[OpenDaylight Discuss] [controller-dev] [integration-dev] [vtn-dev] [OpenDaylight Discuss] Cross project talk on release plans (vtn/ovsdb/openflow)


Hideyuki Tai <h-tai@...>
 

Hi Michal,

 

I’ve filed a bug regarding the toaster.

https://bugs.opendaylight.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1099

 

This issue blocks the new OF plugin support of VTN Manager.

 

Regards,

Hideyuki Tai

 

 

From: discuss-bounces@... [mailto:discuss-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Hideyuki Tai
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2014 3:19 PM
To: Michal Rehak -X (mirehak - Pantheon Technologies SRO at Cisco); Prasanna Huddar; Abhijit Kumbhare; Ed Warnicke (eaw); <discuss@...>; openflowplugin-dev@...; openflowjava-dev; controller-dev; vtn-dev@...
Subject: Re: [OpenDaylight Discuss] [controller-dev] [integration-dev] [vtn-dev] [OpenDaylight Discuss] [openflowjava-dev] Cross project talk on release plans (vtn/ovsdb/openflow)

 

Hi Michal,

 

Thank you for checking!

 

I’ve not yet filed the bug regarding the toaster startup loading issue.

I’ll file it today.

 

Regards,

Hideyuki Tai

 

From: Michal Rehak -X (mirehak - Pantheon Technologies SRO at Cisco) [mailto:mirehak@...]
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2014 3:09 PM
To: Prasanna Huddar; Tai Hideyuki(
田井 秀幸); Abhijit Kumbhare; Ed Warnicke (eaw); <discuss@...>; openflowplugin-dev@...; openflowjava-dev; controller-dev; vtn-dev@...
Subject: RE: [controller-dev] [integration-dev] [vtn-dev] [OpenDaylight Discuss] [openflowjava-dev] Cross project talk on release plans (vtn/ovsdb/openflow)

 

Hi Hideyuki,
I just checked the integration/distributions/virtualization and it is out of date. There is no distributing of configSubsystem xml file for OFPlugin (we migrated a month ago).

Have you already filed a bug regarding the toaster startup loading issue?

Regards,
Michal


From: controller-dev-bounces@... [controller-dev-bounces@...] on behalf of Prasanna Huddar [prasanna.huddar@...]
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2014 07:47
To: Hideyuki Tai; Abhijit Kumbhare; Ed Warnicke (eaw); <discuss@...>; openflowplugin-dev@...; openflowjava-dev; controller-dev; vtn-dev@...
Subject: Re: [controller-dev] [integration-dev] [vtn-dev] [OpenDaylight Discuss] [openflowjava-dev] Cross project talk on release plans (vtn/ovsdb/openflow)

Hello Hideyuki,

  Please find the details to execute VLAN test case(For OF 1.3) through OSGI CLI

 

Refer to file in “OpenflowpluginTestCommandProvider.java” in openflowplugin.git repo bundle “test_provider”.

In that file we have test case f51 , which will help you test VLAN match field.

 

Here is the guide to use command line.

https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/OpenDaylight_OpenFlow_Plugin:Test_Provider

 

Rgds

Prasanna

 

From: integration-dev-bounces@... [mailto:integration-dev-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Hideyuki Tai
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2014 9:46 AM
To: Abhijit Kumbhare; Ed Warnicke (eaw); <discuss@...>; openflowplugin-dev@...; <ovsdb-dev@...>; openflowjava-dev; integration-dev@...; controller-dev; vtn-dev@...
Subject: Re: [integration-dev] [vtn-dev] [OpenDaylight Discuss] [openflowjava-dev] Cross project talk on release plans (vtn/ovsdb/openflow)

 

Hi all,

 

In today’s meeting, I would like to explain about current status of VTN on the new OF plugin.

I’m going to use the following slides.

 

https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/File:VTN_and_new_OF_plugin_2014_0529.pdf

 

Regards,

Hideyuki Tai

 

From: vtn-dev-bounces@... [mailto:vtn-dev-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Hideyuki Tai
Sent: Monday, May 26, 2014 5:19 PM
To: Abhijit Kumbhare; Ed Warnicke (eaw)
Cc: <discuss@...>; openflowplugin-dev@...; <ovsdb-dev@...>; openflowjava-dev; integration-dev@...; controller-dev; vtn-dev@...
Subject: Re: [vtn-dev] [OpenDaylight Discuss] [openflowjava-dev] Cross project talk on release plans (vtn/ovsdb/openflow)

 

+ vtn-dev ML

 

Hi all,

 

The next Wednesday night/Thursday morning works for me, and I’ll attend the meeting as a committer of VTN project.

 

Regards,

Hideyuki Tai

 

From: discuss-bounces@... [mailto:discuss-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Abhijit Kumbhare
Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2014 6:28 AM
To: Ed Warnicke (eaw)
Cc: <discuss@...>; openflowplugin-dev@...; <ovsdb-dev@...>; openflowjava-dev; integration-dev@...; controller-dev
Subject: Re: [OpenDaylight Discuss] [openflowjava-dev] Cross project talk on release plans (vtn/ovsdb/openflow)

 

Good point Ed. As you mentioned VTN & OVSDB are doing flow programming - we should figure out how to incorporate these into the integration tests.  

 

For OVSDB - we should continue talking over IRC/email/follow-on sessions with Brent. However for VTN it will be good if we have a meeting to discuss this soon. Since we will likely not have the OpenFlow plugin meeting on Monday - a good point to discuss with VTN would be on next Wednesday evening Pacific/Thursday morning (Europe/Asia) OpenFlow plugin meeting. i.e. May 28/29.

 

VTN folks - please let know if next Wednesday night/Thursday morning works.

 

Link for the meeting:

 

 

 

 

On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 10:28 AM, Ed Warnicke (eaw) <eaw@...> wrote:

Guys,
        In an attempt to get some discussion going between projects on release plans, I have been reading through the
release plans for each project and trying to get a sense of where there are things that projects probably should talk about timing wise.

        This is the first of the email from that reading, in the hope of sparking conversation.

        Looking at the openflowplugin release plan:
https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/OpenDaylight_OpenFlow_Plugin:Helium_Release_Plan#Release_Milestones
        and the controller release plan:
https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/OpenDaylight_Controller:Helium_Release_Plan#Release_Milestones
        both are listing a goal of switching over to the openflowplugin as the default openflowplugin at M2 (6/9/14).
        There are adapters so that existing flow programming should continue to work correctly, and
https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/integration/job/integration-csit-base-of13/
        is currently running 116 (and rapidly growing, 14 new tests yesterday) integration tests successfully.
        Since VTN and ovsdb are doing flow programming, I wanted to make sure that VTN, openflowplugin, and openflowjava
were talking so that we can work together towards these.  Things that it occurs to me might be a good idea would include
getting the the vtn and ovsdb integration tests running on the openflowplugin, so that we can shake out any bugs and get them
fixed for the M2 cutover.

        Also, if there are things that ovsdb/vtn (or other flow programming projects) need from openflowplugin/openflowjava, we should
get those called out, figure out who is going to work on them, and get them into the openflowplugin/java release plans.

Ed


_______________________________________________
openflowjava-dev mailing list
openflowjava-dev@...
https://lists.opendaylight.org/mailman/listinfo/openflowjava-dev

 


Abhijit Kumbhare
 

Hi Hideyuki,

Ed is fixing https://bugs.opendaylight.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1099 today. Also can you provide the update regarding the other issue - problem 2: wrong VLAN match field. Have you filed a bug? Please assign it to Kamal.

Thanks,
Abhijit


On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 12:13 AM, Hideyuki Tai <h-tai@...> wrote:

Hi Michal,

 

I’ve filed a bug regarding the toaster.

https://bugs.opendaylight.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1099

 

This issue blocks the new OF plugin support of VTN Manager.

