toggle quoted message
Show quoted text
So Madhu (Brent in Madhu's absence) - about your comment:
===========================================Starting the Virtualization edition using : ./run.sh -Xmx1024m -XX:MaxPermSize=384m -of13 -virt ovsdb
and immediately after connecting OF13 switches, I see a bunch of these Hydrogen trademark tracebacks :
I thought the Stable release should have taken care of these tracebacks ?
Without any proper error message, it is tough to find out what causes these.
I believe it is important to get these resolved in the stable/hydrogen branch.
Are these tracebacks not present in the master? It may be tough to track down the change in the master in the next 2-3 days & get it tested - in time for the next week's release. The questions are is it affecting the functionality? Is it a regression from Hydrogen? Depending on the answers - is this something that can be fixed in a next Hydrogen stable release?
Added all 3 projects - controller, openflow-java and openflow-plugin if they have more insight on the errors.
On Sat, Jul 12, 2014 at 3:30 AM, Madhu Venugopal <mavenugo@...>
Used the following image :
Starting the Virtualization edition using : ./run.sh -Xmx1024m
-XX:MaxPermSize=384m -of13 -virt ovsdb
and immediately after connecting OF13 switches, I see a bunch of
these Hydrogen trademark tracebacks :
I thought the Stable release should have taken care of these
Without any proper error message, it is tough to find out what
I believe it is important to get these resolved in the
But the basic L2 ping in ovsdb + of13 based Openstack - vxlan
overlay setup is working.
Unfortunately, the LLDP issue that we saw in Hydrogen release is
still seen here.
The fix : https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/#/c/7144/
project is supposed to have been ported over to stable/hydrogen
but slipped through the cracks. But, This is NOT a release-blocker.
I will be MIA starting today for 1 week and hence have copied Brent
& ovsdb-dev team to port this bug over to the stable/hydrogen
branch if in case, there is another respin is in the works to
address the above tracebacks issue.
On 7/11/14, 5:21 PM, Ryan Moats wrote:
Because this only went out
today, the deadline dates from #1 and 2 below are changing by
about 30 hours:
1) Folks have until 2330
UTC/1630 PDT 7/12 to respond to this mail with pointers to
merged patches that should be included in the next
Note: we have already started
the RC production process, so if there is no response to this
email, we will use the output of that process...
2) Once the RC is cut, email
will be sent and folks have until 2330 UTC/1630 PDT 7/16 to
test and make an objection if another RC is needed.
3) The 7/17 TOC date doesn't
Ryan Moats (regXboi)
Chris Wright <chrisw@...> wrote
on 07/11/2014 06:24:44 PM:
> From: Chris Wright <chrisw@...>
> To: "Dana Kutenicsova -X (dkutenic -
Pantheon Technologies SRO at
> Cisco)" <dkutenic@...>, David Goldberg
> <David.Goldberg@...>, Luis Gomez
> Ryan Moats/Omaha/IBM@IBMUS, Abhijit Kumbhare
> <abhijitkoss@...>, Chris Wright
> Ratnam (lratnam)" <lratnam@...>,
> <derick.winkworth@...>, "Ed Warnicke
> "gerag@..." <gerag@...>, Hideyuki
> tai@...>, Madhu Venugopal
> Polkoráb <michal.polkorab@...>, "Sarath
> (sarathbg@...)" <sarathbg@...>, "Tony
Tkacik -X (ttkacik -
> Pantheon Technologies SRO at Cisco)"
> Vishnoi <vishnoianil@...>, �x宜玲
> Mainzer <GMainzer@...>
> Cc: release@...,
> Date: 07/11/2014 06:25 PM
> Subject: Hydrogen Stable release
> (Ugh, I just found I never sent this!)
> Hi All,
> In response to Dana's email re: BGPCEP and the
resulting discussing on
> today's TSC meeting, we've agreed to this plan:
> 1) We will cut updated artifacts tomorrow, roughly 24
hours from now,
> July 11th at 18:00 UTC/11am PDT.
> 2) Dana's note identified changes needed in yangtools,
so we expect
> all projects should run their full regression testing
against the new
> artifacts. Please report your results no later than
Tue, July 15th at
> 18:00 UTC/11am PDT.
> If you discover new regressions (notably, those caused
by the recent
> changes to yangtools) we will need to consider the
issues case by case.
> If all projects are passing cleanly then we can
consider this the final
> release candidate and...
> 3) Next week's TSC meeting, July 17th at 17:00UTC/10am
PDT, we will
> decide whether to release those artifacts.