpenflowJava Committers, particularly as they will need to vote to archive the openflowjava project, and it also makes everything very clear.  As to the TSCs role, it has one for archiving the openflowjava project, and it would have one if there was some dispute with the openflowjava committers (which does not appear to be the case).   All of that said, it is probably courteous to inform the TSC :)
        Thank you for guiding this process :)

Ed

On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 1:26 PM, Abhijit Kumbhare <abhijitkoss@...> wrote:
Thanks Sam! We may have some questions as we go further into the process.

On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 1:00 PM Sam Hague <shague@...> wrote:
On Wed, Jun 7, 2017 at 8:21 PM, Abhijit Kumbhare <abhijitkoss@...> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> We have 2 projects for OpenFlow - OpenFlow Plugin (connection handling,
> state management, apps like the FRM, etc.) & OpenFlow Java Library (library
> for the low level wire protocol implementation). This increases the
> logistics related to the OpenFlow southbound development (done in two
> places) and project reporting overhead. The other southbounds like OVSDB,
> NetConf, etc. do not have two different projects - even if some of them may
> have a similar split internally (plugin & library).
>
> Also more importantly currently most community activity
> (meetings/discussions for the new features) happen in the OpenFlow Plugin
> community even though the implementation needs to be done in OF Plugin and
> OFJ Library. Also going forward OFJ may have only a single active committer
> (Jozef Bacigal).
>
> So some of us feel Nitrogen might be a good time to unify these two
> projects.
>
> The current thought:
>   Move all the code from OpenFlow Java Library to the OpenFlow Plugin.
>
> Advantages:
> 1) This may not need a lot of work.
> 2) All active OpenFlow Java committers are also committers on OpenFlow
> Plugin.
> 3) Since we are not creating a project & if we do not add any new committers
> - this may not even need a TSC approval (but we will work with the TSC when
> we have decided the exact action).
>
> Challenges / open questions:
> 1) How do we retain history for the OpenFlow Java code for code done before
> the code movement? The IT experts may have some ideas on this - Thanh, Anil
> B, Andrew? Also is there a way to subsume a project into another project or
> merge the repos?

We kept history when we split ovsdb/netvirt and then merged netvirt
and vpnservice. The flow Andy used copied all the files into NetVirt
and the history was kept intact. I think I came up with the commands
to use and Andy did the work - but I can't find those emails right
now.

You should also stop the jobs running for the old openflowjava repo
and migrate them to use openflowplugin repo.

>    One obvious solution, we can just keep the OpenFlow Java Library repo
> still active - even if OpenFlow Java Library does not participate in future
> simultaneous releases.
> 2) How do handle the documentation of the 2 projects? Just move the OpenFlow
> Java documentation inside the developer guide under OFP documentation?

Yes, this is what we did - just pulled in the relvant docs to netvirt.

> 3) How do we handle the inactive committers of OpenFlow Java Library? If we
> keep OpenFlow Java Library project active without participating in
> simultaneous release - we likely do not have to address this problem.
>
> If you have thoughts/suggestions/objections - please reply to this email.
>
> Thanks,
> Abhijit
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> openflowjava-dev mailing list
> openflowjava-dev@...
> https://lists.opendaylight.org/mailman/listinfo/openflowjava-dev
>

_______________________________________________
openflowplugin-dev mailing list
openflowplugin-dev@...
https://lists.opendaylight.org/mailman/listinfo/openflowplugin-dev





_______________________________________________
openflowjava-dev mailing list
openflowjava-dev@...
https://lists.opendaylight.org/mailman/listinfo/openflowjava-dev


OpenFlow Plugin and OpenFlow Java Library merge status

Abhijit Kumbhare
 

Hi TSC, Infra, Release, OpenFlow Java Library & OpenFlow Plugin,


As you probably know OpenFlow Java Library & OpenFlow Plugin projects had decided to merge in Nitrogen. Specifically the OpenFlow Java Library project codebase has been merged into the OpenFlow Plugin project - and the impacts to downstream projects have been resolved. OpenFlow Java committers also voted to archive the project. A termination proposal [5] has been created with a two week notice.


More details on the OpenFlow Plugin and OpenFlow Java Library merge from Tomas Slusny & Michal Rehak:


What was done:

---------------------

* Discussion about merging OpenFlowJava to OpenFlowPlugin was initiated here: [0]

* Weather report for merge was created here: [1]

* OpenFlowJava latest HEAD ([2]) was merged to OpenFlowPlugin repository master branch (Nitrogen) in this patches: [3]

* All references to OpenFlowJava in OpenFlowPlugin was replaced with consumed code, 

   odl-openflowjava-all feature was removed, but odl-openflowjava-protocol remained same

* OpenFlowJava project is not going to participate in Nitrogen release as it was consumed by OpenFlowPlugin

* Vote [6] on OpenFlow Java Library mailing list to archive the project - with a two week termination notice

* A termination proposal [5] for OpenFlow Java Library has been created as per archival process [4]


 

What needs to be done:

--------------------------------

* OpenFlowJava master (Nitrogen) branch needs to be locked/archived. Tomas will follow up with the infra for this.