 

Regards,

Hideyuki Tai

 

 

From: discuss-bounces@... [mailto:discuss-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Hideyuki Tai
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2014 3:19 PM
To: Michal Rehak -X (mirehak - Pantheon Technologies SRO at Cisco); Prasanna Huddar; Abhijit Kumbhare; Ed Warnicke (eaw); <discuss@...>; openflowplugin-dev@...; openflowjava-dev; controller-dev; vtn-dev@...
Subject: Re: [OpenDaylight Discuss] [controller-dev] [integration-dev] [vtn-dev] [OpenDaylight Discuss] [openflowjava-dev] Cross project talk on release plans (vtn/ovsdb/openflow)

 

Hi Michal,

 

Thank you for checking!

 

I’ve not yet filed the bug regarding the toaster startup loading issue.

I’ll file it today.

 

Regards,

Hideyuki Tai

 

From: Michal Rehak -X (mirehak - Pantheon Technologies SRO at Cisco) [mailto:mirehak@...]
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2014 3:09 PM
To: Prasanna Huddar; Tai Hideyuki(
田井 秀幸); Abhijit Kumbhare; Ed Warnicke (eaw); <discuss@...>; openflowplugin-dev@...; openflowjava-dev; controller-dev; vtn-dev@...
Subject: RE: [controller-dev] [integration-dev] [vtn-dev] [OpenDaylight Discuss] [openflowjava-dev] Cross project talk on release plans (vtn/ovsdb/openflow)

 

Hi Hideyuki,
I just checked the integration/distributions/virtualization and it is out of date. There is no distributing of configSubsystem xml file for OFPlugin (we migrated a month ago).

Have you already filed a bug regarding the toaster startup loading issue?

Regards,
Michal


From: controller-dev-bounces@... [controller-dev-bounces@...] on behalf of Prasanna Huddar [prasanna.huddar@...]
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2014 07:47
To: Hideyuki Tai; Abhijit Kumbhare; Ed Warnicke (eaw); <discuss@...>; openflowplugin-dev@...; openflowjava-dev; controller-dev; vtn-dev@...
Subject: Re: [controller-dev] [integration-dev] [vtn-dev] [OpenDaylight Discuss] [openflowjava-dev] Cross project talk on release plans (vtn/ovsdb/openflow)

Hello Hideyuki,

  Please find the details to execute VLAN test case(For OF 1.3) through OSGI CLI

 

Refer to file in “OpenflowpluginTestCommandProvider.java” in openflowplugin.git repo bundle “test_provider”.

In that file we have test case f51 , which will help you test VLAN match field.

 

Here is the guide to use command line.

https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/OpenDaylight_OpenFlow_Plugin:Test_Provider

 

Rgds

Prasanna

 

From: integration-dev-bounces@... [mailto:integration-dev-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Hideyuki Tai
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2014 9:46 AM
To: Abhijit Kumbhare; Ed Warnicke (eaw); <discuss@...>; openflowplugin-dev@...; <ovsdb-dev@...>; openflowjava-dev; integration-dev@...; controller-dev; vtn-dev@...
Subject: Re: [integration-dev] [vtn-dev] [OpenDaylight Discuss] [openflowjava-dev] Cross project talk on release plans (vtn/ovsdb/openflow)

 

Hi all,

 

In today’s meeting, I would like to explain about current status of VTN on the new OF plugin.

I’m going to use the following slides.

 

https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/File:VTN_and_new_OF_plugin_2014_0529.pdf

 

Regards,

Hideyuki Tai

 

From: vtn-dev-bounces@... [mailto:vtn-dev-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Hideyuki Tai
Sent: Monday, May 26, 2014 5:19 PM
To: Abhijit Kumbhare; Ed Warnicke (eaw)
Cc: <discuss@...>; openflowplugin-dev@...; <ovsdb-dev@...>; openflowjava-dev; integration-dev@...; controller-dev; vtn-dev@...
Subject: Re: [vtn-dev] [OpenDaylight Discuss] [openflowjava-dev] Cross project talk on release plans (vtn/ovsdb/openflow)

 

+ vtn-dev ML

 

Hi all,

 

The next Wednesday night/Thursday morning works for me, and I’ll attend the meeting as a committer of VTN project.

 

Regards,

Hideyuki Tai

 

From: discuss-bounces@... [mailto:discuss-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Abhijit Kumbhare
Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2014 6:28 AM
To: Ed Warnicke (eaw)
Cc: <discuss@...>; openflowplugin-dev@...; <ovsdb-dev@...>; openflowjava-dev; integration-dev@...; controller-dev
Subject: Re: [OpenDaylight Discuss] [openflowjava-dev] Cross project talk on release plans (vtn/ovsdb/openflow)

 

Good point Ed. As you mentioned VTN & OVSDB are doing flow programming - we should figure out how to incorporate these into the integration tests.  

 

For OVSDB - we should continue talking over IRC/email/follow-on sessions with Brent. However for VTN it will be good if we have a meeting to discuss this soon. Since we will likely not have the OpenFlow plugin meeting on Monday - a good point to discuss with VTN would be on next Wednesday evening Pacific/Thursday morning (Europe/Asia) OpenFlow plugin meeting. i.e. May 28/29.

 

VTN folks - please let know if next Wednesday night/Thursday morning works.

 

Link for the meeting:

 

 

 

 

On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 10:28 AM, Ed Warnicke (eaw) <eaw@...> wrote:

Guys,
        In an attempt to get some discussion going between projects on release plans, I have been reading through the
release plans for each project and trying to get a sense of where there are things that projects probably should talk about timing wise.

        This is the first of the email from that reading, in the hope of sparking conversation.

        Looking at the openflowplugin release plan:
https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/OpenDaylight_OpenFlow_Plugin:Helium_Release_Plan#Release_Milestones
        and the controller release plan:
https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/OpenDaylight_Controller:Helium_Release_Plan#Release_Milestones
        both are listing a goal of switching over to the openflowplugin as the default openflowplugin at M2 (6/9/14).
        There are adapters so that existing flow programming should continue to work correctly, and
https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/integration/job/integration-csit-base-of13/
        is currently running 116 (and rapidly growing, 14 new tests yesterday) integration tests successfully.
        Since VTN and ovsdb are doing flow programming, I wanted to make sure that VTN, openflowplugin, and openflowjava
were talking so that we can work together towards these.  Things that it occurs to me might be a good idea would include
getting the the vtn and ovsdb integration tests running on the openflowplugin, so that we can shake out any bugs and get them
fixed for the M2 cutover.

        Also, if there are things that ovsdb/vtn (or other flow programming projects) need from openflowplugin/openflowjava, we should
get those called out, figure out who is going to work on them, and get them into the openflowplugin/java release plans.

Ed


_______________________________________________
openflowjava-dev mailing list
openflowjava-dev@...
https://lists.opendaylight.org/mailman/listinfo/openflowjava-dev

 



Ed Warnicke (eaw) <eaw@...>
 

Hideyuki,

Could you please file a bug for the second issue you mentioned about vlan match field if it is still a problem
you are seeing?  We would like to get it fixed, but aren't even clear on quite what the issue is :)

Ed

From: Abhijit Kumbhare [abhijitkoss@...]
Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2014 12:18 PM
To: Hideyuki Tai; Kamal Rameshan (kramesha)
Cc: Michal Rehak -X (mirehak - Pantheon Technologies SRO at Cisco); Prasanna Huddar; Ed Warnicke (eaw); <discuss@...>; openflowplugin-dev@...; openflowjava-dev; controller-dev; vtn-dev@...
Subject: Re: [OpenDaylight Discuss] [controller-dev] [integration-dev] [vtn-dev] [OpenDaylight Discuss] [openflowjava-dev] Cross project talk on release plans (vtn/ovsdb/openflow)

Hi Hideyuki,

Ed is fixing https://bugs.opendaylight.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1099 today. Also can you provide the update regarding the other issue - problem 2: wrong VLAN match field. Have you filed a bug? Please assign it to Kamal.

Thanks,
Abhijit


On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 12:13 AM, Hideyuki Tai <h-tai@...> wrote:

Hi Michal,

 

I’ve filed a bug regarding the toaster.

https://bugs.opendaylight.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1099

 

This issue blocks the new OF plugin support of VTN Manager.

