After this fix (https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/#/c/5706/) ModelDrivenSwitchImpl#updatePort works without exceptions and seems to be blocking the required port. Please look it over.

Thanks,
-Moiz

On Mar 20, 2014, at 5:38 PM, Moiz Raja <moraja@...> wrote:

Hi All,

I want to be able to block a port using the open flow plugin. I saw that ModelDrivenSwitch already implements SalPortService but it was not registered to handle the Rpc for it. I have fixed this in commit https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/#/c/5704/. There was also a bug which I found while I was trying to get this working which I fixed in https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/#/c/5705/.

Here is how I use the updatePort API to disable the port.

public class PortUtils {
    public static UpdatePortInput buildBlockPortInput(NodeConnector nodeConnector){

        UpdatePortInputBuilder inputBuilder = new UpdatePortInputBuilder();
        UpdatedPortBuilder updatedPortBuilder = new UpdatedPortBuilder();
        PortBuilder portBuilder = new PortBuilder();
        org.opendaylight.yang.gen.v1.urn.opendaylight.flow.types.port.rev130925.port.mod.PortBuilder aPortBuilder = new
                org.opendaylight.yang.gen.v1.urn.opendaylight.flow.types.port.rev130925.port.mod.PortBuilder();

        final FlowCapableNodeConnector flowCapableNodeConnector = nodeConnector.getAugmentation(FlowCapableNodeConnector.class);

        portBuilder.setConfiguration(new PortConfig(true, true, true, true));
        portBuilder.setPortNumber(flowCapableNodeConnector.getPortNumber());
        portBuilder.setAdvertisedFeatures(flowCapableNodeConnector.getPeerFeatures());
        portBuilder.setHardwareAddress(flowCapableNodeConnector.getHardwareAddress());
        portBuilder.setMask(new PortConfig(true, true, true, true));

        Port port = portBuilder.build();

        inputBuilder.setNode(new NodeRef(InstanceIdentifierUtils.createNodePath(new NodeId("openflow:1"))));

        List<Port> list = new ArrayList<>();
        list.add(port);
        aPortBuilder.setPort(list);

        updatedPortBuilder.setPort(aPortBuilder.build());

        inputBuilder.setUpdatedPort(updatedPortBuilder.build());

        return inputBuilder.build();
    }
}

final InstanceIdentifier<org.opendaylight.yang.gen.v1.urn.opendaylight.inventory.rev130819.node.NodeConnector> nodeConnectorId = InstanceIdentifier.builder(Nodes.class) //
                .child(Node.class, new NodeKey(new NodeId("openflow:1"))) //
                .child(org.opendaylight.yang.gen.v1.urn.opendaylight.inventory.rev130819.node.NodeConnector.class, new NodeConnectorKey(new NodeConnectorId("openflow:1:1")))
                .build();

org.opendaylight.yang.gen.v1.urn.opendaylight.inventory.rev130819.node.NodeConnector nodeConnector = (org.opendaylight.yang.gen.v1.urn.opendaylight.inventory.rev130819.node.NodeConnector) dataBrokerService.readOperationalData(nodeConnectorId);
final UpdatePortInput updatePortInput = PortUtils.buildBlockPortInput(nodeConnector);
this.salPortService.updatePort(updatePortInput);

Now the updatePort API is going through and reaching the openflowplugin which calls into the openflowjava code and I get the following exception,

