Hope i can find the time to hack on it soon :D

Cheers,

Hugo

On 30 okt. 2013, at 07:26, Brent Salisbury <brent.salisbury@...> wrote:

Thanks for marshaling all that together Madhu! I'm at ONUG until Thursday but have time tomorrow to get started.
Thanks,
-Brent

From: Madhu Venugopal <mavenugo@...>
Date: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 7:29 PM
To: "ovsdb-dev@..." <ovsdb-dev@...>, brent <brent.salisbury@...>, Evan Zeller <evanrzeller@...>, Matt O <mierdin@...>, Zhipeng Huang <zhipengh512@...>, Aswin Nair <aswinnair@...>
Subject: OpenDaylight OVSDB topic/netty branch status

Hi OVSDB-Devs,

Over the past few days, we were busy getting the topic/netty branch to shape after
migration to Netty and new Bi-directional JSON-RPC work
(Thanks to Brent, Aswin and Master Zeller's efforts).

I added a few more commits & brought all the branches together into the lib structure.
Also completed the integration with OVSDB Plugin's Connection & Inventory Service.

With most of the infra in place, I was able to get addBridge ConfigurationService working as well.

Please refer to all my recent commits to topic/netty branch :
https://git.opendaylight.org/gerrit/#/q/project:ovsdb,n,z

am also actively maintaining the Trello page :
https://trello.com/b/SbPFDkvW/hydrogen-ovsdb

For all of you, who signed up to handle some tasks, this is your time :-)
Pull the code and start hacking. If you guys need help getting starting with the new codebase,
I would be more than happy to call a google hangout session and bring you all upto speed.

We also have a google plus page :-)
https://plus.google.com/u/0/110026533014641186687/posts

Please add it to your circles and lets start sharing, polling, commenting and posting your cat pictures :-)

Thanks,
Madhu

PS : am still working on cleaning up the Library / Plugin code (its ugly looking at this point) :-)

Re: OpenDaylight OVSDB topic/netty branch status

Brent Salisbury

From: Madhu Venugopal <mavenugo@...>
Date: Tuesday, October 29, 2013 7:29 PM
To: "ovsdb-dev@..." <ovsdb-dev@...>, brent <brent.salisbury@...>, Evan Zeller <evanrzeller@...>, Matt O <mierdin@...>, Zhipeng Huang <zhipengh512@...>, Aswin Nair <aswinnair@...>

[...]

Zhipeng Huang <zhipengh512@...>

thx madhu !

--
Zhipeng Huang
Master Of Science & Research Assistant

OpenDaylight OVSDB topic/netty branch status

Madhu Venugopal

[...]

Re: Webex Recording of today's (10/22/13) meeting

Madhu Venugopal

No Problem Phil.

We found an awesome way to use Google Hangout for recording as well.
So we are good :)

On Sat, Oct 26, 2013 at 1:23 PM, Phil Robb <probb@...> wrote:
Sadly, it's a new link for every meeting.  It sounds like you folks are moving to Google Hangouts anyway.  Sorry this didn't work out for you.

Phil.

On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 12:03 PM, Madhu Venguopal <mavenugo@...> wrote:

Thanks Phil.

Will this link take care of all the subsequent weekly OVSDB meetings as well ?
Or will it be new link for every meeting ?

-Madhu

On 10/25/13 10:58 AM, Phil Robb wrote:

On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 10:39 AM, Madhu Venugopal <mavenugo@...> wrote:

On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 2:17 PM, Madhu Venugopal <mavenugo@...> wrote:
Topics Discussed :

1. Migration plan to the newer Infrastructure
2. Birds eye view on Yang and how it make sense for ovsdb schema.
3. Risk evaluation on the final approach that will be taken for the Hydrogen release.
4. Summary on NB-API and integration concerns with OpenStack Neutron.

Action Items :

1. Madhu to commit all the local changes in the netty branch (Including Ashwin's awesome changes :-)).
2. Identify & update Trello with all the missing pieces after the commit ( Marshalling, Operations definition, Mutations, Schema definition completion on the POJOs, RPC method definition completion, etc...)
3. ovsdb-dev will pick up any open items and start working on it.
4. In Parallel, the master branch will still be active with the functionality portions tested and evaluated. As always Brent is leading that front.
5. Schedule a call with Kyle as soon as possible to clear up all the Neutron / ML2 API questions and integrate with OVSDB.

Thanks,
Madhu

Phil Robb
Director - Networking Solutions
The Linux Foundation
Skype: Phil.Robb

--
[...]

