Re: OVSDB clustering needs from mdsal

Anil Vishnoi <avishnoi@...>

With the current implementation that's the case, because ovsdb is as of now is not cluster aware. But once we make it cluster aware, only one instance of ovsdb will be writing to data store.

On Wednesday 02 September 2015 05:53 PM, Sharon Aicler (saichler) wrote:

Hi Anil,
Sorry, I meant "will each of the nodes write to the operational data store?" If ovsdb is connected to all the nodes, each will get the ovsdb notification and do a write transaction to the operational for the same data?

Sent from my Android phone using Symantec TouchDown (www.symantec.com)

-----Original Message-----
From: Anil Vishnoi [avishnoi@...]
To: Sharon Aicler (saichler) [saichler@...]; Sam Hague [shague@...]; ovsdb-dev@... [ovsdb-dev@...]
Subject: Re: OVSDB clustering needs from mdsal

Logically there is only one Operational/Config data store for all the nodes in the cluster. As of now persistence of operational data store is disabled, it only persist config data store.

On Wednesday 02 September 2015 05:48 AM, Sharon Aicler (saichler) wrote:
Hi,
Not sure how is it implemented now, if i have a N nodes cluster and the ovsdb is connected to each of the N nodes, does each node in the N cluster persist the operational data to the Data Store?