java.lang.NullPointerException: null
at org.opendaylight.openflowjava.protocol.impl.util.ByteBufUtils.writeOFHeader(ByteBufUtils.java:115) ~[bundlefile:na]
at org.opendaylight.openflowjava.protocol.impl.serialization.factories.OF10PortModInputMessageFactory.messageToBuffer(OF10PortModInputMessageFactory.java:50) ~[bundlefile:na]
at org.opendaylight.openflowjava.protocol.impl.serialization.factories.OF10PortModInputMessageFactory.messageToBuffer(OF10PortModInputMessageFactory.java:26) ~[bundlefile:na]
at org.opendaylight.openflowjava.protocol.impl.serialization.SerializationFactory.messageToBuffer(SerializationFactory.java:36) ~[bundlefile:na]
at org.opendaylight.openflowjava.protocol.impl.core.OFEncoder.encode(OFEncoder.java:39) [bundlefile:na]
at org.opendaylight.openflowjava.protocol.impl.core.OFEncoder.encode(OFEncoder.java:25) [bundlefile:na]
at io.netty.handler.codec.MessageToByteEncoder.write(MessageToByteEncoder.java:111) [bundlefile:na]
at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.invokeWrite(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:644) [bundlefile:na]
at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext.access$2000(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:28) [bundlefile:na]
at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelHandlerContext$WriteTask.run(DefaultChannelHandlerContext.java:891) [bundlefile:na]
at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor.runAllTasks(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:354) [bundlefile:na]
at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:348) [bundlefile:na]
at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$2.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:101) [bundlefile:na]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744) [na:1.7.0_45]

I will debug this further but if you have any clue as to what may be wrong with what I am doing please let me know.

- Moiz

How to get the number of requests being processed in a controller?

詹益晨 <yicchan90@...>

Hello everyone,
Recently I want to use some information of the controller, but I don't know how to get.
I want to get the number of requests are being processed in a controller, but I cannot find any RESTful API in official website..
If you know how to do it, can you teach me?

Thank you
James

How to get the number of requests being processed in a controller?

詹益晨 <yicchan90@...>

Hello everyone,
Recently I want to use some information of the controller, but I don't know how to get.
I want to get the number of requests are being processed in a controller, but I cannot find any RESTful API in official website..
If you know how to do it, can you teach me?

Thank you
James

Re: How to get the number of requests being processed in a controller?

Michal Polkorab

Hello James,

this looks like a question for controller-dev. Openflowjava is a different project. Openflowjava doesn't count requests and replies. I am not sure if there is such an option in controller, but they (controller-dev) will help you the most.

Best Regards

Michal Polkorab

Recently I want to use some information of the controller, but I don't know how to get.
I want to get the number of requests are being processed in a controller, but I cannot find any RESTful API in official website..
If you know how to do it, can you teach me?

Thank you
James

MichalPolkoráb

Software Developer

Mlynské Nivy 56 / 821 05 Bratislava / Slovakia

+421 918 378 907 / michal.polkorab@...

reception: +421 2 206 65 111 / www.pantheon.sk

logo

How To Listen asynchronous event

SirPilgrims

Hi everybody!

I'd like to listen asynchronous event and notify it to an application.

For example I'd like to listen when an host tries to connect to my network (in which port of which switch) and notify this event to an application. So, the application can decide the behaviour (forward the traffic to a particular port, interrogate the AAA server about the privileges of the host,...)

My controller is on a remote VM, so I need to extend it in some ways, I think.

I'd like to use Eclipse via the OSGi console but I don't know how to do it from a remote PC, if possible.

So,

can you suggest me the best way to do it please?

Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Alessandro.

Re: How To Listen asynchronous event

Michal Rehak -X (mirehak - Pantheon Technologies SRO@Cisco) <mirehak@...>

Hi Alessandro,
currently the openflow plugin and library are able to deliver event upon NodeConnectorUpdated (new device connected to particular port). Although this event is now consumed by LLDP mechanism.

Anyway - there is no info about the device in this message. I guess you need to come up with some protocol or at least handshake which can be used for further decision logic.

Regards,
Michal

I'd like to listen asynchronous event and notify it to an application.

For example I'd like to listen when an host tries to connect to my network (in which port of which switch) and notify this event to an application. So, the application can decide the behaviour (forward the traffic to a particular port, interrogate the AAA server about the privileges of the host,...)

My controller is on a remote VM, so I need to extend it in some ways, I think.

I'd like to use Eclipse via the OSGi console but I don't know how to do it from a remote PC, if possible.

So,

can you suggest me the best way to do it please?

Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Alessandro.

Re: How To Listen asynchronous event

Colin Dixon

You can get this information using the Host Tracker. You shoudl be able to merely implement the interface IfNewHostNotify which is documented here:
https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/controller/job/controller-merge/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/target/apidocs/org/opendaylight/controller/hosttracker/IfNewHostNotify.html

--Colin

On Mon, Apr 14, 2014 at 6:47 AM, Michal Rehak -X (mirehak - Pantheon Technologies SRO at Cisco) <mirehak@...> wrote:

[...]

Compilation failure

Moiz Raja

Hi All,

Just pulled the code and ran mvn clean install and I see the following compilation errors. Looks like some api has changed on the openflowjava side causing this breakage. I’m not sure if a commit to fix this on the openflowplugin is coming soon.

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.1:compile (default-compile) on project openflowplugin: Compilation failure: Compilation failure:
[ERROR] /Users/moizr/code/open_daylight/openflowplugin/openflowplugin/src/main/java/org/opendaylight/openflowplugin/openflow/md/core/MDController.java:[205,33] cannot find symbol
[ERROR] symbol:   method configure(java.util.Collection<org.opendaylight.openflowjava.protocol.api.connection.ConnectionConfiguration>)
[ERROR] location: variable switchConnectionProvider of type org.opendaylight.openflowjava.protocol.spi.connection.SwitchConnectionProvider
[ERROR] /Users/moizr/code/open_daylight/openflowplugin/openflowplugin/src/main/java/org/opendaylight/openflowplugin/openflow/md/core/MDController.java:[206,76] incompatible types
[ERROR] required: java.util.concurrent.Future<java.util.List<java.lang.Boolean>>
[ERROR] found:    com.google.common.util.concurrent.ListenableFuture<java.lang.Boolean>
[ERROR] /Users/moizr/code/open_daylight/openflowplugin/openflowplugin/src/main/java/org/opendaylight/openflowplugin/openflow/md/core/MDController.java:[227,77] incompatible types
[ERROR] required: java.util.concurrent.Future<java.util.List<java.lang.Boolean>>
[ERROR] found:    com.google.common.util.concurrent.ListenableFuture<java.lang.Boolean>
[ERROR] -> [Help 1]

Regards,
-Moiz

Re: Compilation failure

Michal Rehak -X (mirehak - Pantheon Technologies SRO@Cisco) <mirehak@...>

Hi Moiz,
yes, it is waiting for merge.
https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/#/c/5884/

Regards,
Michal

[...]

Openvswitch doesn't connect to odl without org.opendaylight.controller.samples.sample-toaster*

André Martins <aanm@...>

Hi all,
I've downloaded the last version of opendaylight from
https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/integration/job/integration-project-centralized-integration/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/distributions/base/target/distributions-base-0.1.2-SNAPSHOT-osgipackage.zip
I'm developing a bundle to opendaylight that writes and removes flows on nodes. So, I always remove the org.opendaylight.controller.samples.* files from plugins' folder.
Unfortunately I could see that openvswitch doesn't connect to opendaylight if there aren't present the org.opendaylight.controller.samples.sample-toaster* files.
I know that it's really weird but it's what happens but please someone confirm this.
I'm running opendaylight with the -of13 option.
Thanks,
André Martins

Re: [controller-dev] Openvswitch doesn't connect to odl without org.opendaylight.controller.samples.sample-toaster*

Michal Rehak -X (mirehak - Pantheon Technologies SRO@Cisco) <mirehak@...>

Hi Djx,
if you want to disable toaster, you need to remove its configuration:
configuration/initial/03-toaster-sample.xml

Then it wont start, it will be just present on classpath of osgi (eventually now you can safely remove corresponding jars from plugins/).