 

Regards,

Hideyuki Tai

 

 

From: discuss-bounces@... [mailto:discuss-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Hideyuki Tai
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2014 3:19 PM
To: Michal Rehak -X (mirehak - Pantheon Technologies SRO at Cisco); Prasanna Huddar; Abhijit Kumbhare; Ed Warnicke (eaw); <discuss@...>; openflowplugin-dev@...; openflowjava-dev; controller-dev; vtn-dev@...
Subject: Re: [OpenDaylight Discuss] [controller-dev] [integration-dev] [vtn-dev] [OpenDaylight Discuss] [openflowjava-dev] Cross project talk on release plans (vtn/ovsdb/openflow)

 

Hi Michal,

 

Thank you for checking!

 

I’ve not yet filed the bug regarding the toaster startup loading issue.

I’ll file it today.

 

Regards,

Hideyuki Tai

 

From: Michal Rehak -X (mirehak - Pantheon Technologies SRO at Cisco) [mailto:mirehak@...]
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2014 3:09 PM
To: Prasanna Huddar; Tai Hideyuki(
田井 秀幸); Abhijit Kumbhare; Ed Warnicke (eaw); <discuss@...>; openflowplugin-dev@...; openflowjava-dev; controller-dev; vtn-dev@...
Subject: RE: [controller-dev] [integration-dev] [vtn-dev] [OpenDaylight Discuss] [openflowjava-dev] Cross project talk on release plans (vtn/ovsdb/openflow)

 

Hi Hideyuki,
I just checked the integration/distributions/virtualization and it is out of date. There is no distributing of configSubsystem xml file for OFPlugin (we migrated a month ago).

Have you already filed a bug regarding the toaster startup loading issue?

Regards,
Michal


From: controller-dev-bounces@... [controller-dev-bounces@...] on behalf of Prasanna Huddar [prasanna.huddar@...]
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2014 07:47
To: Hideyuki Tai; Abhijit Kumbhare; Ed Warnicke (eaw); <discuss@...>; openflowplugin-dev@...; openflowjava-dev; controller-dev; vtn-dev@...
Subject: Re: [controller-dev] [integration-dev] [vtn-dev] [OpenDaylight Discuss] [openflowjava-dev] Cross project talk on release plans (vtn/ovsdb/openflow)

Hello Hideyuki,

  Please find the details to execute VLAN test case(For OF 1.3) through OSGI CLI

 

Refer to file in “OpenflowpluginTestCommandProvider.java” in openflowplugin.git repo bundle “test_provider”.

In that file we have test case f51 , which will help you test VLAN match field.

 

Here is the guide to use command line.

https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/OpenDaylight_OpenFlow_Plugin:Test_Provider

 

Rgds

Prasanna

 

From: integration-dev-bounces@... [mailto:integration-dev-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Hideyuki Tai
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2014 9:46 AM
To: Abhijit Kumbhare; Ed Warnicke (eaw); <discuss@...>; openflowplugin-dev@...; <ovsdb-dev@...>; openflowjava-dev; integration-dev@...; controller-dev; vtn-dev@...
Subject: Re: [integration-dev] [vtn-dev] [OpenDaylight Discuss] [openflowjava-dev] Cross project talk on release plans (vtn/ovsdb/openflow)

 

Hi all,

 

In today’s meeting, I would like to explain about current status of VTN on the new OF plugin.

I’m going to use the following slides.

 

https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/File:VTN_and_new_OF_plugin_2014_0529.pdf

 

Regards,

Hideyuki Tai

 

From: vtn-dev-bounces@... [mailto:vtn-dev-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Hideyuki Tai
Sent: Monday, May 26, 2014 5:19 PM
To: Abhijit Kumbhare; Ed Warnicke (eaw)
Cc: <discuss@...>; openflowplugin-dev@...; <ovsdb-dev@...>; openflowjava-dev; integration-dev@...; controller-dev; vtn-dev@...
Subject: Re: [vtn-dev] [OpenDaylight Discuss] [openflowjava-dev] Cross project talk on release plans (vtn/ovsdb/openflow)

 

+ vtn-dev ML

 

Hi all,

 

The next Wednesday night/Thursday morning works for me, and I’ll attend the meeting as a committer of VTN project.

 

Regards,

Hideyuki Tai

 

From: discuss-bounces@... [mailto:discuss-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Abhijit Kumbhare
Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2014 6:28 AM
To: Ed Warnicke (eaw)
Cc: <discuss@...>; openflowplugin-dev@...; <ovsdb-dev@...>; openflowjava-dev; integration-dev@...; controller-dev
Subject: Re: [OpenDaylight Discuss] [openflowjava-dev] Cross project talk on release plans (vtn/ovsdb/openflow)

 

Good point Ed. As you mentioned VTN & OVSDB are doing flow programming - we should figure out how to incorporate these into the integration tests.  

 

For OVSDB - we should continue talking over IRC/email/follow-on sessions with Brent. However for VTN it will be good if we have a meeting to discuss this soon. Since we will likely not have the OpenFlow plugin meeting on Monday - a good point to discuss with VTN would be on next Wednesday evening Pacific/Thursday morning (Europe/Asia) OpenFlow plugin meeting. i.e. May 28/29.

 

VTN folks - please let know if next Wednesday night/Thursday morning works.

 

Link for the meeting:

 

 

 

 

On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 10:28 AM, Ed Warnicke (eaw) <eaw@...> wrote:

Guys,
        In an attempt to get some discussion going between projects on release plans, I have been reading through the
release plans for each project and trying to get a sense of where there are things that projects probably should talk about timing wise.

        This is the first of the email from that reading, in the hope of sparking conversation.

        Looking at the openflowplugin release plan:
https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/OpenDaylight_OpenFlow_Plugin:Helium_Release_Plan#Release_Milestones
        and the controller release plan:
https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/OpenDaylight_Controller:Helium_Release_Plan#Release_Milestones
        both are listing a goal of switching over to the openflowplugin as the default openflowplugin at M2 (6/9/14).
        There are adapters so that existing flow programming should continue to work correctly, and
https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/integration/job/integration-csit-base-of13/
        is currently running 116 (and rapidly growing, 14 new tests yesterday) integration tests successfully.
        Since VTN and ovsdb are doing flow programming, I wanted to make sure that VTN, openflowplugin, and openflowjava
were talking so that we can work together towards these.  Things that it occurs to me might be a good idea would include
getting the the vtn and ovsdb integration tests running on the openflowplugin, so that we can shake out any bugs and get them
fixed for the M2 cutover.

        Also, if there are things that ovsdb/vtn (or other flow programming projects) need from openflowplugin/openflowjava, we should
get those called out, figure out who is going to work on them, and get them into the openflowplugin/java release plans.

Ed


_______________________________________________
openflowjava-dev mailing list
openflowjava-dev@...
https://lists.opendaylight.org/mailman/listinfo/openflowjava-dev

 



Hideyuki Tai <h-tai@...>
 

Hi Abhijit and Ed,

 

Thank you for sending mails.

 

I’ve not yet filed bugs for the second issue.

I’m going to file the bugs to Bugzilla in this week, and write detailed information on it.

 

Regards,

Hideyuki Tai

 

From: Ed Warnicke (eaw) [mailto:eaw@...]
Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2014 12:12 PM
To: Abhijit Kumbhare; Tai Hideyuki(
田井 秀幸); Kamal Rameshan (kramesha)
Cc: Michal Rehak -X (mirehak - Pantheon Technologies SRO at Cisco); Prasanna Huddar; <discuss@...>; openflowplugin-dev@...; openflowjava-dev; controller-dev; vtn-dev@...
Subject: RE: [OpenDaylight Discuss] [controller-dev] [integration-dev] [vtn-dev] [OpenDaylight Discuss] [openflowjava-dev] Cross project talk on release plans (vtn/ovsdb/openflow)

 

Hideyuki,

 

Could you please file a bug for the second issue you mentioned about vlan match field if it is still a problem

you are seeing?  We would like to get it fixed, but aren't even clear on quite what the issue is :)

 

Ed


From: Abhijit Kumbhare [abhijitkoss@...]
Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2014 12:18 PM
To: Hideyuki Tai; Kamal Rameshan (kramesha)
Cc: Michal Rehak -X (mirehak - Pantheon Technologies SRO at Cisco); Prasanna Huddar; Ed Warnicke (eaw); <discuss@...>; openflowplugin-dev@...; openflowjava-dev; controller-dev; vtn-dev@...
Subject: Re: [OpenDaylight Discuss] [controller-dev] [integration-dev] [vtn-dev] [OpenDaylight Discuss] [openflowjava-dev] Cross project talk on release plans (vtn/ovsdb/openflow)

Hi Hideyuki,

 

Ed is fixing https://bugs.opendaylight.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1099 today. Also can you provide the update regarding the other issue - problem 2: wrong VLAN match field. Have you filed a bug? Please assign it to Kamal.

