[controller-dev] Output to port flow action using Helium

Anil Vishnoi

​Hi Yair,

Yes i believe this is the correct format of URI for node connector, assuming that OUTPUT_ENTIRE_PACKET enum is something that is defined in your application code. If it does, then can you please share some more details about how are you running the controller? Are you using karaf distribution? if yes, what all features are you installing ?

On Sun, Jan 11, 2015 at 12:47 PM, Yair Zinger <yair.zinger@...> wrote:

Hi,
We started using Helium SR and we're having trouble with setting flows output to port actions.
In Hydrogen we used OutputAction and setOutputNodeConnector using "openflow:switchId:portId" URI, for example:

OutputAction action = oab .setMaxLength(new Integer(OUTPUT_ENTIRE_PACKET)).setOutputNodeConnector(uri) .build();

What is the correct way to create output action to switch-port using Helium?
Should we use the same URI format (openflow:switchId:portId) ?

Thanks,
Yair Zinger
Software Engineer

ConteXtream Ltd

Yair Zinger <yair.zinger@...>

Hi Anil,
Thank you for answering my question.
The problem was a missing "setOrder" to the OutputAction.

[...]

abhishek jain <ashujain9727@...>

Hi Anil

One more quiry.Is there any method to set flows from Helium Opendaylight Controller through GUI as in Hydrogen.

On Sun, Jan 18, 2015 at 12:31 PM, Yair Zinger <yair.zinger@...> wrote:

[...]

I believe you can use YangUI tool in dlux gui to directly push the flow to the data store and that will eventually get install on switch.

Hopefully following link can help you

Anil

On Sun, Jan 18, 2015 at 8:54 PM, abhishek jain <ashujain9727@...> wrote:
[...]

Thanks.I'll try the above suggestion.

One final question.
Does the opendaylight hyrdogen release supports OF1.3?

On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 1:08 PM, Anil Vishnoi <vishnoianil@...> wrote:
[...]

Yes, it does, but for that you will have to start the controller using ./run.sh -of13 flag. It will enable openflowplugin project that supports openflow 1.3 protocol.

On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 11:31 PM, abhishek jain <ashujain9727@...> wrote:
[...]

The Hydrogen virtualization release supports OF1.3 and hydrogen base does not.
However the issue what I'm facing with hydrogen virtualization using OF1.3 is that it it doesn't install flows automatically onto OVS when two hosts in same subnet ping each other,both hosts in OVS when connected to ODL using OF 1.3.

However with OF1.0 the above functionality is fulfilled.

Please let me know regarding this.

Thanks

Anil Vishnoi

​As per my understanding base edition also supports of13, because openflowplugin project is also part of the base edition. ​Others please correct me if i am wrong.

Ideally virtualization edition should not install flows automatically to switch. It should be done by the virtualization solution ( ovsdb,VTN,OpenDove) enabled by the user.

Hope this helps.
Anil

On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 3:24 AM, abhishek jain <ashujain9727@...> wrote:

Hi Anil

Thanks
The Hydrogen virtualization release supports OF1.3 and hydrogen base does not.
However the issue what I'm facing with hydrogen virtualization using OF1.3 is that it it doesn't install flows automatically onto OVS when two hosts in same subnet ping each other,both hosts in OVS when connected to ODL using OF 1.3.

However with OF1.0 the above functionality is fulfilled.

Please let me know regarding this.

abhishek jain <ashujain9727@...>

Thanks Anil