From: "Luis Gomez" <ecelgp@...>
To: "Andrew Grimberg" <agrimberg@...>
Cc: "'integration-dev@...' (integration-dev@...)
(integration-dev@...) (integration-dev@...)"
<integration-dev@...>, "ovsdb-dev" <ovsdb-dev@...>
Sent: Monday, June 22, 2015 6:36:10 PM
Subject: Re: [ovsdb-dev] [integration-dev] ovsdb server port

So if we want the OVSDB suite to run smooth in a test consolidated
environment (controller + OVS in same VM) we will have to open a different
port (not 6640) for the mininet VM. So I am thinking we can still use the
old port 6634 for the mininet VM.

BR/Luis

On Jun 22, 2015, at 3:05 PM, Andrew Grimberg < agrimberg@...
wrote:
On Mon, 2015-06-22 at 15:30 -0600, Edward Warnicke wrote:

Luis,

From the RFC: https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7047

"IANA has assigned TCP port 6640 for this protocol. Earlier

implementations of OVSDB used another port number, but compliant
implementations should use the IANA-assigned number.

IANA has updated the reference for port 6640 to point to this
document."

My guess is that it might have been 6634 at some point in the past...
but its 6640 now.

How old is our RHEL?

Ed,

This is a fallout from the recently built Fedora 21. Yes, we're aware
that F22 is already available but it came out just after we built out
the F21 image. We can modify the port that SELinux allows (it's not
hard), just not what the default SELinux policies allow openvswitch to
use.

If IANA says it should be 6640, I would suggest we use that and just
modify the Jenkins script to add it as an allowed port.

-Andy-

--
Andrew J Grimberg
Systems Administrator