 

Thanks,

Abhijit

 

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 12:13 AM, Hideyuki Tai <h-tai@...> wrote:

Hi Michal,

 

I’ve filed a bug regarding the toaster.

https://bugs.opendaylight.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1099

 

This issue blocks the new OF plugin support of VTN Manager.

 

Regards,

Hideyuki Tai

 

 

From: discuss-bounces@... [mailto:discuss-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Hideyuki Tai
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2014 3:19 PM
To: Michal Rehak -X (mirehak - Pantheon Technologies SRO at Cisco); Prasanna Huddar; Abhijit Kumbhare; Ed Warnicke (eaw); <discuss@...>; openflowplugin-dev@...; openflowjava-dev; controller-dev; vtn-dev@...
Subject: Re: [OpenDaylight Discuss] [controller-dev] [integration-dev] [vtn-dev] [OpenDaylight Discuss] [openflowjava-dev] Cross project talk on release plans (vtn/ovsdb/openflow)

 

Hi Michal,

 

Thank you for checking!

 

I’ve not yet filed the bug regarding the toaster startup loading issue.

I’ll file it today.

 

Regards,

Hideyuki Tai

 

From: Michal Rehak -X (mirehak - Pantheon Technologies SRO at Cisco) [mailto:mirehak@...]
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2014 3:09 PM
To: Prasanna Huddar; Tai Hideyuki(
田井 秀幸); Abhijit Kumbhare; Ed Warnicke (eaw); <discuss@...>; openflowplugin-dev@...; openflowjava-dev; controller-dev; vtn-dev@...
Subject: RE: [controller-dev] [integration-dev] [vtn-dev] [OpenDaylight Discuss] [openflowjava-dev] Cross project talk on release plans (vtn/ovsdb/openflow)

 

Hi Hideyuki,
I just checked the integration/distributions/virtualization and it is out of date. There is no distributing of configSubsystem xml file for OFPlugin (we migrated a month ago).

Have you already filed a bug regarding the toaster startup loading issue?

Regards,
Michal


From: controller-dev-bounces@... [controller-dev-bounces@...] on behalf of Prasanna Huddar [prasanna.huddar@...]
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2014 07:47
To: Hideyuki Tai; Abhijit Kumbhare; Ed Warnicke (eaw); <discuss@...>; openflowplugin-dev@...; openflowjava-dev; controller-dev; vtn-dev@...
Subject: Re: [controller-dev] [integration-dev] [vtn-dev] [OpenDaylight Discuss] [openflowjava-dev] Cross project talk on release plans (vtn/ovsdb/openflow)

Hello Hideyuki,

  Please find the details to execute VLAN test case(For OF 1.3) through OSGI CLI

 

Refer to file in “OpenflowpluginTestCommandProvider.java” in openflowplugin.git repo bundle “test_provider”.

In that file we have test case f51 , which will help you test VLAN match field.

 

Here is the guide to use command line.

https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/OpenDaylight_OpenFlow_Plugin:Test_Provider

 

Rgds

Prasanna

 

From: integration-dev-bounces@... [mailto:integration-dev-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Hideyuki Tai
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2014 9:46 AM
To: Abhijit Kumbhare; Ed Warnicke (eaw); <discuss@...>; openflowplugin-dev@...; <ovsdb-dev@...>; openflowjava-dev; integration-dev@...; controller-dev; vtn-dev@...
Subject: Re: [integration-dev] [vtn-dev] [OpenDaylight Discuss] [openflowjava-dev] Cross project talk on release plans (vtn/ovsdb/openflow)

 

Hi all,

 

In today’s meeting, I would like to explain about current status of VTN on the new OF plugin.

I’m going to use the following slides.

 

https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/File:VTN_and_new_OF_plugin_2014_0529.pdf

 

Regards,

Hideyuki Tai

 

From: vtn-dev-bounces@... [mailto:vtn-dev-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Hideyuki Tai
Sent: Monday, May 26, 2014 5:19 PM
To: Abhijit Kumbhare; Ed Warnicke (eaw)
Cc: <discuss@...>; openflowplugin-dev@...; <ovsdb-dev@...>; openflowjava-dev; integration-dev@...; controller-dev; vtn-dev@...
Subject: Re: [vtn-dev] [OpenDaylight Discuss] [openflowjava-dev] Cross project talk on release plans (vtn/ovsdb/openflow)

 

+ vtn-dev ML

 

Hi all,

 

The next Wednesday night/Thursday morning works for me, and I’ll attend the meeting as a committer of VTN project.

 

Regards,

Hideyuki Tai

 

From: discuss-bounces@... [mailto:discuss-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Abhijit Kumbhare
Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2014 6:28 AM
To: Ed Warnicke (eaw)
Cc: <discuss@...>; openflowplugin-dev@...; <ovsdb-dev@...>; openflowjava-dev; integration-dev@...; controller-dev
Subject: Re: [OpenDaylight Discuss] [openflowjava-dev] Cross project talk on release plans (vtn/ovsdb/openflow)

 

Good point Ed. As you mentioned VTN & OVSDB are doing flow programming - we should figure out how to incorporate these into the integration tests.  

 

For OVSDB - we should continue talking over IRC/email/follow-on sessions with Brent. However for VTN it will be good if we have a meeting to discuss this soon. Since we will likely not have the OpenFlow plugin meeting on Monday - a good point to discuss with VTN would be on next Wednesday evening Pacific/Thursday morning (Europe/Asia) OpenFlow plugin meeting. i.e. May 28/29.

 

VTN folks - please let know if next Wednesday night/Thursday morning works.

 

Link for the meeting:

 

 

 

 

On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 10:28 AM, Ed Warnicke (eaw) <eaw@...> wrote:

Guys,
        In an attempt to get some discussion going between projects on release plans, I have been reading through the
release plans for each project and trying to get a sense of where there are things that projects probably should talk about timing wise.

        This is the first of the email from that reading, in the hope of sparking conversation.

        Looking at the openflowplugin release plan:
https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/OpenDaylight_OpenFlow_Plugin:Helium_Release_Plan#Release_Milestones
        and the controller release plan:
https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/OpenDaylight_Controller:Helium_Release_Plan#Release_Milestones
        both are listing a goal of switching over to the openflowplugin as the default openflowplugin at M2 (6/9/14).
        There are adapters so that existing flow programming should continue to work correctly, and
https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/integration/job/integration-csit-base-of13/
        is currently running 116 (and rapidly growing, 14 new tests yesterday) integration tests successfully.
        Since VTN and ovsdb are doing flow programming, I wanted to make sure that VTN, openflowplugin, and openflowjava
were talking so that we can work together towards these.  Things that it occurs to me might be a good idea would include
getting the the vtn and ovsdb integration tests running on the openflowplugin, so that we can shake out any bugs and get them
fixed for the M2 cutover.

        Also, if there are things that ovsdb/vtn (or other flow programming projects) need from openflowplugin/openflowjava, we should
get those called out, figure out who is going to work on them, and get them into the openflowplugin/java release plans.

Ed


_______________________________________________
openflowjava-dev mailing list
openflowjava-dev@...
https://lists.opendaylight.org/mailman/listinfo/openflowjava-dev

 

 


Ed Warnicke (eaw) <eaw@...>
 

Hideyuki,

    If you could do so with some priority :)  We would really like to get it fixed prior
to the M2 switchover... but need something to work from :)

Ed

From: Hideyuki Tai [h-tai@...]
Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2014 10:50 PM
To: Ed Warnicke (eaw); Abhijit Kumbhare; Kamal Rameshan (kramesha)
Cc: Michal Rehak -X (mirehak - Pantheon Technologies SRO at Cisco); Prasanna Huddar; <discuss@...>; openflowplugin-dev@...; openflowjava-dev; controller-dev; vtn-dev@...
Subject: RE: [OpenDaylight Discuss] [controller-dev] [integration-dev] [vtn-dev] [OpenDaylight Discuss] [openflowjava-dev] Cross project talk on release plans (vtn/ovsdb/openflow)

Hi Abhijit and Ed,

 

Thank you for sending mails.