Regards,
Michal

I've downloaded the last version of opendaylight from
https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/integration/job/integration-project-centralized-integration/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/distributions/base/target/distributions-base-0.1.2-SNAPSHOT-osgipackage.zip
I'm developing a bundle to opendaylight that writes and removes flows on nodes. So, I always remove the org.opendaylight.controller.samples.* files from plugins' folder.
Unfortunately I could see that openvswitch doesn't connect to opendaylight if there aren't present the org.opendaylight.controller.samples.sample-toaster* files.
I know that it's really weird but it's what happens but please someone confirm this.
I'm running opendaylight with the -of13 option.
Thanks,
André Martins

How to get notification of BarrierReply message

Jason Ye (yisye) <yisye@...>

Hi,

Looking into OpenflowProtocolListener interface, it does not provide notification for BarrierReply. What's the reason? Please suggest a way for application to get notified if the BarrierReply arrives.

public interface OpenflowProtocolListener
    extends
    NotificationListener
{
    void onEchoRequestMessage(EchoRequestMessage notification);
    void onErrorMessage(ErrorMessage notification);
    void onExperimenterMessage(ExperimenterMessage notification);
    void onFlowRemovedMessage(FlowRemovedMessage notification);
    void onHelloMessage(HelloMessage notification);
    void onMultipartReplyMessage(MultipartReplyMessage notification);
    void onPacketInMessage(PacketInMessage notification);
    void onPortStatusMessage(PortStatusMessage notification);
}

Thanks for the help,
Jason

Re: questions about difference between rpc and notification?

denghui huang

Hi
   Just copy to openflowjava group too.

Br
--denghui

Hi group

    Recently, i read openflow protocol yang file, there are both existence of rpc and notification definition. some of them are rpcs, such as get-features, the other are notifications, such as packet-in-message, my question is as subject?  According to what kind of criteria, you need to define a rpc, or a notification?

Br
--denghui

Delete of13 flows

André Martins <aanm@...>

Hello all,
I'm using openflow 1.3.
how can I remove a specific flow only with it's cookie id and node id?
If it's not possible how can I remove a specific flow?
Cheers,
André Martins

Re: [controller-dev] Delete of13 flows

Madhusudhan Kandadai <madhusudhan.opendaylight@...>

Hi Andre,

You can use DELETE method through restAPI for removing specific flow id.

For example,

Hope this helps.

Madhusudhan

On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 8:58 PM, André Martins <aanm@...> wrote:
Hello all,
I'm using openflow 1.3.
how can I remove a specific flow only with it's cookie id and node id?
If it's not possible how can I remove a specific flow?
Cheers,
André Martins

Re: [controller-dev] Delete of13 flows

André Martins <aanm@...>

Sorry but that's not what I want.
I want to do it on my bundle via DataBrokerService or something similar. I can see how to add flows this way on the samples inside the Openflowplugin project but I don't see any examples to remove flows the same way.
Cheers,
André Martins

No dia 30/04/2014, às 05:13, Madhusudhan Kandadai <madhusudhan.opendaylight@...> escreveu:

Hi Andre,

You can use DELETE method through restAPI for removing specific flow id.

For example,

Hope this helps.

Madhusudhan

On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 8:58 PM, André Martins <aanm@...> wrote:
Hello all,
I'm using openflow 1.3.
how can I remove a specific flow only with it's cookie id and node id?
If it's not possible how can I remove a specific flow?
Cheers,
André Martins

Re: [OpenDaylight Discuss] opendaylight problem connection problem

dug moon <dugmoon2@...>

Hi,

thanks in advance for any assistance

i am trying to communicate between opendaylight controller (base)  and ofsoftswitch13 but i keep getting the below error ( left window is the controller, right window is the switch (error marked there)
Inline image 1

that's what i a see in the controller side when the error of the extra long handshake occur ( attached the opendaylight log file)

