No port stats today

Luis Gomez <ecelgp@...>

Ed Warnicke (eaw) <eaw@...>

Weird… I just built openflowplugin and integration locally from master:

oberon:openflowplugin hagbard$ git log -1 --oneline
aaf29e2 Added a missing nullcheck in stats converter

oberon:integration hagbard$ git log -1 --oneline
76da7a2 BUG-1277 Reflection of OFJava's ByteBufUtils move on OFPlugin

and I see port stats (and flows stats, and table stats etc).

There was a small bug with a lack of a null check that was fixed here:

Is there a way to drill more deeply into whats happening in the integration job?

Ed

On Jul 3, 2014, at 3:38 PM, Luis Gomez <ecelgp@...> wrote:

Hi all,

Just let you know port stats does not work today:

https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/integration/job/integration-master-csit-base-of13/1693/robot/report/log.html

Luis Gomez <ecelgp@...>

It is fixed now and by looking the time I would say this patch did the work:

BR/Luis

On Jul 3, 2014, at 4:30 PM, Ed Warnicke (eaw) <eaw@...> wrote:

Weird… I just built openflowplugin and integration locally from master:

oberon:openflowplugin hagbard$ git log -1 --oneline
aaf29e2 Added a missing nullcheck in stats converter

oberon:integration hagbard$ git log -1 --oneline
76da7a2 BUG-1277 Reflection of OFJava's ByteBufUtils move on OFPlugin

and I see port stats (and flows stats, and table stats etc).

There was a small bug with a lack of a null check that was fixed here:

Is there a way to drill more deeply into whats happening in the integration job?

Ed

On Jul 3, 2014, at 3:38 PM, Luis Gomez <ecelgp@...> wrote:

Hi all,

Just let you know port stats does not work today:

https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/integration/job/integration-master-csit-base-of13/1693/robot/report/log.html

Michal Rehak -X (mirehak - Pantheon Technologies SRO@Cisco) <mirehak@...>

Hi Luis,
actually you might be right. I don't think that content of 8666 did the job as it exposes internal OFPlugin statistics (message counts) through jconsole (JMX). Although I can not exclude this for 100%.

But recently I found out that the easiest and tricky way how to reintroduce a bug is to merge multiple independent changes and let gerrit merge them to master. Here jenkins merge job will always publish artifacts of code before merge. So in git there is everything ok but artifacts in nexus could be broken. And some irrelevant later change (based on fixed master state) would in fact fix stuff in nexus.

Till now I thought that rebasing before merge is waste of time.

Regards,
Michal

[...]

Agree, I think the existing project merge job does not use the latest code available in GIT but the base code was used when patch was pushed. This leads to weird situations where as you say code is OK but artifacts are not. Probably the only way to fix this is rebasing changes just before merging them as you also comment.

BR/Luis