 

I’ve not yet filed bugs for the second issue.

I’m going to file the bugs to Bugzilla in this week, and write detailed information on it.

 

Regards,

Hideyuki Tai

 

From: Ed Warnicke (eaw) [mailto:eaw@...]
Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2014 12:12 PM
To: Abhijit Kumbhare; Tai Hideyuki(
田井 秀幸); Kamal Rameshan (kramesha)
Cc: Michal Rehak -X (mirehak - Pantheon Technologies SRO at Cisco); Prasanna Huddar; <discuss@...>; openflowplugin-dev@...; openflowjava-dev; controller-dev; vtn-dev@...
Subject: RE: [OpenDaylight Discuss] [controller-dev] [integration-dev] [vtn-dev] [OpenDaylight Discuss] [openflowjava-dev] Cross project talk on release plans (vtn/ovsdb/openflow)

 

Hideyuki,

 

Could you please file a bug for the second issue you mentioned about vlan match field if it is still a problem

you are seeing?  We would like to get it fixed, but aren't even clear on quite what the issue is :)

 

Ed


From: Abhijit Kumbhare [abhijitkoss@...]
Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2014 12:18 PM
To: Hideyuki Tai; Kamal Rameshan (kramesha)
Cc: Michal Rehak -X (mirehak - Pantheon Technologies SRO at Cisco); Prasanna Huddar; Ed Warnicke (eaw); <discuss@...>; openflowplugin-dev@...; openflowjava-dev; controller-dev; vtn-dev@...
Subject: Re: [OpenDaylight Discuss] [controller-dev] [integration-dev] [vtn-dev] [OpenDaylight Discuss] [openflowjava-dev] Cross project talk on release plans (vtn/ovsdb/openflow)

Hi Hideyuki,

 

Ed is fixing https://bugs.opendaylight.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1099 today. Also can you provide the update regarding the other issue - problem 2: wrong VLAN match field. Have you filed a bug? Please assign it to Kamal.

 

Thanks,

Abhijit

 

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 12:13 AM, Hideyuki Tai <h-tai@...> wrote:

Hi Michal,

 

I’ve filed a bug regarding the toaster.

https://bugs.opendaylight.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1099

 

This issue blocks the new OF plugin support of VTN Manager.

 

Regards,

Hideyuki Tai

 

 

From: discuss-bounces@... [mailto:discuss-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Hideyuki Tai
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2014 3:19 PM
To: Michal Rehak -X (mirehak - Pantheon Technologies SRO at Cisco); Prasanna Huddar; Abhijit Kumbhare; Ed Warnicke (eaw); <discuss@...>; openflowplugin-dev@...; openflowjava-dev; controller-dev; vtn-dev@...
Subject: Re: [OpenDaylight Discuss] [controller-dev] [integration-dev] [vtn-dev] [OpenDaylight Discuss] [openflowjava-dev] Cross project talk on release plans (vtn/ovsdb/openflow)

 

Hi Michal,

 

Thank you for checking!

 

I’ve not yet filed the bug regarding the toaster startup loading issue.

I’ll file it today.

 

Regards,

Hideyuki Tai

 

From: Michal Rehak -X (mirehak - Pantheon Technologies SRO at Cisco) [mailto:mirehak@...]
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2014 3:09 PM
To: Prasanna Huddar; Tai Hideyuki(
田井 秀幸); Abhijit Kumbhare; Ed Warnicke (eaw); <discuss@...>; openflowplugin-dev@...; openflowjava-dev; controller-dev; vtn-dev@...
Subject: RE: [controller-dev] [integration-dev] [vtn-dev] [OpenDaylight Discuss] [openflowjava-dev] Cross project talk on release plans (vtn/ovsdb/openflow)

 

Hi Hideyuki,
I just checked the integration/distributions/virtualization and it is out of date. There is no distributing of configSubsystem xml file for OFPlugin (we migrated a month ago).

Have you already filed a bug regarding the toaster startup loading issue?

Regards,
Michal


From: controller-dev-bounces@... [controller-dev-bounces@...] on behalf of Prasanna Huddar [prasanna.huddar@...]
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2014 07:47
To: Hideyuki Tai; Abhijit Kumbhare; Ed Warnicke (eaw); <discuss@...>; openflowplugin-dev@...; openflowjava-dev; controller-dev; vtn-dev@...
Subject: Re: [controller-dev] [integration-dev] [vtn-dev] [OpenDaylight Discuss] [openflowjava-dev] Cross project talk on release plans (vtn/ovsdb/openflow)

Hello Hideyuki,

  Please find the details to execute VLAN test case(For OF 1.3) through OSGI CLI

 

Refer to file in “OpenflowpluginTestCommandProvider.java” in openflowplugin.git repo bundle “test_provider”.

In that file we have test case f51 , which will help you test VLAN match field.

 

Here is the guide to use command line.

https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/OpenDaylight_OpenFlow_Plugin:Test_Provider

 

Rgds

Prasanna

 

From: integration-dev-bounces@... [mailto:integration-dev-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Hideyuki Tai
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2014 9:46 AM
To: Abhijit Kumbhare; Ed Warnicke (eaw); <discuss@...>; openflowplugin-dev@...; <ovsdb-dev@...>; openflowjava-dev; integration-dev@...; controller-dev; vtn-dev@...
Subject: Re: [integration-dev] [vtn-dev] [OpenDaylight Discuss] [openflowjava-dev] Cross project talk on release plans (vtn/ovsdb/openflow)

 

Hi all,

 

In today’s meeting, I would like to explain about current status of VTN on the new OF plugin.

I’m going to use the following slides.

 

https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/File:VTN_and_new_OF_plugin_2014_0529.pdf

 

Regards,

Hideyuki Tai

 

From: vtn-dev-bounces@... [mailto:vtn-dev-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Hideyuki Tai
Sent: Monday, May 26, 2014 5:19 PM
To: Abhijit Kumbhare; Ed Warnicke (eaw)
Cc: <discuss@...>; openflowplugin-dev@...; <ovsdb-dev@...>; openflowjava-dev; integration-dev@...; controller-dev; vtn-dev@...
Subject: Re: [vtn-dev] [OpenDaylight Discuss] [openflowjava-dev] Cross project talk on release plans (vtn/ovsdb/openflow)

 

+ vtn-dev ML

 

Hi all,

 

The next Wednesday night/Thursday morning works for me, and I’ll attend the meeting as a committer of VTN project.

 

Regards,

Hideyuki Tai

 

From: discuss-bounces@... [mailto:discuss-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Abhijit Kumbhare
Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2014 6:28 AM
To: Ed Warnicke (eaw)
Cc: <discuss@...>; openflowplugin-dev@...; <ovsdb-dev@...>; openflowjava-dev; integration-dev@...; controller-dev
Subject: Re: [OpenDaylight Discuss] [openflowjava-dev] Cross project talk on release plans (vtn/ovsdb/openflow)

 

Good point Ed. As you mentioned VTN & OVSDB are doing flow programming - we should figure out how to incorporate these into the integration tests.  

 

For OVSDB - we should continue talking over IRC/email/follow-on sessions with Brent. However for VTN it will be good if we have a meeting to discuss this soon. Since we will likely not have the OpenFlow plugin meeting on Monday - a good point to discuss with VTN would be on next Wednesday evening Pacific/Thursday morning (Europe/Asia) OpenFlow plugin meeting. i.e. May 28/29.

 

VTN folks - please let know if next Wednesday night/Thursday morning works.