MDT [DeadlockMonitor{TransactionIdentifier{name='ConfigTransaction-39-41'}}] WARN  o.o.c.c.m.i.DeadlockMonitor$DeadlockMonitorRunnable - ModuleIdentifier{factoryName='sal-netconf-connector', instanceName='controller-config'} did not finish after 7740 ms
2014-05-01 04:06:53.531 MDT [pool-3-thread-4] INFO  o.o.c.frm.flow.FlowProvider - Flow Config Provider started.
2014-05-01 04:06:53.551 MDT [pool-3-thread-1] INFO  o.o.c.m.s.m.StatisticsProvider - Statistics Provider started.
2014-05-01 04:06:53.615 MDT [pool-3-thread-4] INFO  o.o.c.frm.group.GroupProvider - Group Config Provider started.
2014-05-01 04:06:53.638 MDT [pool-3-thread-4] INFO  o.o.c.frm.meter.MeterProvider - Meter Config Provider started.
2014-05-01 04:07:12.134 MDT [config-pusher] INFO  o.o.y.g.v.u.o.p.x.n.y.o._.c.p.i.rev140328.SwitchConnectionProviderModule - SwitchConnectionProvider started.
2014-05-01 04:07:12.475 MDT [config-pusher] INFO  o.o.y.g.v.u.o.p.x.n.y.o._.c.p.i.rev140328.
2014-05-01 04:07:12.134 MDT [config-pusher] INFO  o.o.y.g.v.u.o.p.x.n.y.o._.c.p.i.rev140328.SwitchConnectionProviderModule - SwitchConnectionProvider started.
2014-05-01 04:07:12.475 MDT [config-pusher] INFO  o.o.y.g.v.u.o.p.x.n.y.o._.c.p.i.rev140328.SwitchConnectionProviderModule - SwitchConnectionProvider started.
2014-05-01 04:07:12.908 MDT [Thread-23] INFO  o.o.o.protocol.impl.core.TcpHandler - Switch listener started and ready to accept incoming connections on port: 6633
2014-05-01 04:07:12.911 MDT [Thread-24] INFO  o.o.o.protocol.impl.core.TcpHandler - Switch listener started and ready to accept incoming connections on port: 6653
2014-05-01 04:07:12.929 MDT [config-pusher] INFO  o.o.c.n.p.i.o.ConfigPersisterActivator - Configuration Persister initialization completed.
2014-05-01 04:07:15.435 MDT [nioEventLoopGroup-10-1] INFO  o.o.o.p.i.c.PublishingChannelInitializer - Incoming connection from (remote address): /10.1.4.2:44244 --> :6633
2014-05-01 04:07:15.436 MDT [nioEventLoopGroup-10-1] INFO  o.o.o.p.i.c.PublishingChannelInitializer - Incoming connection accepted - building pipeline
2014-05-01 04:07:15.536 MDT [nioEventLoopGroup-10-1] INFO  o.o.o.p.i.c.ConnectionAdapterImpl - Hello received / branch
2014-05-01 04:07:18.564 MDT [pool-25-thread-1] ERROR o.o.o.o.m.core.HandshakeManagerImpl - issuing disconnect during handshake, reason: Timeout waiting for task.
2014-05-01 04:07:18.568 MDT [pool-25-thread-1] WARN  o.o.o.p.i.c.ConnectionAdapterImpl - rpc response discarded: RpcResultKey [xid=4049741925, outputClazz=org.opendaylight.yang.gen.v1.urn.opendaylight.openflow.protocol.rev130731.GetFeaturesOutput]
2014-05-01 04:07:18.570 MDT [nioEventLoopGroup-10-1] WARN  o.o.o.o.m.c.s.SessionManagerOFImpl - context for invalidation not found
2014-05-01 04:07:18.617 MDT [Thread-21] ERROR o.o.o.o.m.c.ErrorHandlerQueueImpl - IN THREAD: pool-25-thread-1; session:null -> Timeout waiting for task.
java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException: Timeout waiting for task.
at com.google.common.util.concurrent.AbstractFuture$Sync.get(AbstractFuture.java:276) ~[na:na]
at com.google.common.util.concurrent.AbstractFuture.get(AbstractFuture.java:96) ~[na:na]
at org.opendaylight.openflowplugin.openflow.md.core.HandshakeManagerImpl.postHandshake(HandshakeManagerImpl.java:306) ~[na:na]
at org.opendaylight.openflowplugin.openflow.md.core.HandshakeManagerImpl.handleStepByStepVersionNegotiation(HandshakeManagerImpl.java:128) ~[na:na]
at org.opendaylight.openflowplugin.openflow.md.core.HandshakeManagerImpl.shake(HandshakeManagerImpl.java:103) ~[na:na]
at org.opendaylight.openflowplugin.openflow.md.core.HandshakeStepWrapper.run(HandshakeStepWrapper.java:47) ~[na:na]
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471) ~[na:1.7.0_51]
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262) ~[na:1.7.0_51]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145) ~[na:1.7.0_51]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615) ~[na:1.7.0_51]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744) [na:1.7.0_51]
2014-05-01 04:07:22.574 MDT [nioEventLoopGroup-10-2] INFO  o.o.o.p.i.c.PublishingChannelInitializer - Incoming connection from (remote address): /10.1.4.2:44246 --> :6633
2014-05-01 04:07:22.575 MDT [nioEventLoopGroup-10-2] INFO  o.o.o.p.i.c.PublishingChannelInitializer - Incoming connection accepted - building pipeline
2014-05-01 04:07:22.577 MDT [nioEventLoopGroup-10-2] INFO  o.o.o.p.i.c.ConnectionAdapterImpl - Hello received / branch
2014-05-01 04:07:25.580 MDT [pool-27-thread-1] ERROR o.o.o.o.m.core.HandshakeManagerImpl - issuing disconnect during handshake, reason: Timeout waiting for task.
2014-05-01 04:07:25.582 MDT [pool-27-thread-1] WARN  o.o.o.p.i.c.ConnectionAdapterImpl - rpc response discarded: RpcResultKey [xid=1940895676, outputClazz=org.opendaylight.yang.gen.v1.urn.opendaylight.openflow.protocol.rev130731.GetFeaturesOutput]
2014-05-01 04:07:25.583 MDT [nioEventLoopGroup-10-2] WARN  o.o.o.o.m.c.s.SessionManagerOFImpl - context for invalidation not found
2014-05-01 04:07:25.588 MDT [Thread-21] ERROR o.o.o.o.m.c.ErrorHandlerQueueImpl - IN THREAD: pool-27-thread-1; session:null -> Timeout waiting for task.

