Reusable code & DTLS implementation/support

Mahesh Govind

Dear Experts,
Could you please let me know whether we have DTLS support for openflow java .
I was trying to implement capwap . If Openflowjava have DTLS support  , i thought we could reuse it .

regards
Mahesh

Abhijit Kumbhare

No - DTLS is not supported. There were no virtual OpenFlow switches which supported OpenFlow over UDP.

On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 7:51 PM, Mahesh Govind <vu3mmg@...> wrote:
Dear Experts,
Could you please let me know whether we have DTLS support for openflow java .
I was trying to implement capwap . If Openflowjava have DTLS support  , i thought we could reuse it .

regards
Mahesh

Mahesh Govind

Thanks for the info.Do  you have some insights regarding the best Dtls libs which we could use.

On 31 Oct 2014 09:19, "Abhijit Kumbhare" <abhijitkoss@...> wrote:

No - DTLS is not supported. There were no virtual OpenFlow switches which supported OpenFlow over UDP.

On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 7:51 PM, Mahesh Govind <vu3mmg@...> wrote:
Dear Experts,
Could you please let me know whether we have DTLS support for openflow java .
I was trying to implement capwap . If Openflowjava have DTLS support  , i thought we could reuse it .

regards
Mahesh

Abhijit Kumbhare

Not really - perhaps Michal P has an idea.

On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 9:09 PM, Mahesh Govind <vu3mmg@...> wrote:

Thanks for the info.Do  you have some insights regarding the best Dtls libs which we could use.

On 31 Oct 2014 09:19, "Abhijit Kumbhare" <abhijitkoss@...> wrote:
No - DTLS is not supported. There were no virtual OpenFlow switches which supported OpenFlow over UDP.

On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 7:51 PM, Mahesh Govind <vu3mmg@...> wrote:
Dear Experts,
Could you please let me know whether we have DTLS support for openflow java .
I was trying to implement capwap . If Openflowjava have DTLS support  , i thought we could reuse it .

regards
Mahesh

Prasanna Huddar

Mahesh,

Not sure of any libraries in java.

But in C we have

  http://yassl.com/yaSSL/Products-cyassl.html

and openssl(openvpn may use be the reference application).

May be using JNI we could achieve DTLS.

-Prasanna

Not really - perhaps Michal P has an idea.

On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 9:09 PM, Mahesh Govind <vu3mmg@...> wrote:

Thanks for the info.Do  you have some insights regarding the best Dtls libs which we could use.

On 31 Oct 2014 09:19, "Abhijit Kumbhare" <abhijitkoss@...> wrote:

No - DTLS is not supported. There were no virtual OpenFlow switches which supported OpenFlow over UDP.

On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 7:51 PM, Mahesh Govind <vu3mmg@...> wrote:

Dear Experts,
Could you please let me know whether we have DTLS support for openflow java .

I was trying to implement capwap . If Openflowjava have DTLS support  , i thought we could reuse it .

regards
Mahesh

Mahesh Govind

Thanks Abhijit & Prasanna .

On Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 10:24 AM, Prasanna Huddar <prasanna.huddar@...> wrote:

[...]

Michal Polkorab

Hi Mahesh,

openflowjava doesn't support DTLS at the moment. However, we have found a library called "Bouncy Castle" which supports DTLS. This library is already present  in controller. So we intend to analyze pros and cons of this library - and afterwards we might implement it to enable DTLS.

NOTE: There are currently no virtual switches supporting communication over UDP to controller - so DTLS support is now a low priority item. UDP also needs to be tested / optimized more.

Regards

Michal Polkorab

and openssl(openvpn may use be the reference application).

May be using JNI we could achieve DTLS.

-Prasanna

Not really - perhaps Michal P has an idea.

On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 9:09 PM, Mahesh Govind <vu3mmg@...> wrote:

Thanks for the info.Do  you have some insights regarding the best Dtls libs which we could use.

On 31 Oct 2014 09:19, "Abhijit Kumbhare" <abhijitkoss@...> wrote:

No - DTLS is not supported. There were no virtual OpenFlow switches which supported OpenFlow over UDP.

On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 7:51 PM, Mahesh Govind <vu3mmg@...> wrote:

Dear Experts,
Could you please let me know whether we have DTLS support for openflow java .

I was trying to implement capwap . If Openflowjava have DTLS support  , i thought we could reuse it .

regards
Mahesh

MichalPolkoráb

Software Developer

Mlynské Nivy 56 / 821 05 Bratislava / Slovakia
+421 918 378 907
/ michal.polkorab@...
reception: +421 2 206 65 111
/ www.pantheon.sk

logo

Mahesh Govind

HI Michal,
Thanks a lot for the info .
COuld you please let me know which module of the controller is using Bouncy Castle . I hope i could reuse most of the stuff and add a parser and state-machine to start with .
regards
Mahesh

On Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 3:15 PM, Michal Polkoráb <michal.polkorab@...> wrote:

[...]

I haven't checked source codes yet, but i tried to run "mvn dependency:tree -Dincludes=org.bouncycastle | less" and then looked for "org.bouncycastle".

Bouncy castle dependency has been found in several projects (some dependencies might be transitive) like:

topologymanager.shell

netconf-testtool

hosttracker.shell

netconf-ssh​ ...

I would try and see the netconf-ssh project to get more information.

Michal