 

Link for the meeting:

 

 

 

 

On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 10:28 AM, Ed Warnicke (eaw) <eaw@...> wrote:

Guys,
        In an attempt to get some discussion going between projects on release plans, I have been reading through the
release plans for each project and trying to get a sense of where there are things that projects probably should talk about timing wise.

        This is the first of the email from that reading, in the hope of sparking conversation.

        Looking at the openflowplugin release plan:
https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/OpenDaylight_OpenFlow_Plugin:Helium_Release_Plan#Release_Milestones
        and the controller release plan:
https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/OpenDaylight_Controller:Helium_Release_Plan#Release_Milestones
        both are listing a goal of switching over to the openflowplugin as the default openflowplugin at M2 (6/9/14).
        There are adapters so that existing flow programming should continue to work correctly, and
https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/integration/job/integration-csit-base-of13/
        is currently running 116 (and rapidly growing, 14 new tests yesterday) integration tests successfully.
        Since VTN and ovsdb are doing flow programming, I wanted to make sure that VTN, openflowplugin, and openflowjava
were talking so that we can work together towards these.  Things that it occurs to me might be a good idea would include
getting the the vtn and ovsdb integration tests running on the openflowplugin, so that we can shake out any bugs and get them
fixed for the M2 cutover.

        Also, if there are things that ovsdb/vtn (or other flow programming projects) need from openflowplugin/openflowjava, we should
get those called out, figure out who is going to work on them, and get them into the openflowplugin/java release plans.

Ed


_______________________________________________
openflowjava-dev mailing list
openflowjava-dev@...
https://lists.opendaylight.org/mailman/listinfo/openflowjava-dev

 

 


Hideyuki Tai <h-tai@...>
 

Hi Ed,

 

Thank you for your corporation.

 

I’ve filed a bug in Bugzilla.

https://bugs.opendaylight.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1137

 

I’m not sure it is a bug of the new OF plugin.

 

I’ve detected other bugs on the new OF plugin, so I’m going to file these in this week.

 

Regards,

Hideyuki Tai

 

 

From: Ed Warnicke (eaw) [mailto:eaw@...]
Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2014 9:12 PM
To: Tai Hideyuki(
田井 秀幸); Abhijit Kumbhare; Kamal Rameshan (kramesha)
Cc: Michal Rehak -X (mirehak - Pantheon Technologies SRO at Cisco); Prasanna Huddar; <discuss@...>; openflowplugin-dev@...; openflowjava-dev; controller-dev; vtn-dev@...
Subject: RE: [OpenDaylight Discuss] [controller-dev] [integration-dev] [vtn-dev] [OpenDaylight Discuss] [openflowjava-dev] Cross project talk on release plans (vtn/ovsdb/openflow)

 

Hideyuki,

 

    If you could do so with some priority :)  We would really like to get it fixed prior

to the M2 switchover... but need something to work from :)

 

Ed


From: Hideyuki Tai [h-tai@...]
Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2014 10:50 PM
To: Ed Warnicke (eaw); Abhijit Kumbhare; Kamal Rameshan (kramesha)
Cc: Michal Rehak -X (mirehak - Pantheon Technologies SRO at Cisco); Prasanna Huddar; <discuss@...>; openflowplugin-dev@...; openflowjava-dev; controller-dev; vtn-dev@...
Subject: RE: [OpenDaylight Discuss] [controller-dev] [integration-dev] [vtn-dev] [OpenDaylight Discuss] [openflowjava-dev] Cross project talk on release plans (vtn/ovsdb/openflow)

Hi Abhijit and Ed,

 

Thank you for sending mails.

 

I’ve not yet filed bugs for the second issue.

I’m going to file the bugs to Bugzilla in this week, and write detailed information on it.

 

Regards,

Hideyuki Tai

 

From: Ed Warnicke (eaw) [mailto:eaw@...]
Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2014 12:12 PM
To: Abhijit Kumbhare; Tai Hideyuki(
田井 秀幸); Kamal Rameshan (kramesha)
Cc: Michal Rehak -X (mirehak - Pantheon Technologies SRO at Cisco); Prasanna Huddar; <discuss@...>; openflowplugin-dev@...; openflowjava-dev; controller-dev; vtn-dev@...
Subject: RE: [OpenDaylight Discuss] [controller-dev] [integration-dev] [vtn-dev] [OpenDaylight Discuss] [openflowjava-dev] Cross project talk on release plans (vtn/ovsdb/openflow)

 

Hideyuki,

 

Could you please file a bug for the second issue you mentioned about vlan match field if it is still a problem

you are seeing?  We would like to get it fixed, but aren't even clear on quite what the issue is :)

 

Ed


From: Abhijit Kumbhare [abhijitkoss@...]
Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2014 12:18 PM
To: Hideyuki Tai; Kamal Rameshan (kramesha)
Cc: Michal Rehak -X (mirehak - Pantheon Technologies SRO at Cisco); Prasanna Huddar; Ed Warnicke (eaw); <discuss@...>; openflowplugin-dev@...; openflowjava-dev; controller-dev; vtn-dev@...
Subject: Re: [OpenDaylight Discuss] [controller-dev] [integration-dev] [vtn-dev] [OpenDaylight Discuss] [openflowjava-dev] Cross project talk on release plans (vtn/ovsdb/openflow)

Hi Hideyuki,

 

Ed is fixing https://bugs.opendaylight.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1099 today. Also can you provide the update regarding the other issue - problem 2: wrong VLAN match field. Have you filed a bug? Please assign it to Kamal.

 

Thanks,

Abhijit

 

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 12:13 AM, Hideyuki Tai <h-tai@...> wrote:

Hi Michal,

 

I’ve filed a bug regarding the toaster.

https://bugs.opendaylight.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1099

 

This issue blocks the new OF plugin support of VTN Manager.

 

Regards,

Hideyuki Tai

 

 

From: discuss-bounces@... [mailto:discuss-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Hideyuki Tai
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2014 3:19 PM
To: Michal Rehak -X (mirehak - Pantheon Technologies SRO at Cisco); Prasanna Huddar; Abhijit Kumbhare; Ed Warnicke (eaw); <discuss@...>; openflowplugin-dev@...; openflowjava-dev; controller-dev; vtn-dev@...
Subject: Re: [OpenDaylight Discuss] [controller-dev] [integration-dev] [vtn-dev] [OpenDaylight Discuss] [openflowjava-dev] Cross project talk on release plans (vtn/ovsdb/openflow)

 

Hi Michal,

 

Thank you for checking!

 

I’ve not yet filed the bug regarding the toaster startup loading issue.

I’ll file it today.

 

Regards,

Hideyuki Tai

 

From: Michal Rehak -X (mirehak - Pantheon Technologies SRO at Cisco) [mailto:mirehak@...]
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2014 3:09 PM
To: Prasanna Huddar; Tai Hideyuki(
田井 秀幸); Abhijit Kumbhare; Ed Warnicke (eaw); <discuss@...>; openflowplugin-dev@...; openflowjava-dev; controller-dev; vtn-dev@...
Subject: RE: [controller-dev] [integration-dev] [vtn-dev] [OpenDaylight Discuss] [openflowjava-dev] Cross project talk on release plans (vtn/ovsdb/openflow)

 

Hi Hideyuki,
I just checked the integration/distributions/virtualization and it is out of date. There is no distributing of configSubsystem xml file for OFPlugin (we migrated a month ago).

Have you already filed a bug regarding the toaster startup loading issue?

Regards,
Michal


From: controller-dev-bounces@... [controller-dev-bounces@...] on behalf of Prasanna Huddar [prasanna.huddar@...]
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2014 07:47
To: Hideyuki Tai; Abhijit Kumbhare; Ed Warnicke (eaw); <discuss@...>; openflowplugin-dev@...; openflowjava-dev; controller-dev; vtn-dev@...
Subject: Re: [controller-dev] [integration-dev] [vtn-dev] [OpenDaylight Discuss] [openflowjava-dev] Cross project talk on release plans (vtn/ovsdb/openflow)

Hello Hideyuki,

  Please find the details to execute VLAN test case(For OF 1.3) through OSGI CLI

 

Refer to file in “OpenflowpluginTestCommandProvider.java” in openflowplugin.git repo bundle “test_provider”.

In that file we have test case f51 , which will help you test VLAN match field.