* Update OpenFlowJava wiki with informations about the merge

* Create wiki page for OpenFlowPlugin with informations about the merge and about changes in structure to help 

   contributors that was contributing to both OpenFlowPlugin and OpenFlowJava

 

Please let us know if you need more info.


- Abhijit

 

[0] https://lists.opendaylight.org/pipermail/openflowplugin-dev/2017-June/007276.html

[1] https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Weather#OpenFlowJava_being_merged_into_OpenFlowPlugin_in_Nitrogen

[2] https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/gitweb?p=openflowjava.git;a=commit;h=76c83901c7a265e0d00c537d34f3f093c636129c

[3] https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/#/q/status:merged+project:openflowplugin+branch:master+topic:bug/8747

[4] https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Archive_Proposals

[5] https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Openflow_Protocol_Library:Termination_Proposal
[6] https://lists.opendaylight.org/pipermail/openflowjava-dev/2017-June/000836.html
 




On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 9:14 AM, Abhijit Kumbhare <abhijitkoss@...> wrote:
I talked with Jozef and Tomas right now - and we think it will be good to discuss this in the Monday OpenFlow Plugin meeting this process (steps provided by Andy, the process followed by Sam/NetVirt when they consumed VPN Service into NetVirt, history, etc.). That way we can ensure it is done right - have all the OpenFlow Plugin committers vote during the meeting if needed. And then initiate OpenFlow Java vote. Hence we will greatly appreciate if Andy (Grimberg) and Sam Hague can join the meeting. The meeting details are here:


Also pasting below:

Weekly on Mondays from 08:30-9:30 am PST/PDT | 11:30-12:30 EST/EDT | 15:30-16:30 UTC during Daylight Time/16:30-17:30 UTC during Standard Time



On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 11:15 AM, Abhijit Kumbhare <abhijitkoss@...> wrote:
Agree with you Ed about having a vote in OpenFlow Java committer community - and in general the TSC role if we plan to archive. Had planned on that based on how we have decided to proceed (based on Tomas's study of impact). Unfortunately I have been offline for periods of time during the last week or two (on a vacation). Tomorrow (Wednesday) I will be meeting Jozef Bacigal (OpenFlow Java & Plugin committer) and Tomas Slusny (OpenFlow Plugin committer working on this) to understand the latest status on how this has evolved and based on that will figure out the best course of action (after discussing with the other OFP/OFJ committers).

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 7:23 AM, Ed Warnicke <hagbard@...> wrote:
Abhijit,
        This strikes me as good news overall.  It might be a good idea to get a vote from the OpenflowJava Committers, particularly as they will need to vote to archive the openflowjava project, and it also makes everything very clear.  As to the TSCs role, it has one for archiving the openflowjava project, and it would have one if there was some dispute with the openflowjava committers (which does not appear to be the case).   All of that said, it is probably courteous to inform the TSC :)
        Thank you for guiding this process :)

Ed

On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 1:26 PM, Abhijit Kumbhare <abhijitkoss@...> wrote:
Thanks Sam! We may have some questions as we go further into the process.

On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 1:00 PM Sam Hague <shague@...> wrote:
On Wed, Jun 7, 2017 at 8:21 PM, Abhijit Kumbhare <abhijitkoss@...> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> We have 2 projects for OpenFlow - OpenFlow Plugin (connection handling,
> state management, apps like the FRM, etc.) & OpenFlow Java Library (library
> for the low level wire protocol implementation). This increases the
> logistics related to the OpenFlow southbound development (done in two
> places) and project reporting overhead. The other southbounds like OVSDB,
> NetConf, etc. do not have two different projects - even if some of them may
> have a similar split internally (plugin & library).
>
> Also more importantly currently most community activity
> (meetings/discussions for the new features) happen in the OpenFlow Plugin
> community even though the implementation needs to be done in OF Plugin and
> OFJ Library. Also going forward OFJ may have only a single active committer
> (Jozef Bacigal).
>
> So some of us feel Nitrogen might be a good time to unify these two
> projects.
>
> The current thought:
>   Move all the code from OpenFlow Java Library to the OpenFlow Plugin.
>
> Advantages:
> 1) This may not need a lot of work.
> 2) All active OpenFlow Java committers are also committers on OpenFlow
> Plugin.
> 3) Since we are not creating a project & if we do not add any new committers
> - this may not even need a TSC approval (but we will work with the TSC when
> we have decided the exact action).
>
> Challenges / open questions:
> 1) How do we retain history for the OpenFlow Java code for code done before
> the code movement? The IT experts may have some ideas on this - Thanh, Anil
> B, Andrew? Also is there a way to subsume a project into another project or
> merge the repos?

