This group is locked. No changes can be made to the group while it is locked.
OVSDB SB system test and scalability (if we can)
Hi OVSDB devs,
Please correct me if I am wrong but it is my understanding the new OVSDB SB protocol is going to be consumed by several projects in ODL (OpenStack, GBP, SFC, etc…). So the integration group would like to help creating system test for the overlay API as well as any other functionality you consider key in this release. We would like to also include an scalability test for OVS instances and tunnel creation if time allows.
So if you agree on the above let me introduce you the 2 people will be helping (starting next week):
- Chaudhry Usama, OpenDaylight summer intern I mentor
- Neelima Sharma, freelance test engineer
I am sure Chaudhry and Neelima will be very welcome in the OVSDB community, one of the most open and diverse in OpenDaylight :)
And now the basic questions to get started:
1) Information about new API, searching quickly:
- I can see there is already this wiki under construction: https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/OVSDB:MDSAL_Southbound
- There is also a POSTMAN collection with supported methods: https://github.com/opendaylight/ovsdb/blob/master/resources/commons/OVSDB_Southbound.postman_collection
- Some instruction on how to enable the SB feature and considerations: https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/OpenDaylight_OVSDB:Lithium_Integration_Test
- Am I missing anything?
2) For scalability:
- I remember old OVSDB committers were using docker instances to encapsulate OVS and therefore saving lot of resources (multiple OVS per host)
- I found this link: https://wiki.opendaylight.org/view/OVSDB:Testing_with_Docker, do you know if this is still updated?
- Any scalability/performance advice or concern is also welcome :)
Finally Chaudhry and Neelima have some experience with OVS but they will need for sure some support with questions and issues when they start testing. They both are in India so the time for the OVSDB call is not the best but I will be in their behalf. I have also asked Anil to support them in the time nobody (including me) is available. Obviously I will be mentoring them in all that is test/automation as well as with my limited OVS knowledge so I do not expect them to ask questions all the time to OVSDB devs that I know they are very busy right now.
And this is all I wanted to say, please let me know if you have questions, suggestions, or anything.