 

Here is the guide to use command line.

https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/OpenDaylight_OpenFlow_Plugin:Test_Provider

 

Rgds

Prasanna

 

From: integration-dev-bounces@... [mailto:integration-dev-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Hideyuki Tai
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2014 9:46 AM
To: Abhijit Kumbhare; Ed Warnicke (eaw); <discuss@...>; openflowplugin-dev@...; <ovsdb-dev@...>; openflowjava-dev; integration-dev@...; controller-dev; vtn-dev@...
Subject: Re: [integration-dev] [vtn-dev] [OpenDaylight Discuss] [openflowjava-dev] Cross project talk on release plans (vtn/ovsdb/openflow)

 

Hi all,

 

In today’s meeting, I would like to explain about current status of VTN on the new OF plugin.

I’m going to use the following slides.

 

https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/File:VTN_and_new_OF_plugin_2014_0529.pdf

 

Regards,

Hideyuki Tai

 

From: vtn-dev-bounces@... [mailto:vtn-dev-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Hideyuki Tai
Sent: Monday, May 26, 2014 5:19 PM
To: Abhijit Kumbhare; Ed Warnicke (eaw)
Cc: <discuss@...>; openflowplugin-dev@...; <ovsdb-dev@...>; openflowjava-dev; integration-dev@...; controller-dev; vtn-dev@...
Subject: Re: [vtn-dev] [OpenDaylight Discuss] [openflowjava-dev] Cross project talk on release plans (vtn/ovsdb/openflow)

 

+ vtn-dev ML

 

Hi all,

 

The next Wednesday night/Thursday morning works for me, and I’ll attend the meeting as a committer of VTN project.

 

Regards,

Hideyuki Tai

 

From: discuss-bounces@... [mailto:discuss-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Abhijit Kumbhare
Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2014 6:28 AM
To: Ed Warnicke (eaw)
Cc: <discuss@...>; openflowplugin-dev@...; <ovsdb-dev@...>; openflowjava-dev; integration-dev@...; controller-dev
Subject: Re: [OpenDaylight Discuss] [openflowjava-dev] Cross project talk on release plans (vtn/ovsdb/openflow)

 

Good point Ed. As you mentioned VTN & OVSDB are doing flow programming - we should figure out how to incorporate these into the integration tests.  

 

For OVSDB - we should continue talking over IRC/email/follow-on sessions with Brent. However for VTN it will be good if we have a meeting to discuss this soon. Since we will likely not have the OpenFlow plugin meeting on Monday - a good point to discuss with VTN would be on next Wednesday evening Pacific/Thursday morning (Europe/Asia) OpenFlow plugin meeting. i.e. May 28/29.

 

VTN folks - please let know if next Wednesday night/Thursday morning works.

 

Link for the meeting:

 

 

 

 

On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 10:28 AM, Ed Warnicke (eaw) <eaw@...> wrote:

Guys,
        In an attempt to get some discussion going between projects on release plans, I have been reading through the
release plans for each project and trying to get a sense of where there are things that projects probably should talk about timing wise.

        This is the first of the email from that reading, in the hope of sparking conversation.

        Looking at the openflowplugin release plan:
https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/OpenDaylight_OpenFlow_Plugin:Helium_Release_Plan#Release_Milestones
        and the controller release plan:
https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/OpenDaylight_Controller:Helium_Release_Plan#Release_Milestones
        both are listing a goal of switching over to the openflowplugin as the default openflowplugin at M2 (6/9/14).
        There are adapters so that existing flow programming should continue to work correctly, and
https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/integration/job/integration-csit-base-of13/
        is currently running 116 (and rapidly growing, 14 new tests yesterday) integration tests successfully.
        Since VTN and ovsdb are doing flow programming, I wanted to make sure that VTN, openflowplugin, and openflowjava
were talking so that we can work together towards these.  Things that it occurs to me might be a good idea would include
getting the the vtn and ovsdb integration tests running on the openflowplugin, so that we can shake out any bugs and get them
fixed for the M2 cutover.

        Also, if there are things that ovsdb/vtn (or other flow programming projects) need from openflowplugin/openflowjava, we should
get those called out, figure out who is going to work on them, and get them into the openflowplugin/java release plans.

Ed


_______________________________________________
openflowjava-dev mailing list
openflowjava-dev@...
https://lists.opendaylight.org/mailman/listinfo/openflowjava-dev

 

 


Hideyuki Tai <h-tai@...>
 

Hi Ed,

 

I’ve filed two other bugs in Bugzilla.

 

https://bugs.opendaylight.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1140

https://bugs.opendaylight.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1138

 

I’m not sure if these bugs are of the new OF plugin or not.

 

Regards,

Hideyuki Tai

 

From: openflowjava-dev-bounces@... [mailto:openflowjava-dev-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Hideyuki Tai
Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2014 9:17 PM
To: Ed Warnicke (eaw); Abhijit Kumbhare; Kamal Rameshan (kramesha)
Cc: <discuss@...>; openflowplugin-dev@...; openflowjava-dev; controller-dev; vtn-dev@...
Subject: Re: [openflowjava-dev] [OpenDaylight Discuss] [controller-dev] [integration-dev] [vtn-dev] [OpenDaylight Discuss] Cross project talk on release plans (vtn/ovsdb/openflow)

 

Hi Ed,

 

Thank you for your corporation.

 

I’ve filed a bug in Bugzilla.

https://bugs.opendaylight.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1137

 

I’m not sure it is a bug of the new OF plugin.

 

I’ve detected other bugs on the new OF plugin, so I’m going to file these in this week.

 

Regards,

Hideyuki Tai

 

 

From: Ed Warnicke (eaw) [mailto:eaw@...]
Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2014 9:12 PM
To: Tai Hideyuki(
田井 秀幸); Abhijit Kumbhare; Kamal Rameshan (kramesha)
Cc: Michal Rehak -X (mirehak - Pantheon Technologies SRO at Cisco); Prasanna Huddar; <discuss@...>; openflowplugin-dev@...; openflowjava-dev; controller-dev; vtn-dev@...
Subject: RE: [OpenDaylight Discuss] [controller-dev] [integration-dev] [vtn-dev] [OpenDaylight Discuss] [openflowjava-dev] Cross project talk on release plans (vtn/ovsdb/openflow)

 

Hideyuki,

 

    If you could do so with some priority :)  We would really like to get it fixed prior

to the M2 switchover... but need something to work from :)

 

Ed


From: Hideyuki Tai [h-tai@...]
Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2014 10:50 PM
To: Ed Warnicke (eaw); Abhijit Kumbhare; Kamal Rameshan (kramesha)
Cc: Michal Rehak -X (mirehak - Pantheon Technologies SRO at Cisco); Prasanna Huddar; <discuss@...>; openflowplugin-dev@...; openflowjava-dev; controller-dev; vtn-dev@...
Subject: RE: [OpenDaylight Discuss] [controller-dev] [integration-dev] [vtn-dev] [OpenDaylight Discuss] [openflowjava-dev] Cross project talk on release plans (vtn/ovsdb/openflow)

Hi Abhijit and Ed,

 

Thank you for sending mails.

 

I’ve not yet filed bugs for the second issue.

I’m going to file the bugs to Bugzilla in this week, and write detailed information on it.

