Re: ODL OVSDB hardware vtep support initial kick-off

Abhijit Kumbhare

I am fine with Tuesday 7 am Pacific.

On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 1:58 AM, Dayavanti Gopal Kamath <dayavanti.gopal.kamath@...> wrote:
All,
We may need to take up a Tuesday 7 am pacific slot for the hardware vtep meeting. The Monday 8 am pacific slot is currently booked, and we need to check if it can be freed up for this meeting.
Wanted to do a quick survey of key contributors if they have any strong preferences, that cannot be accommodated by reschedules of other meetings. If it turns out that Monday is much more convenient, we will need to discuss with phil robb and others again. Please respond.

Thanks!
daya

-----Original Message-----
From: Garg, Sumit [mailto:sumit@...]
Sent: Tuesday, June 09, 2015 8:51 PM
To: Yapeng Wu; Sam Hague; Dayavanti Gopal Kamath; ovsdb-dev
Cc: Chris Wright; Swaminathan Vasudevan (PNB Roseville) (swaminathan.vasudevan@...); Maruti Haridas Kamat (maruti.kamat@...); afredette@...; Ravi Sundareswaran; Abhijit Kumbhare; Ravi Sabapathy; Aswin' 'Suryanarayanan; Hema Gopalkrishnan; Ravindra' 'Kenchappa
Subject: Re: ODL OVSDB hardware vtep support initial kick-off

Sending output of my experimentation to ovsdb-dev.

# This is a script that I had written to document my experimentation # using 4 machines:
#
# [A]----(b)----[C]----(d)----[E]----(f)----[G]
#   [A] - Physical Server #1 (it was actually a Linux end host)
#   (b) - IP over Ethernet link connecting server #1 to switch #1
#   [C] - Physical Switch #1 with VTEP functionality (in my setup
#       this was actually a Linux server with 2 NIC running OVS)
#   (d) - VXLAN tunnel over IP over L2 Ethernet.
#   [E] - Like [C], but for the other side
#   (f) - Like (b), but for the other side
#   [G] - like [A], but for the other side
#
# OVS should not be installed on [C] or [E] as part of the OS install.
# When InstallOVS is set to '1', the script downloads and compiles OVS.
# It then installs OVS under ~/Desktop/
#
#
# Disclaimer:
# -----------
# This is not production ready and MUST not be run directly. It makes # a lot of assumptions about the underlying server & OS.
#
# Please use the script (i.e. the commands listed here-in) as a starting # point and customize the same as appropriate for your scenario.
#
# Personal, I don't run the script directly. Instead I copy and paste # the commands one-at-a-time to my console session.
#
# The commands should be run as an oridinary user. sudo is used to get # root access as needed.

--
Sumit Garg
Extreme Networks

Join z.archive.ovsdb-dev@lists.opendaylight.org to automatically receive all group messages.