i also saw at when started the controlled this warning :

multipart-request-group-features-case], absolute=true] was not found in context.
2014-05-01 04:05:21.775 MDT [fileinstall-./plugins] WARN  o.o.y.s.b.g.i.LazyGeneratedCodecRegistry - Failed to find YANG SchemaNode for org.opendaylight.yang.gen.v1.urn.opendaylight.openflow.protocol.rev130731.multipart.request.multipart.request.body.MultipartRequestMeterConfigCase, with path SchemaPath [path=[(urn:opendaylight:openflow:protocol?revision=2013-07-31)multipart-request, (urn:opendaylight:openflow:protocol?revision=2013-07-31)multipart-request-body, (urn:opendaylight:openflow:protocol?revision=2013-07-31)multipart-request-meter-config-case], absolute=true] was not found in context.
2014-05-01 04:05:21.778 MDT [pool-3-thread-1] INFO  o.o.y.s.b.g.i.RuntimeGeneratedMappingServiceImpl - Thread blocked waiting for schema for:

On Thu, May 1, 2014 at 12:44 PM, dug moon <dugmoon2@...> wrote:

Hi,

thanks for your assistance

it just keep happening to me
i dont sure why  (i tried few times and still)

what do you do when it happens?

Thanks in advance
Dug

On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 3:09 PM, Michal Rehak -X (mirehak - Pantheon Technologies SRO at Cisco) <mirehak@...> wrote:
Hi Dug,
yes - this happens when device suddenly disconnects. This sometimes occurs at the beginning during handshake - device reconnects without reason.

Regards,
Michal