From: Garg, Sumit [mailto:sumit@...]
Sent: Tuesday, June 09, 2015 8:51 PM
To: Yapeng Wu; Sam Hague; Dayavanti Gopal Kamath; ovsdb-dev
Cc: Chris Wright; Swaminathan Vasudevan (PNB Roseville) (swaminathan.vasudevan@...); Maruti Haridas Kamat (maruti.kamat@...); afredette@...; Ravi Sundareswaran; Abhijit Kumbhare; Ravi Sabapathy; Aswin' 'Suryanarayanan; Hema Gopalkrishnan; Ravindra' 'Kenchappa
Subject: Re: ODL OVSDB hardware vtep support initial kick-off

Sending output of my experimentation to ovsdb-dev.

# This is a script that I had written to document my experimentation # using 4 machines:
#
# [A]----(b)----[C]----(d)----[E]----(f)----[G]
# [A] - Physical Server #1 (it was actually a Linux end host)
# (b) - IP over Ethernet link connecting server #1 to switch #1
# [C] - Physical Switch #1 with VTEP functionality (in my setup
# this was actually a Linux server with 2 NIC running OVS)
# (d) - VXLAN tunnel over IP over L2 Ethernet.
# [E] - Like [C], but for the other side
# (f) - Like (b), but for the other side
# [G] - like [A], but for the other side
#
# OVS should not be installed on [C] or [E] as part of the OS install.
# When InstallOVS is set to '1', the script downloads and compiles OVS.
# It then installs OVS under ~/Desktop/
#
#
# Disclaimer:
# -----------
# This is not production ready and MUST not be run directly. It makes # a lot of assumptions about the underlying server & OS.
#
# Please use the script (i.e. the commands listed here-in) as a starting # point and customize the same as appropriate for your scenario.
#
# Personal, I don't run the script directly. Instead I copy and paste # the commands one-at-a-time to my console session.
#
# The commands should be run as an oridinary user. sudo is used to get # root access as needed.

--
Sumit Garg
Extreme Networks

On 6/9/15, 9:56 AM, "Yapeng Wu" <Yapeng.Wu@...> wrote:

Hello, we have interests to work on this part as well. Please include
me in the discussion.

Sumit, can you share the scripts to the ovsdb-dev mailing list?

Thanks,
Yapeng

From: "Dayavanti Gopal Kamath" <dayavanti.gopal.kamath@...>
To: "Aswin' 'Suryanarayanan" <aswin.suryanarayanan@...>, "Anil
Vishnoi" <vishnoianil@...>, "Flavio Fernandes"
<ffernand@...>, "Sam Hague" <shague@...>, "Chris Wright"
<chrisw@...>, "Kyle Mestery" <mestery@...>, "Prem
sankar G" <prem.sankar.g@...>, "Abhijit Kumbhare"
<abhijit.kumbhare@...>, "Ravi Sundareswaran"
<ravi.sundareswaran@...>, "Maruti Haridas Kamat
(maruti.kamat@...)" <maruti.kamat@...>, "Swaminathan Vasudevan
(PNB Roseville) (swaminathan.vasudevan@...)"
<swaminathan.vasudevan@...>, "afredette@..."
<afredette@...>, "Ravi Sabapathy"
<Ravi_Sabapathy@...>, "Ravindra' 'Kenchappa"
<ravindra.kenchappa@...>, sumit@..., "Hema
Gopalkrishnan" <hema.gopalkrishnan@...>, "Vishal Thapar"
<vishal.thapar@...>
Sent: Tuesday, June 9, 2015 12:31:06 AM

Thanks for sharing the script and your inputs sumit!

Everyone, that was a good start to the activity.
Here's my notes captured from our discussion, please add as needed -

- Hardware_vtep schema md-sal model scoped to ovsdb project

- Net-virt module updates to support the schema and tie it to
neutron NSF

- AI : Maruti to provide L2-gateway functionality overview,
and
share thoughts on how ODL agent could be implemented after discussing
with Armando etc.

- Initial testing of the project can start with OVS, schema
can be
loaded manually, and the emulator script sumit has attached

- Statistics and L3 support - phase 2

- Need to start work on Project proposal and wiki

- Abhijit to get a webex slot from Phil Robb

Thanks!
daya

From: Andre Fredette
<afredette@...<mailto:afredette@...>>
Date: Monday, June 8, 2015 at 8:13 AM
To: Sumit Garg
<sumit@...<mailto:sumit@...>>,
Tim Bourne
<tbourne@...<mailto:tbourne@...>>,
Vikram Pendharkar
<vpendharkar@...<mailto:vpendharkar@...
m>>

Sumit,

I just added you to the meeting, so you may get a proper invitation.

In any case, you have the pertinent info below.

Andre

On 6/8/15 7:57 AM, Garg, Sumit wrote:
Thanks for the heads-up.

The invite is not opening correctly in my calendar. Can you please
confirm the details:

Toll Free USA: 877-748-5444
PIN: 546875
Passcode: 9084 1259#
Time: 2015-06-08 at 11:00 EDT
--

Sumit Garg

Extreme Networks

sumit@...<mailto:sumit@...>

+1 (919) 595-4971

From: Andre Fredette
<afredette@...<mailto:afredette@...>>
Date: Monday, June 8, 2015 at 7:39 AM
To: Sumit Garg
<sumit@...<mailto:sumit@...>>,
Tim Bourne
<tbourne@...<mailto:tbourne@...>>,
Vikram Pendharkar
<vpendharkar@...<mailto:vpendharkar@...
m>>

Hello All,

FYI, If Extreme is interested in participating in the effort to add
hardware VTEP support to OpenDaylight, talks are beginning.

Andre