We kept history when we split ovsdb/netvirt and then merged netvirt
and vpnservice. The flow Andy used copied all the files into NetVirt
and the history was kept intact. I think I came up with the commands
to use and Andy did the work - but I can't find those emails right
now.

You should also stop the jobs running for the old openflowjava repo
and migrate them to use openflowplugin repo.

>    One obvious solution, we can just keep the OpenFlow Java Library repo
> still active - even if OpenFlow Java Library does not participate in future
> simultaneous releases.
> 2) How do handle the documentation of the 2 projects? Just move the OpenFlow
> Java documentation inside the developer guide under OFP documentation?

Yes, this is what we did - just pulled in the relvant docs to netvirt.

> 3) How do we handle the inactive committers of OpenFlow Java Library? If we
> keep OpenFlow Java Library project active without participating in
> simultaneous release - we likely do not have to address this problem.
>
> If you have thoughts/suggestions/objections - please reply to this email.
>
> Thanks,
> Abhijit
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> openflowjava-dev mailing list
> openflowjava-dev@...light.org
> https://lists.opendaylight.org/mailman/listinfo/openflowjava-dev
>

_______________________________________________
openflowplugin-dev mailing list
openflowplugin-dev@...aylight.org
https://lists.opendaylight.org/mailman/listinfo/openflowplugin-dev






Re: What is the syntax for experimenter extension match-field and action in JSON file

Michal Rehak -X (mirehak - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES@Cisco) <mirehak@...>
 

Added openflowplugin-dev.


Regards,

Michal



From: openflowjava-dev-bounces@... <openflowjava-dev-bounces@...> on behalf of junming <junming_gao@...>
Sent: Friday, July 7, 2017 17:12
To: openflowjava-dev@...
Subject: [openflowjava-dev] What is the syntax for experimenter extension match-field and action in JSON file
 
Hi,

I am trying to add some experimenter extension match-fields and actions for openflow protocol. The test method I use is to write JSON file for table addition with curl command for ODL. But I am not sure the syntax for experimenter extension in JSON file. 

For example, I have the following standard match fields. And I want to an experimenter match-field named  traffic-class. How should I write it in this JSON file? 
"match": {
      "ethernet-match": {
        "ethernet-type": { "type": "2048" },
        "ethernet-destination": { "address": "00:01:02:03:04:05" },
        "ethernet-source": { "address": "00:00:00:00:00:00" }
      },
      "vlan-match": {
        "vlan-id": {
          "vlan-id": "10",
          "vlan-id-present": "true"
        }
      }

BR,
Junming


 


What is the syntax for experimenter extension match-field and action in JSON file

junming
 

Hi,

I am trying to add some experimenter extension match-fields and actions for openflow protocol. The test method I use is to write JSON file for table addition with curl command for ODL. But I am not sure the syntax for experimenter extension in JSON file. 

For example, I have the following standard match fields. And I want to an experimenter match-field named  traffic-class. How should I write it in this JSON file? 
"match": {
      "ethernet-match": {
        "ethernet-type": { "type": "2048" },
        "ethernet-destination": { "address": "00:01:02:03:04:05" },
        "ethernet-source": { "address": "00:00:00:00:00:00" }
      },
      "vlan-match": {
        "vlan-id": {
          "vlan-id": "10",
          "vlan-id-present": "true"
        }
      }

BR,
Junming


 


Re: [OpenDaylight TSC] termination proposal - openflowjava

Colin Dixon
 

Thank you for sending this. I'll add it to the agenda for two weeks from today. As an aside, I suspect that openflowjava will have the same problem as tcpmd5 did where the project can't be formally archived until we EoL Carbon which will happen sometime after Oxygen is released. We will need to be able to merge patches into the stable/carbon branch until then.

--Colin


On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 10:36 AM, Michal Rehak -X (mirehak - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES at Cisco) <mirehak@...> wrote:

Hi all,

here is the termination proposal wiki for openflowjava project [1].


Regards,

Michal



[1] https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Openflow_Protocol_Library:Termination_Proposal


_______________________________________________
TSC mailing list
TSC@...
https://lists.opendaylight.org/mailman/listinfo/tsc



termination proposal - openflowjava

Michal Rehak -X (mirehak - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES@Cisco) <mirehak@...>
 

Hi all,

here is the termination proposal wiki for openflowjava project [1].