(O) 970-229-5949
(M) 970-420-4292
Skype: Phil.Robb

Re: Trello page for the Open Items

Brent Salisbury

This is great Madhu. Really appreciate it. I will get a link up from the Wiki to it.

Thanks,
-Brent

From: Madhu Venugopal <mavenugo@...>
Date: Thursday, October 24, 2013 3:53 PM
To: "ovsdb-dev@..." <ovsdb-dev@...>, brent <brent.salisbury@...>, Aswin Nair <aswinnair@...>, Zhipeng Huang <zhipengh512@...>, Evan Zeller <evanrzeller@...>
Subject: Trello page for the Open Items

Folks,

As promised, Please use the following Trello page for task tracking
https://trello.com/b/SbPFDkvW/hydrogen-ovsdb

I added some initial stuffs to it & will continue to add all the missing items as I find it.

0. If not already, create a Trello account.
1. You can signup for any of the items in the above link (including the ones that some else has signed up).
2. Please feel free to add/delete/modify and move cards from TODO, DOING & DONE Lists
based on the progress.
3. Keep folks informed over email/IRC/phone/text :-) to make sure we dont end up with duplicate efforts.

[...]

Initial library commit in

Madhu Venugopal

Folks,

As you might have seen that I pushed the initial merged code from Brent, Evan & Aswin that covers
the Netty, JSON-RPC & Jackson based marshal/marshaling.

There is lot more work left still on the library side before getting the plugin stuffs to be fully integrated and operational. am working on it full time to get the library work done this week and hoping to give a talk on this on our weekly call next week.

I will also go ahead and add the missing pieces in Trello so that anyone interested and have time can jump in and start hashing it out on the topic/netty branch.

Thanks,
Madhu

[...]

Re: ovsdb topic branch for netty based json-rpc development

Madhu Venugopal

Thanks guys. Will send out a note once I do most of the porting and some of testing done ;)

-Madhu

On 10/11/13 2:22 PM, Brent Salisbury wrote:

+1. A topic branch is desperately needed. Apologies to Zhipeng and others in #opendaylight-ovsdb for dealing with forked repos in various locations. Replacing the library w/ Netty was too intrusive to try and do in the Main branch without completely breaking during the progress. Madhu, thanks for driving that bud.

Cheers,
-Brent

On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 5:18 PM, Evan Zeller <evanrzeller@...> wrote:
Sounds good to me

On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 5:03 PM, Madhu Venugopal <mavenugo@...> wrote:
Official ODL repo.

-Madhu

On Oct 11, 2013, at 1:58 PM, Zhipeng Huang <zhipengh512@...> wrote:

hi Madhu,

Would you be update the github ovsdb_netty repo or there's gonna be a new branch out of official odl ovsdb gerrit git repo

Best

Zhipeng

On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 1:34 PM, Madhu Venguopal <mavenugo@...> wrote:

As discussed through various channels, I will go ahead and pull a topic branch under ovsdb for
the netty based json-rpc & marshal/de-marshal from/to java POJO objects using jackson.
I will also port most of the spread out code into this 1 location so that we can all start to contribute
in this branch without impacting the working master.

Please raise a flag if you have any concerns.

Thanks,
-Madhu

Zhipeng Huang
Master Of Science & Research Assistant
Mobile Ad-Hoc Network Lab
California Institute for Telecommunications and Information Technology
Department of Electric Engineering and Computer Science
Department of Networked Systems
University of California, Irvine
Office: Calit2 Building Room 2402

Brent Salisbury
Network Engineer
NEMOC/WAN
University of Kentucky
(859)257-2299
IM 323125686 (ICQ)

Evan Zeller <evanrzeller@...>

[...]

Re: [openflowjava-dev] [OpenDaylight Discuss] Next vHackfest

Madhu Venugopal

+2. I will also take this a step further and suggest to take this migration to a topic branch and bring it back to
master only after all the migration & testing are done.

Thanks
-Madhu

On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 2:27 PM, Colin Dixon <ckd@...> wrote:

For the vHackfest, I'd like to propose a topic around how we can test and migrate to the MD-SAL without breaking the current code.

The naive approach of a single mega-update that introduces the MD-SAL, any relevant adaptor bundles, and any other changes that need to be made to the bundles above/below the SAL seems untenable. Based on some of the commits I've been seeing, I'm not sure that the plan is to go the route of full backward compatibility via adaptor bundles either.

I think a lot of us would be interested in discussing and better understanding how we're going to move forward here given the far-reaching ramifications of this shift.

--Colin