 

Regards,

Hideyuki Tai

 

From: Ed Warnicke (eaw) [mailto:eaw@...]
Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2014 12:12 PM
To: Abhijit Kumbhare; Tai Hideyuki(
田井 秀幸); Kamal Rameshan (kramesha)
Cc: Michal Rehak -X (mirehak - Pantheon Technologies SRO at Cisco); Prasanna Huddar; <discuss@...>; openflowplugin-dev@...; openflowjava-dev; controller-dev; vtn-dev@...
Subject: RE: [OpenDaylight Discuss] [controller-dev] [integration-dev] [vtn-dev] [OpenDaylight Discuss] [openflowjava-dev] Cross project talk on release plans (vtn/ovsdb/openflow)

 

Hideyuki,

 

Could you please file a bug for the second issue you mentioned about vlan match field if it is still a problem

you are seeing?  We would like to get it fixed, but aren't even clear on quite what the issue is :)

 

Ed


From: Abhijit Kumbhare [abhijitkoss@...]
Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2014 12:18 PM
To: Hideyuki Tai; Kamal Rameshan (kramesha)
Cc: Michal Rehak -X (mirehak - Pantheon Technologies SRO at Cisco); Prasanna Huddar; Ed Warnicke (eaw); <discuss@...>; openflowplugin-dev@...; openflowjava-dev; controller-dev; vtn-dev@...
Subject: Re: [OpenDaylight Discuss] [controller-dev] [integration-dev] [vtn-dev] [OpenDaylight Discuss] [openflowjava-dev] Cross project talk on release plans (vtn/ovsdb/openflow)

Hi Hideyuki,

 

Ed is fixing https://bugs.opendaylight.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1099 today. Also can you provide the update regarding the other issue - problem 2: wrong VLAN match field. Have you filed a bug? Please assign it to Kamal.

 

Thanks,

Abhijit

 

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 12:13 AM, Hideyuki Tai <h-tai@...> wrote:

Hi Michal,

 

I’ve filed a bug regarding the toaster.

https://bugs.opendaylight.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1099

 

This issue blocks the new OF plugin support of VTN Manager.

 

Regards,

Hideyuki Tai

 

 

From: discuss-bounces@... [mailto:discuss-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Hideyuki Tai
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2014 3:19 PM
To: Michal Rehak -X (mirehak - Pantheon Technologies SRO at Cisco); Prasanna Huddar; Abhijit Kumbhare; Ed Warnicke (eaw); <discuss@...>; openflowplugin-dev@...; openflowjava-dev; controller-dev; vtn-dev@...
Subject: Re: [OpenDaylight Discuss] [controller-dev] [integration-dev] [vtn-dev] [OpenDaylight Discuss] [openflowjava-dev] Cross project talk on release plans (vtn/ovsdb/openflow)

 

Hi Michal,

 

Thank you for checking!

 

I’ve not yet filed the bug regarding the toaster startup loading issue.

I’ll file it today.

 

Regards,

Hideyuki Tai

 

From: Michal Rehak -X (mirehak - Pantheon Technologies SRO at Cisco) [mailto:mirehak@...]
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2014 3:09 PM
To: Prasanna Huddar; Tai Hideyuki(
田井 秀幸); Abhijit Kumbhare; Ed Warnicke (eaw); <discuss@...>; openflowplugin-dev@...; openflowjava-dev; controller-dev; vtn-dev@...
Subject: RE: [controller-dev] [integration-dev] [vtn-dev] [OpenDaylight Discuss] [openflowjava-dev] Cross project talk on release plans (vtn/ovsdb/openflow)

 

Hi Hideyuki,
I just checked the integration/distributions/virtualization and it is out of date. There is no distributing of configSubsystem xml file for OFPlugin (we migrated a month ago).

Have you already filed a bug regarding the toaster startup loading issue?

Regards,
Michal


From: controller-dev-bounces@... [controller-dev-bounces@...] on behalf of Prasanna Huddar [prasanna.huddar@...]
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2014 07:47
To: Hideyuki Tai; Abhijit Kumbhare; Ed Warnicke (eaw); <discuss@...>; openflowplugin-dev@...; openflowjava-dev; controller-dev; vtn-dev@...
Subject: Re: [controller-dev] [integration-dev] [vtn-dev] [OpenDaylight Discuss] [openflowjava-dev] Cross project talk on release plans (vtn/ovsdb/openflow)

Hello Hideyuki,

  Please find the details to execute VLAN test case(For OF 1.3) through OSGI CLI

 

Refer to file in “OpenflowpluginTestCommandProvider.java” in openflowplugin.git repo bundle “test_provider”.

In that file we have test case f51 , which will help you test VLAN match field.

 

Here is the guide to use command line.

https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/OpenDaylight_OpenFlow_Plugin:Test_Provider

 

Rgds

Prasanna

 

From: integration-dev-bounces@... [mailto:integration-dev-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Hideyuki Tai
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2014 9:46 AM
To: Abhijit Kumbhare; Ed Warnicke (eaw); <discuss@...>; openflowplugin-dev@...; <ovsdb-dev@...>; openflowjava-dev; integration-dev@...; controller-dev; vtn-dev@...
Subject: Re: [integration-dev] [vtn-dev] [OpenDaylight Discuss] [openflowjava-dev] Cross project talk on release plans (vtn/ovsdb/openflow)

 

Hi all,

 

In today’s meeting, I would like to explain about current status of VTN on the new OF plugin.

I’m going to use the following slides.

 

https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/File:VTN_and_new_OF_plugin_2014_0529.pdf

 

Regards,

Hideyuki Tai

 

From: vtn-dev-bounces@... [mailto:vtn-dev-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Hideyuki Tai
Sent: Monday, May 26, 2014 5:19 PM
To: Abhijit Kumbhare; Ed Warnicke (eaw)
Cc: <discuss@...>; openflowplugin-dev@...; <ovsdb-dev@...>; openflowjava-dev; integration-dev@...; controller-dev; vtn-dev@...
Subject: Re: [vtn-dev] [OpenDaylight Discuss] [openflowjava-dev] Cross project talk on release plans (vtn/ovsdb/openflow)

 

+ vtn-dev ML

 

Hi all,

 

The next Wednesday night/Thursday morning works for me, and I’ll attend the meeting as a committer of VTN project.

 

Regards,

Hideyuki Tai

 

From: discuss-bounces@... [mailto:discuss-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Abhijit Kumbhare
Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2014 6:28 AM
To: Ed Warnicke (eaw)
Cc: <discuss@...>; openflowplugin-dev@...; <ovsdb-dev@...>; openflowjava-dev; integration-dev@...; controller-dev
Subject: Re: [OpenDaylight Discuss] [openflowjava-dev] Cross project talk on release plans (vtn/ovsdb/openflow)

 

Good point Ed. As you mentioned VTN & OVSDB are doing flow programming - we should figure out how to incorporate these into the integration tests.  

 

For OVSDB - we should continue talking over IRC/email/follow-on sessions with Brent. However for VTN it will be good if we have a meeting to discuss this soon. Since we will likely not have the OpenFlow plugin meeting on Monday - a good point to discuss with VTN would be on next Wednesday evening Pacific/Thursday morning (Europe/Asia) OpenFlow plugin meeting. i.e. May 28/29.

 

VTN folks - please let know if next Wednesday night/Thursday morning works.

 

Link for the meeting:

 

 

 

 

On Wed, May 21, 2014 at 10:28 AM, Ed Warnicke (eaw) <eaw@...> wrote:

Guys,
        In an attempt to get some discussion going between projects on release plans, I have been reading through the
release plans for each project and trying to get a sense of where there are things that projects probably should talk about timing wise.

        This is the first of the email from that reading, in the hope of sparking conversation.

        Looking at the openflowplugin release plan:
https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/OpenDaylight_OpenFlow_Plugin:Helium_Release_Plan#Release_Milestones
        and the controller release plan:
https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/OpenDaylight_Controller:Helium_Release_Plan#Release_Milestones
        both are listing a goal of switching over to the openflowplugin as the default openflowplugin at M2 (6/9/14).
        There are adapters so that existing flow programming should continue to work correctly, and
https://jenkins.opendaylight.org/integration/job/integration-csit-base-of13/
        is currently running 116 (and rapidly growing, 14 new tests yesterday) integration tests successfully.
        Since VTN and ovsdb are doing flow programming, I wanted to make sure that VTN, openflowplugin, and openflowjava
were talking so that we can work together towards these.  Things that it occurs to me might be a good idea would include
getting the the vtn and ovsdb integration tests running on the openflowplugin, so that we can shake out any bugs and get them
fixed for the M2 cutover.

        Also, if there are things that ovsdb/vtn (or other flow programming projects) need from openflowplugin/openflowjava, we should
get those called out, figure out who is going to work on them, and get them into the openflowplugin/java release plans.

Ed


_______________________________________________
openflowjava-dev mailing list
openflowjava-dev@...
https://lists.opendaylight.org/mailman/listinfo/openflowjava-dev