Regards,

Michal



[1] https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/Openflow_Protocol_Library:Termination_Proposal


Re: [openflowplugin-dev] [release] WEATHER - OpenFlowJava being merged into OpenFlowPlugin in Nitrogen

Sam Hague
 

In NetVirt when we pulled in VPN service we did what Robert mentioned. Andy copied the whole vpnservice branch into NetVirt and kept all the history. There were a specific order of commands to use to get it right. From there we adjusted the artifact ids.

On Jun 27, 2017 1:44 PM, "Tomáš Slušný" <tomas.slusny@...> wrote:

Hi Michal,


these conflicts can be resolved by using git subtree instead of git merge, as subtree can "merge" repository/branch into subdirectory. I prepared this OpenFlowJava merge in 3 patches, first one is just adding OpenFlowJava to subdirectory "openflowjava", second one is actually to integrate new OpenFlowJava code into OpenFlowPlugin build (as, being in subdirectory, cut from rest of project, distribution checks will pass because OpenFlowJava will not be built). And third one is cleanup. First patch can be easily abandoned and replaced with solution what Robert suggested, and that is merging (or in this case, using git subtree) instead of plain copy of OpenFlowJava code, then second one can be rebased on master after first step will be done and pushed into repository (with some small changes, and that are removing .gitignore and .gitreview from openflowjava subdirectory, as I copied code without these 2 files in original first patch).


Also, during testing this migration, I noticed that distribution checks do not allow to have "org.opendaylight.openflowjava.*" and "org.opendaylight.openflowplugin.*" in same project, so I changed "org.opendaylight.openflowjava" groupId to "org.opendaylight.openflowplugin.openflowjava", so with this thing in mind, I think it is also natural to switch to OpenFlowPlugin versioning from OpenFlowJava versioning.


Regards,

Tomas



Od: Michal Rehak -X (mirehak - PANTHEON TECHNOLOGIES at Cisco) <mirehak@...>
Odoslané: utorok, 27. júna 2017 16:11
Komu: Robert Varga; Tomáš Slušný; release@...
Kópia: openflowjava-dev@lists.opendaylight.org; tsc@...; Michal Rehák; openflowplugin-dev
Predmet: Re: [openflowplugin-dev] [release] WEATHER - OpenFlowJava being merged into OpenFlowPlugin in Nitrogen
 
Hi all,
merging ofjava with ofplugin yields some conflicts:

  Conflicts:
        .gitignore
        .gitreview
        artifacts/pom.xml
        parent/pom.xml
        pom.xml

.git* and aggregate/pom are trivial to solve.

Inspecting artifacts/pom and parent/pom I came to conclusion that decision regarding ofjava version is required as first step (to keep or to overwrite with ofplugin version). Base on that the rest can be resolved easily.

I tried to create draft of the whole merge but gerrit rejected it because of many missing change-ids and one missing sign-off. So gerrit + merge way is probably too inconvenient.


Regards,
Michal

_____________________________________
From: openflowplugin-dev-bounces@lists.opendaylight.org <openflowplugin-dev-bounces@lists.opendaylight.org> on behalf of Robert Varga <nite@...>
Sent: Tuesday, June 27, 2017 13:14
To: Tomáš Slušný; release@...
Cc: openflowjava-dev@lists.opendaylight.org; tsc@...; Michal Rehák; openflowplugin-dev
Subject: Re: [openflowplugin-dev] [release] WEATHER - OpenFlowJava being merged into OpenFlowPlugin in Nitrogen

On 27/06/17 12:52, Tomáš Slušný wrote:
> Hello Robert,
>
>
> I can import OpenFlowJava using `git subtree` to not lose history (and I
> actually have it already prepared in my local repository, because that
> was first thing I tried), but then it would create Gerrit patch for each
> OpenFlowJava commit if I am not wrong. Or is there another method of
> doing this merge?

What we have done in the past was to ask Linux Foundation admins to
populate the repository, side-stepping gerrit. We have done this for
mdsal and netconf at least.

I am not sure if the same effect is doable with gerrit.

Regards,
Robert

 
Tomáš Slušný
Software Developer
 
PANTHEON technologies s.r.o.
Janka Kráľa 9, 974 01 Banská Bystrica
Slovakia
Tel / +421 220 665 111
 
MAIL / tomas.slusny@...
 
 

_______________________________________________
openflowjava-dev mailing list
openflowjava-dev@lists.opendaylight.org
https://lists.opendaylight.org/mailman/listinfo/openflowjava-dev

1 - 20 of 861